48%
Maryland
52%

Total votes: 50

Laxitup21

Re: QF #2 Duke vs #7 Maryland Saturday 2:30

Post by Laxitup21 »

coda wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:59 pm
Laxitup21 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:48 pm It’s time for Danowski to go. That offense Duke had was pitiful. It’s like only 2 people had the green light to ever truly go.

You had a dodger and a measley throwback, rise, wash and repeat as their o

Probably a hard decision to make but surprised they stuck with Naso as long as they did with Weinerman dominating and Girard performing well recently.

Ultimately, you are know for May and Duke struck out big time with O’Neill.

If I was coach of this team, Macadorey would have been the right wing at attack and Dyson Williams would be playing crease only coming out of the box.
Duke offense went full club lacrosse. Outside of dodge past the guy in front of you, it was hard to see a plan. ONeill is ONeill, he came in a great scorer and left a great scorer. Hasn’t added much to his game. MacAdorey is the same guy we saw as a freshmen. That might be the biggest knock on the Duke staff
I agree. I think the main issue was Oniell and Dyson Williams provide the same trait, they are scorers and lefty’s. Both do not quarterback a team at all. That’s no knock on them, they are incredible players obviously but I always found that to be an awkward overlap.

I would have made Dyson a designated crease guy because of this. Him on the LW never made sense with Brennan. It shows vs the good teams.

Macadorey is a good player but they have him playing all over the place. Him vs Cuse in ACCt was his best game and at attack.

Regardless of scheme, Duke, like UNC, lack multiple inside box guys. Dyson obviously can finish but besides that it’s an open O that rely on middies to out run their man, again, hard vs top teams.

Never really had the second QB or ball movement inside to make this o work. O Neil could have spent more time inside as well to throw them off. They all camped out in their natural spot, which they all excelled at, but never was able to throw in the wrinkles vs the good teams
azim21

Post by azim21 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:30 pm
azim21 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm Can we talk about how wild it will be if UMD and UVA face off in the final four? Both teams were controversial picks just to make the tourney, and one will be in the championship in that scenario 🤯
Apparently you don’t recall when Notre Dame got in over Georgetown and went to the finals despite being very mediocre in the reg season. That was more controversial than them being not selected in 22. GT should’ve got that last At large
No I don’t 😅 the game wasn’t as easy to stream back then so that’s my excuse not remembering. But I’m not surprised it’s happened before with only an 18 team tourney. My point is more so giving credit to the coaching staffs off UVA and UMD for turning it around after struggling at points in the year. Just a reminder of why this game is as awesome as it is. If you get hot at the right time, anything can happen!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

azim21 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:38 pm
azim21 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 pm Can we talk about how wild it will be if UMD and UVA face off in the final four? Both teams were controversial picks just to make the tourney, and one will be in the championship in that scenario 🤯
Apparently you don’t recall when Notre Dame got in over Georgetown and went to the finals despite being very mediocre in the reg season. That was more controversial than them being not selected in 22. GT should’ve got that last At large
No I don’t 😅 the game wasn’t as easy to stream back then so that’s my excuse not remembering. But I’m not surprised it’s happened before with only an 18 team tourney. My point is more so giving credit to the coaching staffs off UVA and UMD for turning it around after struggling at points in the year. Just a reminder of why this game is as awesome as it is. If you get hot at the right time, anything can happen!
Well that’s the thing everyone’s slobbering over entemanns “crumb cake” but seem to have forgot the beast (literally I’m not sure if he’s all human of half rabid dog) Scott Rogers. Mid would stop your shot then come out of cage and body slam you and flex afterwards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NC ... ampionship.

Qualifying
edit
Main article: 2010 NCAA Division I men's lacrosse season
Sixteen teams were selected to compete in the tournament based upon their performance during the regular season, and for some, a conference tournament.[3]
The championship teams of six conferences were granted automatic tournament berths. Five of those were based upon the results of conference tournaments. The Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) did not hold a conference tournament and granted its automatic qualifier to regular season champions Denver. Conference tournament champions that automatically qualified were: Army of the Patriot League, Delaware of the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA), Mount Saint Mary's of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), Princeton of the Ivy League, and Stony Brook of the America East Conference.[5]
The selection committee granted the other ten tournament teams at-large berths. All four Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) teams received at-large bids for the fourth straight year: Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and Duke. Two berths were filled by the Big East Conference: Syracuse and Notre Dame. Ivy League runners-up Cornell, independent Johns Hopkins, Loyola of the ECAC, and Hofstra of the CAA were also selected.[5]
Notable teams considered to be "on the bubble" for selection, but not chosen, included Georgetown and Villanova of the Big East, Yale and Brown of the Ivy League, Drexel and UMass of the CAA.[5] The selection of some at-large teams such as Notre Dame and Johns Hopkins instead of Georgetown, which missed the tournament for the third straight season, was considered a questionable snub by some analysts.[6][7][8]
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
coda

Post by coda »

Laxitup21 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:32 pm
coda wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:59 pm
Laxitup21 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:48 pm It’s time for Danowski to go. That offense Duke had was pitiful. It’s like only 2 people had the green light to ever truly go.

You had a dodger and a measley throwback, rise, wash and repeat as their o

Probably a hard decision to make but surprised they stuck with Naso as long as they did with Weinerman dominating and Girard performing well recently.

Ultimately, you are know for May and Duke struck out big time with O’Neill.

If I was coach of this team, Macadorey would have been the right wing at attack and Dyson Williams would be playing crease only coming out of the box.
Duke offense went full club lacrosse. Outside of dodge past the guy in front of you, it was hard to see a plan. ONeill is ONeill, he came in a great scorer and left a great scorer. Hasn’t added much to his game. MacAdorey is the same guy we saw as a freshmen. That might be the biggest knock on the Duke staff
I agree. I think the main issue was Oniell and Dyson Williams provide the same trait, they are scorers and lefty’s. Both do not quarterback a team at all. That’s no knock on them, they are incredible players obviously but I always found that to be an awkward overlap.

I would have made Dyson a designated crease guy because of this. Him on the LW never made sense with Brennan. It shows vs the good teams.

Macadorey is a good player but they have him playing all over the place. Him vs Cuse in ACCt was his best game and at attack.

Regardless of scheme, Duke, like UNC, lack multiple inside box guys. Dyson obviously can finish but besides that it’s an open O that rely on middies to out run their man, again, hard vs top teams.

Never really had the second QB or ball movement inside to make this o work. O Neil could have spent more time inside as well to throw them off. They all camped out in their natural spot, which they all excelled at, but never was able to throw in the wrinkles vs the good teams
I put this in Maryland thread, but Zawaada killed Maryland in both games last year. He had 13 pts in 2 games in a different system. Michigan had him dodge from everywhere
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:42 pm
azim21 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:38 pm
Well that’s the thing everyone’s slobbering over entemanns “crumb cake” but seem to have forgot the beast (literally I’m not sure if he’s all human of half rabid dog) Scott Rogers. Mid would stop your shot then come out of cage and body slam you and flex afterwards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NC ... ampionship.

Qualifying
edit
Main article: 2010 NCAA Division I men's lacrosse season
Sixteen teams were selected to compete in the tournament based upon their performance during the regular season, and for some, a conference tournament.[3]
The championship teams of six conferences were granted automatic tournament berths. Five of those were based upon the results of conference tournaments. The Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) did not hold a conference tournament and granted its automatic qualifier to regular season champions Denver. Conference tournament champions that automatically qualified were: Army of the Patriot League, Delaware of the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA), Mount Saint Mary's of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), Princeton of the Ivy League, and Stony Brook of the America East Conference.[5]
The selection committee granted the other ten tournament teams at-large berths. All four Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) teams received at-large bids for the fourth straight year: Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and Duke. Two berths were filled by the Big East Conference: Syracuse and Notre Dame. Ivy League runners-up Cornell, independent Johns Hopkins, Loyola of the ECAC, and Hofstra of the CAA were also selected.[5]
Notable teams considered to be "on the bubble" for selection, but not chosen, included Georgetown and Villanova of the Big East, Yale and Brown of the Ivy League, Drexel and UMass of the CAA.[5] The selection of some at-large teams such as Notre Dame and Johns Hopkins instead of Georgetown, which missed the tournament for the third straight season, was considered a questionable snub by some analysts.[6][7][8]
Georgetown that year
Date Time At Opponent Location TV Radio Result Links
February 27, 2010 (Saturday) 2:00 PM Home Maryland Multi-Sport Field L, 13-15
March 3, 2010 (Wednesday) 3:00 PM Home Harvard Multi-Sport Field W, 13-12
Recap
March 6, 2010 (Saturday) 1:00 PM Home St. John's Multi-Sport Field W, 9-6
Recap
March 13, 2010 (Saturday) 2:00 PM Away Syracuse Syracuse, N.Y. L, 12-15
Recap
March 17, 2010 (Wednesday) 7:00 PM Home Delaware Multi-Sport Field W, 13-11
Recap
March 21, 2010 (Sunday) 12:00 PM Away Providence Providence, R.I. W, 14-4
Recap
March 27, 2010 (Saturday) 12:00 PM Home Duke Multi-Sport Field L, 10-15
Recap
April 2, 2010 (Friday) 7:00 PM Away Navy Annapolis, Md. W, 13-12 OT
April 7, 2010 (Wednesday) 7:00 PM Home Mount St. Mary's Multi-Sport Field W, 11-6
Recap
April 11, 2010 (Sunday) 12:00 PM Home Notre Dame Multi-Sport Field W, 11-8
Recap
April 17, 2010 (Saturday) 12:00 PM Away Loyola (Md) Baltimore, Md. L, 6-11
Recap
April 24, 2010 (Saturday) 1:30 PM Neutral Massachusetts Hartford, Conn. L, 12-13
Recap
May 1, 2010 (Saturday) 6:00 PM Home Rutgers Multi-Sport Field W, 14-9
Recap
May 8, 2010 (Saturday) 7:00 PM Away Villanova Villanova, Pa. W, 15-9
Recap
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Notre dame 2010

FEB
Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Official Athletics Website
DUKE
DURHAM, N.C.

W 11 - 7
(Away)
RECAP HIGHLIGHTS
FEB
PENN STATE
NOTRE DAME, IND.

W 12 - 8
(Home)
RECAP
MAR
LOYOLA (MD)
BALTIMORE, MD. (FACE-OFF CLASSIC)

W 11 - 9
(Neutral)
RECAP
MAR
DREXEL
PHILADELPHIA, PA.

L 6 - 7 (OT)
(Away)
RECAP
MAR
FAIRFIELD
HOUSTON, TEXAS (THE KINKAID SCHOOL)

L 8 - 10
(Neutral)
RECAP
MAR
DENVER
NOTRE DAME, IND.

W 14 - 7
(Home)
RECAP
MAR
OHIO STATE
NOTRE DAME, IND.

W 7 - 6 (OT)
(Home)
RECAP HIGHLIGHTS
MAR
RUTGERS
NOTRE DAME, IND.

L 8 - 10
(Home)
RECAP
APR
VILLANOVA
VILLANOVA, PA.

L 8 - 9
(Away)
RECAP
APR
Georgetown logo
GEORGETOWN
WASHINGTON, D.C.

L 8 - 11
(Away)
RECAP
APR
PROVIDENCE
NOTRE DAME, IND.

W 11 - 3
(Home)
RECAP
APR
ST. JOHN'S
QUEENS, N.Y.

W 13 - 6
(Away)
RECAP HIGHLIGHTS
MAY
SYRACUSE
NOTRE DAME, IND.

L 6 - 12
(Home)
RECAP
MAY
PRINCETON (NCAA FIRST ROUND)
PRINCETON, N.J.

W 8 - 5
(Away)
RECAP
MAY
MARYLAND (NCAA QUARTERFINALS)
PRINCETON, N.J.

W 7 - 5
(Neutral)
RECAP
MAY
CORNELL (NCAA SEMIFINALS)
BALTIMORE, MD. (M&T BANK STADIUM)

W 12 - 7
(Neutral)
RECAP QUOTES HIGHLIGHTS
MAY
DUKE (NCAA FINAL)
BALTIMORE, MD. (M&T BANK STADIUM)

L 5 - 6 (OT)
(Neutral)
RECAP NOTES QUOTES
All Times Eastern

Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Official Athletics WebsiteSponsor Logo
Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Official Athletics WebsiteSponsor Logo
© 2024 The University of Not
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

The better coach and staff won
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

So the poll runs until Sunday and 2 hours after the Terps win it's still Duke 24-22 in votes. Do they still have a chance?
Finster

Post by Finster »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:39 pm If Duke had any lax fans they'd be apoplectic right now

The stands today had maybe two handfuls of Duke fans. Maryland had not simply an entire section of supporters who made the trip, but unquestionably the top parking lot tailgate. Not sure who owns the million dollar RV with Terp flags, but that crowd knew how to party.

(Fwiw, Notre Dame seemed like it had the most Long Island supporters of all teams)
Finster

Post by Finster »

If anyone deserves praise today for Maryland’s win, it’s Weirman. He really dominated plus scored two crucial goals.

#1 Ajax is such a heady player. Incredibly impressive playing from him.

#7 of Maryland is essentially useless. Can barely run.

#50 defenseman started with O’Neil and kept playing O’Neil’s right side. O’Neil uses his weak hand maybe 2% of the time. I think Tillman inserted #27 to take over that job. #50 seemed lost.

Why does Maryland’s attack concede clears? There is zero effort to force a turnover. ZERO. Mind boggling.

I don’t know if Tillman out coached Danowski. I think the Maryland FOGO plus Ajax didn’t want the season to end. I saw plenty wrong with Maryland today outside those two players.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

dunno, think maltz did ok. probably should've had several more if guys saw him inside, too.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Finster wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:53 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:39 pm If Duke had any lax fans they'd be apoplectic right now

The stands today had maybe two handfuls of Duke fans. Maryland had not simply an entire section of supporters who made the trip, but unquestionably the top parking lot tailgate. Not sure who owns the million dollar RV with Terp flags, but that crowd knew how to party.

(Fwiw, Notre Dame seemed like it had the most Long Island supporters of all teams)
Ajax's dad.

The Terps' families put up the best tailgate in college lacrosse. They're also the most welcoming people. The Final 4 tailgates are more like block parties.

See you all in Philly!
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

They weren't that controversial considering they were both seeded
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Wheels wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:05 pm

Ajax's dad.

The Terps' families put up the best tailgate in college lacrosse. They're also the most welcoming people. The Final 4 tailgates are more like block parties.

See you all in Philly!
There's nothing quite like Maryland Fans. Having lived in the state, I'll always root on the terps except against the Jays.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments ... dickulous/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Of Kevin Plank owns it figure on it being repossessed soon/
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:27 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:14 pm Dano entering late-stage Starsia coaching zone?
I didn't love what I heard from him in those (numerous) interviews with Carc throughout the season. He's been doing this for so long and winning for so long that it seems like he's lost the killer instinct. And that's reflected in his players. The body language has been bad all year for a team that lost in the finals and should have a chip on their shoulder. But they are routinely less than the sum of their parts. Feels like we are close to the end of a great run
Agreed. This has entered late Desko and Tierney territory. To not even reach the final four with that squad is malpractice I don't care how good Wierman is.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

Wheels wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:05 pm

Ajax's dad.

See you all in Philly!
Agreed! As much as I may hate seeing my favorite team losing to Maryland, gotta appreciate how well those fans travel. And they have always been the nicest people. If they have the first game in philly, I know I’ll have to find that UMD tailgate outside the linc 😉
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JeremyCuse wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:09 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:27 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:14 pm Dano entering late-stage Starsia coaching zone?
I didn't love what I heard from him in those (numerous) interviews with Carc throughout the season. He's been doing this for so long and winning for so long that it seems like he's lost the killer instinct. And that's reflected in his players. The body language has been bad all year for a team that lost in the finals and should have a chip on their shoulder. But they are routinely less than the sum of their parts. Feels like we are close to the end of a great run
Agreed. This has entered late Desko and Tierney territory. To not even reach the final four with that squad is malpractice I don't care how good Wierman is.
Late stage stars is included a felony a year. Zero ACC wins for multiple seasons. May be directionally heading there but still a ways to go.0
Young Warrior

Post by Young Warrior »

TV made it look like Duke has WAY less fans - odd given that half their team played at St Anthony's 20 min away

That RV guy is a legend - first guy in lot for B1G tourney on Thursday....and they were the LATE game!
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

You cannot say Dino is anywhere close to the level of Breshi with wasted talent. This team was in the championship game last year.

However, Dino might be past his prime. TBD.

As for UMD, they played to win today unlike a lot of teams (aka Hopkins). UMD shot and scored while only up 1 with about 3 minutes left despite 58 seconds or so left on the shot clock. So many other teams would have tried to milk clock with about 15 seconds and only to generate a terrible shot.
Last edited by norcalhop on Sat May 18, 2024 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”