Coaches Fired for Cause

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FMUBart

Re: Coaches Fired for Cause

Post by FMUBart »

Brownlax wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:23 pm How about you guys taking your “lover’s quarrel” to private messaging. You can go at it to your heart’s content.
+1
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

FMUBart wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:59 pm
Brownlax wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:23 pm How about you guys taking your “lover’s quarrel” to private messaging. You can go at it to your heart’s content.
+1
Works for me; or change to hypotheticals not specific coaches.
Red4Life

Post by Red4Life »

laxfan1313 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am
ICGrad wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:35 pm
laxfan1313 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:07 pm OK I'll concede that it isn't "private" that Ben doesn't know why he was relieved of duty. Does that tell you why he was relieved of duty? LOL!
Well, color me skeptical. Ben was fired mid-contract. I simply don't believe he didn't know why he was fired.
Based on experiences at Harvard, my view is that he's deeply dishonest and self-serving, to the detriment of others around him including the players and other coaches.

But knows the game and can produce W's when in full command.
When you were a goalie, did you wear a helmet? Now you descend into defamation. After Harvard, he was assistant Coach for Danowski winning a National Championship and was later assistant coach for the USA team in the World Games. If what you say were remotely true, he could never have represented the USA as a coach. After he departed Cornell, a letter supporting him was signed by a large number of those who played for him. One signatory was Rob Pannell. Ask him his opinion. His tenure at Delaware has been blemish free. It now appears your opposition to Ben is personal. Give it up. All the innuendo by third parties including members of the press doesn't prove anything. This whole thread is disgusting and I wish the moderator would delete the whole thing.

Agree - delete this thread - I’m amazed that with conference tournaments in full swing - guys have the time and interest to debate these things

Generally speaking - College sports hold different positions of influence at different schools - the higher the academic standing amongst donors etc the lower the willingness of trustees and senior administration is to overlook athletic embarrassments - trustees instruct presidents - presidents instruct AD’s - AD’s fire coaches - story as old as time !

UVA situ a tragedy across the board - troubled athlete takes a life - another athlete takes his life - and troubled athlete rightfully spends his life in jail - tragedy

Cornell situ - players loved the coach - situation arises that some parents of frosh didn’t like - story hits national news following an earlier tragic alcohol related incident on campus - “Coach I’d like to speak with you privately please!”

Please let’s get back to the games we love

Let’s go red!!
ground_bull

Post by ground_bull »

This thread is a bunch of wet blankets. On one side, the sideline dads (either so far removed from game or never played) theorizing how they would handle a program as an AD in this climate; on the other side the wives of those dads yelling "stop!." Hey Doc, no one cares if you've been bumming around internet threads for eternity. Stop taking commenting on lacrosse so seriously that you think you can control the narrative. Applies to everything on and off the internet! I approve this convo and any like it! If you don't, well... find the next thread. Signed Laxpower OG, HOF reader, ombudsman.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

ground_bull wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:37 am This thread is a bunch of wet blankets. On one side, the sideline dads (either so far removed from game or never played) theorizing how they would handle a program as an AD in this climate; on the other side the wives of those dads yelling "stop!." Hey Doc, no one cares if you've been bumming around internet threads for eternity. Stop taking commenting on lacrosse so seriously that you think you can control the narrative. Applies to everything on and off the internet! I approve this convo and any like it! If you don't, well... find the next thread. Signed Laxpower OG, HOF reader, ombudsman.
I have barely touched this particular thread. Congrats on the HOF. That doesn’t give you the right to dictate commands to the sport’s fans, including me.

There are too many overly sensitive, whiny plutocrats in lacrosse. Anyone who has watched First Take on ESPN knows Stephen A. Smith spews harsher criticism every day against people in the NBA and NFL than anything seen here or on the old LaxPower forum.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Pork42

Post by Pork42 »

Solid beat down. Team doesn’t jell or travel well. Probably some solid drama behind the scenes.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

wgdsr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 am
OCanada wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:57 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:23 am
OCanada wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:32 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm
OCanada wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 pm
Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm Starsia: Had one of his athletes murder a UVA woman’s player. Not fired immediately

Pressler: His team hired a couple of cheap, low grade hookers on Spring Break which turned South

Thompson - Amherst: Players allegedly had racial allegations on dorms

Bates: Princeton, illegal elbow to a player actually playing?

What else?
Starsia - there was a lawsuit filed that pretty much tied UVA and Dom together for a time
shocker, ocanada back with this. if that were even remotely true, why did starsia's tenure end the way it did?
Shocker yourself. Them is the facts. Apparently i know the situation better than you do. You have continuously tried to minimize the reality. Call the Commonwealth Attorney if the same is still in office or the AD at the time.
so won't answer then? when was the lawsuit in the rear view mirror? and if they were tied at the hip to it, why was starsia offered a multi-year extension in 2016, but told he needed to drop his assistant(s)? because that sounds like the one thing an ad wouldn't have done no matter when the lawsuit was no longer active if what you're saying had any merit.
You are disgusting

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ju ... -rcna27069

Yardley’s mom filed a lawsuit which i understand goes to trial imminently
answer the question, then. if they were tied together (and still are?), then why was the extension offered only in lieu of axing assistants? because if you can't answer that, your premise is b*******.
Non sequitur and meaningkess. Ncs when you face tge threat of a major lawsuits and expensive damages you don’t want to have a split on defense you want one set of attorneys and one viewpoint. Then there is the issue of paying the expensive legal costs of defending if you are one possible defendant apart from the corporate team. Trump is discovering how expensive that can be.

Two houng people dead that should not be plus numerous other issues and you are still in denial denying their due.

I suggest you call a corporate liability law firm bcs clearly you are trying to punch up against fact and results. The legal system spoke. Does not matter what county the suit was filed in. Done playing your game. If you cannot understand that back to elementary school.
howdyyall

Post by howdyyall »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 pm
howdyyall wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:12 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:06 pm
howdyyall wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm
Brownlax wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:20 pm
Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm Starsia: Had one of his athletes murder a UVA woman’s player. Not fired immediately

Pressler: His team hired a couple of cheap, low grade hookers on Spring Break which turned South

What else?
This is a ridiculous post - admin should have it removed.
Looks like one of DocBarristers mentally unhinged out of touch twitter retweets or ‘original thoughts’.
Nah … plenty of ignorant a$$holes on this forum.

Look in the mirror, toad.

DocBarrister
😂 was waiting for King Clown to reply. Was curious how someone who describes themselves as a physician attorney or father looks in the mirror when only fellow clowns claim them. No actual father would be such a clueless simp

You have only posted 34 times on this forum, and you have the gall to insult forum members who have contributed to this discussion community for decades? Better yet, you think you can dictate what we should or should not post? F*ck off toad.

Go back to your parents’ basement, troll.

DocBarrister
Last edited by howdyyall on Sun May 05, 2024 7:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

howdyyall wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:17 pm

What else?
Looks like one of DocBarristers mentally unhinged out of touch twitter retweets or ‘original thoughts’.

DocBarrister
😂 was waiting for King Clown to reply. Was curious how someone who describes themselves as a physician attorney or father looks in the mirror when only fellow clowns claim them. No actual father would be such a clueless simp

You have only posted 34 times on this forum, and you have the gall to insult forum members who have contributed to this discussion community for decades? Better yet, you think you can dictate what we should or should not post? F*ck off toad.

DocBarrister
The fact that you think Ive only posted 34 times is a ridiculous notion. But considering I know who you are ( I have more friends withim JHU than you wish to know) and I’m not doing more then debating an idiot on here, consider yourself lucky. Time to take your TDS and put it towards actual progress, like warning people against Biden’s authoritarian leanings. Howver I expect you to not be capable of actual debates or conversation. Looking forward to making this personal against you
Are you threatening me?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

What else?

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
The fact that you think Ive only posted 34 times is a ridiculous notion. But considering I know who you are ( I have more friends withim JHU than you wish to know) and I’m not doing more then debating an idiot on here, consider yourself lucky. Time to take your TDS and put it towards actual progress, like warning people against Biden’s authoritarian leanings. Howver I expect you to not be capable of actual debates or conversation. Looking forward to making this personal against you
This is a CRAZY post and not what laxpower/fanlax is all about. I hope the admin gets involved in this one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

howdyyall wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:17 pm ... Looking forward to making this personal against you
No personal attacks.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:57 pm

What else?

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Are you threatening me?

DocBarrister
WOMBAT ?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”