ODAC 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

ODAC 2020

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Who takes the title in 2020? W&L, Lynchburg, HSC will contend. Not sure what to make of Roanoke last season and their chances in 2020.
ctbagataway

Re: ODAC 2020

Post by ctbagataway »

Hard to ever count Roanoke out, but last year's team seemed in complete disarray. And they lose some key seniors (Davies, Lindley, Devane).

Any word on what Randy Mac has coming back? Nice season last year. And Bridgewater seemed to show improvement as well.
Dehuntshigwa’es

About 50% of Roanoke’s points graduated. Sarro is coming off a significant injury and an outstanding goalie graduated leaving behind two goalies at 50%. Unless there is some real talent in the junior classes I think Noke struggles. Didn’t bother to look up the last time they had 8 losses in a season but I’m sure it’s a least a decade or more
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Lynchburg will battle W&L again.

Lynchburg midfield will be very tough to defend returning all but 1. Attack loses Lombardo who was a scorer but personally thought he was slow and a drag not being a feeder who could carry ball or turn corner. Robinson and Lewis return and I’ve heard Thomas will return as a red shirt 5th year. Offense will be better.
Lost Meadows at low pole and goalie but junior goalie will be ready and replacing the pole will not be difficult.
Lost 1 LSM and 1 SSDM. Both outstanding players. 2nd LSM and 2 starting SSDM return, all soph.. thus may be the tender spot?
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:39 am Lynchburg will battle W&L again.

Lynchburg midfield will be very tough to defend returning all but 1. Attack loses Lombardo who was a scorer but personally thought he was slow and a drag not being a feeder who could carry ball or turn corner. Robinson and Lewis return and I’ve heard Thomas will return as a red shirt 5th year. Offense will be better.
Lost Meadows at low pole and goalie but junior goalie will be ready and replacing the pole will not be difficult.
Lost 1 LSM and 1 SSDM. Both outstanding players. 2nd LSM and 2 starting SSDM return, all soph.. thus may be the tender spot?
Meadows should return the HM AA award, kid was fantastic . Easily a second team AA at least. He will be tough to replace. W&L lost AJ on offense but return everyone else on the attack and ALL the mids return.... Mulholland was out for the York game in the NCAA’s and was a significant loss. He will be back and the freshman class from last year was loaded . They’ll get their shot to shine in 2020. Oh, and make it take Hodgson returns as well. I have a feeling the W&L / Lynchburg match up in 2020 will be another nail biter. I wonder if Coach Corrigan will return for W&L. He was a significant force, I just wonder if he’ll get a call from Harvard
Dehuntshigwa’es

W&L recruits 2020, any others out there?
Pos Class Score
Hudson Pokorny A 2019 --
Will Schnorr A 2019 84
Michael Jameison D 2019 --
Warren Seeds G 2019 --
John Mills LSM 2019 67
Adam Lamberti M 2019 --
Jed Heald D 2020 --
Sam Mannino A 2020 --
Brian Bonnist A 2020 84
Nick Lipsher M 2020 --
Deuce Smoot D 2020 83

Gotta give some love to Deuce Smoot, quite a moniker

lipsher. https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/nick_lipsher
Bonnist https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4smLuVlC3RY
Manning https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UoCuDz002vY
Heald https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/jed_heald
Lamberti https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=40w0w1NiNQo
Mills https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r25O7BLdWJo
Jameison https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IRZet1RL53c
Schnorr https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7rEAsfp9nQ
Pokorny https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pWvC-gM4Y0
Holliday https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ih0SZdk5KiQ
Smoot https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zNdXcRc2NQ0
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Danny Kung, M, Episcopal School of Dallas, 2019
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

FYSA- You're gonna like Lamberti.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
minkhoo

Post by minkhoo »

George Brinn, A, Chagrin Falls, OH 2019
Dehuntshigwa’es

Holliday from St Albans looks like he’s a plug n play guy. W&L is deep at midfield but maybe he could be the Mize or Mullholland of his class . Heald looks athletic on the defensive end. W&L graduated some talent on that side of the field last year.Lipsher is interesting following a Nescac tradition, graduating Dalton, then PG’d a year at Choate. That extra year sure doesn’t hurt
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This may be more a function of Hobarts prior coach TE johnson who was at limestone in NC for a while but I was thinking recently that we’ve had a number of good payers transfer into the ODAC this decade. Off the top of my head it includes

Eric Lombardo
Casey Grieves
Stu Greenspon

Not sure what happened but we had a Culver kid rabishwa also who came to the midatlantic and perhaps Luke miller a defender from gonzaga. Can’t recall but anaother canadian from culver named Bud grahm I believe came to this conference.

Wonder if it was TW specific or some cultural element that Hobart and some ODAC schools share. I live in Atlanta now after spending my 20s in DC and NYC and would live in most of the Shenandoah Valley myself no question,thinking the natural bridge area would be ideal. Will be inheriting a timeshare (I’m in finance I know horrid investments) at Massanutten from my mother eventually.

Good luck on the season.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:41 am This may be more a function of Hobarts prior coach TE johnson who was at limestone in NC for a while but I was thinking recently that we’ve had a number of good payers transfer into the ODAC this decade. Off the top of my head it includes

Eric Lombardo
Casey Grieves
Stu Greenspon

Not sure what happened but we had a Culver kid rabishwa also who came to the midatlantic and perhaps Luke miller a defender from gonzaga. Can’t recall but anaother canadian from culver named Bud grahm I believe came to this conference.

Wonder if it was TW specific or some cultural element that Hobart and some ODAC schools share. I live in Atlanta now after spending my 20s in DC and NYC and would live in most of the Shenandoah Valley myself no question,thinking the natural bridge area would be ideal. Will be inheriting a timeshare (I’m in finance I know horrid investments) at Massanutten from my mother eventually.

Good luck on the season.
Kent Henry, Mitch Renfrow, Nick Arcuri, Triston Stegall, and Thomas Passenant were good transfers to H-SC in my time there. Four of the five were All-ODAC, Nick Arcuri on the 2017 ODAC All-Tournament team filling in for a then-struggling Renfrow.
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:41 am This may be more a function of Hobarts prior coach TE johnson who was at limestone in NC for a while but I was thinking recently that we’ve had a number of good payers transfer into the ODAC this decade. Off the top of my head it includes

Eric Lombardo
Casey Grieves
Stu Greenspon

Good luck on the season.
Grieves went to WAC - not an ODAC school. Believe his father played there.

I am somewhat familiar with both schools, and sort of feel that Hobart lacrosse is what W&L lacrosse would have/could have been if W&L had not dropped down to Div. III.
Dehuntshigwa’es

BTW anybody catch the PLL? There are only 6 teams and 1/3 of the coaches are from a specific team from the ODAC ......Stagnitta and St. Laurent not bad
Dehuntshigwa’es

Ryan Rohde, new assistant coach at W&L, Salisbury grad . Never thought getting someone comparable to Corrigan would be feasible, Koch is a D guy at heart and does a great job there ....Who’s running the offense in 2020, Ryan Rohde
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
droliver

Post by droliver »

Yikes, that Lynchburg pre conference schedule is insane: Salisbury, F&M, Cabrini, and York to open the season, plus games with Stevenson and CNU
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

droliver wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:24 am Yikes, that Lynchburg pre conference schedule is insane: Salisbury, F&M, Cabrini, and York to open the season, plus games with Stevenson and CNU
And St. Lawrence. They were ranked for a good bit of the year.
Dehuntshigwa’es

At first glance I thought it was a monster schedule, but that’s based on last year...Salisbury and York I’d be ready to put in top 10 in ink. Cabrini loses a lot, not top 10 neither is F&M. Coach K is recruiting well and has Lynchburg rolling. Lynchburg has become the team nobody wants to face at year end despite two 1 goal losses to W&L, those games could easily gone either way. Bugs do a great job on AJ with 0 pts first time since freshman year when he was held in check in 3 games
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

The kids are back at school and fall ball starts soon.
Lots of good looking film of recruits over at W&L.Not LYN style to discuss but there is definitely new talent on Campus.
Schedule always tough. Still disappointed Ferrum takes a tougher OOC game away. The bugs always open with Salisbury and play York, Cabrini, Stevenson & F&M. With alum Child’s at the York helm LYN is an annual definite, probably W&L too knowing they are a class act who play the game right.. The mustang classic is such a treat. Well run, top teams and the back to back games ready them for ODAC’s.
Here’s to a great year, and those 1 goal games going to LYN🤪

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”