2020 FanLax Fantasy Lacrosse ONE Draft

2020 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2020 FanLax Fantasy Lacrosse ONE Draft

Post by admin »

FCA picking. Greenie can pass at 2:50 PM EST on Thursday. Steggs still catching up.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Stegs takes Cornell D.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Interesting question admin.

What are the chance of the following addition to the game:

Everyone will easily have drafted and done add drops by year end. In January fall ball is over, players are more obvious, transfers to know participating teams have happened and season ending injuries are often well known.

What are the chances of a single add/drop option for every player which can only be used between say jan 1st and jan 10th, you only get one and once it’s used it’s used but it’s gives people the chance to fill holes if one of their players suddenly has a transfer to say Utah it is suspended or injured long term.

Just an idea, I don’t mind if it’s not implemented but something that popped into my head as in soccer fantasy you get a wildcard to change your team in the new year.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Uklax wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:59 am Interesting question admin.

Everyone will easily have drafted and done add drops by year end. In January fall ball is over, players are more obvious, transfers to know participating teams have happened and season ending injuries are often well known.

What are the chances of a single add/drop option for every player which can only be used between say jan 1st and jan 10th, you only get one and once it’s used it’s used but it’s gives people the chance to fill holes if one of their players suddenly has a transfer to say Utah it is suspended or injured long term.

Just an idea, I don’t mind if it’s not implemented but something that popped into my head as in soccer fantasy you get a wildcard to change your team in the new year.
With the early draft, that is a great idea. How do you determine the order or is it a waiver system?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:55 am

With the early draft, that is a great idea. How do you determine the order or is it a waiver system?
There wouldn’t be an order, add/drops post draft doesn’t have an order currently so would just be first come first serve like that. You’d just state your drop and your add... if you had any of course, I’m not planning to use it
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Uklax wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:58 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:55 am

There wouldn’t be an order, add/drops post draft doesn’t have an order currently so would just be first come first serve like that. You’d just state your drop and your add... if you had any of course, I’m not planning to use it
Ok. It’s a good suggestion
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Historically, if a player tears his ACL or transfers or whatever, like the NCAA coaches are forced to, the Fantasy coaches just need to eat their loss.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:39 am Historically, if a player tears his ACL or transfers or whatever, like the NCAA coaches are forced to, the Fantasy coaches just need to eat their loss.
Yep that historically, but apart from last season drafts were nearer the time and this is the earliest draft we done. It was a suggestion for a change... I was aware of the current ruling
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I don’t care for the idea. This draft won’t be over until after fall ball is over. Right now it looks like another 20 days minimum. So there will be little of any actionable data available after that until we are into first scrimmages.

Seems unnecessary and redundant to me. It might benefit someone who has inside information bit that’s about all.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Open to the idea. Let's finish the Draft and then see how this plays out. My concern is that some stud from Michigan will transfer to UNC on January 2nd and then a Fantasy Team will be getting a 5-star player just because he said "Mine!" first.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FCA picking. Greenie can pass at 2:50 PM EST.

63 4.3 FCALax
64 4.4 GreenieLax
65 4.5 OCanada
66 4.6 UK Lax
67 4.7 PA Talk
68 4.8 Matnum PI
69 4.9 Maddog
70 4,10 GCCLax
71 4.11 ohmilax34
72 4.12 TartanLax1822
73 4.13 Redbirds Metro
74 4.14 Stegmakk
75 4.15 NJLaxx11
76 4.16 HipandKneeDoc
77 4.17 WeWantMore
78 4.18 CalLaxDad
79 4.19 EZE
80 4.20 Typical Lax Dad
81 5.1 Typical Lax Dad
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:17 am Open to the idea. Let's finish the Draft and then see how this plays out. My concern is that some stud from Michigan will transfer to UNC on January 2nd and then a Fantasy Team will be getting a 5-star player just because he said "Mine!" first.
To be fair that’s true about transfers in....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The point is that we want tons of recruits to select from and our selecting them, one at a time, in order. When the pot starts running low on meat with primarily potatoes and carrots to pick from, we want everyone to have this same situation. So, on January 3rd, when a big piece of meat suddenly drops into the pot, we want to avoid having a sort-of-draft where one Fantasy team grabs him just because they were looking at the wire at the right time.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

admin wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:12 am The point is that we want tons of recruits to select from and our selecting them, one at a time, in order. When the pot starts running low on meat with primarily potatoes and carrots to pick from, we want everyone to have this same situation. So, on January 3rd, when a big piece of meat suddenly drops into the pot, we want to avoid having a sort-of-draft where one Fantasy team grabs him just because they were looking at the wire at the right time.
I agree with admin.
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

UVa Defense
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

OCanada wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:42 pm BJ Burlace Y Fr. I expect him to start right away.

At St. Mary’s High School: Under Armour All-American... US Lacrosse All-American... PRLB Player of the Year... Washington Post Player of the Year... VSN Defensive Player of the Year... Baltimore Sun Co Player of the Year... Capital Gazette Co Player of the Year... Had 12 goals, 10 assists, 71 ground balls, 21 caused turnovers senior year as the team MVP... All-MIAA A Conference... 1st Team All-Area... 1st Team All-State... Team Captain... Team USA U19 Training Team Member... MILL MVP... Helped lead team to MIAA A Conference Championship game… Junior year:All-County... All-Area... All-State... All- Metro... All-MIAA A Conference... Under Armour Baltimore Highlight Team.

Grab fast

O'Canada - Now is your chance!!!!! :lol:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Normally I would take a D but as much as I like my attack I lose all four of them in June and don’t think my team is strong enough

So time to find a third attack: Payton Cormier A R Fr UVA

Thanks NC packing fo leave for Sicily
Last edited by OCanada on Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

OCanada wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:14 pm Normally I would take a D but as much as I like my attack I lose all four of them in June and don’t think my Tran is strong enough

So fine to find a third attack: Payton Cormier A Fr UVA

Did RedBirds drop Cormier? If so, I missed that big time!
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

OCanada wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:14 pm Normally I would take a D but as much as I like my attack I lose all four of them in June and don’t think my Tran is strong enough

So fine to find a third attack: Payton Cormier A R Fr UVA

Darn it! I was hoping folks had forgotten about him. I don't remember exactly when Redbirds dropped him, but he def did (either in drop/add or at the beginning of the season after he didn't play)
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Beginning of the draft. ACL so a bit risky but it is round 4

Return to “2020 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”