NCAA Tournament 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
The12lov3

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by The12lov3 »

How did SJF beat Wes and SLU? What was their gameplan? I did not see any of those games, just the outcome. SJF has historically been a team that has made it to the tournament but gets knocked out in round 2. They should be proud of their accomplishment. Kudos to them.
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

You are right - they are not the same team - they are pissed off and angry and have a major chip on their shoulder now with something to prove. That could go a long way.
I tend to agree with this. Though Tufts has lost a few games this year, if they play the Gulls in the Final 4, I would have to think they would get pretty pumped up to get revenge. If they got rolling, look out. If the Gulls come out and punch them in the mouth early, then that adrenaline might fade.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, as I would imagine Washington and Lee is chomping at the bit to get after the Gulls and St. John Fisher is on a roll.

It's the elite 8. Anything can happen.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

YCOLaxFanSU wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:42 pm
You are right - they are not the same team - they are pissed off and angry and have a major chip on their shoulder now with something to prove. That could go a long way.
I tend to agree with this. Though Tufts has lost a few games this year, if they play the Gulls in the Final 4, I would have to think they would get pretty pumped up to get revenge. If they got rolling, look out. If the Gulls come out and punch them in the mouth early, then that adrenaline might fade.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, as I would imagine Washington and Lee is chomping at the bit to get after the Gulls and St. John Fisher is on a roll.

Totally agree with you on that point. Tufts can't take SJF lightly nor can Salisbury take W&L lightly. Both very dangerous teams.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Having now watched a full Salisbury game, they are a full head and shoulders over any of the other remaining teams. I would be shocked if they don't win it all and somewhat surprised if any of the games are particularly close.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

SixBySix wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:29 pm Having now watched a full Salisbury game, they are a full head and shoulders over any of the other remaining teams. I would be shocked if they don't win it all and somewhat surprised if any of the games are particularly close.
Anything can happen. Not sure the other teams are ready to call them the champs yet.
CentennialPundit

Post by CentennialPundit »

SixBySix wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:29 pm Having now watched a full Salisbury game, they are a full head and shoulders over any of the other remaining teams. I would be shocked if they don't win it all and somewhat surprised if any of the games are particularly close.
+1
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

That St Joseph (CT) game really showed their uparallelled excellence I assume?
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:30 pm
That St Joseph (CT) game really showed their uparallelled excellence I assume?
I guess you missed the first quarter of Swarthmore game. Watch it a come back to us.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

[/quote]
I guess you missed the first quarter of Swarthmore game. Watch it a come back to us.
[/quote]

Hate to say it but Swarthmore just ain't that good so it is less impressive then it actually is.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

If the Gulls stay focused and win the battle at the X they are a juggernaut. They have the best coach in all of lacrosse and have incredible depth. No one can game plan and make mid-game adjustments that equal Coach Berkman. Yes - they can lose. Their record speaks for it self. Without a doubt, even money to win it all. Championships are won with defense(including keeper), and between the lines. Salisbury excels in both areas.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:40 pm
Motorman wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:16 pm I guess you missed the first quarter of Swarthmore game. Watch it a come back to us.
Hate to say it but Swarthmore just ain't that good so it is less impressive then it actually is.
So we can then agree that Endicott, who beat Bowdoin by 3, and who Swarthmore smoked by 5, is ALSO “ain’t that good”?
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:44 pm
Motorman wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:16 pm I guess you missed the first quarter of Swarthmore game. Watch it a come back to us.
So we can then agree that Endicott, who beat Bowdoin by 3, and who Swarthmore smoked by 5, is ALSO “ain’t that good”?
To be honest, I did not think that Bowdoin was going to get into the tournament because of the bad loses they had. However, they have a lot talent just under performed multiple times this year. Happens all the time.

Using the transitive property to evaluate teams does not make sense. That is like saying if Salisbury beat Stevenson 17 to 8 and Tufts beat Stevenson 27 to 8 then Tufts should beat Salisbury. WIsh it was that easy.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:53 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:44 pm
To be honest, I did not think that Bowdoin was going to get into the tournament because of the bad loses they had. However, they have a lot talent just under performed multiple times this year. Happens all the time.

Using the transitive property to evaluate teams does not make sense. That is like saying if Salisbury beat Stevenson 17 to 8 and Tufts beat Stevenson 27 to 8 then Tufts should beat Salisbury. WIsh it was that easy.
Forget the scores. I was getting at Endicott ain’t that good.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m guessing you didn’t watch that first quarter, you can also see a few highlights on ESPN top 10 plays from Sunday. I get that you don’t want to admit they are very good. Keep that belief alive.
ToeDipper78

Post by ToeDipper78 »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:22 pm
YCOLaxFanSU wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:42 pm

Totally agree with you on that point. Tufts can't take SJF lightly nor can Salisbury take W&L lightly. Both very dangerous teams.
No one is taking any opponent lightly. Salisbury, Tufts are just better than their next opponents no matter how the competition plays. When RIT-Tufts-Salisbury play one another, that's when things will get cranked up. Let's see who breaks from convention and deploys new tactics.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Looking forward to getting into this as the weekend gets closer! My general thought is that we are more likely to have exciting/competitive games in upstate New York than we are down in Maryland.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Salisbury is like a flywheel, set in motion 30 years ago.

The rest of us seem to ebb and flow based on the amount of fuel we can burn, but we always have to stop to refuel.

W&L is a proud program. Those boys will punch back. You never know, but it will take something incredibly special to upend Berkman, this year especially.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

[/quote]

Forget the scores. I was getting at Endicott ain’t that good.
[/quote]

Don't know much about them this year. They used to play the Jumbos very competitively so they were good in the past but so was Western New England. Thing have changed over the last few years. The fact that Tufts no longer has them on the schedule and they are 20 miles apart would suggest that they are not as competitive as they were in the past.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

[/quote]

I’m guessing you didn’t watch that first quarter, you can also see a few highlights on ESPN top 10 plays from Sunday. I get that you don’t want to admit they are very good. Keep that belief alive.
[/quote]

I did watch the first quarter. Salisbury is a good team - never said they were not good - I am just not ready to crown them NC. They still have to win and beat much better teams them Swathmore. I do think that Swathmore probably came out a little flat and got frazzled a bit so I think the score should have been closer.

What is interesting is no one is talking about how Tufts made Stevenson look like a 7th grade team. If you wanted to see a highlight real, re-watch the third quarter of that game. They had some sick goals.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

The12lov3 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:00 am Hate to say it but Swarthmore just ain't that good so it is less impressive then it actually is.
[/quote]

I did watch the first quarter. Salisbury is a good team - never said they were not good - I am just not ready to crown them NC. They still have to win and beat much better teams them Swathmore. I do think that Swathmore probably came out a little flat and got frazzled a bit so I think the score should have been closer.

What is interesting is no one is talking about how Tufts made Stevenson look like a 7th grade team. If you wanted to see a highlight real, re-watch the third quarter of that game. They had some sick goals.
[/quote]

Trust me. Swarth was not flat, they just had no answer.Regarding Stevenson, Tufts buried them, Agreed. Do you feel this Jumbo team is better than last year?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”