Laxguy703 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:02 pm
LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:20 pm
LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:00 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:40 pm
LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:54 pm
BigMoose9 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:45 pm
LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:52 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:38 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:28 pm CNU community! I know you didn't have a choice in the matter, in terms of playing Cabrini, but I'm still thankful for the contest. Best of luck tomorrow and in the seasons to follow. Great things to come for your Captains. MT is a gem.
Nothing false about them.
Respect.
Your boys got a raw deal, but there is so much more to learn from sports than Ws and Ls and Xs and Os.
I think they’ve shown that they’ve learned quite a bit, and will come out of this situation better for it (In way more important aspects of life than lacrosse).
CNU doesn’t deserve to win this game. Disappointed in the lack of discipline from the coaches and captains of this team. Players violate the rules including some of the captains themselves and it is pushed under the rug. No accountability. And that is exactly how they play. The coaches can’t or don’t adjust during the game and wait until halftime to make any changes. If CNU makes it out of this weekend, RIT will win comfortably next Saturday.
How would you know how the situation was handled internally? I remember a bunch of players being suspended for a game a few weeks back. Not sure what the issue was off the field, but to say they deserve to lose because some college kids made a mistake and violated a team rule is pretty ridiculous and an unfair thing to say.
It sent exactly the wrong message to the team imo. And they have been playing undisciplined ball ever since.
Please stop spreading false rumors lol
Nothing false about them
As someone who knows the whole story, there is a lot of things false about the stuff you have posted. Stop being a troll and post about lacrosse.
It is about lacrosse. It’s probably one of your kids involved which is why you don’t want to talk about it. Not a troll. Just an opinion. Sorry you don’t like the truth.
I don’t have a kid on the team lol. Good friends with a lot of people in the program and have my sources to know you’re trolling.

No truth in what you’re saying.
Then all your info is 2nd hand. Your friends are lying or misleading you. Every word is truth. Tell me what’s not true? You can’t bc you have no idea. Maybe it’s your friends that have kids involved and they don’t want it discussed. Either way, you have no clue.
Laxguy703

Re: CNU 2024

Post by Laxguy703 »

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:27 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:07 pm
LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:43 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:28 pm CNU community! I know you didn't have a choice in the matter, in terms of playing Cabrini, but I'm still thankful for the contest. Best of luck tomorrow and in the seasons to follow. Great things to come for your Captains. MT is a gem.
Respect.
Your boys got a raw deal, but there is so much more to learn from sports than Ws and Ls and Xs and Os.
I think they’ve shown that they’ve learned quite a bit, and will come out of this situation better for it (In way more important aspects of life than lacrosse).
CNU doesn’t deserve to win this game. Disappointed in the lack of discipline from the coaches and captains of this team. Players violate the rules including some of the captains themselves and it is pushed under the rug. No accountability. And that is exactly how they play. The coaches can’t or don’t adjust during the game and wait until halftime to make any changes. If CNU makes it out of this weekend, RIT will win comfortably next Saturday.
How would you know how the situation was handled internally? I remember a bunch of players being suspended for a game a few weeks back. Not sure what the issue was off the field, but to say they deserve to lose because some college kids made a mistake and violated a team rule is pretty ridiculous and an unfair thing to say.
It sent exactly the wrong message to the team imo. And they have been playing undisciplined ball ever since.
Nothing false about them
As someone who knows the whole story, there is a lot of things false about the stuff you have posted. Stop being a troll and post about lacrosse.
It is about lacrosse. It’s probably one of your kids involved which is why you don’t want to talk about it. Not a troll. Just an opinion. Sorry you don’t like the truth.
I don’t have a kid on the team lol. Good friends with a lot of people in the program and have my sources to know you’re trolling.

Then all your info is 2nd hand. Your friends are lying or misleading you. Every word is truth. Tell me what’s not true? You can’t bc you have no idea. Maybe it’s your friends that have kids involved and they don’t want it discussed. Either way, you have no clue.
You’re definitely trolling lol
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

Classy move by the Captains at the end of the game with Cabrini. They waited at the field exit and applauded as the Cavaliers walked off a lacrosse field for the last time. Thank you Christopher Newport!

Roll Cavs Forever!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Thank you CNU! Our game is so incredible. That was a tough matchup for our dudes. Give em hell the rest of the way!
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:46 pm
LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:27 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:07 pm
LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:43 pm
Respect.
Nothing false about them

You’re definitely trolling lol
And you definitely have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry that my post upset you. I didn’t know you were that soft.
Lacrossefan25

Post by Lacrossefan25 »

Will someone say what happened? Who was suspended? Why?
SemperFiUSMC1008

Post by SemperFiUSMC1008 »

Enough of the nonsense!! Lets get back to lacrosse . . . Great win yesterday and keep taking care of business!!!! Go Captains!
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

Keeping up with the Captains was getting stale...

Anyone have insight on why Steven's is running (effectively) a shortie on cook?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Notgoodatlax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:14 pm Keeping up with the Captains was getting stale...

He's an all-american HM, 1st team all conf. He's big and very good.
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

Makes sense - been really impressive especially with the 2nd q closeout with no slide.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Notgoodatlax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:26 pm Makes sense - been really impressive especially with the 2nd q closeout with no slide.
Very good athlete, good FB player.
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

Notgoodatlax wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:14 pm Keeping up with the Captains was getting stale...

Cook has been causing Stevens to slide constantly. He's (smartly) moving the ball well when the slide comes and creating opportunities for the rest of the offense. Seems to be working out well for the offense as a whole.
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

For a defense that has tons of individual talent but has looked disjointed as a unit all year, this was their best performance yet. Better late than never I guess.

Having not watched Stevens play this year, I was expecting more from them just based on the chatter in the forum. Maybe the travel and back-to-back fatigue stacking up, or perhaps just a bad matchup?

After a rocky regular season, CNU has to be thrilled to be back in the mix in the elite 8!
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

Great lacrosse from the Captains this weekend. Going into this playoffs I think people underestimated how important experience is. Playing in the playoffs is a different experience from a regular season game and if you’re not prepared for the bright lights of a win or go home game, it can be tough to settle yourself down. These seniors have played in 12 NCAA playoff games and know what it takes to succeed in May. That experience showed today. CNU played inspired lacrosse and brought the energy. Defense played extremely well and offense dominated. If it weren’t for a 17 save day from the Stevens keeper, it could’ve been a 18-5 type game.

Can’t wait to watch next weekends matchup. If the Captains play like they did today then it will be anyone’s game. CNU handled RIT in last year’s game 15-10 and it will be a lot of the same faces this year. Cook needs to assert himself like last year when he scored 6(!!) goals on RIT’s 1st team AA, Mike Grace.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

They are done winning this year.
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

Last year means nothing...
RIT is ready to roll on offense. I'm looking at a high scoring game, 19-15 RIT. Both defenses won't be able to stop the other, I just think RIT has a few more weapons
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Congrats to the Captains on making their 4th straight Elite 8 and seeking their 3rd final four in the last 4 years. Going to be a good one up in Rochester. Based on the upsets we’ve seen so far this tournament, this is anyone’s game.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

BigMoose9 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm Congrats to the Captains on making their 4th straight Elite 8 and seeking their 3rd final four in the last 4 years. Going to be a good one up in Rochester. Based on the upsets we’ve seen so far this tournament, this is anyone’s game.
Exactly. The consistent success for the last 4 years is exemplary
ergit

Post by ergit »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:39 pm
BigMoose9 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm Congrats to the Captains on making their 4th straight Elite 8 and seeking their 3rd final four in the last 4 years. Going to be a good one up in Rochester. Based on the upsets we’ve seen so far this tournament, this is anyone’s game.
It’ll be a good game and could go either way. CNU winning wouldn’t be an upset at this stage. These two teams are both a product of a long-term commitment to building a consistent winning culture and identity.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

ergit wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:03 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:39 pm
It’ll be a good game and could go either way. CNU winning wouldn’t be an upset at this stage. These two teams are both a product of a long-term commitment to building a consistent winning culture and identity.
The boys need to show up. That’s for sure

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”