NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
topstringking327

Re: NESCAC

Post by topstringking327 »

jumpman23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm
topstringking327 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 pm The Cardiac Cardinals survive a battle on the grass. The NESCAC runs through a grass field in the middle of Connecticut.

Tufts can’t get it done at home, and the NESCAC is open for the first time this decade

Bowdoin rolls the purple cows

A lot of tee times are being booked across the northeast
Anyone know if the semi-final games will be played on grass of turf?
Wouldn’t be surprised if the Cards play their game on grass and send the other game to the turf just because
Laxcity1432

Post by Laxcity1432 »

topstringking327 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 pm The Cardiac Cardinals survive a battle on the grass. The NESCAC runs through a grass field in the middle of Connecticut.

Tufts can’t get it done at home, and the NESCAC is open for the first time this decade

Food for thought:

NESCAC Awards:

POY: Will Byrne (Bowdoin): speaks for itself, best player in the league, excited to see where he goes next year
ROY: Joe Hurton (Wesleyan): arguably top 3 LSM in country as freshman. Kid can flat out play. I know this is typically a offensive award but Hurton deserves the win
COY: Tarnow (Trinity): 9 wins for a team that was projected 4… turned around the Bantams and made them relevant
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Hot take: a 13-3 team with 7 regionally ranked wins and D-III’s #4 SOS will make the NCAA tournament.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Meanwhile - I didn’t watch this game so I may be missing some context, but find me a more appropriate rivalry game finish than this :D

Bucket

Post by Bucket »

ah23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm Meanwhile - I didn’t watch this game so I may be missing some context, but find me a more appropriate rivalry game finish than this :D

I think it's more of a Trinity thing rather than a rivalry thing.

Same happened at end of game against Middlebury last weekend.

Little roosters don't handle losing so well.
Gqlaxer27

Post by Gqlaxer27 »

Gqlaxer27 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 pm
Gqlaxer27 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am Dont be shocked if the conts shock the world today! Stylistically, i think this matchup isnt the best for the jumbos. Hamilton likes to control the ball and let their goalie makes saves, so we will see if tufts is able to get up and down today. They were tied 9-9 deep in the third of the mustang classic, so hopefully its another good one!
lol. Never a doubt. Conts roll. Watch out for Memorial Day weekend
Final note on the game. Can we talk about the tufts announcers on the stream. I'm sure the rest of the league is frustrated by it. They were polishing tufts tips and gave no credit to the conts
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Gqlaxer27 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 pm
Gqlaxer27 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am Dont be shocked if the conts shock the world today! Stylistically, i think this matchup isnt the best for the jumbos. Hamilton likes to control the ball and let their goalie makes saves, so we will see if tufts is able to get up and down today. They were tied 9-9 deep in the third of the mustang classic, so hopefully its another good one!
Final note on the game. Can we talk about the tufts announcers on the stream. I'm sure the rest of the league is frustrated by it. They were polishing tufts tips and gave no credit to the conts
So, I can’t disagree with your comment. However, to be fair, they seem, based on their voices anyway, to be very young and thus I’m willing to cut them some slack. They’re not perfect but I believe they are trying hard and doing their best. I’d bet the pay isn’t the greatest either!! Haha!! Let’s not start to rag on D3 college announcers please….reserve that to Quint and Carc (both of whom I really like!!!).

I haven’t listened to many other NESCAC schools on-line broadcasts but, I don’t recall them being anything special either.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Props to Hamilton today, they came to play and won a hard earned victory. If anyone cares to remember, I said don’t sleep on Hamilton, they are much improved and a tough and gritty team. Tufts might (hopefully!) have to play in the South bracket. Can’t lose again!! Roll Bos!!
topstringking327

Post by topstringking327 »

Is Tufts still a lock for the NCAA tournament, and how does this affect the number of NESCAC bids?
Last edited by topstringking327 on Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

Excited for this upcoming weekend! The Cardinals will play Hamilton at 12:00 pm and Bowdoin vs Middlebury at 3:00 pm. If the games are on the grass field it should it should be electric atmosphere. Wesleyan always packs them in over there. Great to see changing of the guard.
Gqlaxer27

Post by Gqlaxer27 »

callaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:14 pm
So, I can’t disagree with your comment. However, to be fair, they seem, based on their voices anyway, to be very young and thus I’m willing to cut them some slack. They’re not perfect but I believe they are trying hard and doing their best. I’d bet the pay isn’t the greatest either!! Haha!! Let’s not start to rag on D3 college announcers please….reserve that to Quint and Carc (both of whom I really like!!!).

I haven’t listened to many other NESCAC schools on-line broadcasts but, I don’t recall them being anything special either.
It’s more of a bias thing that upsets me. Danolfo (and every other coach in the world) does a lot of complaining to the refs, and the announcers were acting as if he was correct on every call
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

Heading into yesterday, Tufts was 4-0 under Coach D in OT Games.
And 1 year later, Hamilton is on the right side of OT that continues and ends a season.

Bants may not have silenced every doubter, but left believers feeling positive with what's coming back in 2025
Tufts hasn't lost in the QF since 2008 (!) - they stayed home that year, but surely they are a lock for Pool C on May 5
And despite impressive wins from both this year - it feels like Williams & Amherst's seasons have ended.

My thoughts heading into this week

- Has the OT loss on 4/10 sent Wesleyan on a warpath that can't be stopped? They have scored 91 goals in 5 games; with the low being 16.
- Can a talent like Will Byrne bring Bowdoin its first NESCAC Championship (0-4 All Time) now that Tufts is out of the way?
- Midd has never lost to Bowdoin (4-0 All Time) in the NESCAC Playoffs - will this streak continue or snap?
- The last team to beat Tufts in the QF (2008 Williams) went on to win the NESCAC AQ - in a crazy 2024, does history repeat itself for Hamilton?

As for NCAA implications now that Tufts needs a bid...

Has the host ever been left out? Even with a loss to Hamilton, Wesleyan should be OK due to regional rank
Bowdoin really needs that Saturday win to sure things up - a loss + a Middlebury or Hamilton AQ will make it extremely close
Middlebury / Hamilton need the AQ despite late season wins.

I think if Hamilton (AQ) were to beat Bowdoin on Sunday - the NESCAC gets 4 bids (Hamilton, Tufts, Wesleyan, Bowdoin)
I think if Middlebury (AQ) were to beat Wesleyan on Sunday - the NESCAC might get 4 bids (Middlebury, Tufts, Wesleyan, Bowdoin)
If we have a Wesleyan Bowdoin final - they both join Tufts and the NESCAC gets 3 bids
JumboDeano20

Post by JumboDeano20 »

Long time lurker but figured to finally get on and join the conversation. So, was at the game yesterday and Hamilton played well and deserved the win. I think the hate on this board towards the student-athletes and coaches at Tufts is unfair. Every single team in the NESCAC gets as up as possible to play Tufts, they get everyone’s best shot. And they’re 13-3. 7 regionally ranked wins. Everyone said preseason that Tufts would be “down” but they’ve still been ranked in the Top 5 pretty much all year. Yesterday’s loss doesn’t change the full body of work this season. It’s also OK for these kids to have games where they don’t play their best. They’re not robots. Fair play to Ham, and excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. And about the broadcasters, they’re students at Tufts, obviously they’re going to be somewhat biased. It’s a student-run club that streams the games.
Bucket

Post by Bucket »

They're students. I give them a pass.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Bucket wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:32 pm
They're students. I give them a pass.
This. I'm no Tuft's fan, but I generally love it when there are student announcers - makes the broadcast a lot more fun ... it's DIII lacrosse after all. I generally mute the NSN announcers anyway since most don't have spotters (so they frequently mis-identify players) and many have only a passing familiarity with lacrosse rules. Just grateful that we have access to such great streaming quality for NESCAC games.
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

I love watching tufts lose. It’s awesome.
Nescac12001

Post by Nescac12001 »

JumboDeano20 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 am Long time lurker but figured to finally get on and join the conversation. So, was at the game yesterday and Hamilton played well and deserved the win. I think the hate on this board towards the student-athletes and coaches at Tufts is unfair. Every single team in the NESCAC gets as up as possible to play Tufts, they get everyone’s best shot. And they’re 13-3. 7 regionally ranked wins. Everyone said preseason that Tufts would be “down” but they’ve still been ranked in the Top 5 pretty much all year. Yesterday’s loss doesn’t change the full body of work this season. It’s also OK for these kids to have games where they don’t play their best. They’re not robots. Fair play to Ham, and excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. And about the broadcasters, they’re students at Tufts, obviously they’re going to be somewhat biased. It’s a student-run club that streams the games.
The hate is totally deserved. People don’t hate them because they are good, people hate them because the way they carry themselves and their cockiness on the field and on social media. Any coach posting what Jordan’s they are wearing for game day in D3 lacrosse is going to get hate. Nobody hates on Salisbury like this, even though they win all the time. It’s not the winning people hate, it’s the arrogance and classlessness that people hate. Rightfully so
JumboDeano20

Post by JumboDeano20 »

Nescac12001 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:13 pm
JumboDeano20 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 am Long time lurker but figured to finally get on and join the conversation. So, was at the game yesterday and Hamilton played well and deserved the win. I think the hate on this board towards the student-athletes and coaches at Tufts is unfair. Every single team in the NESCAC gets as up as possible to play Tufts, they get everyone’s best shot. And they’re 13-3. 7 regionally ranked wins. Everyone said preseason that Tufts would be “down” but they’ve still been ranked in the Top 5 pretty much all year. Yesterday’s loss doesn’t change the full body of work this season. It’s also OK for these kids to have games where they don’t play their best. They’re not robots. Fair play to Ham, and excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. And about the broadcasters, they’re students at Tufts, obviously they’re going to be somewhat biased. It’s a student-run club that streams the games.
The hate is totally deserved. People don’t hate them because they are good, people hate them because the way they carry themselves and their cockiness on the field and on social media. Any coach posting what Jordan’s they are wearing for game day in D3 lacrosse is going to get hate. Nobody hates on Salisbury like this, even though they win all the time. It’s not the winning people hate, it’s the arrogance and classlessness that people hate. Rightfully so
How is tufts classless? Or cocky? You’re basing everything you think off the fact that they have a a lot of IG follerrs, post highlights and have a coach that is active on social media? That’s absolutely baseless. Being around the team often, they are extremely respectful to staff both home and away, they work hard and celebrate after goals like every single other lax player in the nation. People don’t like the NESCAC, and since Tufts has been at the top of the NESCAC, they catch the wrath of everyone. Also, being on the sidelines this year within earshot of every player during games, other NESCAC teams talk way more crap than Tufts. I’m just saying, this Tufts classless thing is not factual.
Bucket

Post by Bucket »

Nescac12001 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:13 pm
I'm a Middlebury diehard, and I couldn't disagree more. If there is any animosity directed toward Tufts, it's because of how good they are. Period. The way they carry themselves? Cockiness? Please. Lacrosse, more than any sport, has universal cockiness—the chirping when teams take the field, sideline antics, etc. This is universal in lacrosse. Not so in hoop, soccer, even football. Those teams in those sports that do engage this way stand out—Amherst men's soccer, for one—for boorish behavior and deserve the disdain. Tufts is little different than any other lax team; the only difference is that they can actually back up their cockiness. They're that good. And that's why folks don't like them.

(Re: the Gulls. Again, in complete disagreement. I'm a W&L alum, and there was plenty of disdain for Salisbury down south during the past decades.)
10ManRide50

Post by 10ManRide50 »

Laxcity1432 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 pm

Food for thought:

NESCAC Awards:

POY: Will Byrne (Bowdoin): speaks for itself, best player in the league, excited to see where he goes next year
ROY: Joe Hurton (Wesleyan): arguably top 3 LSM in country as freshman. Kid can flat out play. I know this is typically a offensive award but Hurton deserves the win
COY: Tarnow (Trinity): 9 wins for a team that was projected 4… turned around the Bantams and made them relevant
I will eat my hat if Tarnow is voted COY. He is despised by the coaches in the league. His team is accused every year of being very mouthy and dirty. In terms of wins they do not play anyone out of league. And outside of the Wes regular season win (it was a great win albeit w/out Wes best player) name a big win that they had. Their emo offense is a joke and has been for years.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”