Athletes Unlimited Season 3

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxDadMax

Re: Athletes Unlimited Season 3

Post by LaxDadMax »

DMac wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:54 am Feel the same, it's mighty tough though. I do think the GKs have an advantage in racking up some significant points in a game.
Fast paced games, shorter field, shot clock...gonna be a lot of shots per game. All others really have to chase after their points.
In the last game last season Moreno stuffed Sam a couple of times on shots she normally puts in, did the same last week, she seems to step up to Sam when it most matters (points competition wise). We'll see what happens....but don't tell those not interested/not watching. ;)
Agree they have an edge. Especially with the 6 v 6 play it is easier for a goalie to get a backup which counts as a CT. Moreno has 17 CTs which account for 238 points and leads the league. If she holds on to win, this is why.
DMac

Post by DMac »

HailMaryPass wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:16 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:54 am Feel the same, it's mighty tough though. I do think the GKs have an advantage in racking up some significant points in a game.
Fast paced games, shorter field, shot clock...gonna be a lot of shots per game. All others really have to chase after their points.
In the last game last season Moreno stuffed Sam a couple of times on shots she normally puts in, did the same last week, she seems to step up to Sam when it most matters (points competition wise). We'll see what happens....but don't tell those not interested/not watching. ;)
I somewhat appreciate that the goalkeepers have a point advantage, they don't get enough recognition in other levels of the sport and have to fight for their spot a bit more. Moreno not playing in high school and coming out on top in college and pro is a great way to highlight her as a goalie. Plus she is having a great pro season, didn't she have a game with 20+ saves or something?? So although I want Apuzzo to win, Moreno in first place is and will be more than well deserved.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with it, the point system is what it is and that's that. If I'm being honest I don't really care who is crowned the champ I just thoroughly enjoy watching these girls play, the skill level is just off the charts. I also enjoy the comradery which extends way beyond team members of the team a player is on. These girls all know one another well, have played with and against each other and have a lot of respect for one another. The switching up of teams adds that element which I find kind of nice.
Yes, Moreno has had a couple of games with a big save count. Don't know if she's reached 20 but if not real close to it. She's been real steady and consistent in the cage, tough to get the ball by her.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

DMac wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:14 pm You're making an issue out of nothing...not going to participate in the name calling.
Just don't read it and you'll be okay.
Make a negative comment. Call someone overly sensitive and then of course a snotty comment “sorry not sorry.” And then pretend to take the high road. Don’t worry. Most read your comments and already know our a douche.
DMac

Post by DMac »

What'd you do, take a poll and that was the consensus of most, or are you just being an asswhole and making stuff up to suit yourself?
(our and you're are not synonymous)
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Yep. Figured you one of the grammar or typo remark kind of guys. May want to spell your own words correctly. jerk
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

But I guess you being a douche already knew on this site they auto correct to a different word.
DMac

Post by DMac »

It's phonically so it'll print, otherwise you get this "jerk".....or did you already find that out? I wanted to get the full effect.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

I like douche better. And they’ll accept that. 👍 Enjoy your day
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Oops. Forgot a period. Just wanted to point that out there because you’re one of those guys. Should be a period after enjoy your day.

Actually had to go back and change the auto correct on this one.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

I love the toughness on anonymous websites. I’m sure neither of you would call each other an jerk or a douche to each other’s face. Can we go back to just posting about lacrosse now. Just Re-lax
DMac

Post by DMac »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:44 pm Yep. Figured you one of the grammar or typo remark kind of guys. May want to spell your own words correctly. jerk
Should have used your preferred word here then, eh?
Game time, tune in. You enjoy your day too (just continuing
on with the faux niceties there).
DMac

Post by DMac »

T Apuzzo takes qtr 1, Sam had a sweet btb goal too. Picking up points.
Mastroianni playing a good game (she's hit the pipe on quite a few shots
...nice shots just a titch off), put a rocket in too. Arsenault scored the
other one on a fast break.
Charolette looking hell bent on shooting again (can't blame her) using up
a lot of the shot clock though. Wood on her...she aint easy.
3-2
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

DMac wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:31 pm T Apuzzo takes qtr 1, Sam had a sweet btb goal too. Picking up points.
3-2
Tuned in to watch 5 minutes saw 3 turnovers - by Mastro, North, very sloppy - terrible shot Apuzzo. This is why it doesn't interest me. Its sloppy and forced and run and gun lacrosse. Ill stick to the college game.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, college game is gorgeous, smoother and cleaner. This a different game.
Was that a strip on the North TO? She can't get by Wood, Wood has stripped her
on two consecutive possessions in the 2nd qtr...crazy good defender. Definitely
going to be more TOs in this game...pretty much the nature of the beast.

T Bosco 7-6 at the half.
Sam with another goal,
Mastroianni just an incredible
workhorse.
Kenzie with another Air
Gaitish 2 pointer from behind.

Suddenly 8-7 Apuuzo. Sam with 1
with about a quarter of a second on the
clock, Mastroianni with one on a drive to
the cage.
Last edited by DMac on Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

DMac wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:31 pm T Apuzzo takes qtr 1, Sam had a sweet btb goal too. Picking up points.
3-2

Who is Charolette? Also missed an apostrophe. Oh “you should’ve used a preferred word” other than titch. Titch is a small child. You must meant tick. For someone who polices this site for grammar and typos, you sure had a lot of typos in that last one. Eh?
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Was gonna do it on everyone one of your posts because I really can’t stand grammar police online like yourself, but I’m gonna leave you alone now. Enjoy the game.
DMac

Post by DMac »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:15 pm
3-2

Who is Charolette? Also missed an apostrophe. Oh “you should’ve used a preferred word” other than titch. Titch is a small child. You must meant tick. For someone who polices this site for grammar and typos, you sure had a lot of typos in that last one. Eh?
Yeah, my bad on the Charlotte, thanks.
If I had used the contraction I would have
put the apostrophe in there.
Yes, titch is commonly used with the meaning of small.
As in she missed the cage by a titch.

Done with you, carry on if you'd like.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Damn, Mastroianni again off by a titch with a pipe shot!!
North scores at the other end.
9-8 Bosco, 6:45 to go.

Mastroianni again, 9-9.
2:10 to go...lottttta pressure!!

Then Ally wins the draw.

OMG, absolute thievery by Arsenault, just steals the ball on a takeaway.
Sam scores the winner at the other end. Really sweet play, Aresenault
throws the assist too.
10-9,final.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

I watched. Didn’t love the production.
I don’t want to see anyone standing around a split screen doing nothing making the playing side smaller. Games tied and we are sharing a screen with Charlotte North standing around while the ball is in the other offensive zone. Btw, Apuzzo is awesome. Can’t wait to see how she is when she gets a head coaching job and see if she is a great coach as well.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:57 pm I watched. Didn’t love the production.
I don’t want to see anyone standing around a split screen doing nothing making the playing side smaller. Games tied and we are sharing a screen with Charlotte North standing around while the ball is in the other offensive zone. Btw, Apuzzo is awesome. Can’t wait to see how she is when she gets a head coaching job and see if she is a great coach as well.
Have a major complaint about that as well. Last week's game had Carc and Quint on the sideline sitting in nice comfy lawn chairs. Their input was actually pretty darn good but they didn't have to be taking up half the screen. They were on for a long time too.

GAME TWO UP!!!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”