Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Trump's Russian Collusion

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:59 pm I asked a direct, serious question which you have avoided answering again and again and again. Is the question making you uncomfortable? Needing to confront the implications of your views as expressed?
Your question was anything but direct. More like out of left field.
I still don't know what you're trying to get me to say, so you can mangle it to fit your agenda. I seek peace & stability.
Given the cost in blood & treasure, & the uncertain future, I would have been satisfied had Ukraine gone the route of Belarus.
We have no idea how this mess in Ukraine is going to play out. It's going to be a flash point for a wider war for the foreseeable future.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:31 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:59 pm I asked a direct, serious question which you have avoided answering again and again and again. Is the question making you uncomfortable? Needing to confront the implications of your views as expressed?
I still don't know what you're trying to get me to say, so you can mangle it to fit your agenda. I seek peace & stability.
Given the cost in blood & treasure, & the uncertain future, I would have been satisfied had Ukraine gone the route of Belarus.
We have no idea how this mess in Ukraine is going to play out. It's going to be a flash point for a wider war for the foreseeable future.
It doesn't matter what you say or how you answer the questions. MD will only twist it around and misrepresent what you have to say. When certain folks on this forum whine about not answering their questions.. not doing so is a prudent decision. They are not interested in your opinion, they are only interested in some sort of gotcha moment they can dream up.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:37 am
It doesn't matter what you say or how you answer the questions. MD will only twist it around and misrepresent what you have to say. When certain folks on this forum whine about not answering their questions.. not doing so is a prudent decision. They are not interested in your opinion, they are only interested in some sort of gotcha moment they can dream up.
🥾👅
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Again, avoidance.

FIRST:
You said you'd have preferred that Ukraine went the way of Belarus and had joined the Union State. Would have avoided Ukrainian lives lost and our treasure.

I responded: "So, your preferred answer to the disposition of Ukraine's people and their aspirations for democracy and prosperity would have been and remains that they be another authoritarian state under the control of Putin's Russian hegemonic ambitions?"

I continue to understand you to be saying, 'yes, that's what I'd have preferred'. If there's something about the way I've expressed that outcome with which you disagree, you've avoided addressing it.

SECOND:
You had this exchange with Geneva:
old salt wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:15 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:02 am

Geneva: When some people talk about lives lost in other countries I wonder how little they care when they use that as a cheap prop to try and win an argument.

Old Salt: How many Memorial Services for lost friends have you participated in, sport ?....& I don't mean OD's.

You then commented: "The arrogance of not having experienced the Cold War as an adult."

So I responded to your exchange with Geneva:

Serious question: Assuming you mean memorial services for those who lost their lives fighting one or another authoritarians, were their sacrifices "stupid"? Were they "losers"?

Or were those sacrifices important to America and to the freedoms and prosperity we have enjoyed for 70+ years and today?

And you keep ignoring, avoiding responding to that serious and quite direct question. It was made directly to you, not the ether.

You talk about memorial services, Cold War, and preferring that Ukraine had simply rolled over and aligned with Russia in furtherance of Putin's hegemonic ambitions.

My question (explained further) was whether those who die in service of democracy and sovereignty (ala the Cold War) were sacrifices that should NOT have been made? Were those who sacrificed "stupid" and "losers" ala Trump's description of those who died or were injured or were captured in such wars?

You made the connection with the memorial services you'd experienced, fallen comrades presumably, and dismissed Geneva for the "arrogance of not having experienced the Cold War" as you've argued that Ukraine should not have embraced western democracy, sought prosperity with the West, and instead have continued to have been ruled by authoritarian under the thumb of Russia. They certainly shouldn't have died in the defense of their own ambitions for freedom. And we certainly should not have encouraged such aspirations.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:03 am
🥾👅
I’d go with circus seal but that’s probably not in your civil world very acceptable.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:27 am
Again, avoidance.

FIRST:
You said you'd have preferred that Ukraine went the way of Belarus and had joined the Union State. Would have avoided Ukrainian lives lost and our treasure.

I responded: "So, your preferred answer to the disposition of Ukraine's people and their aspirations for democracy and prosperity would have been and remains that they be another authoritarian state under the control of Putin's Russian hegemonic ambitions?"

I continue to understand you to be saying, 'yes, that's what I'd have preferred'. If there's something about the way I've expressed that outcome with which you disagree, you've avoided addressing it.

SECOND:
You had this exchange with Geneva:
old salt wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:15 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:02 am

Geneva: When some people talk about lives lost in other countries I wonder how little they care when they use that as a cheap prop to try and win an argument.

Old Salt: How many Memorial Services for lost friends have you participated in, sport ?....& I don't mean OD's.

You then commented: "The arrogance of not having experienced the Cold War as an adult."

So I responded to your exchange with Geneva:

Serious question: Assuming you mean memorial services for those who lost their lives fighting one or another authoritarians, were their sacrifices "stupid"? Were they "losers"?

Or were those sacrifices important to America and to the freedoms and prosperity we have enjoyed for 70+ years and today?

And you keep ignoring, avoiding responding to that serious and quite direct question. It was made directly to you, not the ether.

You talk about memorial services, Cold War, and preferring that Ukraine had simply rolled over and aligned with Russia in furtherance of Putin's hegemonic ambitions.

My question (explained further) was whether those who die in service of democracy and sovereignty (ala the Cold War) were sacrifices that should NOT have been made? Were those who sacrificed "stupid" and "losers" ala Trump's description of those who died or were injured or were captured in such wars?

You made the connection with the memorial services you'd experienced, fallen comrades presumably, and dismissed Geneva for the "arrogance of not having experienced the Cold War" as you've argued that Ukraine should not have embraced western democracy, sought prosperity with the West, and instead have continued to have been ruled by authoritarian under the thumb of Russia. They certainly shouldn't have died in the defense of their own ambitions for freedom. And we certainly should not have encouraged such aspirations.
BTW service is more than military. I got sick from inhaling too much smoke about 5-6yrs ago as their house was burning down and they weren’t immediately aware and inside (saw from my back deck). They had lived there less than 6mo and I barely knew them and ended up in a routine of cardio beyond the norm with doctors for a quarter or two but nothing permanent. I take no credit it’s what neighbors do. Wouldn’t bring it up loosely but I’ve done my share. And lots of friends die tragically. He’s just an arrogant POS who cannot handle modern society and especially without a top down command and control grip on his life. This is all that the entirety of his portfolio of BS here is. Blanket labeling of cohorts, imo ability to parse anything difficult, anachronistic and out of touch. Derives his knowledge form calling people on the phone who aren’t physically close, second hand stories form his self selected increasingly finishing world and Fox News. It’s evolving into a moving caricature.

And my personal shot is relevant when one makes an argument that effectively those who root for Ukraine don’t care about lives like he does which is more genuine empathy than the pro Ukraine/anti Russia side. It’s like “yo you bright the morality into question of others but turn into a biyach once again when called out”. Just the other behavior. The pattern is so obvious and has been for a little while.

It is and alway was bad faith communication on here solely to win or be deemed right. Not about the essence of the issues. He’s always tactical over strategic which He is “lying” (in his words to others) when he claimed I learned it from because he always I projecting claiming to know what’s inside my mind while crying when always crying about others knowing what’s in his mind except he does it on discrete comments to others ignoring the portfolio while some (me at least) are looking at entire portfolio here of effort.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

🥾👅
When you stop lying then there can be a conversation. Your eloquence and good grammar is a thin disguise for asinine opinions. Why don't you go for a bike ride to clear your head? Who knows, maybe someday you'll say something that a lifelong conservative republican might say. :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:04 am
🥾👅
When you stop lying then there can be a conversation. Your eloquence and good grammar is a thin disguise for asinine opinions. Why don't you go for a bike ride to clear your head? Who knows, maybe someday you'll say something that a lifelong conservative republican might say. :roll:
Did I lie about something? Please be specific.

BTW, I take no issue with you disagreeing with any of my opinions and favoring your own. I merely ask you to explain and defend your own.

Otherwise, I'd prefer you to stop with the sniveling boot licking and personal insults.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:34 am
🥾👅

BTW, I take no issue with you disagreeing with any of my opinions and favoring your own. I merely ask you to explain and defend your own.

Otherwise, I'd prefer you to stop with the sniveling boot licking and personal insults.
Duuuuuh, hello.... Your biggest on going lie is claiming to be a lifelong conservative republican. Could you redefine what you mean by that? My good friend who is an actual bona fide lifelong conservative republican has an expression for your special breed of faux Republican. Not wanting to upset your sensitive nature I won't mention it. When it comes to boot licking your the hands down champion on this forum. There isn't a FLP liberal butt on this forum that you haven't put a liplock on . BTW... has the RNC offered you the featured speaker at next year's convention?? They should be blowing up your phone by now. :D FTR there sluggo I don't give a chit about what you prefer I do. If you have a problem with my posts then report it or shut the eff up. I'm done with your arrogance and faux Republican elitism.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:24 pm
🥾👅

Duuuuuh, hello.... Your biggest on going lie is claiming to be a lifelong conservative republican. Could you redefine what you mean by that? My good friend who is an actual bona fide lifelong conservative republican has an expression for your special breed of faux Republican.
Cradle, I think we're dealing with a live frog slowly boiling in a pot of ever-hotter water.....where Republicans haven't noticed that they were a party of strength....of leading by example, and a can-do attitude with the concept of noblesse oblige as the light the showed America the paths to take.

Now? The Republican party is the party of petty, selfish, scared old white men who are terrified of the world, and want desperately to go back to life in the 1950's. It's sad to watch, and the more I travel (I'm in Canada how) the more i hear pity from other countries. Pity, and a sense that other believe , correctly, that America has lost its way.

Here's a clip of what actual conservatives used to sound like. Do you get ANYTHING that sounds like this now? F no. You get fear, pettiness, and a "I got mine, everyone else can F off" attitude that would be regarded with derision by Reagan and Bush Sr.

It's sad to watch, and as the R voters tell us they want more of the meanness and selfishness that is Donald Trump....and reject the kindness of Bush you see in this clip, and the wisdom of Reagan who sees the imbalance in power between Mexico and the US...and wants to fix the larger problem, rather than building a stupid wall.

MDlax is rejecting this current fake-conservatism in the Republican party..... who are more worried about settling scores, than simply governing our country.

Last edited by a fan on Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

🥾👅

No he’s just afraid of what he doesn’t know and electing “fight” over “flight”.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:36 pm
🥾👅

Duuuuuh, hello.... Your biggest on going lie is claiming to be a lifelong conservative republican. Could you redefine what you mean by that? My good friend who is an actual bona fide lifelong conservative republican has an expression for your special breed of faux Republican.
Cradle, I think we're dealing with a live frog slowly boiling in a pot of ever-hotter water.....where Republicans haven't noticed that they were a party of strength....of leading by example, and a can-do attitude with the concept of noblesse oblige as the light the showed America the paths to take.

Now? The Republican party is the party of petty, selfish, scared old white men who are terrified of the world, and want desperately to go back to life in the 1950's. It's sad to watch, and the more I travel (I'm in Canada how) the more i hear pity from other countries. Pity, and a sense that other believe , correctly, that America has lost its way.

Here's a clip of what actual conservatives used to sound like. Do you get ANYTHING that sounds like this now? F no. You get fear, pettiness, and a "I got mine, everyone else can F off" attitude that would be regarded with derision by Reagan and Bush Sr.

It's sad to watch, and as the R voters tell us they want more of the meanness and selfishness that is Donald Trump....and reject the kindness of Bush you see in this clip, and the wisdom of Reagan who sees the imbalance in power between Mexico and the US...and wants to fix the larger problem, rather than building a stupid wall.

MDlax is rejecting this current fake-conservatism in the Republican who are more worried about settling scores, than simply governing our country.

So who determines a fake conservative Republican from what is suppose to be a real conservative Republican?? I don't feel comfortable with any republican. My mom, who was a fanatical liberal Democrat, at least by 1970s Democrat standards always went by her golden rule. The very worst Democrat was always preferable to the very best republican. My good friend and former neighbor is also a fanatical lifelong Republican. He will rip his party brutally all day long. At the end of the day he will vote for who ever the party nominates. My mom was the same way, she would vote for the candidate the democrats trotted out. IMO this country is desperately in need of a legitimate 3rd party that can give those of us fed up with the Ds and the Rs. There are people that are more politically savvy than I that say that can't be done.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:02 pm So who determines a fake conservative Republican from what is suppose to be a real conservative Republican??
I do. I get to give my opinion.

A real conservative believes in paying for what they get. Republicans today? Have taken us on a 20+ year long spending spree, where they haven't raised taxes even once, and could give a fig about sticking their kids with the sh(t they get from the .gov.

A real conservative would NEVER ban a book....and went to war in the 40's to keep the book burning fascists from taking over the world.

A real conservative wouldn't tolerate Trump's lawlessness, and would NEVER nominate a man convicted for defrauding a freaking military charity (and others)....and instead, blame prosecutors for daring to hold him accountable.

A real conservative wouldn't build a wall (see the YouTube video), and instead, work to fix our immigration and visa program.

Real conservatives aren't consumed by stupid conspiracy theories, and know perfectly well why TeamTrump was investigated....AND CONVICTED of felonies.

Real conservatives aren't cowering and afraid of the future, like they are now. Afraid of "foreigners", or change. Real conservatives help LEAD that change, as Reagan did. Remember "tear down this wall"? Change.

When was the last major bill passed by Republicans, Cradle? If you can't answer that...there you go. The party is broken.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:02 pm So who determines a fake conservative Republican from what is suppose to be a real conservative Republican??

A real conservative believes in paying for what they get. Republicans today? Have taken us on a 20+ year long spending spree, where they haven't raised taxes even once, and could give a fig about sticking their kids with the sh(t they get from the .gov.

A real conservative would NEVER ban a book....and went to war in the 40's to keep the book burning fascists from taking over the world.

A real conservative wouldn't tolerate Trump's lawlessness, and would NEVER nominate a man convicted for defrauding a freaking military charity (and others)....and instead, blame prosecutors for daring to hold him accountable.

A real conservative wouldn't build a wall (see the YouTube video), and instead, work to fix our immigration and visa program.

Real conservatives aren't consumed by stupid conspiracy theories, and know perfectly well why TeamTrump was investigated....AND CONVICTED of felonies.

Real conservatives aren't cowering and afraid of the future, like they are now. Afraid of "foreigners", or change. Real conservatives help LEAD that change, as Reagan did. Remember "tear down this wall"? Change.

When was the last major bill passed by Republicans, Cradle? If you can't answer that...there you go. The party is broken.
I never said the Republican party is not broken. All of my life the ineptitude of the Republican Party has been front and center. My dilemma is what constitutes the core values of a die hard lifelong Republican? There seems to exist a disturbing lack of continuity from one extreme to another. My good friend and former neighbor is a non repentant hard core republican. He wouldn't vote for Joe Biden if you put a gun to his head. He dislikes Trump but he will vote for him because he is the nominee. There is another self professed hard core lifelong Republican who not only voted for Biden but is an enthusiastic supporter. That would make as much sense to me as my mom voting for Richard Nixon because she disliked Hubert Humphrey so much. Trying to figure out the mindset of Republicans makes string theory look like childs play. :D
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

🥾👅

MDlax is rejecting this current fake-conservatism in the Republican party..... who are more worried about settling scores, than simply governing our country.

https://youtu.be/dAOcif3uyK8?si=h7rOUukuPYoBRB9L
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

🥾👅

https://youtu.be/dAOcif3uyK8?si=h7rOUukuPYoBRB9L
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yes his inane position that he or anyone else chooses who’s in a party but the individual is a moron and has authoritarian instincts incongruous with a free and Democratic society.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:02 pm
🥾👅

MDlax is rejecting this current fake-conservatism in the Republican who are more worried about settling scores, than simply governing our country.

So who determines a fake conservative Republican from what is suppose to be a real conservative Republican?? I don't feel comfortable with any republican. My mom, who was a fanatical liberal Democrat, at least by 1970s Democrat standards always went by her golden rule. The very worst Democrat was always preferable to the very best republican. My good friend and former neighbor is also a fanatical lifelong Republican. He will rip his party brutally all day long. At the end of the day he will vote for who ever the party nominates. My mom was the same way, she would vote for the candidate the democrats trotted out. IMO this country is desperately in need of a legitimate 3rd party that can give those of us fed up with the Ds and the Rs. There are people that are more politically savvy than I that say that can't be done.
“I don’t feel comfortable comfortable with any Republican…seconds later…

My good lifelong friend is a Republican…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:07 pm

I never said the Republican party is not broken. All of my life the ineptitude of the Republican Party has been front and center. My dilemma is what constitutes the core values of a die hard lifelong Republican? There seems to exist a disturbing lack of continuity from one extreme to another. My good friend and former neighbor is a non repentant hard core republican. He wouldn't vote for Joe Biden if you put a gun to his head. He dislikes Trump but he will vote for him because he is the nominee. There is another self professed hard core lifelong Republican who not only voted for Biden but is an enthusiastic supporter. That would make as much sense to me as my mom voting for Richard Nixon because she disliked Hubert Humphrey so much. Trying to figure out the mindset of Republicans makes string theory look like childs play. :D
That’s because you haven’t exercised your mind enough to have it be elastic.

As my sister likes to say a lot, it’s important to have a growth mindset over a fixed one.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

🥾👅

Duuuuuh, hello.... Your biggest on going lie is claiming to be a lifelong conservative republican. Could you redefine what you mean by that? My good friend who is an actual bona fide lifelong conservative republican has an expression for your special breed of faux Republican. Not wanting to upset your sensitive nature I won't mention it. When it comes to boot licking your the hands down champion on this forum. There isn't a FLP liberal butt on this forum that you haven't put a liplock on . BTW... has the RNC offered you the featured speaker at next year's convention?? They should be blowing up your phone by now. :D FTR there sluggo I don't give a chit about what you prefer I do. If you have a problem with my posts then report it or shut the eff up. I'm done with your arrogance and faux Republican elitism.
Just f-off, cradle.

Return to “POLITICS”