Israel and Zionism

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:28 pm Tom Friedman called it just a couple days after the October attacks.

Hamas is getting exactly what they wanted from Israel. Netanyahu fell for this hook line sinker by doing the outrageous things that Hamas wanted to provoke from Israel.

Destroying 60% of the Gaza houses, bombing 80% of the Gaza schools, and killing tens of thousands of innocent women and children. Can't think of a better way for the victim to cede the moral high ground and vaporize substantial international support from your allies. Regardless of the horrific-ness of the provocation, that response is just never going to be seen as justified.

Gigantic long term strategic blunder by Israel.

I believe one reason Hamas not only launched this assault now — but also seemingly ordered it to be as murderous as possible — was to trigger an Israeli overreaction, like an invasion of the Gaza Strip, that would lead to massive Palestinian civilian casualties and in that way force Saudi Arabia to back away from the U.S.-brokered deal now in discussion to promote normalization between Riyadh and the Jewish state. As well as to force the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Morocco, which were part of the Abraham Accords produced by the Trump administration, to take a step back from Israel.
That's what all of us said when this happened. Not hard to figure out.

Netanyahu plainly doesn't care what anyone thinks. Not even his own people.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Old Testament = eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth
New Testament = turn the other cheek

How did the US & our NATO allies respond to 9-11 ?
Who told us to stop ?

If the IDF stops now, nothing prevents Hamas from reconstituting & attacking Israel, again...and again.
The Arab states hate Hamas & don't care about the Palestinians.
When Hamas is eliminated, the Arab states will ally with Israel vs Iran.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:55 pm Old Testament = eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth
New Testament = turn the other cheek

How did the US & our NATO allies respond to 9-11 ?
Who told us to stop ?

If the IDF stops now, nothing prevents Hamas from reconstituting & attacking Israel, again...and again.
Same line of thinking used in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan.

Which means that if Netanyahu agrees with your view, he's never withdrawing from these parts of Palestine. See: the troops we left in the aforementioned countries for why this is the case.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Student Protest History.

The protests are getting worse at the schools that have brought the police in. What was a peaceful demonstration against a US ally starving innocent Palestinians and US abetment has been turned into a 1st amendment rights protest and is growing. This is on the heads of those administrators, overzealous police in some instances, and politicians of both parties. This is uniting the world's students, including Jewish students.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:32 am Student Protest History.

The protests are getting worse at the schools that have brought the police in. What was a peaceful demonstration against a US ally starving innocent Palestinians and US abetment has been turned into a 1st amendment rights protest and is growing. This is on the heads of those administrators, overzealous police in some instances, and politicians of both parties. This is uniting the world's students, including Jewish students.
Yes. The Columbia protests were fine until the President came back from Washington and call in the police to appease Washington…..then you started seeing these aggressive images shortly after that which turned public opinion.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Cool.

So let's go ahead and destroy the remaining 40% of the houses and the remaining 20% of the schools in Gaza. And bump up the women/children casualty percentage from two thirds to 90%. In fact, let's just get on with it efficiently and sooner. Just drop a couple of nukes on Gaza.

Who cares how many innocents you kill so long as you eventually off a couple of terrorists too.

P.S. Better kill off all of the 10 year old boys in Gaza too. Since today's starving Palestinian orphan is your radicalized suicide bomber in five years.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:13 pm If the IDF stops now, nothing prevents Hamas from reconstituting & attacking Israel, again...and again.

Cool.

So let's go ahead and destroy the remaining 40% of the houses and the remaining 20% of the schools in Gaza. And bump up the women/children casualty percentage from two thirds to 90%. In fact, let's just get on with it efficiently and sooner. Just drop a couple of nukes on Gaza.

Who cares how many innocents you kill so long as you eventually off a couple of terrorists too.

P.S. Better kill off all of the 10 year old boys in Gaza too. Since today's starving Palestinian orphan is your radicalized suicide bomber in five years.
.... clearly Bibi's plan from day 1 -- then steal the land and install his own Zionist Hamas.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:29 pm
ggait wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:13 pm If the IDF stops now, nothing prevents Hamas from reconstituting & attacking Israel, again...and again.

Cool.

.... clearly Bibi's plan from day 1 -- then steal the land and install his own Zionist Hamas.
Clearly Bibi's plan??? I didn't know you had the power to read Bibi's mind. I'm leaning more towards you pulled this brainchild of yours from the darkest, deepest and most malodorous part of your anatomy. I bet you didn't even wash your hands when you were done.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DEATH TO ISRAEL ☠️

DEATH TO AMERICA ☠️

DEATH TO THE INFIDELS ☠️
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:01 pm
a fan wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:31 am
old salt wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:23 am The new mythology. I fear for the future of Jews in America.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... -kaffiyeh/
You and your fellow writers would do yourselves a favor if you did just five minutes of research.

These folks have been around for more than 20 years. And they pop up when the region heats up. And stop getting headlines when the conflict fades.

Know what made them disappear from view for many years? 9/11.

Context helps. Acting like these protesters and phrases like "from the river to the sea" didn't show up until this past October show an unwillingness to honestly understand this group.

Pieces like these HELP the professional protesters, OS. I wish these authors would wake up and understand that, and stop giving them the fuel they want.
So the phrase " from the river to the sea" isn't something that the Average American should be concerned about? No big deal, nothin to lose any sleep over. It doesn't actually mean what the phrase implies. Anybody on this forum have any doubts about what Iran wants the fate of Israel to be? Anybody on this forum wish to stand up and defend Irans vision for Israel? Don't be shy, don't be bashful.
Are you on the payroll, the only issue is Israel’s lust to have 100.% of the land snd no two state solution, the state was founded on a shared ownership. Israel’s government has over the decades made living in it intolerable through laws, judicial action settler violence. Ignorance of history is a fatal flaw very common on the extremist right where alternative facts rule
old salt

Post by old salt »

Prediction -- Fatah is being rehabilitated to succeed Hamas in administering Gaza, in addition to the West Bank.

https://www.israelhayom.com/2024/04/04/ ... ecure-aid/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:33 pm
old salt wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:23 am The new mythology. I fear for the future of Jews in America.
You and your fellow writers would do yourselves a favor if you did just five minutes of research.

These folks have been around for more than 20 years. And they pop up when the region heats up. And stop getting headlines when the conflict fades.

Context helps. Acting like these protesters and phrases like "from the river to the sea" didn't show up until this past October show an unwillingness to honestly understand this group.

Pieces like these HELP the professional protesters, OS. I wish these authors would wake up and understand that, and stop giving them the fuel they want.
So the phrase " from the river to the sea" isn't something that the Average American should be concerned about? No big deal, nothin to lose any sleep over. It doesn't actually mean what the phrase implies. Anybody on this forum have any doubts about what Iran wants the fate of Israel to be? Anybody on this forum wish to stand up and defend Irans vision for Israel? Don't be shy, don't be bashful.
Are you on the payroll, the only issue is Israel’s lust to have 100.% of the land snd no two state solution, the state was founded on a shared ownership. Israel’s government has over the decades made living in it intolerable through laws, judicial action settler violence. Ignorance of history is a fatal flaw very common on the extremist right where alternative facts rule
Iran has made it crystal clear that their vision for Israel is total destruction. I don't know how many times they have to say it until you take them seriously. You brought in ignorance of history. You want to see ignorance of history, look in the mirror. Israel has been surrounded by nations that want it annihilated. Israel does what it has to do. Hamas picked this fight knowing exactly how Israel would respond. What Hamas didn't anticipate was Bibi wouldn't quit until he neutralized them.

Sure Hamas would love a ceasefire. That is not because they give 2 chits about the Palestinian people. That is because they need the time to regroup, rearm and reorganize. Why is it you and your buds have nothing to say about Hamas deliberately using the Palestinian people as human shields? Care to chime in on that or does the cat have your tongue. If Hamas wants to duke it out with Israel then they can start by coming out of their rat holes and fight like the soldiers they claim to be. Only effing cowards hide behind the non combatants and put them in harms way.

War is HELL old sod, the world is being reintroduced to that fact. Israel is bringing the fight to the brave Hamas warriors who cower in rat holes. Unfortunately their tactics deliberately put innocent people at risk. Hamas could care less because they are playing you and your fellow tool bags like fiddles. You are the useful idiots they desperately need. To make you even angrier, the fighting and dying will continue unabated until the brave Hamas warriors quit or are eliminated. IMO Hamas made a really bad tactical decision. They did calculate one thing correctly. Seven months after they orchestrated their massacre folks are blaming Israel for the attack and are holding Israel responsible for the fate of the hostages. Is that back ass wards or what? :roll:

The ultimate objective of any war is victory over the enemy. Fighting and dying to achieve a stalemate is idiotic at face value.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:36 am

Iran has made it crystal clear that their vision for Israel is total destruction. I don't know how many times they have to say it until you take them seriously. You brought in ignorance of history. You want to see ignorance of history, look in the mirror. Israel has been surrounded by nations that want it annihilated. Israel does what it has to do. Hamas picked this fight knowing exactly how Israel would respond. What Hamas didn't anticipate was Bibi wouldn't quit until he neutralized them.

Sure Hamas would love a ceasefire. That is not because they give 2 chits about the Palestinian people. That is because they need the time to regroup, rearm and reorganize. Why is it you and your buds have nothing to say about Hamas deliberately using the Palestinian people as human shields? Care to chime in on that or does the cat have your tongue. If Hamas wants to duke it out with Israel then they can start by coming out of their rat holes and fight like the soldiers they claim to be. Only effing cowards hide behind the non combatants and put them in harms way.

War is HELL old sod, the world is being reintroduced to that fact. Israel is bringing the fight to the brave Hamas warriors who cower in rat holes. Unfortunately their tactics deliberately put innocent people at risk. Hamas could care less because they are playing you and your fellow tool bags like fiddles. You are the useful idiots they desperately need. To make you even angrier, the fighting and dying will continue unabated until the brave Hamas warriors quit or are eliminated. IMO Hamas made a really bad tactical decision. They did calculate one thing correctly. Seven months after they orchestrated their massacre folks are blaming Israel for the attack and are holding Israel responsible for the fate of the hostages. Is that back ass wards or what? :roll:

The ultimate objective of any war is victory over the enemy. Fighting and dying to achieve a stalemate is idiotic at face value.
Post Wed May 08, 2024 8:10 am

Let me help you here. I am far more familiar w Israel and its people than your ahistorical self is or ever will be. The goal is peace in the mideast. Your narrow right wing crap is useless in that regard. You should not try to speak down to me from your lofty perch of bigotry and short sightedness. You know little and understand less.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OCanada wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am Let me help you here... You know little and understand less.
No personal attacks.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am

Let me help you here. I am far more familiar w Israel and its people than your ahistorical self is or ever will be. The goal is peace in the mideast. Your narrow right wing crap is useless in that regard. You should not try to speak down to me from your lofty perch of bigotry and short sightedness. You know little and understand less.
I don't give a chit what you THINK you know about. I spent 3 years as an 11 Bravo one papa. That is an airborne infantry soldier. I spent 3 years learning from the best in the business. When you pull your head out of your ass long enough to understand why William Tecumseh Sherman boldly and honestly declared that war is HELL then let's have a chat. Your whining and b***ing about the same collateral damage that has occurred in war for thousands of years. I'll ask the question yet again fully understanding your not knowledgeable about what war is all about. This question will do something your not accustomed to doing, hopefully affording you an opportunity to think.Why doesn't Hamas, the brave warriors that they are, come out of their rat holes and engage with the Israel army? That is what they wanted. Last question for you to ponder, why are the brave Hamas warriors using INNOCENT civilians as human shields? Even the Nazis never stooped so low as to hide behind civilians. For a guy who self proclaims to know so much about Israel your own words prove that you know diddly jack chit about Israel or about how war is conducted. Do more research before you make yourself look like a bigger ass than you already have. If your going to boast about your intricate knowledge of Israel your doing a primo job of disguising that knowledge. :roll:

Hamas is compromised of a pathetic bunch of cowards that are leading the Palestinian people like lambs to the slaughter. Why won't your Hamas heroes stand and fight?? Any answers or are you going to drift into an idiotic tangent about how much you know about Israel. Your own words bely the fact that you know nothing.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

admin wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:39 am
OCanada wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am Let me help you here... You know little and understand less.
No personal attacks.
Descriptive not derogatory; truthful.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:56 pm

I don't give a chit what you THINK you know about. I spent 3 years as an 11 Bravo one papa. That is an airborne infantry soldier. I spent 3 years learning from the best in the business. When you pull your head out of your ass long enough to understand why William Tecumseh Sherman boldly and honestly declared that war is HELL then let's have a chat. Your whining and b***ing about the same collateral damage that has occurred in war for thousands of years. I'll ask the question yet again fully understanding your not knowledgeable about what war is all about. This question will do something your not accustomed to doing, hopefully affording you an opportunity to think.Why doesn't Hamas, the brave warriors that they are, come out of their rat holes and engage with the Israel army? That is what they wanted. Last question for you to ponder, why are the brave Hamas warriors using INNOCENT civilians as human shields? Even the Nazis never stooped so low as to hide behind civilians. For a guy who self proclaims to know so much about Israel your own words prove that you know diddly jack chit about Israel or about how war is conducted. Do more research before you make yourself look like a bigger ass than you already have. If your going to boast about your intricate knowledge of Israel your doing a primo job of disguising that knowledge. :roll:

Hamas is compromised of a pathetic bunch of cowards that are leading the Palestinian people like lambs to the slaughter. Why won't your Hamas heroes stand and fight?? Any answers or are you going to drift into an idiotic tangent about how much you know about Israel. Your own words bely the fact that you know nothing.
Of course no one can know anything about this except you.

But i try. Brother in Law. USN SEALS. Team 2 then Team 6. UN in Sarajevo, Iraq, Afghanistan.

Best Friend D Troop 3/5 Cavalry. LURPs He is Thankful for all the men of the Doughboys, the Long Knives, the War Wagons, the Crusaders, the Scavengers and other support personnel for his unit. Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart. Declined Silver Star. Vietnam.

Daily- John A. USN SEALS Vietnam

Brother: USN Medic: deceased as a consequence of NAM

Rear Admiral James “ Gentleman Jim” Calvert

4 star USMC Lt General Platt. Next door home owner.

You neglected to mention years of service and where.

Basically your entire post was off topic and irrelevant.

My father served USN North Atlantic. Mother is in the Women’s War Memorial Arlington VA. She did triage during WW ll.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:56 pm

Of course no one can know anything about this except you.

But i try. Brother in Law. USN SEALS. Team 2 then Team 6. UN in Sarajevo, Iraq, Afghanistan.

Best Friend D Troop 3/5 Cavalry. LURPs He is Thankful for all the men of the Doughboys, the Long Knives, the War Wagons, the Crusaders, the Scavengers and other support personnel for his unit. Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart. Declined Silver Star. Vietnam.

Daily- John A. USN SEALS Vietnam

Brother: USN Medic: deceased as a consequence of NAM

Rear Admiral James “ Gentleman Jim” Calvert

4 star USMC Lt General Platt. Next door home owner.

You neglected to mention years of service and where.

Basically your entire post was off topic and irrelevant.

My father served USN North Atlantic. Mother is in the Women’s War Memorial Arlington VA. She did triage during WW ll.
Thank you for your family's service. My family has a long history of military service. We have a tradition of enlisted service. I served in the 82nd Airborne division. I was a member of A Company 2/508 Airborne Infantry. I made 37 static line jumps out of every aircraft that was available at the time. C119 ( old Shakey) C123, C130, C141, CH 47 ( great jump) and one jump from a UH1H. I guess somewhere along the way I understood what fighting in a war entailed.

My NCOs were all Vietnam combat vets with the only medal that means anything to an infantry soldier. That would be the CIB. It was the only award that ever meant anything to my dad. He was a dog face who fought in Pattons 3rd Army. The Red Diamonds to be exact. Do you know what division that was? They were a front line division from St Lo to Metz to the Bulge. I could go on and on and on with relatives that served. My Uncle Luke was an engine mechanic on Tinian. He repaired any engine that needed fixing. In his spare time he would paint the pictures on the B17 and B29 bombers.

I don't love war or glorify war. When it is time to fight a war you fight to win. Why do you think I keep bringing up that quote from WT Sherman. If people would remember that war is hell they would think twice about starting a war.

FTR don't think I forgot that you dodged my question.

WHY DOESN'T HAMAS WANT TO FIGHT THE ISRAELI ARMY? That is what they wanted. Patiently waiting your reply.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Withholding precision guided munitions will just yield more collateral damage.

Trump was impeached for slowing down the delivery of Javelins to Ukraine for a couple weeks, when they were not being used anyway.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-arms-e ... _lead_pos3

Biden Slaps an Arms Embargo on Israel
The President withholds bombs, large and small, to spare Hamas in Rafah.
by The Editorial Board, May 8, 2024

Call it what it is: a U.S. arms embargo against Israel. That’s the astonishing story this week as the Biden Administration confirms it is blocking the delivery of weapons to its main ally in the Middle East.

The Administration would like to focus on the denial of 2,000-pound bombs, which it says are too destructive. Never mind that a professional force can employ them in a manner that restricts the radius of damage. Mr. Biden is also halting a shipment of 500-pound bombs and holding up Joint Direct Attack Munitions, which convert unguided bombs into precision “smart” bombs. Politico reports that Small Diameter Bombs are being withheld. The Journal adds that the Biden Administration has been sitting on a deal that includes tank shells and mortar rounds.

The message from the White House, in other words, is that Israel shouldn’t have large bombs or small bombs, dumb bombs or smart bombs, and let it do without tanks and artillery too. Now isn’t a good time to send the weapons, you see, because Israel would use them.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and other U.S. officials explain that the goal of the embargo—which they present as a “pause” or “review”—is to prevent a wider Israeli attack on the Hamas stronghold of Rafah. This is the terrorists’ reward for using civilians as human shields.

We’ve written about why Rafah must fall: It is home to Hamas’s leaders, hostages and four military battalions. If Israel can’t complete its invasion of Rafah, Hamas wins. “I refuse to let that happen,” Mr. Biden said on Oct. 20, but that was when it cost the President nothing, before the anti-Israel vote in Dearborn, Mich., had entered the national political conversation. Mr. Biden also promised to make sure Israelis “have what they need to protect their people today and always,” a repetition of his pledges on Oct. 7 and Oct. 10 that had so moved the Israeli people.

No matter how fiercely the President trumpets his “ironclad” support for Israel, his denial of weapons now puts the Jewish state in danger. Israel is at war, assaulted on multiple fronts. Denying it U.S. arms is an invitation to its enemies to take advantage, in hostage talks and on the battlefield.

It hasn’t been four weeks since Iran attacked Israel directly, in the largest drone attack in history, plus 150 or so ballistic and cruise missiles. Hezbollah fires dozens of rockets each day, depopulating the north of Israel for seven months and counting. The terrorist group and its Iranian controllers could decide at any time to precipitate an even larger war. Would it then be OK for Israel to have bombs?

Israel needs to be ready now, and its enemies need to know the U.S. stands behind it. That’s why Congress approved military aid to Israel in April, 79–18 in the Senate and 366–58 in the House. The overwhelming votes, including a majority of both parties, marked an important defeat for the anti-Israel left. Failing in its efforts to disarm Israel, the left lost. Now Mr. Biden is endorsing its policy.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

More and more ridiculous each passing month.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”