D1 Womens Lacrosse
cltlax

Re: WLAX Bracketology

Post by cltlax »

eastcoastlax wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:28 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 pm
ACClaxfan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:31 pm Seeding talk

Based on this weekend's results, I think #1 and #2 are pretty solid, well 3-8 may as well be a crap shoot.

Here is my take of seedings as of now. (Keep in mind this is where I think seeding will end up, not what I necessarily believe they should be)

1. NW
2. BC
3. Cuse
4. Penn
5. ND
6. MD
7. Loyola
8. Florida or Michigan

I think Michigan and UVA pretty much played themselves out of seeds this weekend.
You can’t give Florida one ,RPI of 17 and SOS of 37.
But a QWF of 11 (and likely increasing) plus the biggest winning streak in lax.
Someone help me out QWF ?
Maybe = Quality Win Factor?
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Based on this weekend's results, I think #1 and #2 are pretty solid, well 3-8 may as well be a crap shoot.

Here is my take of seedings as of now. (Keep in mind this is where I think seeding will end up, not what I necessarily believe they should be)

1. NW
2. BC
3. Cuse
4. Penn
5. ND
6. MD
7. Loyola
8. Florida or Michigan

I think Michigan and UVA pretty much played themselves out of seeds this weekend.
Quality win factor. Its a key metric the committee loses. Pretty much gives you more points for top 5 and top 10 wins and takes lots away from losses outside top 20
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:10 pm

1. NW
2. BC
3. Cuse
4. Penn
5. ND
6. MD
7. Loyola
8. Florida or Michigan

Quality win factor. Its a key metric the committee loses. Pretty much gives you more points for top 5 and top 10 wins and takes lots away from losses outside top 20
What does Florida have 3 top 20 wins with 1 top 10 Take UVA which has 6 top 20 wins and 2 top 10. So Florida is 3-2 against top 20 and UVA is 6-3 .I get UVA lost to Duke but not sure that gets it done for Florida and I dont think UVA gets a seed . Where did you see this QWF Ranking ?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Latest Update:
https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... ert-levels

Evanston, Ill.

James Madison vs. Stanford (PAC-12)
Winner plays at (1) Northwestern (BIG TEN)

Notre Dame, Ind.

Jacksonville (ASUN) at (8) Notre Dame
Denver (BIG EAST) vs. Mercer (BIG SOUTH)

Philadelphia, Pa.

Sacred Heart (NEC) at (4) Penn
Johns Hopkins vs. Brown

College Park, Md.

Albany (AMERICA EAST) at (5) Maryland
Yale (IVY) vs. UMass (ATLANTIC 10)

Newton, Mass.

Princeton vs. Fairfield (MAAC)
Winner plays at (2) Boston College (ACC)

Charlottesville, Va.

Drexel at (7) Virginia
Loyola (PATRIOT) vs. North Carolina

Syracuse, N.Y.

Stony Brook (CAA) vs. Penn State
Winner plays at (3) Syracuse

Ann Arbor, Mich.

Central Michigan (MAC) at (6) Michigan
Florida (AMERICAN) vs. USC

Last Four In: Penn State, Drexel, Brown, USC
First Four Out: Navy, Colorado, Duke, Harvard
Moving In: Brown
Moving Out: Harvard
Multi-bid Conferences: ACC (5), Big Ten (5), Ivy (4), AAC (2), CAA (2), Pac-12 (2)
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

HARVARD BEAT BROWN AND MADE THE IVY TOURNAMENT. Brown did not. This makes me think this Jeremy fellow has either inside information or doesn't look at head 2 head. I just don't get it. Someone explain it to me like I am 5. Like i have been saying, DUKE beat Harvard, but is first out as well. This is insanity
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

flushlax77 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 pm HARVARD BEAT BROWN AND MADE THE IVY TOURNAMENT. Brown did not. This makes me think this Jeremy fellow has either inside information or doesn't look at head 2 head. I just don't get it. Someone explain it to me like I am 5. Like i have been saying, DUKE beat Harvard, but is first out as well. This is insanity
He's just a guy. The NCAA Selection Committee has the final say. We'll see who they choose.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:24 pm
flushlax77 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 pm HARVARD BEAT BROWN AND MADE THE IVY TOURNAMENT. Brown did not. This makes me think this Jeremy fellow has either inside information or doesn't look at head 2 head. I just don't get it. Someone explain it to me like I am 5. Like i have been saying, DUKE beat Harvard, but is first out as well. This is insanity
He's just a guy. The NCAA Selection Committee has the final say. We'll see who they choose.
He is just a guy, but Jeremy does a pretty good job with bracketology. He had the whole field correct last year. Not all the region assignments, but he had all 29 teams correct.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:47 pm
He is just a guy, but Jeremy does a pretty good job with bracketology. He had the whole field correct last year. Not all the region assignments, but he had all 29 teams correct.
Well, good for him and good for you. I don't see anything that I wrote that was incorrect. Nor do I see that I tagged, quoted or mentioned you. You know like, A-B conversation so C your way out?

What are you, my faceguard now? These little ticky-tack, nit-picky observations of yours lately... What's your issue? What's a matter, you don't appreciate the multiple olive branches I've extended? Just say the word and I'll remove them (and myself) from your field of vision.

hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:26 pm
Well, good for him and good for you. I don't see anything that I wrote that was incorrect. Nor do I see that I tagged, quoted or mentioned you. You know like, A-B conversation so C your way out?

What are you, my faceguard now? These little ticky-tack, nit-picky observations of yours lately... What's your issue? What's a matter, you don't appreciate the multiple olive branches I've extended? Just say the word and I'll remove them (and myself) from your field of vision.

Good grief, I wasn't responding to you in particular. Was commenting on the general thread. I'll make sure I don't quote you anymore.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:26 pm

Good grief, I wasn't responding to you in particular. Was commenting on the general thread. I'll make sure I don't quote you anymore.
Thank you. Status quo then.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:26 pm You know like, A-B conversation so C your way out?
This is a discussion forum. There’s a PM feature if you want to have an exclusive conversation with one person. What a childish tantrum.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:13 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:26 pm You know like, A-B conversation so C your way out?
This is a discussion forum. There’s a PM feature if you want to have an exclusive conversation with one person. What a childish tantrum.
Par for the course. He's truly obnoxious.
610Lax

Post by 610Lax »

The committee typically looks at how the team is playing at the end of the season and doesn’t weigh early season head to head as heavily as they would a late season game.

If you take away the name “Duke”, watch the team play and look at their 4-5 conference record, a 14 goal blowout in the quarterfinals and 1 out of conference win vs a non mid-major(Harvard, by 2 at home on a weekday) I can’t see how they’re even first 4 out.

That said, Brown doesn’t deserve to be in over Harvard, having lost to them and not made the conference tourney but if Harvard doesn’t play a great game vs Yale they shouldn’t get in either.

All three of these teams have had big game opportunities to seal a spot and have come up small.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

cltlax wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:32 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:13 pm
Par for the course. He's truly obnoxious.
Like a 12 year old in a 60 + year old man’s body.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

610Lax wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:45 pm
The committee typically looks at how the team is playing at the end of the season and doesn’t weigh early season head to head as heavily as they would a late season game.

If you take away the name “Duke”, watch the team play and look at their 4-5 conference record, a 14 goal blowout in the quarterfinals and 1 out of conference win vs a non mid-major(Harvard, by 2 at home on a weekday) I can’t see how they’re even first 4 out.

That said, Brown doesn’t deserve to be in over Harvard, having lost to them and not made the conference tourney but if Harvard doesn’t play a great game vs Yale they shouldn’t get in either.

All three of these teams have had big game opportunities to seal a spot and have come up small.
I understand why he picked who he did. I personally like to look at who had the highest top end. Harvard’s best showing might have been a one goal loss to Princeton or a one goal win over brown. Browns best showing was probably their one goal loss to notre dame. Dukes best showing was a win over UVA. For me, that’s who I would pick for the tourney. They may be inconsistent, but their best was better than anyone else’s….
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Based on a comment above. I did this without teams RPI listed so that people didnt go chalk based on RPI. Pick 2 teams to enter the tournament!

Team A:
Record:10-5
SOS: 26
Worst Loss: #28
Best Win: #25
Notes: Lost to Team B by 1

Team B:
Team Record: 10-4
SOS: 50
Worst Loss: #15
Notes: Beat Team A by 1, Lost to Team C by 2

Team C:
Record 10-8
SOS: 8
Worst Loss:#27
Best Win: #9
Notes: Beat Team B by 2

Team D:
Record 14-3
SOS:55
Worst Loss:37
Best Win: #30
Notes: Beat Team C by 1

Team E:
Record:11-7
SOS: 22
Worst Loss: #41
Notes: Beat Team C by 9

Team D:
Record: 12-4
SOS: 24
Worst Loss: 35
Best Win: #26
Notes: Worst loss is against a team that A and B beat
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

flushlax77 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:14 pm Based on a comment above. I did this without teams RPI listed so that people didnt go chalk based on RPI. Pick 2 teams to enter the tournament!

Team A:

Team B:

Team C:
Record 10-8

Team D:
Record 14-3

Team E:

Team D:

Thank you flushlax! I rest my case!
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

flushlax77 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:14 pm Based on a comment above. I did this without teams RPI listed so that people didnt go chalk based on RPI. Pick 2 teams to enter the tournament!

Team A:

Team B:

Team C:
Record 10-8

Team D:
Record 14-3

Team E:

Team D:
Who is Team B's best win?
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

spidey44 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:36 am

Team A:

Team B:

Team C:
Record 10-8

Team D:
Record 14-3

Team E:

Team D:
Who is Team B's best win?
Team A. #21

And team bs worst loss is to team c, whose rpi is 30, not 15…
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Based on this, and I hate this, tough NOT to pick team C. Still noodling who else...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”