Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Games Today

Post by DMac »

Well, need a kittle time filler, mlaxers delayed too.
I'd give dinner a pretty tasty, and the bread, my first
attempt, really good.
njbill

Post by njbill »

They are going inside. No TV?

I guess not.

Final 14-12 Cats. Izzy is now tied with North.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

NU. 14-12.
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

Sorry but I have watched and enjoyed womens lacrosse for many years , I get no one cares but I think this may be the final season. The Florida game today was gross at best. How many times do they need to flop or pretend they have been injured to recover immediately . The coach , players and parents are an embarrassment .
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

eastcoastlax wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:04 pm Sorry but I have watched and enjoyed womens lacrosse for many years , I get no one cares but I think this may be the final season. The Florida game today was gross at best. How many times do they need to flop or pretend they have been injured to recover immediately . The coach , players and parents are an embarrassment .
What do you mean - “this may be the final season”
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

eastcoastlax wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:04 pm Sorry but I have watched and enjoyed womens lacrosse for many years , I get no one cares but I think this may be the final season. The Florida game today was gross at best. How many times do they need to flop or pretend they have been injured to recover immediately . The coach , players and parents are an embarrassment .
why are refs so afraid to call these players out for flopping and embellishing??
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

Brownlax wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:07 pm
What do you mean - “this may be the final season”
Just meant last season I will watch, it’s also why I said I get no one cares . It gotten so unwatchable ,that Florida game should be watched by all the refs .The game is essentially over and you have a Florida flopping on what I believe was her 5 goal to the point the announcers were commenting on it . That coach is a disgrace.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Am I making this up, but didn't they make "flopping" a point of emphasis for the officials this year? If so, pretty sure I did not see it called once. Flopping and the constant grabbing of the head (when stick is below shoulder level for goodness sake...) drives me nuts too. Of course maybe I just want them to make it a point of emphasis lol...
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

spidey44 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am Am I making this up, but didn't they make "flopping" a point of emphasis for the officials this year? If so, pretty sure I did not see it called once. Flopping and the constant grabbing of the head (when stick is below shoulder level for goodness sake...) drives me nuts too. Of course maybe I just want them to make it a point of emphasis lol...
They 100% did. Been asking all season why it's not being called. They put in a rule for a green card for simulation or embellishment. I have not seen one handed out all season. The refs are refusing to enforce the new rule. It's the only way to stop all the flopping and they refuse to do their jobs.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

hmmm wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:01 am
spidey44 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am Am I making this up, but didn't they make "flopping" a point of emphasis for the officials this year? If so, pretty sure I did not see it called once. Flopping and the constant grabbing of the head (when stick is below shoulder level for goodness sake...) drives me nuts too. Of course maybe I just want them to make it a point of emphasis lol...
They 100% did. Been asking all season why it's not being called. They put in a rule for a green card for simulation or embellishment. I have not seen one handed out all season. The refs are refusing to enforce the new rule. It's the only way to stop all the flopping and they refuse to do their jobs.
+1!!!!!!!!!
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:28 am
hmmm wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:01 am
+1!!!!!!!!!
This biggest joke is embellishment is in the rule book because frankly it is just not called. Take it out if you aren’t going to call it.
VAMomGlax2019

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

They did. Last thing we need is another sport like soccer. The best actors in all of sports.
lax

Post by lax »

Anyone have any video examples of the flopping that you are all talking about? Would love to see if it really is flopping or not.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Penn are up 8-5 going into the final quarter against Yale.

Probably the most impactful game of the day in terms of the committee decisions tonight around seeding and hosting.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

9-9 Penn Yale going to overtime
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

laxlaxlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:34 pm Penn are up 8-5 going into the final quarter against Yale.

Probably the most impactful game of the day in terms of the committee decisions tonight around seeding and hosting.
After watching this game, it’s clear neither one of these teams belong in the top 8.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Fairfield goes down to Niagara. Seemed as though they were a lock for the AQ.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Justalaxdad wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:05 pm
laxlaxlax wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:34 pm Penn are up 8-5 going into the final quarter against Yale.

After watching this game, it’s clear neither one of these teams belong in the top 8.
Just curious: why do you say that?
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Just don’t think either one of them is a top 8 team in the country. I watch a lot of lacrosse games across all conferences and in my opinion, both would be lucky to finish 5th in the Big10 or ACC. They both are definitely tournament teams but neither should be seeded. Just an opinion.

Edited for the .500 part of it. That was a bit harsh.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Justalaxdad wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:24 pm

Just don’t think either one of them is a top 8 team in the country. I watch a lot of lacrosse games across all conferences and in my opinion, both would be lucky to be .500 in the Big10 or ACC. They both are definitely tournament teams but neither should be seeded. Just an opinion.
Yeah, hard to disagree with that assessment. I just think that both are good teams. My guess is both would beat Clemson, Duke, Pitt, VTech; not sure what they do against UNC this year. Penn did beat Maryland.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”