NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: NESCAC

Post by choochooCharlie »

8 loss Middleburg shouldn’t be there. Plain and simple. LOSING your conference championship means something? Is that what Midd hangs banners for?
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:42 am 8 loss Middleburg shouldn’t be there. Plain and simple. LOSING your conference championship means something? Is that what Midd hangs banners for?
clown (who's Middleburg?)
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:42 am 8 loss Middleburg shouldn’t be there. Plain and simple. LOSING your conference championship means something? Is that what Midd hangs banners for?
Ok choochooRichie, if Middlebury shouldn’t be there as you say, can you name 2 or 3 teams that were last out who should? Also, 6 of those 8 losses came against teams that are in the tournament and by a median of 2 goals. They played 9 games, half their schedule, against tournament teams, that sounds like a pretty tough schedule, one which you were poopooing. Admit it, you were WRONG!!! Roll Bos!!
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

I have to say I think Amherst got a raw deal. They should have gotten in over Noke but understand why the comittee did not take 5 NESCAC teams. I think the head to head really hurt them against Bowdoin.

On another note - How is the second weekend going to work? So will the games be at Salisbury or a neutral site? Given the bracket - it would make sense that they play somewhere in the PA area to limit travel but who knows. Anyone know how this works in the new format.
Jknows

Post by Jknows »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:24 am
On another note - How is the second weekend going to work? So will the games be at Salisbury or a neutral site? Given the bracket - it would make sense that they play somewhere in the PA area to limit travel but who knows. Anyone know how this works in the new format.
everything is at host institution until NCAA finals. As long as a school is within 500 miles, the NCAA pays for them to bus to host institution. Tufts (446 miles), Wesleyan (332), Union (384), Lynchburg (307) are all in that range. The NCAA caps player rosters, they aren’t going to shell out additional money for a neutral site for D3 like they do with D1 quarterfinals.

Endicott (466 miles) has to bus to Salisbury for this weekend.
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

nelaxman wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:44 pm Wesleyan is just absolutely rolling right now! So many weapons and really They are super tough on defense with an excellent goalie. They completely shut down the Middlebury offense today. This team has something special for sure. Definitely the most unselfish team I have seen play this year, Congratulations to the Cards on winning NESCAC Championship. This weekend was super impressive and this team has what it takes to win another National Championship.
FWIW - neither the team(s) nor the conference readily show goals against average (why is that not a relevant metric)?

By my math - Amherst (10.06), Midd (10.5), Bowdoin/Wesleyan (10.8), Hamilton (11.18), Trinity (11.5), Tufts (11.81), Williams (12.06), Colby (12.07), Conn College (13.9), and Bates (14.9)
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:13 am
Ok choochooRichie, if Middlebury shouldn’t be there as you say, can you name 2 or 3 teams that were last out who should? Also, 6 of those 8 losses came against teams that are in the tournament and by a median of 2 goals. They played 9 games, half their schedule, against tournament teams, that sounds like a pretty tough schedule, one which you were poopooing. Admit it, you were WRONG!!! Roll Bos!!
Amherst, Gettysburg

Oh, and Roll Bo’s?
They rolled right out of the NESCAC tournament, and QUICK! Too bad they still get a darling draw. Maybe it’ll take one more year of a NESCAC early exit before they fall from the selection committee’s grace… Maybe.

Then Region I POWERS, Babson and Endicott ( :roll: ) will take over.
choochooCharlie

Chipzhoo wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:57 am
clown (who's Middleburg?)
Classy
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Jknows wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:38 am
everything is at host institution until NCAA finals. As long as a school is within 500 miles, the NCAA pays for them to bus to host institution. Tufts (446 miles), Wesleyan (332), Union (384), Lynchburg (307) are all in that range. The NCAA caps player rosters, they aren’t going to shell out additional money for a neutral site for D3 like they do with D1 quarterfinals.

Salisbury will host thru to the final. Anything else is a travesty if the continue to win. NCAA will need to pay the tab but will cheap out on the accommodations. Motel 6 for Tufts and Budget Inn forEndicott. Salisbury fans lock out rooms in area far in advance. Room rates are very high on lax weekends,
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:10 am
Amherst, Gettysburg

Oh, and Roll Bo’s?
They rolled right out of the NESCAC tournament, and QUICK! Too bad they still get a darling draw. Maybe it’ll take one more year of a NESCAC early exit before they fall from the selection committee’s grace… Maybe.

Why are you trolling this forum, dude? Just routinely wasting your own and everyone else's time being hater? It's so pathetic, just get a life and move on.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
choochooCharlie

JumboFan4 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:24 am Why are you trolling this forum, dude? Just routinely wasting your own and everyone else's time being hater? It's so pathetic, just get a life and move on.
ah23 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:33 pm
SouthieLax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:32 pm For four months you chirped Middlebury. But they made the conference final. Then they made the NCAAs with a 10-8 record…because of their strong schedule, which you bashed.
pcowlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:41 pm Choochoo crying himself to sleep tonight. Why did the dead baby cross the road, Blaine? I would have put in Amherst over Bowdoin but that was a toss up, Midd was clearly going to be in once they made the finals. 4 CAC, 4 LL, the dominant leagues dominating the bids. As it should be.
Oh come on, how bad could one troll be?

Ah.

Looking forward to the excuses + doubling/tripling/quadrupling down.
I think what you’re trying to say is that I should just be the bigger person and not respond.

You’re probably right. The comments I responded to were silly at best. They know they were sweating before Middleburg hit the screen last night. Especially after all pumping the “5 NESCACs in” dream that someone predicted for the last 4-5 days.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Amherst, Gettysburg

Oh, and Roll Bo’s?

Not a freaking chance ccR! Amherst @ 10-6? Need I remind you they lost (TWICE!!) H2H v Midd. Gettysburg? Really, a team with 8 losses?!?!! They lost H2H v Amherst who, might I remind you, lost to Midd twice.....swing and a miss!!

One more year of an early exit? Its happened how many times recently? Really, one OT loss in the NESCAC quarterfinals, thats what you're going to hang your hat on. Your reports of the death of the Tufts lacrosse program are greatly exaggerated!! :lol: :lol:

Me thinks you have TDS..... Tufts Derangement Syndrome!! Roll Bos!!
Last edited by callaxdad on Mon May 06, 2024 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

JumboFan4 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:24 am
Amherst, Gettysburg

Oh, and Roll Bo’s?

Why are you trolling this forum, dude? Just routinely wasting your own and everyone else's time being hater? It's so pathetic, just get a life and move on.
Nooooo, don't go choochooDickie!! It's way too much fun F'ing with this delusional idiot and seeing him make a fool of himself!! Roll Bos!!
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:03 pm Not a freaking chance ccR! Amherst @ 10-6? Need I remind you they lost (TWICE!!) H2H v Midd. Gettysburg? Really, a team with 8 losses?!?!! They lost H2H v Amherst who, might I remind you, lost to Midd twice.....swing and a miss!!

One more year of an early exit? Its happened how many times recently? Really, one OT loss in the NESCAC quarterfinals, thats what you're going to hang your hat on. Your reports of the death of the Tufts lacrosse program are greatly exaggerated!! :lol: :lol:

You’re right. 8 losses is just too much to make it in. Now, where have I heard that before?

Will tafts beat the CLC champion this go around? Better question is will they make it that far.

I’m seeing some very sad dads over here and a CLC and Liberty final in the future.
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

Motorman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:19 am

Salisbury will host thru to the final. Anything else is a travesty if the continue to win. NCAA will need to pay the tab but will cheap out on the accommodations. Motel 6 for Tufts and Budget Inn forEndicott. Salisbury fans lock out rooms in area far in advance. Room rates are very high on lax weekends,
hotels are not expensive in salisbury. and there are plenty available within 20 mins.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:13 pm
callaxdad wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:03 pm Not a freaking chance ccR! Amherst @ 10-6? Need I remind you they lost (TWICE!!) H2H v Midd. Gettysburg? Really, a team with 8 losses?!?!! They lost H2H v Amherst who, might I remind you, lost to Midd twice.....swing and a miss!!

You’re right. 8 losses is just too much to make it in. Now, where have I heard that before?
yes, was pointing out how you contradicted yourself....toying with you, per usual...apparently that went over your head......
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:59 pm

yes, was pointing out how you contradicted yourself....toying with you, per usual...apparently that went over your head......
Will tafts beat the CLC champion this go around? Better question is will they make it that far.

I’m seeing some very sad dads over here and a CLC and Liberty final in the future.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

York is sitting home with the same record as Middlebury, and played a much more difficult schedule. All of York's losses,excluding Salisbury, were close, 1-3 goals. They beat 2 good OOC teams, W&L and Denison. Middlebury has "0" wins against good OOC opponents.

I don't think either team should be in, but why Middlebury over York?
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

AbeFroeman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:41 pm
Motorman wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:19 am

hotels are not expensive in salisbury. and there are plenty available within 20 mins.
Salisbury Women’s Lax also hosting same dates.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:54 pm

York is sitting home with the same record as Middlebury, and played a much more difficult schedule. All of York's losses,excluding Salisbury, were close, 1-3 goals. They beat 2 good OOC teams, W&L and Denison. Middlebury has "0" wins against good OOC opponents.

I don't think either team should be in, but why Middlebury over York?
Uhm, Middlebury beat St. Lawrence (who beat York), and who is better than W&L or Denison, and thus have the best win on the season. York did not play a harder schedule than Middlebury. They absolutely did play a harder OOC schedule but they need to because their conference schedule is so weak. They both played 9 games vs teams in the tournament. They both have 3 wins vs tournament teams. York's worst loss, Eastern, is worse than Middlebury's, Hamilton (who beat Tufts! and Lynchburg).

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”