Fall Lacrosse Schedules

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: Fall Lacrosse Schedules

Post by njbill »

They don’t sound like comments from any BC parent I know either. Whether it’s the anonymity or a bad apple, I don’t know. It’s unfortunate, but every now and then, a parent (I’m talking generally, not BC specific) seems to post negative stuff about their kid’s team.
random observer

Post by random observer »

njbill wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:11 pm
BCLax24 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:03 am
njbill wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:40 pm
BCLax24 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:26 pm
Well clearly you are be snarky but I’ll answer your question regardless. And yeah actually North’s shooting numbers annoyed me at times. You can look at my posting history here on this forum and I’ve never pumped up North’s game like others on here have. Sam Apuzzo, in my opinion, is the greatest player in the history of the Eagles’ program.

As far as Humphrey goes, people on here are accusing me of just being a hater or being nervous about the impact she’ll have on UNC’s offense. As I said in my original post, I completely agree that she has a ton of talent and that she’ll likely go on to score a ton of goals throughout her collegiate career. I standby my point that it’s fair to question how efficient she’ll be at the next level. The few examples we have of her playing against tougher competition already show signs of this. I encourage everyone to rewatch her at the all America game. It was the single worst and most selfish performance in the history of the event. Huh? I wonder how many of these games you've seen other than this year's. I'll bet not many (if any). I have seen the large majority of the UA senior games, either in person or on TV. While it is a great event, bringing together many of the nation's top seniors, it is almost always a free-for-all all star game with offensive players dominating and little defense played. Your statement, to be kind, is absolutely untrue. Yes, she had the ball a lot in the game and did take a lot of shots, but the "single worst and most selfish performance in the history of the event"? Hardly. She was slightly more efficient at the fall classic, but she was still under 50% there and further proved her propensity to shoot constantly. "Slightly more efficient"? :lol: Five and one against the defending national champions (with Laliberty in goal the entire game). Pretty darn good performance against top (tough) college competition. I think she proved she belongs.Her turnover numbers are also extremely concerning and were severely underreported at Darien. And how many of her HS games did you see or are you parroting info someone (we can guess who) told you? Having seen a number of her HS games, I can say with certainty that she is not a turnover machine. Far from it. She has an excellent stick, in fact. She played for one of the toughest HS coaches ever. If she had "extremely concerning" turnover numbers, she'd have been benched regardless of her other abilities or at least been given one of LL's infamous sideline "chats." Why don't you post a video of one of her HS games where she had a lot of turnovers. Lots of her games are available online. I'll save you time. You won't be able to find one. Oh, and BTW, one TO against Northwestern.

Additionally, nobody is talking about her fit within the current makeup of UNC’s offense. Wurzburger, Casey, and her sister Ashley Humphrey are all righty attackers who thrive with the ball in their sticks as facilitators. This works in direct contrast of Chloe’s game, as she is is one of the most ball dominant players I’ve ever watched at the high school level. Their offense is completely lacking the cutters/finishers that you need to excel at the highest level with exceptions for maybe Marissa White and a couple of their midfielders. Uh, you do know that Chloe is a cutter/finisher who will fit in just fine with feeders. Yes, it is an open question as to how UNC will work the PT between CW, Casey, and AH, but CH will definitely play. Obviously, I realize that the offense and the team as a whole is still incredibly talented, and they’ll still be among the best teams in the country, but I think they definitely won’t be the scoring machine that they look like on paper, and Chloe will certainly not be this immediate savior that some may be expecting her to be.
I get it that you are a BC fan (parent of a 2024?) and aren't happy that CH is now at UNC as that strengthens a rival program. But your statements go well beyond reasonable opinions and observations and are really more snark than fact.
Well clearly you are massively biased Humphrey fans/supporters who have no ability to understand the nuances of the game. I know it’s been a couple of months since my original posts, but I feel a need to defend myself against these blatant UNC shills.

You’re statement that the all-America game has little defense played just provides more evidence for my statements. Despite the shaky defense, the North still only scored 10 goals in a 60 minute game, and that was largely due to Humphrey’s inefficiency. If it wasn’t the most selfish performance in the history of the event, than you should probably name any other player that has ever held the ball and shot more than she did in the events’ long history. The sad thing is that you simply can’t because it has never happened.

Another laughable take you shilled is that Chloe is a cutter/finisher and that she’ll fit in well in UNC’s offense. I’ve seen plenty of her games, despite your preconceived notions, and I can say confidently that the vast majority of her goals come from isolation dodging. The current construction of their offense is a disaster waiting to happen.

You also tried to dismiss my claims about her turnovers. I couldn’t find any turnover numbers for her high school career, but I did watch many of her games. She turns it over A TON. Maybe you don’t consider shooting the ball 10 feet over the goal and the defense gaining possession a turnover, but I think most reasonable people do. She also is quite overrated on the ride, and is much slower/less agile than most of her competitors. I know she had plenty of caused turnovers in high school, but I doubt it will translate to ACC competition.

And lastly, you tried to make out her game at the fall classic as this amazing “5 and 1” performance, but you provided no context towards her incredible inefficiency. 5 goals on 11 shots is not an impressive performance for what is supposed to be a high level d1 talent. Inside Lacrosse may talk her up obsessively, but that doesn’t make her the talent that some pretend that she is. Moreover, she’s not a great teammate. I can say first hand that she cares far more about her individual numbers than her teams’ success. If that’s the type of player that you like, than best of luck to you, but personally I will pass.
We waited a couple of months for that response?

My “bias,” if you want to call it that, is I disagree with what you’ve said about Humphrey, which is off-the-wall wrong and, apparently, driven by bitterness and even hatred. It certainly isn’t based on facts or observation of her play. I take it you are a parent of a BC senior (class of 2024). I have to say, it seems odd to me that you claim Humphrey isn’t a great teammate when on another thread you trash one of your daughter’s own BC teammates. Wow!

In your initial post, you said Humphrey’s performance in the Senior Game was “the single worst and most selfish performance in the history of the event.” You have no basis to say that having evidently seen only one (or maybe a small handful) of the games. It’s an inane comment, one that is dead wrong of course. And it’s just one of the many cheap shots you’ve leveled against her.

I doubt you have seen “plenty” of Humphrey’s games since you mischaracterize her play in several respects. Yes, she did a lot of ISO dodging in high school, but she’s much more than that. I saw lots of goals where she worked herself open for feeds and scored. It’s simply untrue that she’s only a dodger.

The reason I know you haven’t watched her games is your “turnover” claim. You characterize her as a turnover machine. Nothing could be further from the truth. I scouted her for my local HS team a couple of years ago (we played Darien). Just looked back at my scouting report. Nothing about a proclivity to turn the ball over, which is something I certainly would have noted had I observed it.

In high school she was strong redefender, but sometimes too aggressive. I’ve seen her get more than one yellow on the redefend. How she’ll be as a redefender in college remains to be seen. But “slower/less agile than most of her competitors”? Again, this tells me you really haven’t watched her play.

5 and 1 on 5 for 11 shooting against the NCAA champ with their no. 1 goalie in net by a kid who’s never played a college game yet was not “an impressive performance”? Yeah, OK.

You finish with another cheap shot, this one particularly despicable. You claim to have “first hand” knowledge that she’s “not a great teammate.” First hand knowledge?? Were you her teammate or her coach? No, you weren’t. I don’t claim to have first hand knowledge, but from what I have heard second or third hand, your statement is entirely WRONG.

I have to say, your posts on Humphrey are one thing, but your other post earlier today criticizing your daughter’s BC teammate really casts you in an entirely different light. I’ll just leave it at that. Look forward to your next post in February.
Agree with all of this. Pretty much every coach or player who has shared the field with her agrees that she is a transcendent, generational talent. It remains to be scene if she'll make good on that "generational talent" projection and reach the heights of the Treanors and Cummings of years past, but I don't see a world where she doesn't develop into an AA caliber player. Moreover, I've heard nothing but good things about her as a teammate and competitor.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

RollTheCrease wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:57 am
btwn30lax wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:21 pm I am not seeing it online either. Hmmm must be a big time scooper!

I think the schedule stuff is overblown personally. Sure-take a shot at Duke who has had an established program and plays Gardner-Webb etc. I just don’t get the hate towards some of the first and 2nd year programs and their schedules. I mean take a look at Pitt 2nd year schedule and how poorly they did with it. It was weaker than the above!

Love that Liberty is getting a ton of love for their schedule but let’s take a look at their conference slate. 5 out of 6 teams will be 70 or lower for RPI.

Longwood
Steson
Coastal
Queens
Kennesaw State
Lindenwood
Jacksonville

The ACC teams that take a ton of crap for their schedules but have to play the following every year (RPI wise)

Syracuse (Top 5)
Boston College (Top 5)
Virginia (Top 20)
Notre Dame (Top 10)
North Carolina (top 5)
Duke (Top 25)
Clemson (Top 30)
Louisville (Top 40)
VT (Top 40)

Essentially if you look at the schedules, the Jacksonvilles, the Mercers, the Libertys have to build a crazy out of conference slate to get their RPI built up. They also have an AQ to fall back on where Duke and others need wins that are highly likely to be considered for tourney selection. The Florida, Notre Dame, etc who play Liberty are banking on them winning the conference to bump up their RPI so that it helps their seeding in the NCAA’s.

Just the way schedules happen, look at football and basketball. Ohio State buys out of conference wins so that they can focus on the meat of their conference schedule.
Agree on Liberty’s OOC schedule. Looks rock solid. Their conference is the exact opposite, so I imagine their strategy is earn the AQ and use the early schedule to prepare for the tourney. I like this approach given the strength of the ASUN. To highlight this, a group of USF freshman ran circles around Stetson this fall. Playing in the ASUN will not help Liberty.
Liberty does have a solid OOC, but they will run into challenges with two ASUN teams IMO. Jacksonville hasn’t yet fallen and Coastal Carolina will be in the mix. I believe Coastal has a solid set of recruits the past few years. I also recall CC recruits and Denver recruits were paired up over the summer at Committed Academy. That combo team took it all and the contributions from the CC players were pretty good.

I still really, really like Liberty’s schedule but I’d rather be cautiously optimistic with 2024.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:26 pm
btwn30lax wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:21 pm I am not seeing it online either. Hmmm must be a big time scooper!

I think the schedule stuff is overblown personally. Sure-take a shot at Duke who has had an established program and plays Gardner-Webb etc. I just don’t get the hate towards some of the first and 2nd year programs and their schedules. I mean take a look at Pitt 2nd year schedule and how poorly they did with it. It was weaker than the above!

Love that Liberty is getting a ton of love for their schedule but let’s take a look at their conference slate. 5 out of 6 teams will be 70 or lower for RPI.

Longwood
Steson
Coastal
Queens
Kennesaw State
Lindenwood
Jacksonville

The ACC teams that take a ton of crap for their schedules but have to play the following every year (RPI wise)

Syracuse (Top 5)
Boston College (Top 5)
Virginia (Top 20)
Notre Dame (Top 10)
North Carolina (top 5)
Duke (Top 25)
Clemson (Top 30)
Louisville (Top 40)
VT (Top 40)

Essentially if you look at the schedules, the Jacksonvilles, the Mercers, the Libertys have to build a crazy out of conference slate to get their RPI built up. They also have an AQ to fall back on where Duke and others need wins that are highly likely to be considered for tourney selection. The Florida, Notre Dame, etc who play Liberty are banking on them winning the conference to bump up their RPI so that it helps their seeding in the NCAA’s.

Just the way schedules happen, look at football and basketball. Ohio State buys out of conference wins so that they can focus on the meat of their conference schedule.
Agree on Liberty’s OOC schedule. Looks rock solid. Their conference is the exact opposite, so I imagine their strategy is earn the AQ and use the early schedule to prepare for the tourney. I like this approach given the strength of the ASUN. To highlight this, a group of USF freshman ran circles around Stetson this fall. Playing in the ASUN will not help Liberty.
Liberty does have a solid OOC, but they will run into challenges with two ASUN teams IMO. Jacksonville hasn’t yet fallen and Coastal Carolina will be in the mix. I believe Coastal has a solid set of recruits the past few years. I also recall CC recruits and Denver recruits were paired up over the summer at Committed Academy. That combo team took it all and the contributions from the CC players were pretty good.

I still really, really like Liberty’s schedule but I’d rather be cautiously optimistic with 2024.

I got Liberty winning it. Coastal did have two solid recruiting years under Whitten. Thought they took a step back this September but that’s for down the road. For a team that has a lot of issues under previous coach Whitten seems to have tightened the ship. But I think Liberty is ready. Maybe Jacksonville holds on but I’m going Lib, Jack, then Coastal.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:04 am
MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:26 pm

Longwood
Steson
Coastal
Queens
Kennesaw State
Lindenwood
Jacksonville

Syracuse (Top 5)
Boston College (Top 5)
Virginia (Top 20)
Notre Dame (Top 10)
North Carolina (top 5)
Duke (Top 25)
Clemson (Top 30)
Louisville (Top 40)
VT (Top 40)

I got Liberty winning it. Coastal did have two solid recruiting years under Whitten. Thought they took a step back this September but that’s for down the road. For a team that has a lot of issues under previous coach Whitten seems to have tightened the ship. But I think Liberty is ready. Maybe Jacksonville holds on but I’m going Lib, Jack, then Coastal.
Talking to CC fans, Liberty is pretty much a rivalry game for them. Curious to hear your thoughts on September and the step back aspect.

Either way, I'll be sure to watch some ASUN games this year, which historically haven't been on my radar other than the sometimes watching Jacksonville.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

hmmm wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:07 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:49 am BC fans have been led down the garden path themselves recently with a very highly touted recruit who hasn't done anything on the field worthy of note so far. Happened previously with Wurzburger as has been previously mentioned, as well. 13/15 didn't come anywhere close to living up to the hype. Happens in college sports all the time where the top rated prospect doesn't amount to much more than a marginal player at the next level. I'm not predicting it will happen with Humphery, just allowing for the possibility.

As for the degree of difficulty between BC and NC--I think that's been there and I think it's also there for the foreseeable future. BC has given just as good as they've gotten from the Tar Heels. Nobody in the powder blue crew locker room or coaching staff is looking past BC--with or without the next superstar.
There's a bit of a difference in the CW was putting up her insane numbers down in Florida against below average competition for the most part. McD went down there to play American Heritage and completely shut her down. Also, when she played on Yellow Jackets everyone knew she was probably only the 3rd best player on that team. CH has played much tougher competition in high school and has starred in national events since she was in middle school. First time I saw her was as a rising ninth grader playing in the younger division of UA Underclass. She dominated that event even though she was playing against mostly 2022s. CONNY's first game was against the Baltimore team(who ended up winning the event) and I think she had 7G and 5A. I don't recall CW ever doing that for Florida.

There has been a big push to grow the game and having a "superstar" from Florida was an angle US Lax and IL were happy to run with. Look what IL did with Jaylen Rosga last year prior to her attending MD just because she was from MN. They had a new video journal by her and an IG takeover by her every few weeks for almost a year. She only played in 6 games last year, all MD blowout wins. In the end I'm not sure it's fair to the player as it sets unrealistic expectations in many cases. CW has had a very successful career so far. She was a starter on a national championship winning squad, scoring 3 goals over championship weekend. She's a two time all-american. She's played on Team USA at numerous events and done well. No, she hasn't been this transcendent talent she was touted as, but by most metrics she has been quite successful. If she hadn't been touted like she was, no one would be saying she "hasn't done anything on the field worthy of note so far".

To be fair, Rosga was in Maryland's rotation and was on the circle for more than 50% of draws before she got hurt 6 games in. She was actually the first freshman in the game most games, almost always in before edmondson.

Clearly Edmondson improved throughout the year and Rosga was sidelined. To early to call her a bust. In terms of athleticism, when she was in the gme she was one of the most athletic terps.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:47 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:49 am BC fans have been led down the garden path themselves recently with a very highly touted recruit who hasn't done anything on the field worthy of note so far. Happened previously with Wurzburger as has been previously mentioned, as well. 13/15 didn't come anywhere close to living up to the hype. Happens in college sports all the time where the top rated prospect doesn't amount to much more than a marginal player at the next level. I'm not predicting it will happen with Humphery, just allowing for the possibility.

As for the degree of difficulty between BC and NC--I think that's been there and I think it's also there for the foreseeable future. BC has given just as good as they've gotten from the Tar Heels. Nobody in the powder blue crew locker room or coaching staff is looking past BC--with or without the next superstar.
There's a bit of a difference in the CW was putting up her insane numbers down in Florida against below average competition for the most part. McD went down there to play American Heritage and completely shut her down. Also, when she played on Yellow Jackets everyone knew she was probably only the 3rd best player on that team. CH has played much tougher competition in high school and has starred in national events since she was in middle school. First time I saw her was as a rising ninth grader playing in the younger division of UA Underclass. She dominated that event even though she was playing against mostly 2022s. CONNY's first game was against the Baltimore team(who ended up winning the event) and I think she had 7G and 5A. I don't recall CW ever doing that for Florida.

There has been a big push to grow the game and having a "superstar" from Florida was an angle US Lax and IL were happy to run with. Look what IL did with Jaylen Rosga last year prior to her attending MD just because she was from MN. They had a new video journal by her and an IG takeover by her every few weeks for almost a year. She only played in 6 games last year, all MD blowout wins. In the end I'm not sure it's fair to the player as it sets unrealistic expectations in many cases. CW has had a very successful career so far. She was a starter on a national championship winning squad, scoring 3 goals over championship weekend. She's a two time all-american. She's played on Team USA at numerous events and done well. No, she hasn't been this transcendent talent she was touted as, but by most metrics she has been quite successful. If she hadn't been touted like she was, no one would be saying she "hasn't done anything on the field worthy of note so far".

To be fair, Rosga was in Maryland's rotation and was on the circle for more than 50% of draws before she got hurt 6 games in. She was actually the first freshman in the game most games, almost always in before edmondson.

Clearly Edmondson improved throughout the year and Rosga was sidelined. To early to call her a bust. In terms of athleticism, when she was in the gme she was one of the most athletic terps.
A bit revisionist history there. She played in the first 3 games, then did not play against Florida, JMU and Denver and then played in the next 3 against W&M, Drexel and Georgetown. She only had 1 DC and 2 GB in those 6 games, so if she was on 50% of the draws I'd be surprised. I'm not saying she won't be a good player and never called her a bust. I saw her play a few times in club games and at the indoor championships. My question was would she have been so highly touted and gotten so much exposure if she was from MD or NY? If anything my post was sympathetic to her stating that like CW expectations were higher than they should have been.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

hmmm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:57 pm

A bit revisionist history there. She played in the first 3 games, then did not play against Florida, JMU and Denver and then played in the next 3 against W&M, Drexel and Georgetown. She only had 1 DC and 2 GB in those 6 games, so if she was on 50% of the draws I'd be surprised. I'm not saying she won't be a good player and never called her a bust. I saw her play a few times in club games and at the indoor championships. My question was would she have been so highly touted and gotten so much exposure if she was from MD or NY? If anything my post was sympathetic to her stating that like CW expectations were higher than they should have been.
She was definitely injured for the Florida/JMU games. To your point, would she have been so publicized if she was a Maryland girl going to McD and playing for M&D? Probably not. But it wasn't just being a Minnesota girl, it was being a Minnesota girl playing for YELLOW JACKETS. I know lots of the publicity for her (and CW for that matter) was driven by Carol Rose as a tacit way to recruit girls from outside the East Coast.

Notice that neither of the top 24 Colorado girls got the same type of publicity despite 1) also being from non-core markets and 2) being better players
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:08 pm

She was definitely injured for the Florida/JMU games. To your point, would she have been so publicized if she was a Maryland girl going to McD and playing for M&D? Probably not. But it wasn't just being a Minnesota girl, it was being a Minnesota girl playing for YELLOW JACKETS. I know lots of the publicity for her (and CW for that matter) was driven by Carol Rose as a tacit way to recruit girls from outside the East Coast.

Notice that neither of the top 24 Colorado girls got the same type of publicity despite 1) also being from non-core markets and 2) being better players
100% agree that CR does a very good job getting her girls recruited.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

hmmm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:21 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:08 pm

100% agree that CR does a very good job getting her girls recruited.

Amazing the difference between some top clubs. Some do an amazing job getting everyone looks and others think the name gets the attention and just concentrates on the top two or three on the team. My daughter and others got zero help from her club. Had to do all the work themselves. Then of course taking the victory lap and credit for it. Worked out for the best though. She’s happy where she ended up.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

random observer wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:22 pm
Well clearly you are be snarky but I’ll answer your question regardless. And yeah actually North’s shooting numbers annoyed me at times. You can look at my posting history here on this forum and I’ve never pumped up North’s game like others on here have. Sam Apuzzo, in my opinion, is the greatest player in the history of the Eagles’ program.

As far as Humphrey goes, people on here are accusing me of just being a hater or being nervous about the impact she’ll have on UNC’s offense. As I said in my original post, I completely agree that she has a ton of talent and that she’ll likely go on to score a ton of goals throughout her collegiate career. I standby my point that it’s fair to question how efficient she’ll be at the next level. The few examples we have of her playing against tougher competition already show signs of this. I encourage everyone to rewatch her at the all America game. It was the single worst and most selfish performance in the history of the event. Huh? I wonder how many of these games you've seen other than this year's. I'll bet not many (if any). I have seen the large majority of the UA senior games, either in person or on TV. While it is a great event, bringing together many of the nation's top seniors, it is almost always a free-for-all all star game with offensive players dominating and little defense played. Your statement, to be kind, is absolutely untrue. Yes, she had the ball a lot in the game and did take a lot of shots, but the "single worst and most selfish performance in the history of the event"? Hardly. She was slightly more efficient at the fall classic, but she was still under 50% there and further proved her propensity to shoot constantly. "Slightly more efficient"? :lol: Five and one against the defending national champions (with Laliberty in goal the entire game). Pretty darn good performance against top (tough) college competition. I think she proved she belongs.Her turnover numbers are also extremely concerning and were severely underreported at Darien. And how many of her HS games did you see or are you parroting info someone (we can guess who) told you? Having seen a number of her HS games, I can say with certainty that she is not a turnover machine. Far from it. She has an excellent stick, in fact. She played for one of the toughest HS coaches ever. If she had "extremely concerning" turnover numbers, she'd have been benched regardless of her other abilities or at least been given one of LL's infamous sideline "chats." Why don't you post a video of one of her HS games where she had a lot of turnovers. Lots of her games are available online. I'll save you time. You won't be able to find one. Oh, and BTW, one TO against Northwestern.

Additionally, nobody is talking about her fit within the current makeup of UNC’s offense. Wurzburger, Casey, and her sister Ashley Humphrey are all righty attackers who thrive with the ball in their sticks as facilitators. This works in direct contrast of Chloe’s game, as she is is one of the most ball dominant players I’ve ever watched at the high school level. Their offense is completely lacking the cutters/finishers that you need to excel at the highest level with exceptions for maybe Marissa White and a couple of their midfielders. Uh, you do know that Chloe is a cutter/finisher who will fit in just fine with feeders. Yes, it is an open question as to how UNC will work the PT between CW, Casey, and AH, but CH will definitely play. Obviously, I realize that the offense and the team as a whole is still incredibly talented, and they’ll still be among the best teams in the country, but I think they definitely won’t be the scoring machine that they look like on paper, and Chloe will certainly not be this immediate savior that some may be expecting her to be.
I get it that you are a BC fan (parent of a 2024?) and aren't happy that CH is now at UNC as that strengthens a rival program. But your statements go well beyond reasonable opinions and observations and are really more snark than fact.
Well clearly you are massively biased Humphrey fans/supporters who have no ability to understand the nuances of the game. I know it’s been a couple of months since my original posts, but I feel a need to defend myself against these blatant UNC shills.

You’re statement that the all-America game has little defense played just provides more evidence for my statements. Despite the shaky defense, the North still only scored 10 goals in a 60 minute game, and that was largely due to Humphrey’s inefficiency. If it wasn’t the most selfish performance in the history of the event, than you should probably name any other player that has ever held the ball and shot more than she did in the events’ long history. The sad thing is that you simply can’t because it has never happened.

Another laughable take you shilled is that Chloe is a cutter/finisher and that she’ll fit in well in UNC’s offense. I’ve seen plenty of her games, despite your preconceived notions, and I can say confidently that the vast majority of her goals come from isolation dodging. The current construction of their offense is a disaster waiting to happen.

You also tried to dismiss my claims about her turnovers. I couldn’t find any turnover numbers for her high school career, but I did watch many of her games. She turns it over A TON. Maybe you don’t consider shooting the ball 10 feet over the goal and the defense gaining possession a turnover, but I think most reasonable people do. She also is quite overrated on the ride, and is much slower/less agile than most of her competitors. I know she had plenty of caused turnovers in high school, but I doubt it will translate to ACC competition.

And lastly, you tried to make out her game at the fall classic as this amazing “5 and 1” performance, but you provided no context towards her incredible inefficiency. 5 goals on 11 shots is not an impressive performance for what is supposed to be a high level d1 talent. Inside Lacrosse may talk her up obsessively, but that doesn’t make her the talent that some pretend that she is. Moreover, she’s not a great teammate. I can say first hand that she cares far more about her individual numbers than her teams’ success. If that’s the type of player that you like, than best of luck to you, but personally I will pass.

My “bias,” if you want to call it that, is I disagree with what you’ve said about Humphrey, which is off-the-wall wrong and, apparently, driven by bitterness and even hatred. It certainly isn’t based on facts or observation of her play. I take it you are a parent of a BC senior (class of 2024). I have to say, it seems odd to me that you claim Humphrey isn’t a great teammate when on another thread you trash one of your daughter’s own BC teammates. Wow!

In your initial post, you said Humphrey’s performance in the Senior Game was “the single worst and most selfish performance in the history of the event.” You have no basis to say that having evidently seen only one (or maybe a small handful) of the games. It’s an inane comment, one that is dead wrong of course. And it’s just one of the many cheap shots you’ve leveled against her.

I doubt you have seen “plenty” of Humphrey’s games since you mischaracterize her play in several respects. Yes, she did a lot of ISO dodging in high school, but she’s much more than that. I saw lots of goals where she worked herself open for feeds and scored. It’s simply untrue that she’s only a dodger.

The reason I know you haven’t watched her games is your “turnover” claim. You characterize her as a turnover machine. Nothing could be further from the truth. I scouted her for my local HS team a couple of years ago (we played Darien). Just looked back at my scouting report. Nothing about a proclivity to turn the ball over, which is something I certainly would have noted had I observed it.

In high school she was strong redefender, but sometimes too aggressive. I’ve seen her get more than one yellow on the redefend. How she’ll be as a redefender in college remains to be seen. But “slower/less agile than most of her competitors”? Again, this tells me you really haven’t watched her play.

5 and 1 on 5 for 11 shooting against the NCAA champ with their no. 1 goalie in net by a kid who’s never played a college game yet was not “an impressive performance”? Yeah, OK.

You finish with another cheap shot, this one particularly despicable. You claim to have “first hand” knowledge that she’s “not a great teammate.” First hand knowledge?? Were you her teammate or her coach? No, you weren’t. I don’t claim to have first hand knowledge, but from what I have heard second or third hand, your statement is entirely WRONG.

I have to say, your posts on Humphrey are one thing, but your other post earlier today criticizing your daughter’s BC teammate really casts you in an entirely different light. I’ll just leave it at that. Look forward to your next post in February.
Agree with all of this. Pretty much every coach or player who has shared the field with her agrees that she is a transcendent, generational talent. It remains to be scene if she'll make good on that "generational talent" projection and reach the heights of the Treanors and Cummings of years past, but I don't see a world where she doesn't develop into an AA caliber player. Moreover, I've heard nothing but good things about her as a teammate and competitor.
agreed. I've been on the CH bandwagon since 2020. I've seen her play alot. All you have to do is watch her play. The good ole eye test, stats aside. There are alot of Darien HS games on YouTube (who's excellent production rivals some colleges.) Her IQ and command of the field is next level. She's a chameleon of sorts. Ambidextrous, good speed and quickness. Can cut/juke and QB from behind the net. She tracks back and has a knack for knocking sticks and causing turnovers in transition. Has elite shot placement. She's a very complete player and no matter where on offense she's playing, her skills will translate.

Now i'll admit to hyping her a little too much on this forum and njbill and a few others have called me out on it but i think by now most people here have seen her play in some form or fashion and can agree there is no denying her talent. Whether or not she can become of one the greats remains to be seen. She does have some pretty serious injury history that might hinder her from reaching her full potential. But she's the real deal.

The CW comparisons are unfair because they could not be anymore different as players. CW was a volume scorer coming out of Florida. She wasn't anywhere as complete of a player as CH is. What CW did in HS was historic so it's hard to say that some of the hype wasn't warranted. Did she live up to it? no, but she's still an excellent player.

If you look at who CH has faced during her HS career, it's a murderous row of the elite of the elite. Alot of those players are current star sophomores and juniors in college right now. and she's been the best player in every game she's played against them being 2-3 years younger. It's for reasons like that most people think she's a sure thing. Already hearing she's been turning heads in camp. Will be a multi year first team all American minimum.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well said. I imagine I have disagreed with you here and there, but would be surprised if I disagreed about Humphrey. I first saw her play the summer after her sophomore year at the Connecticut high school postseason tournament (pre-UNC commitment). She knocked my socks off. I saw quite a bit of her the following year and have watched a good number of her games (full games) on YouTube. She is definitely the real deal. And, as you say, she has played against very top national high school competition, in Connecticut, the Island, Upstate, NJ, and Maryland.

P.S. The night before I first saw her play (summer of 2021) the coach I scout for asked me if I knew anything about Darien. My team was scheduled to play Darien the next day. I did some quick, down and dirty, searches on my phone. I told the coach I knew Darien had these Humphrey girls. I said I thought two of them had graduated (they had), but that there was another one coming along. In one of my biggest scouting whiffs, I didn’t find anything on Chloe. Why? No idea. So all I could tell my coach was I think there is another Humphrey somewhere in the pipeline, but I couldn’t find anything about her. Well, we got educated the next day, starting about 30 seconds into the game.
BCLax24

Post by BCLax24 »

First of all, sorry I don’t post on the forum every day. Your big diss is that I don’t post on here constantly like you do. I stand my my statements that Humphrey isn’t strong on the ride. It’s also hilarious that you randomly have assumed that I’m a parent of a 24’ with literally zero evidence. It’s funny that you call my accurate critiques on her game as “cheap shots” when really they are just acccurate statements.

And again I ask you to provide an example of a performance in the all America game that was more selfish than Chloe’s. You keep deflecting by saying it’s my fault for saying she is self centered, but you cannot provide one example of a woman who has ever been more selfish in this game than she has been.

The turnover claim is more than justified. If you genuinely think she is more athletic than an average college defender, than your level of lax IQ is laughable.

All you’ve done in your history on this forum is pretend to be informed while talking out of your ass. You are an awful person and I wish nothing but the worst for you going forward.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

😳
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

BCLax24 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:26 pm I encourage everyone to rewatch her at the all America game.
I'd like to have a look. Is there a link to the game you can provide? I went looking on YouTube but found only highlights.
BCLax24

Post by BCLax24 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:20 am
BCLax24 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:26 pm I encourage everyone to rewatch her at the all America game.
I'd like to have a look. Is there a link to the game you can provide? I went looking on YouTube but found only highlights.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:20 am

I think you can watch it on ESPN +
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

BCLax24 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:29 am I think you can watch it on ESPN +
Unfortunately no. I wish I had recorded it at the time. Oh well. In just 55 days we'll all get our first look vs JMU in the Heels season opener. Thanks anyway.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

BCLax24 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:29 pm

First of all, sorry I don’t post on the forum every day. Your big diss is that I don’t post on here constantly like you do. I stand my my statements that Humphrey isn’t strong on the ride. It’s also hilarious that you randomly have assumed that I’m a parent of a 24’ with literally zero evidence. It’s funny that you call my accurate critiques on her game as “cheap shots” when really they are just acccurate statements.

And again I ask you to provide an example of a performance in the all America game that was more selfish than Chloe’s. You keep deflecting by saying it’s my fault for saying she is self centered, but you cannot provide one example of a woman who has ever been more selfish in this game than she has been.

The turnover claim is more than justified. If you genuinely think she is more athletic than an average college defender, than your level of lax IQ is laughable.

All you’ve done in your history on this forum is pretend to be informed while talking out of your ass. You are an awful person and I wish nothing but the worst for you going forward.
Wow, someone's in a sh**ty mood. Happy holidays... or not so much?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

BCLax24 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:29 pm

Yikes!! Take a chill pill!
Bystanders

Post by Bystanders »

Let’s take it down a notch. Saw CH’s game live over 100 times. No idea what her impact will be at the college level, but never seen anything like it at the youth / HS level in any sport. To this day I have no idea if she’s righty or lefty.

There’s a reason the Stanford coach was at every single minute at every single game during her recruiting summer. It wasn’t to “recruit”, it was to show her interest directly so CH would consider Stanford over UNC and BC.

The girls and coaches know. Even the girls ranked 2-10 would tell you. Injuries and other factors can happen, but looking forward to see if it pans out in college.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”