Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: IMPEACHMENT (yes, it began with Mueller)

Post by dislaxxic »

The only way WHAT happens??

He WILL be impeached. He MAY NOT be convicted by the Senate. He MAY get convicted by the Senate.

The Dems have SEVERAL viable, capable and competent candidates. Respectfully, you really need to get out of your MAGA bubble, YA.

Have you given any thought to what “viable candidates” the GOP has going forward? Think Nikki’s gonna ride in and save the party? You think MAGA Nation will buy into Nikki? She all ya got?

Maybe Mike Pence can pull it off. There’s a real prize for ya. Governor Gay Basher...he’s got a pocket full of dog whistles too...who may well get dragged down in the coming storm as well.

The GOP has been making this bed for YEARS. Good luck sleeping in it.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:17 pm A little humor: https://www.instagram.com/p/B22wS11nk-l ... ulq3u1uc6j :lol: :lol:
Jesus
I thought the same thing when I heard the D from Cali.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Looks like Romney and Sasse still have a little bit left in the tank:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... story.html

“Republicans ought not to be rushing to circle the wagons and say there’s no ‘there’ there when there’s obviously a lot that’s very troubling there,” Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) told reporters after reviewing the whistleblower’s complaint. “. . . Democrats ought not be using words like ‘impeach’ before they knew anything about the actual substance.”

“It remains troubling in the extreme. It’s deeply troubling,” Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) told reporters Wednesday when asked about the transcript."
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

THE DEFINITION OF “COLLUSION” AS IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDS: THE RISK TRUMP POSES TO ALL AMERICANS

"Trump’s continued efforts to pursue policies — foreign and domestic — that personally benefit him don’t just amount to breathtaking corruption. But they provide foreign countries more and more leverage to use against Trump to limit his policy options. Every time Trump does something scandalous with a foreign leader — and he does it all … the … time — it means those foreign leaders can hold that over Trump going forward and in so doing, limit his negotiating position. So not only do Americans lose out on having a President who makes decisions based on how they benefit the country rather than himself personally, but they also get a far weaker President in the bargain, someone who — if he ever decided to prioritize American interests over his own — would have already traded away his bargaining chips to do so.

Through his actions thus far as President, Trump has guaranteed he cannot pursue policies that would benefit average Americans, and he has done so not just with Russia and Ukraine, and not just because of his executive incompetence.

There is an impact that Trump’s “collusion” and corruption have on everyday Americans, whether they wear wimp hats or MAGA caps, an impact that Democrats have permitted Republicans to obscure. Trump’s actions effectively rob Americans of the powerful executive on foreign policy issues that our Constitution very imperfectly sought to ensure, without stripping the weakened Trump of the tools he can wield to punish those who call him on his weakness."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Impeachment removes Trump’s ability to pardon Manafort?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
calourie

Post by calourie »

Trump's self incriminating transcript of his call with Zelensky looks to me like it puts a lock on impeachment articles being brought against him by the house, the only question remaining being how the repubs handle the impeachment "trial " in the senate.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:09 pm People in this country have lost their minds.
.. and their ability to read. :lol: Nothing but spin and what aboutism coming out of the scum bag republicans, those in and out of office. There will be a number of republicans in both the house and the senate that will vote for impeachment. Scum bags racing to get on the right side of history.

Hey what about …. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:30 pm The only way WHAT happens??

He WILL be impeached. He MAY NOT be convicted by the Senate. He MAY get convicted by the Senate.

The Dems have SEVERAL viable, capable and competent candidates. Respectfully, you really need to get out of your MAGA bubble, YA.

Have you given any thought to what “viable candidates” the GOP has going forward? Think Nikki’s gonna ride in and save the party? You think MAGA Nation will buy into Nikki? She all ya got?

Maybe Mike Pence can pull it off. There’s a real prize for ya. Governor Gay Basher...he’s got a pocket full of dog whistles too...who may well get dragged down in the coming storm as well.

The GOP has been making this bed for YEARS. Good luck sleeping in it.

Pence is another POS. He has knowledge about most all of Trumps crimes since 2016. He has violated state and federal laws by not coming forward. Another republican scum bag. The party of law and order and public and private morality. :lol: :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:12 pm That’s about the only way this happens....R’s turn on him.

If the left only had a viable candidate, this would be a non issue. The left is pulling out all the stop in hopes the senate will follow in their lock step.
The Dems actually have a whole slew of "viable" candidates who can beat Trump, it's just that you and I aren't happy with the leading choices most likely to get the nod.

Unfortunately, we may need to suck it up for awhile and hope we can rebound to some sort of more centrist balance.
Dems have a number who can beat Trump. May not be your cup of tea, but in every way they are a massive improvement on Trump. They actually care about something besides themselves. They will bring back the rule of law, normal order.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Full disclosure: I am not a very political person, probably have voted only every three elections; I generally don't feel that the parties have been meaningfully different from each other, at least not until recently.

What I want to say will make some Dems here very unhappy. I believe that the current voice of the Democrat Party, as evidenced by Twitter and places like this board (where I have read but never posted), is toxic to America and the American spirit; if I feel this way, many more middle-of-the-road folks do as well. I note JHU72 thinks Dems are about the 'rule of law', implying that Republicans are not....interesting way to engage in a thoughtful debate.

To wit, there is almost nothing of any constructive note being sounded by any Dem of any national renown with perhaps the sole exceptions of Tulsi Gabbard, a Dem who seems to be nearly universally reviled by the Democrat Party and Dem Twitter (because she hates war, which used to be, ummm, commendable, but, uhhh, someone please explain that to me...lol).

The impeachment brouhaha is yet more political posturing with tons of deceptive editing and completely unhelpful to the man on the street (in fact, counter-productive to those of us who like a good economy).

So keep on Dem laxxers with the sweeping generalizations and overall craziness, but I do not think this will be a well-though out strategy come November 2020. hasta!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:26 am Full disclosure: I am not a very political person, probably have voted only every three elections; I generally don't feel that the parties have been meaningfully different from each other, at least not until recently.

What I want to say will make some Dems here very unhappy. I believe that the current voice of the Democrat Party, as evidenced by Twitter and places like this board (where I have read but never posted), is toxic to America and the American spirit; if I feel this way, many more middle-of-the-road folks do as well. I note JHU72 thinks Dems are about the 'rule of law', implying that Republicans are not....interesting way to engage in a thoughtful debate.

To wit, there is almost nothing of any constructive note being sounded by any Dem of any national renown with perhaps the sole exceptions of Tulsi Gabbard, a Dem who seems to be nearly universally reviled by the Democrat Party and Dem Twitter (because she hates war, which used to be, ummm, commendable, but, uhhh, someone please explain that to me...lol).

The impeachment brouhaha is yet more political posturing with tons of deceptive editing and completely unhelpful to the man on the street (in fact, counter-productive to those of us who like a good economy).

So keep on Dem laxxers with the sweeping generalizations and overall craziness, but I do not think this will be a well-though out strategy come November 2020. hasta!
Talk about generalizations and strawman-ism. Sounds to me like you are a closet republican. Sounds like you have been standing around not engaging in the issues of our time if you are to be believed. :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:39 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:26 am Full disclosure: I am not a very political person, probably have voted only every three elections; I generally don't feel that the parties have been meaningfully different from each other, at least not until recently.

Talk about generalizations - closet republican. :roll:

Your post is more evidence how toxic the Democrat voice in America has become; us them, good evil, etc... You skipped past the part where I said Tulsi Gabbard is a constructive voice. Tulsi, for those not in the know, is perhaps next to Bernie Sanders, the most progressive voice in the Dem Party. Some 'closet Republican' I.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:45 am

Your post is more evidence how toxic the Democrat voice in America has become; us them, good evil, etc... You skipped past the part where I said Tulsi Gabbard is a constructive voice. Tulsi, for those not in the know, is perhaps next to Bernie Sanders, the most progressive voice in the Dem Party. Some 'closet Republican' I.
Great, vote for Tulsi. I approve of her limited agenda. She will not get the candidacy, that should be obvious, should have been obvious from the day she declared. If she excites some people great, there is always 2024.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:45 am

Tulsi is as liberal as Bernie, but some view her as a R...that's a hard circle to square.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The regrettable conclusion (to square Tulsi, for example) is the Dem Party is now the party of Permanent War, a rueful post formerly occupied by the Cheney wing of the Republican Party. I can not accept for the life of me how this Party's voice has evolved.

Look, I'm no massive Trump fan, but at least he's stayed out of new wars (do you think for a second Hillary wouldn't be bombing the living hole out of Iran by now??!!) and as importantly he's done something regarding the American prison-industrial complex, as shameful a stain on American society as even slavery. Meanwhile, Dems now idolize prosecutors of dime-bags of weed such as Kamala Harris. It's astounding to a guy like me what has become of the Dem Party platform.

I don't see Tulsi winning, but her voice is a voice of sanity in a party which has gone off the rails...and I lay a ton of the nuttiness at Twitter, which I don't use, but certainly hear a ton of. The constancy of labeling every Republican one way or the other is insanity. I don't think Dems are the same as the Party, nor do I feel the same as Republicans to their Party. But the Dem Party voice imo is more stridently attacking.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"The impeachment brouhaha is yet more political posturing with tons of deceptive editing and completely unhelpful to the man on the street (in fact, counter-productive to those of us who like a good economy)."

I think impeachment the discussion over an impeachment inquiry and maybe, the authorization of articles of impeachment and proceedings in the Senate is completely unrelated to "a good economy." Comments like this are suggestive of a lack of overall discernment. Essentially, this is an opinion that stands for the proposition that if the economy is doing OK, then I just want to close my eyes and ears to any talk about fidelity to the Constitution and the traditional norms of governing.

"...tons of deceptive editing."

Umm, what? Most of us are, at this point, just working from two sources: the "transcript" of the President's conversation with the President of Ukraine, and our understandings of the manner in which statecraft is to be conducted in carrying out the public trust. That is to say, no editing at all.

Your post doesn't make me unhappy; it makes me think you should give a little more attention to civics, the structure and function of government, the oath of office, basic fiduciary principles, and the Constitution. Maybe back to fall ball along Charles Street.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 am "The impeachment brouhaha is yet more political posturing with tons of deceptive editing and completely unhelpful to the man on the street (in fact, counter-productive to those of us who like a good economy)."

I think impeachment the discussion over an impeachment inquiry and maybe, the authorization of articles of impeachment and proceedings in the Senate is completely unrelated to "a good economy." Comments like this are suggestive of a lack of overall discernment. Essentially, this is an opinion that stands for the proposition that if the economy is doing OK, then I just want to close my eyes and ears to any talk about fidelity to the Constitution and the traditional norms of governing.

"...tons of deceptive editing."

Umm, what? Most of us are, at this point, just working from two sources: the "transcript" of the President's conversation with the President of Ukraine, and our understandings of the manner in which statecraft is to be conducted in carrying out the public trust. That is to say, no editing at all.

Your post doesn't make me unhappy; it makes me think you should give a little more attention to civics, the structure and function of government, the oath of office, basic fiduciary principles, and the Constitution. Maybe back to fall ball along Charles Street.

I am afraid seaoaster you are the one who is in need of revisiting the transcript. I posted the actual transcript, maybe read it.

This is the same nonsense as the old/new NYT Kavanaugh revelations (proven false the day they are released) and the Russia-gate conspiracy where we are assured Trump will be indicted. Not everything is Watergate. Maybe be more cynical with your approach to stories which confirm your bias?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

On another thread...my apologies, I'm killing time at an airport in upstate NY. here:

If you are reporting on the "favor" line from the transcript, without mentioning that the VERY next sentence is about wanting an investigation into meddling in the 2016 election...

...you are being misleading.

It's right here. Come on people, be honest.

I would like you to do us a favor, though, because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… the server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on the whole situation. I think you’re surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you and your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you said yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 am The regrettable conclusion (to square Tulsi, for example) is the Dem Party is now the party of Permanent War, a rueful post formerly occupied by the Cheney wing of the Republican Party. I can not accept for the life of me how this Party's voice has evolved.

Look, I'm no massive Trump fan, but at least he's stayed out of new wars (do you think for a second Hillary wouldn't be bombing the living hole out of Iran by now??!!) and as importantly he's done something regarding the American prison-industrial complex, as shameful a stain on American society as even slavery. Meanwhile, Dems now idolize prosecutors of dime-bags of weed such as Kamala Harris. It's astounding to a guy like me what has become of the Dem Party platform.

I don't see Tulsi winning, but her voice is a voice of sanity in a party which has gone off the rails...and I lay a ton of the nuttiness at Twitter, which I don't use, but certainly hear a ton of. The constancy of labeling every Republican one way or the other is insanity. I don't think Dems are the same as the Party, nor do I feel the same as Republicans to their Party. But the Dem Party voice imo is more stridently attacking.
The Dem's are the party of war?? Good one.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:32 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 am The regrettable conclusion (to square Tulsi, for example) is the Dem Party is now the party of Permanent War, a rueful post formerly occupied by the Cheney wing of the Republican Party. I can not accept for the life of me how this Party's voice has evolved.

The Dem's are the party of war?? Good one.

It hasn't dawned on you that MSNBC, which I dunno but seems to me to be the most amplified DNC voice available, is the home of every war-booster in America now (with the sole exception of the odious Cheney family), all of whom simultaneously beseech you for a vote for the Democrat Party?

read this excellent article: https://theintercept.com/2019/01/11/as- ... publicans/

Return to “POLITICS”