Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Orange Duce

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
seacoaster wrote:"....So why then if we all believe MBS wants to be King, and he has a vision of a more "moderate islam" in his country...."

I don't think he has any meaningful interest in anything like a "moderate islam." He wants to be King; he wants to contain and eliminate dissent. The moderation line is for Jared.
Been there, done that

MBS wants to be a fair dictator
:lol: :lol: For someone that hates when others bring up Obama's name or a Clinton, you sure like to resurrect the past. Still waiting to hear your ideas on what should be done on this particular issue? Or shall we just look forward to another youtube clip. ;) Put yourself out there it's just a silly forum. ;)
The poin isn't Cheney. It's the long history of the region and the belief that the region that dates back to the beginning of civilization (Sumeria) will adopt our way of life. Jared Kushner knows best...I will find a clip. Thanks for the advice.

Reading is fundamental

Reading is fundamental

a little more perspective

Some of this is opinion and some is fact. For instance, a lot of religion is derivative. For a really good read, you should try the Mahabharata. Good philosophical lessons.
Almost seems like you agree with Sharia in totality and zero change for the region, maybe you are traditional practicing Muslim...that would make sense with your holding onto the past is clearly being the only way....and if so, I respect your belief.

However, as these women say....The Changing Face of Saudi Women
In a deeply conservative culture, they are carefully redefining the boundaries of public life.
Saudi Arabia is the world’s most gender-segregated nation, but amid changes now under way, multiple generations of women are debating how to be truly modern and truly Saudi.
Where did you read what I “agree” with? BTW, I had some female friends from Iran that I went to school with. Your citation is old news. I learned those things in 1990 (re: Iran not SA)
I said "almost seems like you agree with" (Reading is Fundamental ;) ) Because your articles were all primarily just "accepting" that things are not changing, at least before you edited the post a few times before I could respond. Still avoiding the original question?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
seacoaster wrote:"....So why then if we all believe MBS wants to be King, and he has a vision of a more "moderate islam" in his country...."

I don't think he has any meaningful interest in anything like a "moderate islam." He wants to be King; he wants to contain and eliminate dissent. The moderation line is for Jared.
Been there, done that

:lol: :lol: For someone that hates when others bring up Obama's name or a Clinton, you sure like to resurrect the past. Still waiting to hear your ideas on what should be done on this particular issue? Or shall we just look forward to another youtube clip. ;) Put yourself out there it's just a silly forum. ;)
The poin isn't Cheney. It's the long history of the region and the belief that the region that dates back to the beginning of civilization (Sumeria) will adopt our way of life. Jared Kushner knows best...I will find a clip. Thanks for the advice.

Reading is fundamental

Reading is fundamental

Some of this is opinion and some is fact. For instance, a lot of religion is derivative. For a really good read, you should try the Mahabharata. Good philosophical lessons.
Almost seems like you agree with Sharia in totality and zero change for the region, maybe you are traditional practicing Muslim...that would make sense with your holding onto the past is clearly being the only way....and if so, I respect your belief.

In a deeply conservative culture, they are carefully redefining the boundaries of public life.
Saudi Arabia is the world’s most gender-segregated nation, but amid changes now under way, multiple generations of women are debating how to be truly modern and truly Saudi.
Where did you read what I “agree” with? BTW, I had some female friends from Iran that I went to school with. Your citation is old news. I learned those things in 1990 (re: Iran not SA)
I said "almost seems like you agree with" (Reading is Fundamental ;) ) Because your articles were all primarily just "accepting" that things are not changing, at least before you edited the post a few times before I could respond. Still avoiding the original question?
Yes. "almost seems like" based on what? Did I missed the articles that show how we have successfully installed a democracy in the Middle East. Point it out and I will be happy to read it....

Saudi Arabia will change because Jared wants them to.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

frmanfan wrote:
a fan wrote:
jhu72 wrote:All of this is really technical and incomprehensible to an audience already conditioned to not listen to scientist and experts.
Wait: so you're saying that Trumpism has long term consequences?!?! Noooooooo. That's un-possible, JHU!

You just have TDS. This is fake news.
Hold the phone fan, are you implying that Trump supporters are the reason that nuclear is out of fashion in the US? Or that Merkel is kissing up to Trump by banning it in Germany? C'mon, stop taking the cheap shots, you are better than that.
No. I'm saying that we're doing a lousy job of handling our energy needs, and we can't even have a discussion about it because about 1/3 of our nation thinks that science is wrong, and Trump is right.

Add in the far left, who swears nuclear power is a conspiracy to enrich the 1%, while at the same time thinks pipelines are bad, until oil in a ship runs aground, and you have a real problem logically working through meeting our energy needs.

Sensing a trend in my writings yet? The far left and the far right are a bunch of wankers who, together, make up the bulk of voters, and are the reason that our nation has been a mess for two decades now.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Been there, done that

Reading is fundamental

Reading is fundamental

Yes. "almost seems like" based on what? Did I missed the articles that show how we have successfully installed a democracy in the Middle East. Point it out and I will be happy to read it....

Saudi Arabia will change because Jared wants them to.
Like Iran changed, because Valerie Jarrett wanted them to.

Which is the stronger horse ? The Arabian or the Persian. We can't ride both.
a fan

Post by a fan »

We have our own horse. How about we try riding that for while, and leave the Arabian and Perisan horses alone?
old salt

Post by old salt »

The world doesn't work like that. We have to pick a side. Can't have it both ways.

Iran is funding & supporting proxies in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon & Gaza. They're destabilizing the entire region.

The Global Economy is still dependent upon Persian Gulf oil, even if the US could be oil self-sufficient (at much higher prices).

If you want to be an isolationist, get on the Rand Paul bandwagon.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote:The world doesn't work like that.
After witnessing all the mistakes we've made in the last 30 years, you seriously still haven't considered another path?

Let's just keep doing the same thing?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Obama tried a different way. Withdrew. The result --

The Arab Spring, rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, regime change &/or failed states in Libya, Egypt, Syria, Yemen & the rise of ISIS & conquest of most of the best parts of Syria & Iraq to establish a Caliphate ? While giving Iran back their billions to finance their proxies throughout the region.

How'd that different way work out ? There are no good options, just less bad.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote:Obama tried a different way. Withdrew. The result --

The Arab Spring, rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, regime change &/or failed states in Libya, Egypt, Syria, Yemen & the rise of ISIS & conquest of most of the best parts of Syria & Iraq to establish a Caliphate ? While giving Iran back their billions to finance their proxies throughout the region.

How'd that different way work out ?
Are you asking how did that different way work out for Americans? Do you really not know the answer?

Secondly, you seriously think that all of the above happened because 20k US troops in a country nowhere near Libya, Egypt, or Yemen left? Total cause and effect? Syria, yeah, okay....but Yemen?

How far is Libya from Iraq, again? 1,000+ miles?

And obviously, this always ignores Bush's choice of eviscerating Saddam's regime, and replacing it with US marines. That's what undid the region. Surely you're ready to admit that now. The rest of the world has: hence everyone is leaving Assad in power...because they saw what the US did in Iraq, and they're having none of that.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The Saudis are caught on video using a body-double to cover up the murder of Khashoggi. Someone tell Trump, Pompeo and Jared the Saudis think they’re idiots and Turkey ain’t afraid to troll them.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

That sounded like something out of a 007 movie, but...

Body Double Wearing Khashoggi’s Clothes Apparently Part Of Hit Squad

But...umm...he caused his own death, in a fist fight...right, Don?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Waiting for Turkey to drop a Beach Week video.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

When the pimps in the crib ma...drop it like its hot, drop it like its haaaaaaht. ~ Snoop Dogg 8-)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"You don't bring a bone-saw to an accidental fist fight.

:shock: :shock:
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

When and where did Obama withdraw troops? Mercenaries count, b/c they get paid from the US welfare trough Educate us.

And AFAN, where are you getting the claim that Nuke power will enrich the oligarchy only? Isn't Bill Ayers energy company stock accountable to government price fixing? Educate us.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Does Fairfield county make ANY money from the killing machine industry? Last I checked, Lockheed-Martin was traded by that guy that likes his coffee black at the SUGAR BOWL.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote:
And AFAN, where are you getting the claim that Nuke power will enrich the oligarchy only?
My lefty friends. You don't think that I personally believe that, do you?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Anti-Obama right wingers conveniently forgot that their hero Bush initially took credit for the Arab spring:

https://thinkprogress.org/condi-rice-cr ... 7f10df014/

The demise of repressive governments in Tunisia, Egypt and elsewhere during this year’s “Arab spring,” she says, stemmed in part from Bush’s “freedom agenda,” which promoted democracy in the Middle East. “The change in the conversation about the Middle East, where people now routinely talk about democratization is something that I’m very grateful for and I think we had a role in that,” Rice says.

As is so often usual for so many of those geniuses, credit Bush for the good results, blame Obama for the bad ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
Does Fairfield county make ANY money from the killing machine industry? Last I checked, Lockheed-Martin was traded by that guy that likes his coffee black at the SUGAR BOWL.
Absolutely..... even Norwich and Hartford Counties!

Return to “POLITICS”