TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

Post by DMac »

random observer wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 pm I say this sincerely: what serious person cares for even one second if someone calls it a lacrosse field or a pitch?
I do. It's a field, not a pitch. If Ian MacScotsman is doing the game from Glasgow it's all good but it's here in the USA
where we play on lacrosse fields. 60+ years around the game, never once heard the field called a pitch....Carc and
Quint never did either, must be they think it's hip and cool (it aint at all).
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:19 am
random observer wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 pm I say this sincerely: what serious person cares for even one second if someone calls it a lacrosse field or a pitch?
I do. It's a field, not a pitch. If Ian MacScotsman is doing the game from Glasgow it's all good but it's here in the USA
where we play on lacrosse fields. 60+ years around the game, never once heard the field called a pitch....Carc and
Quint never did either, must be they think it's hip and cool (it aint at all).
I am surprised they have not adopted “he has pace” instead of “he is fast”.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:40 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:09 pm Time and again, Joe Beninati is the best our sport has to offer. I love hearing his calls on the Sunday night Big Ten games. And now we are blessed with his call in the tourney. His lacrosse IQ is off the charts (having been a collegiate goalie) but he uses it in a way which provides meaningful context for the viewer and projects a really professional air on the mic; not to show how many lax bros he knows or how many goals/saves he had in some game in 1987 that no one cares about now. Some of the other guys sound like they are on a blind date and want to impress their date by reliving the glory days. Joe B sounds “cool” because he is a pro’s pro.
He is one of the best.
Always been a Joe B fan. Got to know him back in the MLL days. Class act!

One thing that Joe is always known for - he always takes time to thank his production crew.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:13 pm I know Beninati is from L.I.and went to Bowdoin. Where did he play his high school ball?
St. Mary’s in Manhasset
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

How about we have a poll at the end of the season with prizes like say, the golden ball (for the garglers), the golden voice (for the mellifluous), etc.

Let’s have a little fun with this.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Brownlax wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:18 pm
fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:13 pm I know Beninati is from L.I.and went to Bowdoin. Where did he play his high school ball?
St. Mary’s in Manhasset
That is incorrect. Joe was my teammate at St. Anthony’s. Great guy and a great athlete. Was a terrific goalie for our hockey team as well.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Do you know what town he's from?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Henpecked wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:48 pm
Brownlax wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:18 pm
St. Mary’s in Manhasset
That is incorrect. Joe was my teammate at St. Anthony’s. Great guy and a great athlete. Was a terrific goalie for our hockey team as well.
Thanks for the correction!
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

CU77 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:43 pm
mdk01 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:36 pm
fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:48 pm
CU77 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:27 pm Beninati & Ward calling ND-Albany are such a relief to listen to after the endless babble of those other guys ...
You mean to say they don’t do shtick?
I mean to say they don't genuflect to the ACC like Quint and Carc.
Quint & Carc spent 6 hours of the Ivy League Tournament proclaiming that the Ivy League had off-the-charts talent and was going to be the best conference in the country next year :!:
Probably a one off for the audience of that weekend. I expect they will revert to their norm of the last 10 years.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

mdk01 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:54 pm
CU77 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:27 pm Quint & Carc spent 6 hours of the Ivy League Tournament proclaiming that the Ivy League had off-the-charts talent and was going to be the best conference in the country next year :!:
Probably a one off for the audience of that weekend. I expect they will revert to their norm of the last 10 years.
Oh absolutely. It just shows how they hype everything endlessly, it's so tiresome.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

CU77 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:37 pm
mdk01 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:54 pm
CU77 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:27 pm Quint & Carc spent 6 hours of the Ivy League Tournament proclaiming that the Ivy League had off-the-charts talent and was going to be the best conference in the country next year :!:
Oh absolutely. It just shows how they hype everything endlessly, it's so tiresome.
Carc is the biggest hype man “in all of college lacrosse”.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:18 pm Carc is the biggest hype man “in all of college lacrosse”.
:lol:
MPSSAAlaxfan

Post by MPSSAAlaxfan »

I, for one, am just glad the PLL draft is over with. I may be in the minority, but I don't care about Carc's big board draft prospects. I'm interested in watching the college teams compete for a championship, not hearing about how this player or that player will fit into a pro scheme here or there. For my money, this is the pinnacle of the sport and the PLL is glorified post-collegiate club ball.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

MPSSAAlaxfan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:00 pm I, for one, am just glad the PLL draft is over with. I may be in the minority, but I don't care about Carc's big board draft prospects. I'm interested in watching the college teams compete for a championship, not hearing about how this player or that player will fit into a pro scheme here or there. For my money, this is the pinnacle of the sport and the PLL is glorified post-collegiate club ball.
Agree. College is the pinnacle of the sport. PLL only had my interest for a bit when teams were aligned to colleges. Couldn’t care less at this point. Not to mention the insanely dumb face off / shot clock rules now.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MPSSAAlaxfan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:00 pm I, for one, am just glad the PLL draft is over with. I may be in the minority, but I don't care about Carc's big board draft prospects. I'm interested in watching the college teams compete for a championship, not hearing about how this player or that player will fit into a pro scheme here or there. For my money, this is the pinnacle of the sport and the PLL is glorified post-collegiate club ball.
you're probably going to be disappointed if you tune in to the uva game. or any other game with the 3 amigos.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

quint today
(at the end of the game)"I saw a Denver kid outside our tv truck. He vomited. I asked him if that was normal. He said he vomits his breakfast every day. Denver staying true to who they are."

"All I see at BWI is lacrosse teams going in and out on southwest. They should have a monument to lacrosse there for all the business lacrosse brings Baltimore and Maryland"

"Looking forward to getting to (a tavern) in Philadelphia next weekend. Last time we were there Carc knew everyone in the joint in his first half hour there."
Oldlilaxer

Post by Oldlilaxer »

jhu06 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:33 pm quint today
(at the end of the game)"I saw a Denver kid outside our tv truck. He vomited. I asked him if that was normal. He said he vomits his breakfast every day. Denver staying true to who they are."

"All I see at BWI is lacrosse teams going in and out on southwest. They should have a monument to lacrosse there for all the business lacrosse brings Baltimore and Maryland"

"Looking forward to getting to (a tavern) in Philadelphia next weekend. Last time we were there Carc knew everyone in the joint in his first half hour there."
I thought he said every game day.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Quint after Kilrain scored for hopkins "Another QK for Hopkins. QK!"

He'll have that one ready to go for a few years.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

BigTurn wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:05 pm
Agree. College is the pinnacle of the sport. PLL only had my interest for a bit when teams were aligned to colleges. Couldn’t care less at this point. Not to mention the insanely dumb face off / shot clock rules now.

Ditto on both posts. I watched parts of a few PLL games last summer and with the face off and shot clock rules, it looked like a cross between basketball on grass and a lax fire drill. The sport was not recognizable. I am very tired of hearing how this player or that player will perform in the PLL. Who cares?
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

You just know he killed the groundhog

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”