2019 Virginia Public GLAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: VA Class 6 State Quarterfinal match-ups

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:16 pm
I will change my name for a minute from Dr Tact to Captain Obvious....Woodson/Langley final....
Well, Ill be eating some crow here....Good on ya Warhawks :D
VALaxer

Re: VA Class 6 State Quarterfinals results

Post by VALaxer »

VALaxer wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:36 pm

UDPATE: WestPo 22 - Cosby (H) 12. Final.

WestPo at Langley on Tuesday in 1 semi.
Congrats to Yorktown, who rounds out the final 4 with their win this afternoon.

Yorktown 12 - Colonial Forge (H) 6

Yorktown at Madison on Tuesday in the other semi
helmetssoon

Re: 2019 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by helmetssoon »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:00 pm I would not be too quick to assume this. I know a 5A coach that may want a chance at them. Look at the boys side where 5A and 4A are far stronger this year at the top. The 5A youth programs are also feeding talented teams.
Be careful what you wish for. Langley is two steps ahead of everyone else in 6A. So unless there are 4A teams steamrolling the Oakton, Robinson, WestPo, Yorktown type teams, they are in for a rough ride every time they make the trip down Georgetown Pike in the coming years.
D3Fan

Post by D3Fan »

Langley has beaten Madison and Yorktown(2x) in regular season, also beat WestPo soundly in last years state tournament.
Madison beat Yorktown 2x in regular season, looks like a Langley v Madison final. I'm a WestPo parent with finger crossed, team is down a crucial sophomore attacker, I'm sure the other teams are dinged up some as well. Hope our goalie stands on her head! Good luck to all teams
VALaxer

VA Class 6 State Semi-finals...

Post by VALaxer »

Madison (H) 16 - Yorktown 12 - I hear Yorktown made a comeback in the 2nd half to make it close, but ultimately fell short.

Langley (H) 18 - West Potomac 8 - I hear Langley was pushing the 10 goal margin a good part of the 2nd half.

Congrats to all 4 teams for great seasons and to Langley and Madison who will meet in Saturday's state championship game. Will the 3rd time be the charm for the Warhawks or will the Laxin' Saxons take the Class 6 trophy with them as they make the move to Class 5 :?:
VirginiaTerp

Re: VA Class 6 State Semi-finals...

Post by VirginiaTerp »

VALaxer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:09 pm Madison (H) 16 - Yorktown 12 - I hear Yorktown made a comeback in the 2nd half to make it close, but ultimately fell short.

Langley (H) 18 - West Potomac 8 - I hear Langley was pushing the 10 goal margin a good part of the 2nd half.

Congrats to all 4 teams for great seasons and to Langley and Madison who will meet in Saturday's state championship game. Will the 3rd time be the charm for the Warhawks or will the Laxin' Saxons take the Class 6 trophy with them as they make the move to Class 5 :?:
I believe this will be Langley’s fourth state title appearance in the last seven years (2012 2013 2018 2019) and will be looking for their first trophy.

Madison won titles in 2011 and 2013 in their two previous appearances.
VirginiaTerp

Post by VirginiaTerp »

helmetssoon wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:22 am
OSVAlacrosse wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:00 pm I would not be too quick to assume this. I know a 5A coach that may want a chance at them. Look at the boys side where 5A and 4A are far stronger this year at the top. The 5A youth programs are also feeding talented teams.
Be careful what you wish for. Langley is two steps ahead of everyone else in 6A. So unless there are 4A teams steamrolling the Oakton, Robinson, WestPo, Yorktown type teams, they are in for a rough ride every time they make the trip down Georgetown Pike in the coming years.
Rumor from a reliable source says Langley has petitioned to stay in Class 6. I am not sure of the outcome though. I guess we’ll see when the Fall Sports schedules come out in August.
8Meter

Post by 8Meter »

[quote=helmetssoon

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't quite understand your comment about Langley being 'two steps ahead of everyone else in 6A.' This may be the year they take home the 'ship but who knows? Being the bridesmaid several years doesn't equate to your eval of their program. Langley's a very good team and I'll give you the fact their team website is two steps ahead of everyone in 6A. It's very nice. Good luck to the Laxons. I'm pulling for the Warhawks but would just like to see a well fought & injury-free game regardless of the outcome.
helmetssoon

Post by helmetssoon »

8Meter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:59 am
I don't quite understand your comment about Langley being 'two steps ahead of everyone else in 6A.' This may be the year they take home the 'ship but who knows? Being the bridesmaid several years doesn't equate to your eval of their program. Langley's a very good team and I'll give you the fact their team website is two steps ahead of everyone in 6A. It's very nice. Good luck to the Laxons. I'm pulling for the Warhawks but would just like to see a well fought & injury-free game regardless of the outcome.
Langley is undefeated in VA 6A play this year.
Through five District, Regional and State playoff games in 2019 they are averaging a 10 goal margin of victory.
They face in the state final a Warhawk team they beat by 8 goals just a week ago.

If that's not two steps ahead, I'm not sure what is.

I take no joy in pointing out the dominance of Langley this season. Quite painful, actually. Would love to see Madison hand them a loss, but based on the data it would be a major upset.
helmetssoon

Post by helmetssoon »

VirginiaTerp wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:37 pm
helmetssoon wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:22 am
Rumor from a reliable source says Langley has petitioned to stay in Class 6. I am not sure of the outcome though. I guess we’ll see when the Fall Sports schedules come out in August.
This is true. VHSL docs confirm Langley will remain in 6A. $ talks.
Laxerella

Post by Laxerella »

My bet is that with the upcoming redistricting of Langley (under capacity while McLean is over capacity, so the county is looking at a number of measures to move some McLean neighborhoods into the Langley district), it is illogical to move the school down to 5A when they will probably be back up to 6A in a year or two. School student population is 1989, so it's not like they are they are very far from 6A population requirements. I doubt that $ has anything to do with it.
FSUFan

Post by FSUFan »

Would anyone like to post a top 10 ranking for 6A before the State Final?
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

FSUFan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:51 am Would anyone like to post a top 10 ranking for 6A before the State Final?
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Feel free to start
B D C

Post by B D C »

Aren’t the 1 and 2 spots the only ones left to determine?
FSUFan

Post by FSUFan »

helmetssoon

Post by helmetssoon »

FSUFan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:49 am Here you go, Captain Obvious....

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... +6A/155/19
That's a good start. Those are probably the top ten, in some sort of order. Items that jump out at me are:

- Madison should be #2. Beat WTW last week.
- Yorktown. 2-8 versus the top 10. Losses to 3 teams ranked lower than them (Oakton, W&L, Herndon). Maybe computer given them lots of credit for very fortunate seeding in Region/States?
- Robinson, same deal. 1-5 vs top 10. Record includes three losses to teams with lower rankings. Math seems odd on this one.
- Herndon. 3-3 vs. top 10 only losses on season coming to #1 Langley (2x) and #2 Madison.
- Oakton is a wildcard. 2-4 vs. top 10. No losses to lower ranked teams, H2H loss vs. Robinson hard to rank them ahead of Rams, but is that outweighed by signature win vs. Madison?
- West Springfield 3-5 vs top 10. Beats Robinson 2X. Has to be ranked ahead or Rams. WTW accounts for 3 losses. Loss to .500 South County hurts.
- WestPo, 1-5vs. top 10
- W&L - 1-6 vs top 10.

So Top 3 are easy. Langley, Madison, WTW

Next five get cloudy here's my cut.
Herndon
West Springfield
Oakton
Robinson
Yorktown

WestPo and W&L seems appropriately positioned.

Honestly I think you could put the middle 5 in any order and be both right and wrong.
Ladylike

Post by Ladylike »

FSUFan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:49 am Here you go, Captain Obvious....

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... +6A/155/19
That list isn’t based on the actual results of this season...IMO if you aren’t still playing, you are not a 1st or 2nd place team... the list included in the above link is based on power points, strength of schedule and past season’s performances. The current state tournament in progress gives you the actual teams who should be listed and in what order for the top 8 positions. That list looks a lot like many written in February and prior... and is not representing what actually took place.
Dr. Tact

Langley 2019 Champs

Post by Dr. Tact »

Congrats to the Laxons! Good job Bucky!
8Meter

Post by 8Meter »

Didn't see the game but heard from a Warhawk parent that Chung and Bean were hard to stop & ran the field. Also, whenever Madison showed a spark that Langley answered with a quick goal (or two or 3). Congratulations to Langley on your championship & a great season! No real reason, but I was kind of hoping to see Madison win both of the 6A finals.
Sweetcaroline

Post by Sweetcaroline »

8Meter wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:40 pm Didn't see the game but heard from a Warhawk parent that Chung and Bean were hard to stop & ran the field. Also, whenever Madison showed a spark that Langley answered with a quick goal (or two or 3). Congratulations to Langley on your championship & a great season! No real reason, but I was kind of hoping to see Madison win both of the 6A finals.
Ugh! 🙄

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”