CNU 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: CNU 2024

Post by choochooCharlie »

A little birdie told me about a transfer. Exciting if true.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:35 pm A little birdie told me about a transfer. Exciting if true.
DI ?
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
choochooCharlie

Leonard Washington wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:51 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:35 pm A little birdie told me about a transfer. Exciting if true.
DI ?
That’s the rumor at least. Time will tell.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

Hopefully the birdie is true and more come CNUs way. ESP on offense.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

I heard they already have 2 D1 kids coming next year.

MT probably realizes they lose a ton of experienced starters and will need to bring in some D1 talent to help soften the blow. With all the kids in the portal right now, I bet we see 3-4 transfers coming. Heck, we know Salisbury is going to bring in some guys so hopefully MT follows the same model.

Side note: I have been able to watch some of the recruits who are coming in next year.. I expect 2 or 3 to start right away. This incoming class is loaded.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Laxguy703 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:49 pm I heard they already have 2 D1 kids coming next year.

MT probably realizes they lose a ton of experienced starters and will need to bring in some D1 talent to help soften the blow. With all the kids in the portal right now, I bet we see 3-4 transfers coming. Heck, we know Salisbury is going to bring in some guys so hopefully MT follows the same model.

Side note: I have been able to watch some of the recruits who are coming in next year.. I expect 2 or 3 to start right away. This incoming class is loaded.
Gulls don’t recruit transfers, they come on their own. Salisbury still returns fogo, goalie, LSM, 2 ssdm,3 attack, 1 mid and1 D players. Maybe a few grad. returns and a loaded group of younger players looking to step up. Rebuild will be minimal but new faces for sure.
choochooCharlie

Motorman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:17 pm
Gulls don’t recruit transfers, they come on their own...
:roll:

The dinosaurs played lacrosse against Salisbury once, and we all know what happened to them.

Under Salisbury players’ beards there are no chins, just more lacrosse sticks.

When Salisbury players get to college, they tell their fathers “You’re the man of the house now”

Etc etc etc.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

Laxguy703 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:49 pm I heard they already have 2 D1 kids coming next year.

Gulls don’t recruit transfers, they come on their own. Salisbury still returns fogo, goalie, LSM, 2 ssdm,3 attack, 1 mid and1 D players. Maybe a few grad. returns and a loaded group of younger players looking to step up. Rebuild will be minimal but new faces for sure.
Sounds like they will be good. Will Berkman hide them behind a pathetic, lazy schedule again and then watched them get slapped on their homefield in the Quarters?
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

What? :lol:

Obviously gulls recruit transfers.. every coach in college lacrosse does lol. Doesn’t matter how good a program is, nobody is above recruiting kids to come play for their school.

I wasn’t throwing a dig at Salisbury saying they are going to bring in transfers, I was just going based off historical evidence that they bring in a few solid transfers every year.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:21 pm

The dinosaurs played lacrosse against Salisbury once, and we all know what happened to them.

When Salisbury players get to college, they tell their fathers “You’re the man of the house now”

Etc etc etc.
You are an odd one Cho Cho.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Motorman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:03 pm

Etc etc etc.
Those were Chuck Norris references. Creative actually. I enjoyed them. Berkman 100% recruits transfers. I have first person stories to that end. *EDIT: He doesn't beg, he doesn't promise, but he absolutely recruits.
choochooCharlie

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:55 pm
Motorman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:03 pm

Etc etc etc.
Those were Chuck Norris references. Creative actually. I enjoyed them. Berkman 100% recruits transfers. I have first person stories to that end. *EDIT: He doesn't beg, he doesn't promise, but he absolutely recruits.
Piccoli gets it. Thx.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

I believe CNU had 2 D1 defense players last year from VMI & Hofstra. Really good players playing for a sub par D Coordinator who was completely out of his league. Can't imagine a D1 player transferring to D1 that will be as good as Cook. With a subpar O coordinator who can't get the absolute top performance out of his players when it really matters, I am not sure any level of talent that will be enough to deliver a championship to CNU. They will compete and they will be in the tourney, but that's where it will end.
Bananas4Laxx

Post by Bananas4Laxx »

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:51 pm

I believe CNU had 2 D1 defense players last year from VMI & Hofstra. Really good players playing for a sub par D Coordinator who was completely out of his league. Can't imagine a D1 player transferring to D1 that will be as good as Cook. With a subpar O coordinator who can't get the absolute top performance out of his players when it really matters, I am not sure any level of talent that will be enough to deliver a championship to CNU. They will compete and they will be in the tourney, but that's where it will end.
What’s up with all of the hate to the assistant coaches? MT was the one who hired them so they should take the blame. Isn’t MT a defensive coach too? The coordinators shouldn’t be the ones taking the heat for a subpar season.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

Bananas4Laxx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:20 pm

What’s up with all of the hate to the assistant coaches? MT was the one who hired them so they should take the blame. Isn’t MT a defensive coach too? The coordinators shouldn’t be the ones taking the heat for a subpar season.
No hate intended. I just don’t think they did a very good job. That includes MT.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:11 pm
Bananas4Laxx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:20 pm

No hate intended. I just don’t think they did a very good job. That includes MT.
Pointing out that it doesn’t matter how many D1 players transfer.
choochooCharlie

Fellas, Assistant coaches at the DIII level are fleeting. No sooner than they grow and show that they are capable as coaches, do they move on to greener (figuratively AND literally $$) pastures. You have to maintain or, better yet, improve the talent level on you put on the field, work with the staff + hopefully they can get up to speed quick, and be lucky that the things out of your control line up just right.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:24 pm Fellas, Assistant coaches at the DIII level are fleeting. No sooner than they grow and show that they are capable as coaches, do they move on to greener (figuratively AND literally $$) pastures. You have to maintain or, better yet, improve the talent level on you put on the field, work with the staff + hopefully they can get up to speed quick, and be lucky that the things out of your control line up just right.
Ok. Not disagreeing, commenting, or arguing that point. My point was adding D1 talent only goes so far.
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

Zac Thomas (O-Coordinator) has been there for years with MT. Rare to see an assistant stick around that long at the D3 level. I think when you look at the full body of his work, he's done an excellent job. Particularly a few seasons ago when CNU was turning the corner from being a fringe playoff team to a top ten threat.

The past couple seasons other teams have started to 'figure them out' a bit and they haven't been quite as prolific. I also think things got a little stale with the same cast of characters. That said, you could see the evolution and creativity of the offense grow as the season went on. I loved watching how they got innovative with Cook when teams were locking him off, how they starting running the attack and middies more fluidly (Brendes and Jackson out of the box, Cook at attack, etc), and also changing things up by mixing in some other players with different skillsets (the young Miller, Adams, Hoffman). It's just part of the process of the program learning how to play with the big boys.

EMO was a mind-numbing weakness for CNU this year. That was my biggest qualm with Thomas this year. But they've been strong in this area in prior seasons, so I fully expect him to figure this out in the off season.

While CNU will surely miss having some of the marquee players they've relied on next year, I think having a whole new core of young offensive pieces and none of the "championship or bust" pressure that this year's team felt will make for a really fun season of experimentation and growth.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”