Justice vs Edison

Mt. Vernon vs Hayfield
VALaxer

Re: 2021 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by VALaxer »

VA-GLaxFan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:35 pm I am in need of a couple of scores

Justice vs Edison

Mt. Vernon vs Hayfield
Justice 19 - Edison (H) 8 is the report I heard.
VA-GLaxFan

Post by VA-GLaxFan »

Justice vs Edison

Mt. Vernon vs Hayfield
Anyone have the Mt. Vernon vs Hayfield game?
VALaxer

Post by VALaxer »

VA-GLaxFan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:10 pm

Justice vs Edison

Mt. Vernon vs Hayfield
Anyone have the Mt. Vernon vs Hayfield game?
Hayfield (H) 19 - Mt Vernon 3
UnderArmourOdor

Re: TOPTM - The Only Poll That Matters

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

and away we go...
Top Ten
1) Langley (4-0) – 39 Pts: The Laxons won’t give up the crown easily / The Saxons won in 2019 and decided to give themselves an virtual title in 2020, but so far, they look like they want to win it again on the field in 2021 / #1 until proven otherwise / Luckily Mortimer & Randolph Duke had the N, B & C air filtration unit in the Saxons underground former Nike Missile Bunker Training Facility working all last year!
2) Woodson (4-0) – 37 Pts: The opener was a traditional Cougs-Cavs slugfest / Whether it was an on night for the Cavs, an off night for Sparty, or some of both, their win at WS stands as the best win of anybody so far in this short season / Lots of frosh playing key roles!
3) Robinson (5-0) – 31 Pts: They just keep rolling along, surviving close ones with Oakton and SoCo. The back half of the schedule for them is loaded / Miss the old days of Robo paranoia! / 11 Seniors has to help.
4) Madison (4-1) – 26 Pts: Joined half of 6A in holding Oakton to 9 in their only loss, their impressive win over Annandale makes up for it / I thought the 2-goal win versus SoCo was troubling but then the Fillies gave Robo all they wanted / Maybe the most experienced team as not a Frosh on the roster!?!
5) Oakton (2-3) – 22 Pts: 9 was finally a good number for the Cougs in the crosstown death-match with the Warhawks / Joins South County as the "Kevin Bacon" of 6A at is seems everybody plays one of those two squads and gives us voters a chance at comparison. If they can hold teams to under 9, they can be dangerous / Coach O not ducking anyone when you open with Woodson Robo & Langley.
6) West Springfield (3-1) – 19 Pts: Shut down a SoCo team that seems to have given everyone else a game in one of the more impressive scores so far this season / Was rolling until old rival WTW came over / Their midfield is ultra-impressive.
7) Washington & Liberty (5-1) – 14 Pts: Took a point off for worst name but at least Buford T. Justice HS Sheriffs are out of the cellar / Langley ran the clock on them made them mad for T-town / Big OT win over Yorktown should clear the way for an 8-1 regular season, but they don't pick up any strength of schedule points down the stretch.
8) Yorktown (5-1) – 11 Pts: Young squad looks to be growing, W&L loss was a coin flip game / Didn’t see W&L doing that / SoCo win was a good one
9) Battlefield (5-0) – 9 Pts: Stringing together some impressive wins, but the "scrimmage" loss to South County and their SoS keeps them from being higher / The Gonzaga of 6A GLAX / Needs to beat Colgan.
10) West Potomac (5-1) – 5 Pts: Gets in to the top 10 with the win over SoCo & the Sheriffs and because the Annandale loss was in poor weather. Both Justice & Annandale are right on their heels though.

Honorable Mention:
SoCo: 3 Pts: Which team will show up / I have to get down to the Lorton Prison Yard to see them.
B.T. Justice: 2 Pts: Lots of Sheriff Buzz!
Annandale: 1 Pt: When was the last time the Atoms had a 4-game winning streak?
Colgan: 1 Pt: Land Sharks can’t be in TOPTM until they train somebody to put scores on their website!
Huey Lewis: 0 Pts: The “News” gets a mention for giving themselves a 17-1 win versus the Wolverines, still up on the website.
VALaxer

Week 4

Post by VALaxer »

Here are some of the top games and teams in action this week, highlighted by a rematch of the last state championship game tonight :!:

I may have missed some, so feel free to update:

Today:
Madison @ Langley
W+L @ Chantilly
McLean @ Oakton
Osbourn Park @ Battlefield

Tuesday:
Woodson @ Westfield
Justice @ Lewis
W. Springfield @ TC Williams
South Lakes @ Lake Braddock

Thursday:
Robinson @ Woodson
Lake Braddock @ West Springfield
Osbourn High @ Battlefield
South County @ Fairfax

Friday:
Yorktown @ Langley
Madison @ Westfield
W+L @ McLean
Chantilly @ Oakton
Hayfield @ West Potomac
TC Williams @ Annandale
South Lakes @ Herndon
VA-GLaxFan

Re: TOPTM - The Only Poll That Matters

Post by VA-GLaxFan »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 pm and away we go...
Top Ten
1) Langley (4-0) – 39 Pts: The Laxons won’t give up the crown easily / The Saxons won in 2019 and decided to give themselves an virtual title in 2020, but so far, they look like they want to win it again on the field in 2021 / #1 until proven otherwise / Luckily Mortimer & Randolph Duke had the N, B & C air filtration unit in the Saxons underground former Nike Missile Bunker Training Facility working all last year!
2) Woodson (4-0) – 37 Pts: The opener was a traditional Cougs-Cavs slugfest / Whether it was an on night for the Cavs, an off night for Sparty, or some of both, their win at WS stands as the best win of anybody so far in this short season / Lots of frosh playing key roles!
3) Robinson (5-0) – 31 Pts: They just keep rolling along, surviving close ones with Oakton and SoCo. The back half of the schedule for them is loaded / Miss the old days of Robo paranoia! / 11 Seniors has to help.
4) Madison (4-1) – 26 Pts: Joined half of 6A in holding Oakton to 9 in their only loss, their impressive win over Annandale makes up for it / I thought the 2-goal win versus SoCo was troubling but then the Fillies gave Robo all they wanted / Maybe the most experienced team as not a Frosh on the roster!?!
5) Oakton (2-3) – 22 Pts: 9 was finally a good number for the Cougs in the crosstown death-match with the Warhawks / Joins South County as the "Kevin Bacon" of 6A at is seems everybody plays one of those two squads and gives us voters a chance at comparison. If they can hold teams to under 9, they can be dangerous / Coach O not ducking anyone when you open with Woodson Robo & Langley.
6) West Springfield (3-1) – 19 Pts: Shut down a SoCo team that seems to have given everyone else a game in one of the more impressive scores so far this season / Was rolling until old rival WTW came over / Their midfield is ultra-impressive.
7) Washington & Liberty (5-1) – 14 Pts: Took a point off for worst name but at least Buford T. Justice HS Sheriffs are out of the cellar / Langley ran the clock on them made them mad for T-town / Big OT win over Yorktown should clear the way for an 8-1 regular season, but they don't pick up any strength of schedule points down the stretch.
8) Yorktown (5-1) – 11 Pts: Young squad looks to be growing, W&L loss was a coin flip game / Didn’t see W&L doing that / SoCo win was a good one
9) Battlefield (5-0) – 9 Pts: Stringing together some impressive wins, but the "scrimmage" loss to South County and their SoS keeps them from being higher / The Gonzaga of 6A GLAX / Needs to beat Colgan.
10) West Potomac (5-1) – 5 Pts: Gets in to the top 10 with the win over SoCo & the Sheriffs and because the Annandale loss was in poor weather. Both Justice & Annandale are right on their heels though.

Honorable Mention:
SoCo: 3 Pts: Which team will show up / I have to get down to the Lorton Prison Yard to see them.
B.T. Justice: 2 Pts: Lots of Sheriff Buzz!
Annandale: 1 Pt: When was the last time the Atoms had a 4-game winning streak?
Colgan: 1 Pt: Land Sharks can’t be in TOPTM until they train somebody to put scores on their website!
Huey Lewis: 0 Pts: The “News” gets a mention for giving themselves a 17-1 win versus the Wolverines, still up on the website.
Go to laxnumbers.com. I have all of the scores in there and up dated.
StackO

Post by StackO »

Regarding Lax numbers, first of all thank you for your hard work I know it’s very appreciated.

Are Fairfax teams heavily weighted like a Duke in basketball? I just find some of the opponents of a few the top 10 teams very weak but when they beat them it seems to not hurt the teams rankings.

Just wondering
StackO

Post by StackO »

Battlefield (H) 16 Osbourn Park 2
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Saxons 19 - Warhawks 7

Wow!
UnderArmourOdor

Re: I now know why...

Doc T didn't post anything about Friday Night's Robo-SoCo game. He went on the NFHS Network to watch the game & found out that South County is using the original camera used by Director Victor Fleming in filming the Wizard of Oz [Moderator: UAO where is this going?]...in fact as you watch the girls on the left portion of the screen they look disturbingly like the Flying Monkey Scene. The camera was damaged in the scene where Dorothy throws the water bucket on the Wicked Witch of the West [Mod: UAO...Robo...Witch...this is a slippery slope!] No...no I just want to report that I have started a GO FUND ME page for South County High School so they can replace that camera & send it out to The Motion Picture Hall of Fame in Palm Springs, CA. [Mod: Well I had it wrong UAO!]
Please help @ https://gofundme/the-wicked-witch-is-de ... _hollywood
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Bulldawgs 6 - Cavs 19

Made the trek out to Westfield tonight as did a couple other head coaches...Robo...etc. First the snack bar was open...Yeah!!! Both Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza...but no hot dogs I asked the very nice women running the show why & she didn't know they use plastic gloves but no joy on game day dogs! Still a good selection of snacks & drinks for a perfect night for lax.
It was 10-4 Cavs at the half & ended 19-6. Good game by both squads but maybe the Cavs were looking a touch past the Dawgs to the oldest blood feud in the Northern Region only 1.75 miles apart. Rams & Cavs have 13 State Titles between them & the rest of the Northern Region has 13 so it has been a running rivalry since 1993. On Thursday the Rams come to Pat Cunningham & I imagine both teams will play better than their past contests.
FSUFan

Re: Bulldawgs 6 - Cavs 19

Post by FSUFan »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:34 pm Made the trek out to Westfield tonight as did a couple other head coaches...Robo...etc. First the snack bar was open...Yeah!!! Both Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza...but no hot dogs I asked the very nice women running the show why & she didn't know they use plastic gloves but no joy on game day dogs! Still a good selection of snacks & drinks for a perfect night for lax.
It was 10-4 Cavs at the half & ended 19-6. Good game by both squads but maybe the Cavs were looking a touch past the Dawgs to the oldest blood feud in the Northern Region only 1.75 miles apart. Rams & Cavs have 13 State Titles between them & the rest of the Northern Region has 13 so it has been a running rivalry since 1993. On Thursday the Rams come to Pat Cunningham & I imagine both teams will play better than their past contests.
No Chick-fil-A, no hot dogs, UAO?! Then it is not a good concession stand! You are losing your touch!!
Gordon Ramsey you are not! 🤔
VALaxer

Post by VALaxer »

More Tuesday night scores:

Sheriffs 18 - The News (H) 5
W. Springfield 18 - TC Williams (H) 2
Falls Church (H) 21- Wakefield 12
S. Lakes 14 - LB (H) 9
Edison (H) 15 - TJST 8
VirginiaTerp

5/19 - Herndon vs Mount Vernon

Post by VirginiaTerp »

Last night - Herndon 22 Mount Vernon (H) 2
Dr. Tact

Re: I now know why...

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:17 am Doc T didn't post anything about Friday Night's Robo-SoCo game.
Was off at the NCAA's so I missed it...heard it was close though.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Rams 11 - Cavs 10 in a classic!

What a game at Pat Cunningham Tonight. Two of the best coaches in the Northern Region going back & forth in a game of runs. The Cavs came out firing going up two in the first five minutes. Here is when I thought playing on Tuesday was an advantage for the Cavs but Coach Prosser had been at the Westfield game & came up with a gadget D with the best Defender on the field, #12 Lewis sitting just outside the arc pouncing on the Cavs feeds triggering some turnovers & a 3-goal run by the Rams. The Cavs managed to tie it at 3 before the Rams took the lead 4-3. The Cavs Coach Lewis adjusted the “O” & got the last two to reach halftime at 5-4 for the home squad. The second half was a classic as the Cavs looked like they were pulling away with a beautiful goal & then a Man-Up goal to have 4 straight to go up 7-4. Here the Rams faithful helped the cause as the officials stopped the game brought out both ADs onto the field called out both coaches for one of the greatest on field parlays & meeting of the minds since the 2006 Rams-Bruins guys bench clearing brawl game at Robinson. I heard the Rams fans had loudly asked the Rams side referee to please remove his head from what seems like an anatomical impossible receptacle. The delay dragged on & the MO changed as a usually reliable Cav middie gave up the ball when play finally resumed & the Rams scored three straight goals using their 70% Draw Control advantage with their running on & off a special DC stick. It proved the difference as a former Cav college player after the game said there was no contest against a skilled DC taker using the special stick, kudos to the Rams to make this new wrinkle a must now a high school must. Just inside 13 minutes left in the game the Cavs went back ahead 8-7. Hill who bedeviled the Cavs all night tied it at 8 & for the first time the “First-One-To-10-Wins” was mentioned. The Cavs made a push to get close with a goal to get to 9. However, the Rams DC advantage was never more evident as they won back-to-back draws & scored two goals in 11 seconds to get to 10. Robo let the Cavs back in with their 3rd Yellow Card but another Cav turn-over ended the threat. The Cavs also reached 10 with an excellent dodge from the X by Torgersen. Kluegal was somehow left alone & drew a FPS that she missed but a hold gave her a second try that she made with a great shot to beat the Cavs Gross seeming ending the game 11-10. The Rams threw it around some in the last two minutes but the Cavs couldn’t get a groundball & it seemed over until the Cavs finally got the ball with 16 seconds & drove it the length to force a FPS with a second left. Whether by a hunch or luck, the Rams replaced the starter Ellis in goal with Ruiz sometime in the 2nd half & that was the difference as she made the biggest save of the night as time expired. The Rams Seniors won the first meeting of what surely be a few more battles. The Snack Bar was busy but like Westfield no Chick-fil-A was allowed at girl’s lacrosse, a bad decision as the game started late with lots of Woodson girls taking afternoon AP Exams so it was Pizza & the legendary “Pat Cunningham” Corndog.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 am What a game at Pat Cunningham Tonight. Two of the best coaches in the Northern Region going back & forth in a game of runs. The Cavs came out firing going up two in the first five minutes. Here is when I thought playing on Tuesday was an advantage for the Cavs but Coach Prosser had been at the Westfield game & came up with a gadget D with the best Defender on the field, #12 Lewis sitting just outside the arc pouncing on the Cavs feeds triggering some turnovers & a 3-goal run by the Rams. The Cavs managed to tie it at 3 before the Rams took the lead 4-3. The Cavs Coach Lewis adjusted the “O” & got the last two to reach halftime at 5-4 for the home squad. The second half was a classic as the Cavs looked like they were pulling away with a beautiful goal & then a Man-Up goal to have 4 straight to go up 7-4. Here the Rams faithful helped the cause as the officials stopped the game brought out both ADs onto the field called out both coaches for one of the greatest on field parlays & meeting of the minds since the 2006 Rams-Bruins guys bench clearing brawl game at Robinson. I heard the Rams fans had loudly asked the Rams side referee to please remove his head from what seems like an anatomical impossible receptacle. The delay dragged on & the MO changed as a usually reliable Cav middie gave up the ball when play finally resumed & the Rams scored three straight goals using their 70% Draw Control advantage with their running on & off a special DC stick. It proved the difference as a former Cav college player after the game said there was no contest against a skilled DC taker using the special stick, kudos to the Rams to make this new wrinkle a must now a high school must. Just inside 13 minutes left in the game the Cavs went back ahead 8-7. Hill who bedeviled the Cavs all night tied it at 8 & for the first time the “First-One-To-10-Wins” was mentioned. The Cavs made a push to get close with a goal to get to 9. However, the Rams DC advantage was never more evident as they won back-to-back draws & scored two goals in 11 seconds to get to 10. Robo let the Cavs back in with their 3rd Yellow Card but another Cav turn-over ended the threat. The Cavs also reached 10 with an excellent dodge from the X by Torgersen. Kluegal was somehow left alone & drew a FPS that she missed but a hold gave her a second try that she made with a great shot to beat the Cavs Gross seeming ending the game 11-10. The Rams threw it around some in the last two minutes but the Cavs couldn’t get a groundball & it seemed over until the Cavs finally got the ball with 16 seconds & drove it the length to force a FPS with a second left. Whether by a hunch or luck, the Rams replaced the starter Ellis in goal with Ruiz sometime in the 2nd half & that was the difference as she made the biggest save of the night as time expired. The Rams Seniors won the first meeting of what surely be a few more battles. The Snack Bar was busy but like Westfield no Chick-fil-A was allowed at girl’s lacrosse, a bad decision as the game started late with lots of Woodson girls taking afternoon AP Exams so it was Pizza & the legendary “Pat Cunningham” Corndog.
Good synopsis. I thought Coach P's use of the zone was a good move. TTBOMK, Robo had not shown that defense in years....I think it surprised the Lady Cavs. Back and forth game with 2 Cavs having hat tricks.

Last second shot was a little more dramatic then you hint at above....Cav forward is fouled and the time had expired. Another huddle among the refs and 1 Second put on the clock....High to high shot, that the Ram goalie caught.

Well played game....reminded me of some of the Cav/Ram games from 5 or 6 years ago.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 am The Rams Seniors won the first meeting of what surely be a few more battles.
UAO....isnt this the first time Robo has won one for the current Senior class? I think the last time was 2017?

all of these one goal games suggest that there is a lot of parity at the top....Oakton, Woodson, Robinson, South County?
VALaxer

Post by VALaxer »

More Thursday Scores:

South County 13 - Fairfax (H) 2
West Springfield (H) 12- Lake Braddock 5
Battlefield (H) 17 - Osbourn 0

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”