2019 Virginia Public GLAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
shotclock

Re: 2019 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by shotclock »

Langley plays the toughest schedule and they are they get better playing the best. Can someone else challenge is anyone's guess. They have a complete team and they get the ball to their best players spread the field and let them win the game. Saxon's big time favorites to win States.
helmetssoon

Post by helmetssoon »

Langley loses state final by 11, then loses Conf POY and becomes the big time favorite. :lol:

Ric Flair said it best...To be the man, you've got to beat the man. In this case, Woodson is the man until proven otherwise.

Langley is going to have their hands full getting through an improved Liberty District. Still the favorites there, but the gap between Saxons the rest of Liberty has closed significantly.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

shotclock wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:02 am Langley plays the toughest schedule and they are they get better playing the best. Can someone else challenge is anyone's guess. They have a complete team and they get the ball to their best players spread the field and let them win the game. Saxon's big time favorites to win States.
UMMM, cant agree with you on who is the "big time favorites" :o
helmetssoon wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:28 am Langley loses state final by 11, then loses Conf POY and becomes the big time favorite. :lol:

Ric Flair said it best...To be the man, you've got to beat the man. In this case, Woodson is the man until proven otherwise.

Langley is going to have their hands full getting through an improved Liberty District. Still the favorites there, but the gap between Saxons the rest of Liberty has closed significantly.
Well said. :D
Dr. Tact

Re: Coffey Break

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:43 pm I was going to wait for Doc T to give us the gouge but it was a 6:30 start for some reason so I arrived it was 4-3 Robo! That was when the Rams lost their way and gave up four straight to let the Fillies lead at the half 4-7. SoCo couldn't get out of the gate at the start of the 2nd half as their defense just collapsed allowing 6 Robo goals to give the lead back 10-7. SoCo got to 10-8 but the Stallions were forcing the ball and it looked like it was over until the Robo Freshman Focus of the Offense decided inside of three minutes left to go to goal so instead of winning by 2 it should be 3! Big save and SoCo had two free positions in the last two minutes but their freshman decided stick-side high was the way to go so it ended 10-8 and Robo escaped the karma. If Bozo Stinger had been in the house tonight he would have been drinking heavily as it was Aretha Franklin's Birthday Night so we got a huge dose of the Queen of Soul including trivia. At one point, the announcer was singing along but using P-I-Z-Z-A rather than R-E-S-PE-C-T...I had to respect his guts as outside of a shower it was punishing! Best line "Coach Curran is brave enough to have some Pizza and a Beer...I wanted to join him...but I was told he actually said Beard...what that had to do with it was again something BS would have covered with some classic rock. Tonight not so much!
Well, I wasn't there, so I am glad you were.....No comment on Chik-Fil-A?

I think SoCo won most of the draws in the first half....
VALaxer

Wednesday night

Post by VALaxer »

Couple of notable results:

Oakton (H) over Forest Park (waiting on score)

West Springfield (H) 15 Fairfax HS 2
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Spartan Surroundings...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

Made my way to West Springfield tonight and it is still rough like Oakton...let alone no Chick-fil-A no snack bar of any kind. I wanted to see the improved Fairfax squad who did get the first goal. However it was an all Spartan show from there with what I had as five goals apiece from the Junior Center Buckner & Frosh middie Sturtevant. I'll take the other posters word on the final being 15-2 as somehow during the urban fighting that makes the school look like part of FCPS, Fallujah City Public Schools, the scoreboard was knocked out! The Rebs only got one more as it was a tough night against the tall Spartan D...speaking of Rebels how much longer can Fairfax get away with that now that JEB Stuart is the PC correct Buford T. Justice Sheriffs & W&L is now the Washington Loving Investigations? Anyway, Sparty looked the contender even without scoreboard support going up 8-2 at the half. Tightly called game with three YCs (two for WS & one for Fairfax) mostly swings. For the second time this week heard some great announcing that is worth the price of admission! This time it was experiencing the great nicknames as each Sparty player had one including Strike-force, Crazy 8, Divebomber, Power, Moondoggy, Roadrunner, Dimples & Krusty the Klown! Definately worth a goal per game for the home squad as who wants to take on Boo Boo Kitty?
VirginiaTerp

Liberty District play starts this evening

Post by VirginiaTerp »

Washington-Lee at Langley

South Lakes at Herndon

Yorktown at McLean

Let the fun begin! :)
NFG4CHS

Post by NFG4CHS »

Source says Oakton 9, FP 7. Cougs up 8-1 at halftime. Not too sure what happened. :?
Dr. Tact

Re: Liberty District play starts this evening

Post by Dr. Tact »

VirginiaTerp wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37 am Washington-Lee at Langley

South Lakes at Herndon

Yorktown at McLean

Laxons
Hornets
Pats
VirginiaTerp

Post by VirginiaTerp »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:47 pm

South Lakes at Herndon

Yorktown at McLean

Laxons
Hornets
Pats
Langley (H) 16 Washington-Lee 7
Herndon (H) 18 South Lakes 8
shotclock

Post by shotclock »

Saxons took care of business 17-7 over a much improved W&L but they are still a couple of years away. Generals were no match for the Chung and Bean show. So looks like they are pretenders until they beat someone. BTW are they still called the Generals when they only have one General (Washington)!

When doe WTW play again? :roll: :lol:
VirginiaTerp

Post by VirginiaTerp »

Other notable Thu 3/28 scores:

Madison (H) 16 Chantilly 2

Oakton (H) 18 Westfield 6

Dominion (H) 19 Stone Bridge 3

George Mason (H) 19 Culpeper County 0

Justice (H) 19 Wakefield 5
VALaxer

Post by VALaxer »

VirginiaTerp wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:08 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:47 pm

South Lakes at Herndon

Yorktown at McLean

Laxons
Hornets
Pats
Langley (H) 16 Washington-Lee 7
Herndon (H) 18 South Lakes 8
Yorktown 19 McLean (H) 3
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Defensive Struggle in Lorton...

Made my way down Prison Way to see the Fillies who came out and stampeded the Cavs going up 7-5 in the first 10 minutes. I was surprised as SoCo got five goals from girls that neither played against Madison nor Robo! #22 Mosier, a Senior attacker who did her best Gabby impersonation from last year got them on the board and then after taking a YC came out of the box on fire and sunk her second to tie it 2-2. Stephan seemed like the only Cav who wasn't rusty after 13 days since the last game, getting the first four carrying the Cavs. After a frosh goal (one of 7 on SoCo Varsity that lists 24 players but only had 17 on the field for the National Anthem) the second unscouted/returning/new hire player was #16, Carr a Soph who went off for a hat-trick wrapped around a Cav goal to make it 7-5 and the upset alert spotlight was being shone from the nearest guard tower. Then the Cavs drew a second YC on the Stallions and after a timeout the Cavs unleashed the fury for a nine-goal run to get to 14 while SoCo got a Sully & Maham's second along the way. A slow clock start hurt the home squad at the minute mark as Cavs got a ball with about 20 seconds and went the length to score with 4 seconds left ...halftime 14-9. Cavs were led by Stephan and Alsup with lucky 7 apiece but Kruse, Hartung, Brown & Cordia all helped Cavs get to 20 and take the air out of the ball with 8 left in the game. Sully got the 13th to get a hat-trick after another SoCo YC took time off the clock. So it ended 20-13...luckily I took the over that the Hollywood Sports book set at 30. It wasn't a good night for goalies as the SoCo lights seemed to be no help. 2nd half was better for both sides. Snack bar burgers & dogs were off the grill so that offset the cassette-player-held-up-to-mike sound quality simply psychological warfare vintage which might have been good to blur the offensive language in some of the rap tunes at least according to the young guy in the stands who should know. Great weather, fun game if you like offense.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

I hear that robo split 2 games today....

13-12 win over West Po
9-11 loss to Madison

Anyone see these games? Sounds like they were good games. I'd appreciate your thoughts as I am far, far away and couldn't see them.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Atom Blast 2nd Weekend

I made my way to Annandale to see the Robo-West Po match this morning and the Wolverines came out snarling shocking a flat-footed Robo with 6 straight goals before the Rams realized the game had started and scored. No Prosser bad ankle so it looked bleak for Robo. The rest of the half was 2-2 for a 8-3 West Po lead. Back and forth second half and at 11-7 I was about to head up to the Stadium as that game was 5-5 in a purple face-off of Lake Braddock-Chantilly as surely West Po had learned to close from letting Langley off the hook in the second half in this tourney last year. The Rams All-Dime Offense scored again so I thought I better wait and see. I love the starting 12 for the Wolves but they made a sub on D and it hurt as the Rams rolled in the last four to win 13-12. I believe I'm banned from posting upset alerts for West Po from now on still #15 in Wolves Blue was the best player on the field. West Po is not built for when the weather gets warm as they are thin on subs. They are deep when you compare them to Chantilly who have 16 on the roster and I heard the Bruins who only had 4 subs themselves came out on top 8-7
The main event Madhawks vs Robo was an entertaining game in great weather. Madison was loose with the ball but made enough shots against the Rams to lead 8-4 until Robo got one with 3 seconds left. It looked like a slam-bam ending when Rams got to 8-10 but only a goal each way down the stretch so it ended 11-9. West Po buried Chantilly lacking any blonde magic 14-3ish. Madison was cruising against Lake Braddock when I left 4-1.
From Marshall Tourney:
Marshall over SoCo by 1!
Camp Henry over Westfield by a couple after a Dawg push in the last few minutes made it competitive.
SoCo over C-Ville by 2-3.
NFG4CHS

Post by NFG4CHS »

Atomic source says Purple had game in hand up one with two minutes left and possession against the Bruins, and with no coaching, turn ball over and Bruins win by 1. Send out the hounds to find Griles who was the force behind the state glory years ago to right the ship or find blondie. Source also notes that on the bright side, cheese spines have at least extended more CYA youth divisions at CHS. :lol:
VALaxer

More Saturday Scores

Post by VALaxer »

In other scores outside of Annandale (Virginia Beach to be exact)....

West Springfield 15 Bishop Sullivan (H) 11
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Source says Madison beat Yorktown 14-8.

And the Pats goalie had 17 saves :o
VirginiaTerp

Post by VirginiaTerp »

Other Monday results:

Herndon (H) 20 Broad Run 2
George Mason (H) 16 McLean 5