RIT
74%
Tufts
26%

Total votes: 65

Laxattackjack

Re: RIT vs Tufts

Post by Laxattackjack »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:37 am Everyone wrote off W&L against Salisbury so you never know. I would not be surprised if they did something different against RIT. These teams are fairly evenly matched in my opinion. Those are the top three scoring offense. Not sure why people are putting RIT in a pedestal here. I know they are a great team but so is Tufts.

1 Salisbury 19.09
2 Tufts 20 18.75
3 RIT 23 18.39
RIT has won 3 of the last 4 meetings.
RIT handled Tufts earlier this season
RIT has been battle tested this post season, every game tufts played this post season was from an upset. prior to the post season, Tufts lost in the first round to the #8 seed.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Laxattackjack wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:03 am
The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:37 am Everyone wrote off W&L against Salisbury so you never know. I would not be surprised if they did something different against RIT. These teams are fairly evenly matched in my opinion. Those are the top three scoring offense. Not sure why people are putting RIT in a pedestal here. I know they are a great team but so is Tufts.

1 Salisbury 19.09
2 Tufts 20 18.75
3 RIT 23 18.39
RIT has been battle tested this post season, every game tufts played this post season was from an upset. prior to the post season, Tufts lost in the first round to the #8 seed.
Can't dispute points 1 and 3. But handled? IDK man. Jumbos outshot and out GB'd RIT in that game. They tied RIT in the 3rd and 4th quarters. A match-up from March is pretty much moot at this point anyway. They have both evolved. I've seen a dozen teams that got, by your standard, "handled" in the regular season, only to watch the opposite happen the second meeting in the tournament. Tough to beat a great team twice.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

i said handled. i didn’t say blew out. RIT doubled up tufts the first two quarters. had a comfortable lead at half. and didn’t get outscored in any quarter. that is the definition of handling a team. it’s not like this was a back and forth game.
once we got past the first 2 1/2 mins of the game, RIT never lost the lead.
i am sure you can find something in ever game where the losing team did better on some stat.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I wouldn't consider a five goal lead at half comfortable against Tufts OR RIT. That's striking distance for both IMO. I'm not taking anything away from RIT, I think they are absolutely outstanding, savage in transition, skilled up the middle, just a quality program all around. I just personally, as a program outsider to both, don't see a lot of white space between the baby blue and orange.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:26 am I wouldn't consider a five goal lead at half comfortable against Tufts OR RIT. That's striking distance for both IMO. I'm not taking anything away from RIT, I think they are absolutely outstanding, savage in transition, skilled up the middle, just a quality program all around. I just personally, as a program outsider to both, don't see a lot of white space between the baby blue and orange.
a 5 goal lead at half was a comfortable lead. RIT maintained the lead the remainder of the game, never getting closer than 3 goals.

clearly, 3 goals in this example would have been a comfortable lead, because Tufts was never able to make it smaller.
Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

its ny vs, new eng1and, ny a1ways wins, tufts fans dumb
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:41 am

1 Salisbury 19.09
2 Tufts 20 18.75
3 RIT 23 18.39
Can't dispute points 1 and 3. But handled? IDK man. Jumbos outshot and out GB'd RIT in that game. They tied RIT in the 3rd and 4th quarters. A match-up from March is pretty much moot at this point anyway. They have both evolved. I've seen a dozen teams that got, by your standard, "handled" in the regular season, only to watch the opposite happen the second meeting in the tournament. Tough to beat a great team twice.
RIT has won 3 of the last 4 meetings. - So the NC is not a mutually exclusive event so RIT should win because they won 3 of the last 4 matchups.
RIT handled Tufts earlier this season - So a March game will dictate the outcome of this game. Forgot that Cabrini got handled by Salisbury 13-5 and then beat them in the Semi-final 16-13 on there way to NC
RIT has been battle tested this post season, every game tufts played this post season was from an upset. prior to the post season - W&L is not battle tested. They beat the #1 team in the land the day before and were ranked higher then Babson and Bowdoin.
Tufts lost in the first round to the #8 seed - Wes lost to Coast Guard an, Unranked Team, got beat by Tufts twice in the regular season and NESCAC championship and then beat Tufts in the NCAA and they won the NC. This dispute this point as well as point 2.

Clearly I have disputed an argument that is based upon meaningless facts.
Last edited by The12lov3 on Wed May 22, 2024 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Massey forecasts a 16-15 Tufts victory with a 58% probability of winning.
https://masseyratings.com/clax/ncaa-d3/games

RIT has played its last 9 games at home and 11 of its last 12. Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like that. Will hitting the road for the first time in more than 30 days have any impact?
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Can Opener wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:54 am Massey forecasts a 16-15 Tufts victory with a 58% probability of winning.
https://masseyratings.com/clax/ncaa-d3/games

RIT has played its last 9 games at home and 11 of its last 12. Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like that. Will hitting the road for the first time in more than 30 days have any impact?
will tufts having to play on the road the past few weeks have a bigger impact? that can really wear a team down.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:51 am
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:41 am

1 Salisbury 19.09
2 Tufts 20 18.75
3 RIT 23 18.39
RIT has won 3 of the last 4 meetings. - So the NC is not a mutually exclusive event so RIT should win because they won 3 of the last 4 matchups.
RIT handled Tufts earlier this season - So a March game will dictate the outcome of this game. Forgot that Cabrini got handled by Salisbury 13-5 and then beat them in the Semi-final 16-13 on there way to NC
RIT has been battle tested this post season, every game tufts played this post season was from an upset. prior to the post season - W&L is not battle tested. They beat the #1 team in the land the day before and were ranked higher then Babson and Bowdoin.
Tufts lost in the first round to the #8 seed - Wes lost to Coast Guard an, Unranked Team, got beat by Tufts twice in the regular season and NESCAC championship and then beat Tufts in the NCAA and they won the NC. This dispute this point as well as point 2.

but you are basically arguing past results are meaningless. if that is your argument, what makes you think Tufts has a better chance to win then RIT? it is just one team playing against another.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

[/quote]

but you are basically arguing past results are meaningless. if that is your argument, what makes you think Tufts has a better chance to win then RIT? it is just one team playing against another.
[/quote]

I don't - I think either one can win this. I have been saying that they are fairly evenly matched and the team that comes up with a better game plan and executes will win. That is the simplistic view but my point is that these are/have been two of the best teams in division 3 lax for the last 10 years. Each game either team has a 50 - 50 shot at winning. It is unfair to say that RIT is dominate over Tufts. Do they do some things better than Tufts - Hell Yeah but Tufts also does things better. I just want to see a fun game. No matter who win. Do I want Tufts to win, sure do but if RIT won, I would happy for those guys and their fans because they earned it. Just like Tufts earned it if they won even though they played a bunch of under-dogs which is out of their control.
5Star

Post by 5Star »

If only these two were going to play a game to settle this once and for all.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:30 am Clearly I have disputed an argument that is based upon meaningless facts.
[/quote]

I don't - I think either one can win this. I have been saying that they are fairly evenly matched and the team that comes up with a better game plan and executes will win. That is the simplistic view but my point is that these are/have been two of the best teams in division 3 lax for the last 10 years. Each game either team has a 50 - 50 shot at winning. It is unfair to say that RIT is dominate over Tufts. Do they do some things better than Tufts - Hell Yeah but Tufts also does things better. I just want to see a fun game. No matter who win. Do I want Tufts to win, sure do but if RIT won, I would happy for those guys and their fans because they earned it. Just like Tufts earned it if they won even though they played a bunch of under-dogs which is out of their control.
[/quote]

this is where we will disagree. RIT in my opinion has better coaching and better players. i say this because they have won it all. Twice. this is where past results come into play. several coaches and players on RIT have won a national championship. they know how to win. we can’t say that about any coaches or players on Tufts.
we saw this last season. Salisbury had coaches that knew how to win the championship and they out coached Tufts to win the game. yes. Tufts can win. and yes, it can be close. but from a neutral perspective, RIT has a lot going in its favor. and that matters.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

[/quote]

this is where we will disagree. RIT in my opinion has better coaching and better players. i say this because they have won it all. Twice. this is where past results come into play. several coaches and players on RIT have won a national championship. they know how to win. we can’t say that about any coaches or players on Tufts.
we saw this last season. Salisbury had coaches that knew how to win the championship and they out coached Tufts to win the game. yes. Tufts can win. and yes, it can be close. but from a neutral perspective, RIT has a lot going in its favor. and that matters.
[/quote]

You contradict your own argument. When Jake Coon won it 2019, it was his 12th year coaching at RIT (11th if you include Covid). They beat a Salisbury team that knew how to win and a coach at that point had won 12 NC. Another fact was that Coon had lost 2NC games at that point. Salisbury was also powerhouse and RIT beat them by 1 goal. Past results do not matter as demonstrated by RIT win over Salisbury that year. Same situation. You keep bringing opinions that can be disputed by objective data.
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

Let's all just hope this year's live stream on the NCAA website is better than last year's stream, which seemed to cut out every time there was a goal or big play.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
Dlaxva5

Post by Dlaxva5 »

These games come down to secondary scoring, a couple of key, timely saves, and some halftime adjustments.

CNU Fan take - CNU will win because RIT can't handle Cook.

CNU top scorers - 12 goals (Cook 5)
RIT top scorers - 8 (Gaston 0)
Secondary scoring - 11-3 RIT

AND

RIT coaches changed goalies at halftime, outscoring CNU 11-5. CNU fans had been asking for the freshman goalie since mid-season.

Tufts fan take - Tufts will win because RIT can't handle Regnery (74 goals) (even though Gaston has 73).....
Last edited by Dlaxva5 on Wed May 22, 2024 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Fair analysis. An honest add on though has to be that Tufts has a much better chance vs RIT than CNU did because Tufts is much better than CNU, evidenced both H2H and CNU’s poor record vs stronger teams this year.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

pcowlax wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:07 pm Fair analysis. An honest add on though has to be that Tufts has a much better chance vs RIT than CNU did because Tufts is much better than CNU, evidenced both H2H and CNU’s poor record vs stronger teams this year.
Based on what I saw from CNU back in March vs Tufts, they were a hell of a lot better.

Going to be fun Sunday for sure.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

The12lov3 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:53 am
pcowlax wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:07 pm Fair analysis. An honest add on though has to be that Tufts has a much better chance vs RIT than CNU did because Tufts is much better than CNU, evidenced both H2H and CNU’s poor record vs stronger teams this year.
Based on what I saw from CNU back in March vs Tufts, they were a hell of a lot better.

Going to be fun Sunday for sure.
I agree that Tufts has a better chance of knocking off RIT, but it’s not because they beat CNU by a lot head to head over 2 months ago. This will be a high scoring game I think RIT pulls it out 16-15.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

I think RIT will have a tough time with their soft spots at the faceoff X and in goal. If Tufts stays out of their own heads this will be a 18-15 win

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”