Re: CAA

Post by 10stone5 »

Good “seeding” for Drexel.
Not an official seed, but a definite path to a couple
tournament wins.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

JMU Duke Dawgs get screwed with their seeding.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

livelovelax wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:55 am JMU Duke Dawgs get screwed with their seeding.
Does that mean UNC got screwed too if they have to play the Dukes?
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Don't understand your logic or question. JMU wins the CAA tournament, having also won 6 straight games. Clearly a team on the rise after starting out slowly. Made changes and have kids back from injury. They would have been better losing to Drexel and playing in their bracket. Regionalization hurts the Dawgs. They should have gone to College Park or Baltimore to play.

Hope they can beat Hop and then play spoiler against everyone's #1 team UNC, the greatest team every assembled.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

livelovelax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:40 am Don't understand your logic or question. JMU wins the CAA tournament, having also won 6 straight games. Clearly a team on the rise after starting out slowly. Made changes and have kids back from injury. They would have been better losing to Drexel and playing in their bracket. Regionalization hurts the Dawgs. They should have gone to College Park or Baltimore to play.

Hope they can beat Hop and then play spoiler against everyone's #1 team UNC, the greatest team every assembled.
Now there’s a take for you! I like it, I like it!!
njbill

Post by njbill »

lll, back in the days of the old nj.com forum, a Shawnee fan once called me Moorestown’s Johnnie Cochran. I think you have assumed the mantle of James Madison’s Johnnie Cochran. :lol:

If Madison gets by the Hop, I’ll be interested in Johnnie’s analysis for how they are going to beat the greatest team ever assembled.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

livelovelax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:40 am
I assume there is a little use of the sarcastica font here?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Greatest Team ever assembled? Really?? I hope that is dripping with sarcasm like icing dripping off of a Bundt cake. :lol:

If you think THAT particular team is REALLY THAT, then you haven't seen many teams. You must have just started following or watching because of the Pandemic. And if that's the case, then I understand.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

LarryGamLax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:58 am Greatest Team ever assembled? Really?? I hope that is dripping with sarcasm like icing dripping off of a Bundt cake. :lol:

If you think THAT particular team is REALLY THAT, then you haven't seen many teams. You must have just started following or watching because of the Pandemic. And if that's the case, then I understand.
Don’t just drop that and run, Larry. Who were the better teams? I’m not denying that there were some, but, name them...
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Cletus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:21 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:58 am Greatest Team ever assembled? Really?? I hope that is dripping with sarcasm like icing dripping off of a Bundt cake. :lol:

Don’t just drop that and run, Larry. Who were the better teams? I’m not denying that there were some, but, name them...

I didn't run at all. If you do a little research, it's really easy.

Remember this : Talent that doesn't win is just talent.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

LarryGamLax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:27 pm

But you’ve already done the research, right? Otherwise you wouldn’t have made that comment, yes? So give, Larry. Who are the other teams?

“Talent that doesn’t win is just talent.” Sounds Like Stony Brook...
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Cletus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:39 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:27 pm

But you’ve already done the research, right? Otherwise you wouldn’t have made that comment, yes? So give, Larry. Who are the other teams?

“Talent that doesn’t win is just talent.” Sounds Like Stony Brook...
Or BC with the “Big 3”
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Lax247 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 pm
Cletus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:39 pm “Talent that doesn’t win is just talent.” Sounds Like Stony Brook...
Or BC with the “Big 3”
True, true.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

I haven't done the research, but fully expect UNC to run the table and will go down as one of the best teams. ever.
Cletus

Towson out

Post by Cletus »

Tigers got a cruel break when their star Blair Pearre was injured in her last game. They greatly missed her today. They fall to Stony Brook 14-8
seacoaster

Re: Towson out

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:26 pm Tigers got a cruel break when their star Blair Pearre was injured in her last game. They greatly missed her today. They fall to Stony Brook 14-8
Agreed; they really missed her.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 pm CAA is all of the sudden the 2nd best division in Wlax, forget about the BIG10.

Drexel
Elon
Towson
James Madison

all legit.

guaranteed that no one wants to draw Drexel in the 1st round of the NCAA's
https://youtu.be/a-5rqvAw-_I

Big 10 teams left after 1st round - 3
CAA teams left after 1st round - 1

So much for the CAA being 2nd best, eh PA? Glad I'm not the only one who makes predictions that fall flat. 😉
harflax

Post by harflax »

Two games head to head B10 vs CAA.
JMU over Hopkins
Rutgers over Drexel

Current score is 1-1. Maryland got a gift drawing High Point, Northwestern earned the bye with their great regular season, Rutgers had a good win over Drexel. JMU great win over Hopkins, Towson unfortunately played without their best player and leading scorer, Hofstra played Loyola tough.

Northwestern is what separates the conferences. After that I think the top teams in the CAA are right there with the rest of the B10.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Cletus wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:57 am
8meterPA wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 pm CAA is all of the sudden the 2nd best division in Wlax, forget about the BIG10.

Drexel
Elon
Towson
James Madison

all legit.

So much for the CAA being 2nd best, eh PA? Glad I'm not the only one who makes predictions that fall flat. 😉
4:57 am? Yes, Towson, Hofstra and Drexel all lost..all competitive games and tough draws. 1 -1 vs the BIG, maybe u should have taken that wager?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:42 am
Cletus wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:57 am

Drexel
Elon
Towson
James Madison

all legit.

4:57 am? Yes, Towson, Hofstra and Drexel all lost..all competitive games and tough draws. 1 -1 vs the BIG, maybe u should have taken that wager?
11:42 am? If I had taken the wager we would have split. Where's the regret?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”