NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
callaxdad

Re: NESCAC

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:17 pm I read it once that success is a spectrum, not some binary construct.

If Tufts was smoking teams last year and never dropped a reg season game, then their record to date is down from that. They were in the NC last year. If they don’t make that, then their years end results are down as well.

If Bowdoin’s record isn’t what it was last year, their record is down

If Amherst was better last year than they were this year, they’re down.

I mean, with out going piece by piece through the whole conference to simplify it for those struggling to grasp, I would say Hamilton and Wesleyan are up, and quite literally everyone else is down, relative to last years results or records. It is what it is. They’ve made the most of the #downyear, and perhaps they can swing this into an up year in 2025. But RELATIVE to their previous years’ strength, as a conference they’re down by their standards. (Take the positive spin that their history is so strong that this is a #downyear, but understand that this. is. a. down. year. Hard stop)
Question, were you a tap dance major at Bates?!! Haha!!

Blah, blah, blah….you’re a Tufts and Midd hater at the very least. And you’re very negative. Now you’ve turned into a philosopher. Both Tufts and Midd have had great seasons, neither of which are done yet. Yet, you’ve been bad mouthing and bashing them all year. Time for you to admit you’ve been wrong. And, put a sock in it!!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:21 pm
callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 pm my bad but choochooRichie has been insufferable
Who run NESCACtown?

choochoo run NESCACtown.
Would that be choochooD!ckie?!?!! 🤣🤣 asking for a friend!! 🤣🤣
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:22 pm
callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:18 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:58 pm I just hope the Jumbos are ready for SJF on Sat. Based on the previous two games, it looks like they are on a mission. Wouldn't it be nice to avenge the NC loss to Salisbury. Even if they don't win it all, that game would make this "Down Year" that much sweeter. In any case, we have 3 NESCAC teams in the Elite 8 with both Tufts, Middlebury and Bowdoin still remaining. Lots of lacrosse left. Good Luck for the remainder of the tournament.
I agree, hugely successful your for the Bos regardless what happens here on out. Total rebuilding year, lost our entire attack, something like 700 points!! To make it this far with a young team is amazing, anything else is icing on the cake!!

Roll Bos!!
Amazing, and somehow still down
Just great coaching grasshopper
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

admin wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:00 pm
NothingButFaxLax wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:28 pm ... Roll jumbos.
No need for homophobic slurs.
100% admin, no place for that BS
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:28 pm Question, were you a tap dance major at Bates?!! Haha!!

Blah, blah, blah….you’re a Tufts and Midd hater at the very least. And you’re very negative. Now you’ve turned into a philosopher. Both Tufts and Midd have had great seasons, neither of which are done yet. Yet, you’ve been bad mouthing and bashing them all year. Time for you to admit you’ve been wrong. And, put a sock in it!!
History major.

I guess that’s why I’m so focused on how a Middleburg team at 12-8 still has a worse record than their last season that was 18-3, regardless of how far they go in a flavor-of-the-day single elimination playoff scenario.

You must not have been a history major at Bates. Heres a free lesson. Going from 18-3 to 12-8 is going DOWN. Class dismissed.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:35 pm
callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:28 pm Question, were you a tap dance major at Bates?!! Haha!!

History major.

I guess that’s why I’m so focused on how a team at 12-8 still has a worse record than their last season that was 18-3, regardless of how far they go in a flavor-of-the-day single elimination playoff scenario.

You must not have been a history major at Bates. Heres a free lesson. Going from 18-3 to 12-8 is going DOWN. Class dismissed.
Was not a history major at bates, in fact, Bates wasn't even close to being my twentieth safety school! But I'm glad you got a wonderful History degree. Too bad you know nothing about sports. But nice to see you think you're an expert.
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:45 pm

History major.

I guess that’s why I’m so focused on how a team at 12-8 still has a worse record than their last season that was 18-3, regardless of how far they go in a flavor-of-the-day single elimination playoff scenario.

Was not a history major at bates, Bates wasn't even close to being my twentieth safety school! But I'm glad you got a wonderful History degree. Too bad you know nothing about sports. But nice to see you think you're an expert.
All I heard was “blah blah blah i have no answer blah blah blah.”

12-8 is down from 18-3. Prove me wrong.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

jumpman23 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:48 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 pm
TaborAlum97 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:34 pm Long time 'Cac fan, first time poster here.

Well, well, well... Everyone thought it was a down year for the NESCAC teams, but we have 3 have teams in the Elite 8. Weslyan unfortunately didn't show up vs. SJF and I had them continuing and beating St. Lawrence, making the Elite 8. Tufts is hungry after losing to Hamilton and they are showing no mercy putting up touchdowns vs teams.

The real game this Saturday will be Bowdoin vs. Middlebury. Bowdoin looks like they have regrouped after only holding RPI to 5 goals. Middlebury also seems to have worked out their early season kinks after earning two solid wins this past weekend. Middlebury destroyed Bowdoin in the 'Cac tournament, I think this game will be much different, but I still have Middlebury winning in a tight one. What are people's thoughts?

My predictions this weekend:
Tufts: -6
Middlebury: -1.5
The results from the weekend certainly reflect the earlier comments about each of theses teams having the propensity to lay an egg at any time, although, I am undecided as to whether Wes laid an egg, or if they were simply overachieving for a stretch. As for Midd/Bowdoin, having watched both teams play this season, my takeaway was that Bowdoin was the more complete team, but the head-to-head results suggest otherwise. The game is definitely a toss-up, but Bowdoin may have an edge emotionally having suffered the loss in the tournament.
Looks like Bowdoin won handily early in the season 16-10, then lost 17-9 in the tourney. So head to head looks very even. Plus both were in a groove this past weekend. My guess is not a 1 or 2 goal game, rather more of the same where one team has complete control of the game all game. Seemingly the pressure is on both coaches and their game plan.
I'll weigh in on this one having seen both play on a couple of occasions. Midd is definitely more talented on paper than their record would reflect, very up and down this year. Very talented and can beat anyone when they're on, IMHO. Bowdoin, very talented as well. Have a young, talented coach who's had success in his short tenure. They are very disciplined. This one could go either way! But, either way, the Little Sisters of the Poor..... errr the NESCAC will shockingly have a team in the Final Four!!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:46 pm

History major.

Was not a history major at bates, Bates wasn't even close to being my twentieth safety school! But I'm glad you got a wonderful History degree. Too bad you know nothing about sports. But nice to see you think you're an expert.
All I heard was “blah blah blah i have no answer blah blah blah.”

Well then, you need to get the wax out of your ears, Bates wasn't even on my radar!! And, college lacrosse/rosters/all sports changes year to year so you can't compare records from year to year. Thats the beauty of college sports choochoo....check the History!!
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:09 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:46 pm

Blah, blah, blah….
Was not a history major at bates,
Well then, you need to get the wax out of your ears, Bates wasn't even on my radar!! And, college lacrosse/rosters/all sports changes year to year so you can't compare records from year to year. Thats the beauty of college sports choochoo....check the History!!
My dude, I don’t care about your pedigree. Your phonetics speak for itself (take that however you want). Going from 18-3 to 12-8 is going down, anyway you slice it.
LongPoleGuy

Post by LongPoleGuy »

History major.

I guess that’s why I’m so focused on how a Middleburg team at 12-8 still has a worse record than their last season that was 18-3, regardless of how far they go in a flavor-of-the-day single elimination playoff scenario.

So if Middlebury were to win out and take home a national championship they would finish the season at 15-8, which according to your math would make it a DOWN season from when they were 21-3 and lost in the quarterfinals? That’s definitely a hot take.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

LongPoleGuy wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 pm

History major.

So if Middlebury were to win out and take home a national championship they would finish the season at 15-8, which according to your math would make it a DOWN season from when they were 21-3 and lost in the quarterfinals? That’s definitely a hot take.
I think thats what Mr. History is trying to say. However, college rosters change every year and teams change dramatically from the start of every season to the end. Maybe Dr. History doesn't know W T F he's talking about?
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 pm
LongPoleGuy wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 pm

History major.

I think thats what Mr. History is trying to say. However, college rosters change every year and teams change dramatically from the start of every season to the end. Maybe Dr. History doesn't know W T F he's talking about?
Nah. They ain’t won nothing yet. Get back with the facts until they do.

Simple question with a simple answer that you just don’t want to say. 12-8 is down from 18-3.

Facts vs fiction. 12-8 vs 18-3 is fact. *ifs* is fiction until it happens. #downyear #factsVSfeelings
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Please stop treating this person as if they matter.

Their entire goal is to be as toxic as possible and derail the forum; responding accomplishes that goal. Just look at the last few pages - it's the week of the quarters and semis, people (ergit, jumpman23, TaborAlum97, shorelax12, NNELax, etc.) started posting about the upcoming games, and it was immediately drowned out by a flood of troll garbage. This place has been too good of a resource for D3 discussion over the years to suddenly turn into this.

If you do block someone (aka "add them as a foe" :roll:), all their posts look like this.

It's not perfect - you still know when there is garbage in the forum, and you still see that garbage if other people quote it. However, it is minimized and no longer takes up half the page, which means it doesn't drown out everyone else's comments.

At a bare minimum, as BackLax said last week: just stop responding to them. If someone is here to make the site worse on purpose, don't help them do it.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

ah23 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:04 am Please stop treating this person as if they matter.

Their entire goal is to be as toxic as possible and derail the forum; responding accomplishes that goal. Just look at the last few pages - it's the week of the quarters and semis, people (ergit, jumpman23, TaborAlum97, shorelax12, NNELax, etc.) started posting about the upcoming games, and it was immediately drowned out by a flood of troll garbage. This place has been too good of a resource for D3 discussion over the years to suddenly turn into this.

If you do block someone (aka "add them as a foe" :roll:), all their posts look like this.

It's not perfect - you still know when there is garbage in the forum, and you still see that garbage if other people quote it. However, it is minimized and no longer takes up half the page, which means it doesn't drown out everyone else's comments.

At a bare minimum, as BackLax said last week: just stop responding to them. If someone is here to make the site worse on purpose, don't help them do it.
👍🏻👍🏻
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

callaxdad wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:53 am
ah23 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:04 am Please stop treating this person as if they matter.

👍🏻👍🏻
Soft as soft can be.
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:03 pm
jumpman23 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:48 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 pm
TaborAlum97 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:34 pm Long time 'Cac fan, first time poster here.

Well, well, well... Everyone thought it was a down year for the NESCAC teams, but we have 3 have teams in the Elite 8. Weslyan unfortunately didn't show up vs. SJF and I had them continuing and beating St. Lawrence, making the Elite 8. Tufts is hungry after losing to Hamilton and they are showing no mercy putting up touchdowns vs teams.

The real game this Saturday will be Bowdoin vs. Middlebury. Bowdoin looks like they have regrouped after only holding RPI to 5 goals. Middlebury also seems to have worked out their early season kinks after earning two solid wins this past weekend. Middlebury destroyed Bowdoin in the 'Cac tournament, I think this game will be much different, but I still have Middlebury winning in a tight one. What are people's thoughts?

My predictions this weekend:
Tufts: -6
Middlebury: -1.5
The results from the weekend certainly reflect the earlier comments about each of theses teams having the propensity to lay an egg at any time, although, I am undecided as to whether Wes laid an egg, or if they were simply overachieving for a stretch. As for Midd/Bowdoin, having watched both teams play this season, my takeaway was that Bowdoin was the more complete team, but the head-to-head results suggest otherwise. The game is definitely a toss-up, but Bowdoin may have an edge emotionally having suffered the loss in the tournament.
Looks like Bowdoin won handily early in the season 16-10, then lost 17-9 in the tourney. So head to head looks very even. Plus both were in a groove this past weekend. My guess is not a 1 or 2 goal game, rather more of the same where one team has complete control of the game all game. Seemingly the pressure is on both coaches and their game plan.
I'll weigh in on this one having seen both play on a couple of occasions. Midd is definitely more talented on paper than their record would reflect, very up and down this year. Very talented and can beat anyone when they're on, IMHO. Bowdoin, very talented as well. Have a young, talented coach who's had success in his short tenure. They are very disciplined. This one could go either way! But, either way, the Little Sisters of the Poor..... errr the NESCAC will shockingly have a team in the Final Four!!
Anyone see both Midd-Bowdoin games? What changed that Bowdoin had so much trouble second time around? Also doesn’t seem like Bowdoin has ever been to a final 4 in school history, so even more on line for them. But a 8 hour bus ride from Maine is brutal. Let’s just hope Tufts gets by Salisbury and it is somehow an all Nescac final. That will shut up the haters
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

jumpman23 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:40 am
Anyone see both Midd-Bowdoin games? What changed that Bowdoin had so much trouble second time around? Also doesn’t seem like Bowdoin has ever been to a final 4 in school history, so even more on line for them. But a 8 hour bus ride from Maine is brutal. Let’s just hope Tufts gets by Salisbury and it is somehow an all Nescac final. That will shut up the haters
Among other things, Midd's loss of Simpson and Zink preseason made them unavailable for the first matchup.
laxpert

Post by laxpert »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:12 am
nelaxman wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:39 pm It's remarkable to think that after tomorrow night, only eight teams will remain. Personally, I'm not a fan of this NCAA format.
A small part of me likes the summer tournament feel it brings, but overall…yeah, it leaves a lot to be desired. No time to enjoy a win, no time to prepare for an opponent, etc.
It would be reasonable to assume that Wesleyan and SLU spent more time prepping for a potential Sunday game against each other than Fisher.
Additionally The Larry's beat Fisher during the regular season. I'm NOT saying they disrespected Fisher with only 24 hours between games you have game plan ahead of time. That said, I don't see the Fisher sneaking up on the Jumbos. I'm sure the staff has emphasized not to overlook Fisher after last weekend.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

laxpert wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:17 am
ah23 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:12 am
nelaxman wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:39 pm It's remarkable to think that after tomorrow night, only eight teams will remain. Personally, I'm not a fan of this NCAA format.
A small part of me likes the summer tournament feel it brings, but overall…yeah, it leaves a lot to be desired. No time to enjoy a win, no time to prepare for an opponent, etc.
It would be reasonable to assume that Wesleyan and SLU spent more time prepping for a potential Sunday game against each other than Fisher.
Additionally The Larry's beat Fisher during the regular season. I'm NOT saying they disrespected Fisher with only 24 hours between games you have game plan ahead of time. That said, I don't see the Fisher sneaking up on the Jumbos. I'm sure the staff has emphasized not to overlook Fisher after last weekend.
If I was coach D, I would be calling my Tufts network to help Scout Salisbury so he can prepare for both. Plenty of Tufts Alums with lots of coaching experience that could help with the cause.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”