D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: NESCAC

Post by choochooCharlie »

RetroChode wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:54 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:14 pm
ah23 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:10 pm
ah23 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:37 am
The Liberty League is the top conference in DIII lacrosse now, and for the foreseeable future.
The first part is obviously true; the second part isn’t worth engaging with.
Hey, when you’re wrong, you’re wrong.
I thought they were the top conference at the beginning also but as the season went on and started watching games, it looked like there was a lot of overhype.Granted I was comparing to the NESCAC but what this demonstrates is how good the competition is in the NESCAC. Top to bottom NESCAC is still king.
Top 3 conferences’ champs are out. Gotta show up every game. But in the world of statistics, water always finds its level. 38% of the last 8 teams remaining come from NESCAC. ‘Cac has been, is, and will continue to be King.
Lol. Start the “should they have even been in the tournament” conversation. See how that goes
RetroChode

Post by RetroChode »

RocLaxFan wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:01 pm is the Saint John Fisher vs. St Lawrence game on the "Lesbyan" NESCAC Champions Cow Field or the turf today?
How embarrassing!!! If I was a New England kid I would seriously look elsewhere than the Nescac.
Good idea, especially if your kid wants to see playing time. Did you hire a consultant from the little 3 to get this smart advice?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

NothingButFaxLax wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:28 pm ... Roll jumbos.
No need for homophobic slurs.
RetroChode

Post by RetroChode »

NothingButFaxLax wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:28 pm Looks like the boys from Lesbyan weren’t well rested after sleeping in tents for the past two weeks.

Roll jumbos.
What does that make the ‘bos after losing at home on Pride day? :lol:
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

RetroChode wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:46 pm
NothingButFaxLax wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:28 pm Looks like the boys from Lesbyan weren’t well rested after sleeping in tents for the past two weeks.

Roll jumbos.
What does that make the ‘bos after losing at home on Pride day? :lol:
Lets keep people sexual orientation out of lax talk. Not really necessary. Congrats to Middlebury, Tufts, and Bowdoin. At least one Nescac team will make the final four.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Same jerk talking to himself through different burner accounts…
ergit

Post by ergit »

Only caught the last quarter of RPI/ Bowdoin game but I was really impressed with Bowdoin’s play. They showed both desire and execution.
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

ergit wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:28 pm Only caught the last quarter of RPI/ Bowdoin game but I was really impressed with Bowdoin’s play. They showed both desire and execution.
Wow great showing by the Nescac this weekend. I agree Bowdoin blasted RPI, what an effort. Midd clearly has worked out early season issues and that re-re-match is gonna be something to watch. I don’t see Midd slowing down Bowdoin this time around. Tufts on a mission now to clear the mud off their name. One solid day against the Gulls and Casey gets his first trophy (maybe an all Cac final?!?) Wes laid an egg at the worst time, but obvi SJF had themselves a weekend to remember.
TaborAlum97

Post by TaborAlum97 »

Long time 'Cac fan, first time poster here.

Well, well, well... Everyone thought it was a down year for the NESCAC teams, but we have 3 have teams in the Elite 8. Weslyan unfortunately didn't show up vs. SJF and I had them continuing and beating St. Lawrence, making the Elite 8. Tufts is hungry after losing to Hamilton and they are showing no mercy putting up touchdowns vs teams.

The real game this Saturday will be Bowdoin vs. Middlebury. Bowdoin looks like they have regrouped after only holding RPI to 5 goals. Middlebury also seems to have worked out their early season kinks after earning two solid wins this past weekend. Middlebury destroyed Bowdoin in the 'Cac tournament, I think this game will be much different, but I still have Middlebury winning in a tight one. What are people's thoughts?

My predictions this weekend:
Tufts: -6
Middlebury: -1.5
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

TaborAlum97 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:34 pm Long time 'Cac fan, first time poster here.

Well, well, well... Everyone thought it was a down year for the NESCAC teams, but we have 3 have teams in the Elite 8. Weslyan unfortunately didn't show up vs. SJF and I had them continuing and beating St. Lawrence, making the Elite 8. Tufts is hungry after losing to Hamilton and they are showing no mercy putting up touchdowns vs teams.

The real game this Saturday will be Bowdoin vs. Middlebury. Bowdoin looks like they have regrouped after only holding RPI to 5 goals. Middlebury also seems to have worked out their early season kinks after earning two solid wins this past weekend. Middlebury destroyed Bowdoin in the 'Cac tournament, I think this game will be much different, but I still have Middlebury winning in a tight one. What are people's thoughts?

The results from the weekend certainly reflect the earlier comments about each of theses teams having the propensity to lay an egg at any time, although, I am undecided as to whether Wes laid an egg, or if they were simply overachieving for a stretch. As for Midd/Bowdoin, having watched both teams play this season, my takeaway was that Bowdoin was the more complete team, but the head-to-head results suggest otherwise. The game is definitely a toss-up, but Bowdoin may have an edge emotionally having suffered the loss in the tournament.
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

shorelax12 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 pm
TaborAlum97 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:34 pm Long time 'Cac fan, first time poster here.

The results from the weekend certainly reflect the earlier comments about each of theses teams having the propensity to lay an egg at any time, although, I am undecided as to whether Wes laid an egg, or if they were simply overachieving for a stretch. As for Midd/Bowdoin, having watched both teams play this season, my takeaway was that Bowdoin was the more complete team, but the head-to-head results suggest otherwise. The game is definitely a toss-up, but Bowdoin may have an edge emotionally having suffered the loss in the tournament.
Looks like Bowdoin won handily early in the season 16-10, then lost 17-9 in the tourney. So head to head looks very even. Plus both were in a groove this past weekend. My guess is not a 1 or 2 goal game, rather more of the same where one team has complete control of the game all game. Seemingly the pressure is on both coaches and their game plan.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

What's odd is Barnard didn't play when Bowdoin beat Midd....but did when they lost? FOGO's and Goalies are always the big X factor down the stretch...
choochooCharlie

I gotta hand it to the Middlebury players. They saw their coach’s predicament, and have really rallied behind him. I’m even tempted to give them the edge in this one. An animal is never more dangerous than when it’s injured - Panthers included.

#RollCNU #Bates4eva #downyear
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:29 am
callaxdad wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:16 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:12 pm
NNELax wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:45 pm The NESCAC Thread Image
:lol: Love it.

“Hey, you scratched my anchor!”
I want a hamburger, no a cheeseburger, I want a hot dog I want a milkshake I want potato chips…..choochooRichie you’ll get nothing and like it!!! Haha!! $100 says ccR picks his nose!! He ate it!! 🤣🤣
Do you get a free bowl of soup with that tufts hat?
Oh, It looks good on you though. ;)
ah23 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:06 pm Just to be blunt...basically every issue in this forum over the past three months has been caused by a single account (and, technically, its alts) that breaks site rules over and over again
I have already articulated how this discussion came about; by multiple posters (yourself included) taking shots at me after the selection show, to which I am replying. You don’t want me on here, but you keep summoning me back because you can’t handle someone not submitting to your ever present desire to be viewed as correct.

Now you can go ahead and articulate what “site rules” you keep saying I have broken. It’s a discussion, and because I don’t yield to you, you want me gone. That’s it, disagreeing with YOU isn’t trolling, but you want to frame it as such to remove me. Forums aren’t the place for you, that’s clear. Strap on a helmet. Life’s tough.
callaxdad wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:38 pm True fact. choochooCharlie is nothing more than an NESCAC agitator (jerk? Troll?!! Haha) who is a self proclaimed Chrissy Newpunk supporter who disparages the NESCAC at any opportunity. Personally, I really don’t have a problem with that, I’m all about free speech provided it’s not profane
Name calling won’t get you anywhere. And don’t forget Bates. Huge Bates guy here.
So, sorry for the lack of activity recently, been a little busy watching the Bos run roughshod over some pretty decent teams. Two things, first, you preaching about name calling is absolutely hysterical (you jerk!!!haha!!!) Second, the Bates revelation explains lots, can I start a GoFundMe page for your therapy needs?!?!! Haha!! Lastly, I don't think you're a Huge Bates guy, rather a somewhat little Bates guy.... prolly 5'4", 5'5" ish right? LMFAO!!! Roll Bos! (let me apologize to all of the dudes here who don't like the trash talking/how this has gone downhill this year etc. etc., my bad but choochooRichie has been insufferable)
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

I just hope the Jumbos are ready for SJF on Sat. Based on the previous two games, it looks like they are on a mission. Wouldn't it be nice to avenge the NC loss to Salisbury. Even if they don't win it all, that game would make this "Down Year" that much sweeter. In any case, we have 3 NESCAC teams in the Elite 8 with both Tufts, Middlebury and Bowdoin still remaining. Lots of lacrosse left. Good Luck for the remainder of the tournament.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:35 pm I gotta hand it to the Middlebury players. They saw their coach’s predicament, and have really rallied behind him. I’m even tempted to give them the edge in this one. An animal is never more dangerous than when it’s injured - Panthers included.

#RollCNU #Bates4eva #downyear
Oh yes, thats exactly what happened, you are so prescient!! haha!! Nice attempt at a backhanded compliment. Dude, just admit it,you were wrong about Midd this year and move on....but, I doubt thats possible.
choochooCharlie

I read it once that success is a spectrum, not some binary construct.

If Tufts was smoking teams last year and never dropped a reg season game, then their record to date is down from that. They were in the NC last year. If they don’t make that, then their years end results are down as well.

If Bowdoin’s record isn’t what it was last year, their record is down

If Amherst was better last year than they were this year, they’re down.

I mean, with out going piece by piece through the whole conference to simplify it for those struggling to grasp, I would say Hamilton and Wesleyan are up, and quite literally everyone else is down, relative to last years results or records. It is what it is. They’ve made the most of the #downyear, and perhaps they can swing this into an up year in 2025. But RELATIVE to their previous years’ strength, as a conference they’re down by their standards. (Take the positive spin that their history is so strong that this is a #downyear, but understand that this. is. a. down. year. Hard stop)
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:58 pm I just hope the Jumbos are ready for SJF on Sat. Based on the previous two games, it looks like they are on a mission. Wouldn't it be nice to avenge the NC loss to Salisbury. Even if they don't win it all, that game would make this "Down Year" that much sweeter. In any case, we have 3 NESCAC teams in the Elite 8 with both Tufts, Middlebury and Bowdoin still remaining. Lots of lacrosse left. Good Luck for the remainder of the tournament.
I agree, hugely successful your for the Bos regardless what happens here on out. Total rebuilding year, lost our entire attack, something like 700 points!! To make it this far with a young team is amazing, anything else is icing on the cake!!

Roll Bos!!
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 pm my bad but choochooRichie has been insufferable
Who run NESCACtown?

choochoo run NESCACtown.
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:18 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:58 pm I just hope the Jumbos are ready for SJF on Sat. Based on the previous two games, it looks like they are on a mission. Wouldn't it be nice to avenge the NC loss to Salisbury. Even if they don't win it all, that game would make this "Down Year" that much sweeter. In any case, we have 3 NESCAC teams in the Elite 8 with both Tufts, Middlebury and Bowdoin still remaining. Lots of lacrosse left. Good Luck for the remainder of the tournament.
I agree, hugely successful your for the Bos regardless what happens here on out. Total rebuilding year, lost our entire attack, something like 700 points!! To make it this far with a young team is amazing, anything else is icing on the cake!!

Roll Bos!!
Amazing, and somehow still down

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”