NCAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
oldtimelax

Re: NCAC 2024

Post by oldtimelax »

I can see Goalie Patrick Shevelson from Kenyon making the list too....
hatinghayden

Post by hatinghayden »

Ive just gotten word that Hiram will be leaving the NCAC... in shambles, who will be my sleeper pick now. :ugeek: OWU- Denison rematch coming. Wooster and Kenyon just aren't on that level this year but an upset would be cool.
NeOhLaxFan

Post by NeOhLaxFan »

hatinghayden wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:14 am Ive just gotten word that Hiram will be leaving the NCAC... in shambles, who will be my sleeper pick now. :ugeek: OWU- Denison rematch coming. Wooster and Kenyon just aren't on that level this year but an upset would be cool.
That’s been old news and glad we won’t see your awful predictions
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

NCAC All-Decade Team announced....Ned nailed it for the most part...

https://northcoast.org/news/2024/4/29/n ... oK5ZQn4OJ_
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Playoff semis today. No surprise I’m sure that I have OWU by 5 over Kenyon and Denison by 8 over Wooster.

I hope the Big Red take notice of what happened to York yesterday in their semifinal game and don’t look past the Fighting Scottish Terrier’s! York was a 9 goal favorite by Massey and lost. Denison in a similar position. Go out and set the tone early - let them remember the beat down just a week or so ago and squash any thoughts of the same happening in NCAC tournament.
bulldodge97

Post by bulldodge97 »

Can't wait to tune into some NCAC playoff action tonight. A big key for the underdogs is to hang in the game for as long as possible to make the favorites tighten up. Don't know if you all remember but Wooster had Denison tied up 6-6 at halftime in the 2019 semi's before the Big Red pulled away. Kenyon has also had some recent playoff success, and a lot of their roster has experienced a playoff win and championship appearance.

Predictions

Denison 16, Wooster 12 - I think Wooster hangs for a good bit of this game, but it's tough to overlook the result from the regular season meeting. Wooster O was completely stifled in the first meeting, but I think they have enough firepower to put up some goals and make this one interesting for a while. Wooster seniors like Chandler, Dileo, and Steffen are not going to let storied careers end without a fight.

OWU 11, Kenyon 9 - I predict a defensive slugfest in this one. OWU plays such a tough brand that I think will eventually wear out the Owls. The goalie battle will be key. Hall has been a wall in net all season for Kenyon, so don't count them out if he catches fire.

Here's to hoping for some entertaining semi games. Cheers.
Laxgopher69

Post by Laxgopher69 »

A lot of so-called prognosticators have remained awfully silent since the Owls once again (I REPEAT ONCE AGAIN) slayed the Bishops at Selby Stadium. I currently am penning my thoughts on the game and have some revisions to make before I release my magnum opus. Until then, I anxiously await official statements @BoogerBoy @OldFartLax @Bulldodge97 @FannOLax @Anyoneelsewhospeaksdownonthisparliamentofowls
bulldodge97

Post by bulldodge97 »

Laxgopher69 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:31 am A lot of so-called prognosticators have remained awfully silent since the Owls once again (I REPEAT ONCE AGAIN) slayed the Bishops at Selby Stadium. I currently am penning my thoughts on the game and have some revisions to make before I release my magnum opus. Until then, I anxiously await official statements @BoogerBoy @OldFartLax @Bulldodge97 @FannOLax @Anyoneelsewhospeaksdownonthisparliamentofowls
I will not run or hide from a wrong prediction. Owls weathered the storm (literally and figuratively). 7-3 4th quarter is very impressive, and goalie Hall came up huge again. Kudos to the Owls

They have firmly planted their flag as the 2nd best team in the NCAC. We'll see if they can get over the big red hump on Sunday...
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Well the NCAC Final is set …. Denison will be hosting Kenyon on Sunday. This is the 11th NCAC Tournament and the Big Red will have played in all 11 Finals, going 8-2 to this point with a current 7 game winning streak. Capturing the AQ so often is a nice carrot for Koch and staff to dangle on the recruiting trail.

As for the game vs Wooster. The Big Red did a great job of jumping on Wooster early, going up 4-0 in the first 5 minutes. No doubt it had the Terriers saying “here we go again” and though they did manage to make it 4-2 at one point in the 1st quarter, Wooster wouldn’t score again until 1 minute left in the 3rd Q as the Big Red stretched it to 12-3 after 3Qs. Game over! Congratulations to the Fighting Scottish Terriers on a successful season.

On the other side of the bracket it was a different story. Oh poor OWU - another heart breaking loss to the Kenyon Owls keep the Bishops once again from reaching the Tournament Finals! I’ll stop there Old because don’t let it be said I kicked an OWU fan when he was down! All kidding aside Old, what happened at the end? It looks like the Bishop’s were up by 2 with 3 minutes left? It looks pretty even in the stat line - just 1 save more and one turnover less for the Owls appears to have been the difference. I’m sure OWU fans thought this was the year the Bishops would reestablish themselves as NCAC top dog - especially after Denison’s disappointing OOC results. I too was expecting to see them in the Final but this has been a season of conference tournament upsets across all D3. OWU is young and I fully expect them to use this disappointment as motivation in the offseason. They’ll be a contender next year I suspect.

As for the Final - Denison can’t take Kenyon lightly. They need to forget the 20-10 beat down they gave the Owls earlier in the season and apply the same mindset Sunday as they did last night. Meaning come out flying, get an early lead and don’t give Kenyon reason to think anything other than “here we go again”. Kenyon has lost this game the last 3 years so there is nothing they would like more than to knock the crown off Denison’s head. Don’t let them. All Denison’s goals are still in front of them. Even perhaps a chance at redemption from some early season losses. Play hard and win the AQ!

Go Big Red!
Laxgopher69

Post by Laxgopher69 »

Bulldodge,

I appreciate the acknowledgement of your wrongs. We all err at points, and no man can predict the future. If I could predict the future, I would've been long on Nvidia years ago and would certainly not be on this forum but rather holed up on a private cay somewhere tropical sipping boat drinks on a day excursion with the captain of my private schooner. RIP Jimmy Buffet.

BoogerBoy,

When will we cease to lament the falling of the old guard? Change is progress my good friend. Do we mourn the falling of the European system of fiefdom that forced people into lives of peasantry? Do we weep about the falling of the southern economic order or the "good ole days" of Jim Crow? Do we wish for the days of old before the fall of the Berlin Wall?

No! We do not! I certainly shall not! Change is progress. Accept this.

You do not acknowledge me, boogerman, a mistake, yet one I understand. Certainly, it was easier for France's ministers of finance and Louis XVI to overlook the bloated debt on the country's balance sheet and the hatred of the Ferme générale by the populace at large in the years before the revolution and before Louis met the Guillotine. Certainly, it was easier for Lucius Aemilius Paullus and Gaius Terentius Varro to have faith in their velites and infantrymen before Hannibal would ambush and slaughter them at Cannae. Certainly, it was easier for John Anticoco to dismiss dvd rental through mail and the internet as a fad when meeting with Marc Randolph and Reed Hastings. These were easy decisions, ones that helped them sleep, ones that had disastrous consequences. Do not acknowledge me! Sleep tight tonight and tomorrow with your sleep apnea mask fixed firmly to that famous nose of yours.

Your red have not seen the Owls in their all black uniforms. They look pretty pretty pretty good on these livestreams. Your red have not seen these owls as hungry as they seem to be, fighting tooth and talon. I hope to see you at Kynzlie-Hylbert come Sunday, Ned. I'll know you when I see you, I have faith. You'll probably being the guy with an old-timey hankerchief wiping snot off your booger filled shnozz. On with the Owls! Down with the powers that be!

Liberté, égalité, fraternité!!!!
Laxgopher69

Post by Laxgopher69 »

Excuse my shoddy penmanship. Correction: "You'll probably *be* the guy"

I also did not sign off. Apologies for this as well.

Best wishes,
Gopher.
MidwestSharp

Post by MidwestSharp »

Laxgopher69 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:09 am Bulldodge,

I appreciate the acknowledgement of your wrongs. We all err at points, and no man can predict the future. If I could predict the future, I would've been long on Nvidia years ago and would certainly not be on this forum but rather holed up on a private cay somewhere tropical sipping boat drinks on a day excursion with the captain of my private schooner. RIP Jimmy Buffet.

BoogerBoy,

When will we cease to lament the falling of the old guard? Change is progress my good friend. Do we mourn the falling of the European system of fiefdom that forced people into lives of peasantry? Do we weep about the falling of the southern economic order or the "good ole days" of Jim Crow? Do we wish for the days of old before the fall of the Berlin Wall?

No! We do not! I certainly shall not! Change is progress. Accept this.

You do not acknowledge me, boogerman, a mistake, yet one I understand. Certainly, it was easier for France's ministers of finance and Louis XVI to overlook the bloated debt on the country's balance sheet and the hatred of the Ferme générale by the populace at large in the years before the revolution and before Louis met the Guillotine. Certainly, it was easier for Lucius Aemilius Paullus and Gaius Terentius Varro to have faith in their velites and infantrymen before Hannibal would ambush and slaughter them at Cannae. Certainly, it was easier for John Anticoco to dismiss dvd rental through mail and the internet as a fad when meeting with Marc Randolph and Reed Hastings. These were easy decisions, ones that helped them sleep, ones that had disastrous consequences. Do not acknowledge me! Sleep tight tonight and tomorrow with your sleep apnea mask fixed firmly to that famous nose of yours.

Your red have not seen the Owls in their all black uniforms. They look pretty pretty pretty good on these livestreams. Your red have not seen these owls as hungry as they seem to be, fighting tooth and talon. I hope to see you at Kynzlie-Hylbert come Sunday, Ned. I'll know you when I see you, I have faith. You'll probably being the guy with an old-timey hankerchief wiping snot off your booger filled shnozz. On with the Owls! Down with the powers that be!

Liberté, égalité, fraternité!!!!
Ok cool, Denison by 10 lol
grelch

Post by grelch »

When did Kenyon become Owls? Weren't they Lords?
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

Good luck to the Kenyon Owls vs. Denison. I want to see a great, close game and let the best team win. Ned...I agree the Big Red shouldn't take Kenyon lightly....they fought and hustled and found a way to win vs. OWU. No sense revisiting what happened in the final two minutes, the Bishops players left it all out on the field, and you can't fault their effort, even if you hate the results. They are young and return nearly the whole team and hopefully Coach Planholt has another strong class coming in. Freshmen Beckstrom and Ross are the real deal and I hope they will garner some NCAC honors.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

John Carroll just won the OAC tourney.
hatinghayden

Post by hatinghayden »

FannOLax wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:39 pm John Carroll just won the OAC tourney.
Looked to be a complete win from them. I wonder where John Carrol will fit in in a few years. Definitely top 4, but I wonder how much they will be able to do. Today's game should be a good one but Denison is gonna come away with it. Don't think the Owls have enough left in the tank after the amazing game on Thursday,
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Congratulations to the Kenyon Owls on a hard fought game and another excellent season. And congratulations to the Denison Big Red on winning their 8th straight NCAC Tournament Championship! And 9 out of the 11 contested, that’s a pretty impressive run IMO.

I guess the more things change the more they stay the same. The Denison Big Red remain the Top Dawg in the NCAC.

By winning the AQ, and depending on the draw tonight, Denison perhaps will have an opportunity to earn some redemption for earlier season losses and change the narrative on this year’s team. Can’t wait for the “second season”!

Go Big Red!!
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Denison goes to Rochester, plays Babson. Looks like this should be a good game; Babson played some NESCAC teams this year, with mixed results. They are in a conference with Springfield, while other conference teams are a clear cut below. If Denison beats Babson, the Big Red will almost certainly get a fresh shot at RIT.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

FannOLax wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:12 am Denison goes to Rochester, plays Babson. Looks like this should be a good game; Babson played some NESCAC teams this year, with mixed results. They are in a conference with Springfield, while other conference teams are a clear cut below. If Denison beats Babson, the Big Red will almost certainly get a fresh shot at RIT.
Haha … when I was looking for an opportunity at redemption I’ll admit it wasn’t RIT that I was hoping they’d see. But that’s putting the cart well before the horse! First they will need to get past Babson.
Babson is a very good team. I suspect Denison will be at least a few goal underdog at a minimum.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Nosey Ned wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:27 am
FannOLax wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:12 am Denison goes to Rochester, plays Babson. Looks like this should be a good game; Babson played some NESCAC teams this year, with mixed results. They are in a conference with Springfield, while other conference teams are a clear cut below. If Denison beats Babson, the Big Red will almost certainly get a fresh shot at RIT.
Haha … when I was looking for an opportunity at redemption I’ll admit it wasn’t RIT that I was hoping they’d see. But that’s putting the cart well before the horse! First they will need to get past Babson.
Babson is a very good team. I suspect Denison will be at least a few goal underdog at a minimum.
Had a quick look at the Babson roster. Man is that a large roster! 61 helmets! 17 seniors and 7 post grads. No wonder they’ve seen so much success this year.

Anyone know the NCAAs sideline limit for 2024? Is it still 45 including coaches and trainers? (36 players?) Whatever it us Babson will have a lot of the team in golf shirts in the stands! Shame really.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”