Notre Dame
73%
Denver
27%

Total votes: 44

Wheels

Re: SF #1 Notre Dame vs #5 Denver Saturday @ noon

Post by Wheels »

Hoxwurth wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:19 am Hard to see Denver keeping this game within three goals. ND will ride Denver into the ground, especially if the refs let the Irish push and slash for four quarters.

ND will get to rest their guys. If Maryland wins, expect a never-ending string of complaints on X about the late game disadvantage once again. :lol:
Maryland fan here. If the Terps somehow win on Saturday, beating ND on Monday wouldn't be "Miracle on Ice" territory but would definitely be UNC in 2016 territory.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Wheels wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:04 pm
Hoxwurth wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:19 am Hard to see Denver keeping this game within three goals. ND will ride Denver into the ground, especially if the refs let the Irish push and slash for four quarters.

ND will get to rest their guys. If Maryland wins, expect a never-ending string of complaints on X about the late game disadvantage once again. :lol:
Maryland fan here. If the Terps somehow win on Saturday, beating ND on Monday wouldn't be "Miracle on Ice" territory but would definitely be UNC in 2016 territory.
So who is “ 16’ version Pontrello” in this ND attack? And Entenmann is the 24’ version. of Balkam UNC goalie? Really ? MD just played a goalie that finished 36% (6 saves) in a Quarterfinal game. Danowski should have never stuck w the Freshmen. The spot was too big for him and couldn’t stop a beach ball.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

It wouldn't shock me that much anymore seeing how Maryland performed in succession recently. Hopkins has shown a better goalie performance and strong defense can be enough vs a more talented offensive team. If entemann has another off day like he did against Georgetown and McNaney is above 55%, watch out.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

As a fan of the sport it would be quite a story to see Maryland win it all after so many wrote them off earlier in the year with their offensive woes. Any other year I'd probably be rooting for them for that reason. Might still root for them on Saturday even though I probably think ND has a better shot against UVA (which a year ago I'd call myself for crazy for saying that).
Finster

Post by Finster »

In the bizarre world of matching up teams in college sports, I believe 2024 Maryland is the perfect team to beat Notre Dame, 2024 UVA is a solid (not perfect, but solid) team to beat Maryland, and 2024 Notre Dame is the perfect team to beat UVA.

Don’t quiz me about Denver.
molo

Post by molo »

Since Denver uses a subscription service, I had not seen them except for the Hopkins game. I had the down as a good Big East team that was a notch below the top ACC and Big 10 teams. Watching them take down the Cuse in person changed my perspective. They have a superior FOGO, an excellent goalie, and a nice physical presence at defense and midfield. Their o is a tad conservative for my taste, but it works. The spread of five seems high to me. I won’t have a lot of support away from the Rockies, but I like the Pios’ chances of an upset. It would be quite a story to see a coach take his team to the NC game in his first year at the helm.
If ND wins, more power to them, I’m not a fan but they are in the ACC.
cc2519

Post by cc2519 »

molo wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:21 pm Since Denver uses a subscription service, I had not seen them except for the Hopkins game. I had the down as a good Big East team that was a notch below the top ACC and Big 10 teams. Watching them take down the Cuse in person changed my perspective. They have a superior FOGO, an excellent goalie, and a nice physical presence at defense and midfield. Their o is a tad conservative for my taste, but it works. The spread of five seems high to me. I won’t have a lot of support away from the Rockies, but I like the Pios’ chances of an upset. It would be quite a story to see a coach take his team to the NC game in his first year at the helm.
If ND wins, more power to them, I’m not a fan but they are in the ACC.
I've seen Denver up close every game this year - their defense is wildly underrated - ESPECIALLY their d-mids. Not sure if they (or anyone) can take down Notre Dame, though (even though I know Matt Brown and crew despise the Irish!)
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:09 am

So who is “ 16’ version Pontrello” in this ND attack? And Entenmann is the 24’ version. of Balkam UNC goalie? Really ? MD just played a goalie that finished 36% (6 saves) in a Quarterfinal game. Danowski should have never stuck w the Freshmen. The spot was too big for him and couldn’t stop a beach ball.
Think you misunderstood what I said. I mean a MD win over ND would be like UNC's win over MD in the championship. Or maybe I'm just reading your post wrong?
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Finster wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:33 pm

In the bizarre world of matching up teams in college sports, I believe 2024 Maryland is the perfect team to beat Notre Dame, 2024 UVA is a solid (not perfect, but solid) team to beat Maryland, and 2024 Notre Dame is the perfect team to beat UVA.

The team that already lost to ND by 5 is the perfect team to beat them? Did I get that right?
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

Matt Brown DU speaks with QK this week prior to F4

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... lo-e2k066t
Finster

Post by Finster »

BigTurn wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:28 pm
Finster wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:33 pm

The team that already lost to ND by 5 is the perfect team to beat them? Did I get that right?

You did. ND was coming off a loss and had home energy. McNaney’s worst game. Weirman’s worst game.

Maryland matches up well with ND. A rematch would be close.
lacrosseculturedaily

Post by lacrosseculturedaily »

Check out a preview of the game here:

https://lacrosseculturedaily.com/2024/0 ... vs-denver/
Finster

Post by Finster »

I just placed $1,000 on Denver, +4.5. I don’t know if they win, but theoretically their defense should be up to the task. The one nagging question for me is, are they up to the glare of the tournament lights? Notre Dame certainly is. I just don’t see a blowout.

This bet either covers my Memorial Day feast with family and friends, or I don’t mention it to anyone as if it never happened. Other than Fanlax.

For the first time in my life, I’m a Pio fan. Let’s go!!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Finster wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:32 am I just placed $1,000 on Denver, +4.5. I don’t know if they win, but theoretically their defense should be up to the task. The one nagging question for me is, are they up to the glare of the tournament lights? Notre Dame certainly is. I just don’t see a blowout.

This bet either covers my Memorial Day feast with family and friends, or I don’t mention it to anyone as if it never happened. Other than Fanlax.

good luck, finster, ya knucklehead.
Finster

Post by Finster »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:52 am
Finster wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:32 am I just placed $1,000 on Denver, +4.5. I don’t know if they win, but theoretically their defense should be up to the task. The one nagging question for me is, are they up to the glare of the tournament lights? Notre Dame certainly is. I just don’t see a blowout.

good luck, finster, ya knucklehead.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of my bet.

:lol:
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Compulsive gambling is a serious condition that can destroy lives. Chefs kiss.

Go hoos
azim21

Post by azim21 »

The lines so big in a final four game, I think that’s what I’d lean too. Who knows though, we could get an ACC tourney level Irish with the bright lights of championship weekend
Finster

Post by Finster »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:05 am

Compulsive gambling is a serious condition that can destroy lives. Chefs kiss.

Go hoos

Redemption is mine
azim21

Post by azim21 »

If you would’ve told me Will Lynch was 10/11 at halftime I would’ve thought Irish would be up 5. The Pios have matched the Irish physicality. Anyones ball game
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

For most part Denver doing a good job getting ball to ssdms to facilitate clears. Not a lot of D-to-D.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”