Re: Be better Merrimack

Post by Farfromgeneva »

coda wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 pm
coda wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 pm
coda wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:54 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:41 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:11 pm Boy this kid is wrong and it’s not good but refs should discourage choppiness seems a long way from training warriors. We’ve made this game the way that we’ve made pets useless in the wild.
I was thinking the same thing. We’ve taken a ritualized warfare training activity and turned it into something else.

However, probably better else one or more would have ended ip with no teeth. Oh wait, box lacrosse.
I didnt say it, but when I saw the post about lacrosse bringing people together, I thought of watching box at 6 nations. I totally recommend going. The craziest lacrosse fans you have ever seen. Not sure I have seen a more intense crowd at any other sporting event.
https://youtu.be/7o1gRu-QQVg?si=XvCmUx8dcmv-2ZLR
I have seen 8 year olds drop helmets and gloves in a bench clearing brawl. It’s rough up there
Never understood that. You want to remove your protection and throw down? Fine, go ahead and punch me in my face mask with your bare hand...

Me, I'm remaining equipped and keeping my club, er, crosse... Going to suck to be you. :evil:
That is a rule basically written in stone. If you keep your helmet and gloves on the boys will mock you for weeks
That’s cool-mock my while I’m out with your girl and you’ve got a piece or raw veal on your….

Hand
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
howdyyall

Post by howdyyall »

coda wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 pm
nyjay wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 pm So Morgan resigned. People happy about that or not?
Feels very Pressler like.
Not saying it didnt happen. Howver, i thought we maybe learned from the fake BYU womens’s basketball ‘situation.’

https://www.outkick.com/analysis/byu-du ... -media-mob

Until we see statements and proof from the offending parties, skepticism is bound to occur
howdyyall

Post by howdyyall »

And before folks get all up in arms, just remember we are still waiting for an apology and retraction from the PLL and its various ‘stars’ on the fake outrage it campaigned on just a couple short years ago

https://www.si.com/lacrosse/2021/09/17/ ... aily-cover

https://nypost.com/2023/08/31/still-no- ... in-canada/

Obviously, these PLL folks have conviently ignored facts. But should we be surprised bu anything less in 2024. It writes itself like a docbarrister imaginary outrage tweet 😂
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

howdyyall wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:28 pm And before folks get all up in arms, just remember we are still waiting for an apology and retraction from the PLL and its various ‘stars’ on the fake outrage it campaigned on just a couple short years ago

https://www.si.com/lacrosse/2021/09/17/ ... aily-cover

https://nypost.com/2023/08/31/still-no- ... in-canada/

Obviously, these PLL folks have conviently ignored facts. But should we be surprised bu anything less in 2024. It writes itself like a docbarrister imaginary outrage tweet 😂
Nobody has denied that it happened. Even morgan from what people are saying. The issue with morgan himself is between him and the AD and information has not come out. This is a false equivalency of pretty epic proportions...
FaceDodge

Post by FaceDodge »

Does anyone have a link to the game film from the Albany vs Merrimack game? That might at least provide a little context before we all jump to massive conclusions based on a he said vs. he said.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Nothing on the film shows Morgan behaving in a manner that would warrant discussion of him being forced to resign because of a physical altercation during the incident. What is not on the film is audio of what was said during the incident involving Morgan, his staff, the Albany sideline etc.

If I was a betting man, the AD and Coach Morgan had a discussion on how the school will be responding to the incident. Morgan didn't like the direction/discussion so he chose to depart.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

FaceDodge wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 am Does anyone have a link to the game film from the Albany vs Merrimack game? That might at least provide a little context before we all jump to massive conclusions based on a he said vs. he said.
it's on espn+.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

I really, really doubt he “resigned” to show how upset he was with the way the administration handled it/out of outrage for their lack of support over one incident.

I get it if he was outraged and didn’t like the way the admins responded, but dude has a family and kids to support. Do we really think he resigned?
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

SneaksBeac wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 pm Nothing on the film shows Morgan behaving in a manner that would warrant discussion of him being forced to resign because of a physical altercation during the incident. What is not on the film is audio of what was said during the incident involving Morgan, his staff, the Albany sideline etc.

If I was a betting man, the AD and Coach Morgan had a discussion on how the school will be responding to the incident. Morgan didn't like the direction/discussion so he chose to depart.
You mean besides laughing off the incident and continuing to play the player in question?
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

SneaksBeac wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 pm Nothing on the film shows Morgan behaving in a manner that would warrant discussion of him being forced to resign because of a physical altercation during the incident. What is not on the film is audio of what was said during the incident involving Morgan, his staff, the Albany sideline etc.

You mean besides laughing off the incident and continuing to play the player in question?
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Regardless, my comment was meant to say there was no smoking gun on film that makes it obvious that Morgan did something outrageous in the same vain as Chris Bates at Princeton all those years ago.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 pm I really, really doubt he “resigned” to show how upset he was with the way the administration handled it/out of outrage for their lack of support over one incident.

I get it if he was outraged and didn’t like the way the admins responded, but dude has a family and kids to support. Do we really think he resigned?
That has and will only happen once and that guy should have lifetime employment in college-Ed Stephenson at SUNY Binghamton who I know for a fact was on a rampage after their BB point guard was found to be a drug dealer and their power forward was a Slavic beast who put another dude in a coma. So they went way overboard and he had their backs.

But people with families quit frequently so that’s not a sound argument.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

SneaksBeac wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:49 am Regardless, my comment was meant to say there was no smoking gun on film that makes it obvious that Morgan did something outrageous in the same vain as Chris Bates at Princeton all those years ago.
I think there's a reasonable question of whether or not a pattern of incidents took place and this was the straw that broke the camel's back for the admin. Perhaps not on the same magnitude and visibility as this one but nonetheless also could be a possibility.
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

SneaksBeac wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:49 am Regardless, my comment was meant to say there was no smoking gun on film that makes it obvious that Morgan did something outrageous in the same vain as Chris Bates at Princeton all those years ago.
I think there's a reasonable question of whether or not a pattern of incidents took place and this was the straw that broke the camel's back for the admin. Perhaps not on the same magnitude and visibility as this one but nonetheless also could be a possibility.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”