ivy league 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxfan1313

Re: ivy league 2024

Post by laxfan1313 »

faircornell wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 pm Some strong performances in the Ivy League this week:

Offense:

CJ Kirst, Cornell: (4,3) 7 points vs Dartmouth
Coulter Mackesy, Princeton: (5,0) 5 points vs Yale
Aidan McLane, Brown: (4,1) 5 points vs Harvard
Ryan Goldstien, Cornell: (2,3) 5 points vs Dartmouth
Sam King, Harvard: (2,2) 4 points vs Brown
Danny Caddigan, Cornell: (3,0) 3 points vs Dartmouth
John Dunphey, Princeton: (3,0) 3 points vs Yale
John Aurandt, Harvard: (2,1) 3 points vs Brown
Henry Bonnie, Dartmouth: (2,1) 3 points vs Cornell
Tommy Rogan, Dartmouth: (2,1) 3 points vs Cornell
Jack Speidell, Harvard: (2,1) 3 points vs Brown
Brandon Ventarola, Dartmouth: (2,1) 3 points vs Cornell
Marcus Wertheim, Brown (2,1) 3 points vs Dartmouth
Matt Brandau, Yale: (2,1) 3 points vs Princeton
Tucker Wade, Princeton: (2,1) 3 points vs Yale

Face-Off:

Andrew McMeekin, Princeton: 20/26, 77% vs Yale
Mitchell Meyers, Dartmouth: 15/23, 65% vs Cornell
Tegan Bultman, Brown: 9/13, 62% vs Harvard
Dash Sachs, Brown: 5/9, 56% vs Harvard

Goalies:

Wyatt Knust, Cornell: 18 saves, 72% vs Dartmouth
Michael Gianforcaro, Princeton: 16 saves, 67% vs Yale
Mason Morell, Dartmouth: 20 saves, 57% vs Cornell
Connor Theriault, Brown: 14 saves, 56% vs Harvard
Christian Barnard, Harvard: 11 saves, 52% vs Brown

I will check for errors and omissions later.
Caddigan 4 goals; Goldstein (sp)
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Thanks! I changed the spelling. IL stats has Caddigan with 3 goals, and a total of 15 for Cornell. I'll check Cornell's stats....

The Cornell web page credits Caddigan with 3 goals as well.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

faircornell wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 pm Thanks! I changed the spelling. IL stats has Caddigan with 3 goals, and a total of 15 for Cornell. I'll check Cornell's stats....

The Cornell web page credits Caddigan with 3 goals as well.
At the end of the game, live stats had Caddigan with 4 goals. Now it says 3. So I stand corrected. He reminds me of Steve Mock. The ball is in his stick for 0.1 second! He is a great shooter.
Ezra White

Post by Ezra White »

Congrats to all of the Ancient Seven teams for a season well done. (Columbia, we're waiting for you to join the rest. :( )

I'm glad the four teams that made the ILT are C, Pr, Y, & Pn. B, D, & H have some quality and hopeful, bright futures, but the four that made the tourney have been the class of the league all season, are evenly matched, and certainly have the best talent end to end.

Next weekend's tourney has no gimmes. It should be exciting and inspiring.
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

Ezra White wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 pm Congrats to all of the Ancient Seven teams for a season well done. (Columbia, we're waiting for you to join the rest. :( )

I'm glad the four teams that made the ILT are C, Pr, Y, & Pn. B, D, & H have some quality and hopeful, bright futures, but the four that made the tourney have been the class of the league all season, are evenly matched, and certainly have the best talent end to end.

Will Yale get their FOGOs back? That would have a major impact.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

mdk01 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 am
Ezra White wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 pm Congrats to all of the Ancient Seven teams for a season well done. (Columbia, we're waiting for you to join the rest. :( )

Will Yale get their FOGOs back? That would have a major impact.
Seems very possible that the answer is no.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

What’s up with Gerry?

He was the new found savior. Crimson still have yet to even make the ILT?
alecbaldwin

Post by alecbaldwin »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:13 am What’s up with Gerry?

Is it fair to say that if they miss the ILT next year, Gerry will be on the hot seat? Best academic school in the world and they can't even make the conference tournament.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

alecbaldwin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:27 am
Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:13 am What’s up with Gerry?

Is it fair to say that if they miss the ILT next year, Gerry will be on the hot seat? Best academic school in the world and they can't even make the conference tournament.
I’d be looking at the Quakers.
They may be vulnerable and Crimson could take their slot in the Ivies.
Depends somewhat on goalie Carroll.
The top 3 Ivies do not look like they’ll be falling back next season.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Quint and Carc are coming to Ithaca to call the ILT! High praise.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

faircornell wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:16 am Quint and Carc are coming to Ithaca to call the ILT! High praise.
Guess I'll be watching with the volume off.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

FannOLax wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:21 am
faircornell wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:16 am Quint and Carc are coming to Ithaca to call the ILT! High praise.
Guess I'll be watching with the volume off.
😂😂😂
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

I wish at least Quint would go to the ACC tourney instead given his public disdain for the Ivies, especially in a year when the Ivies are not as strong as they have been in prior years. He has so much trouble giving praise to any of the Ivy teams so ... Quint ... head down south and leave us be up in Ithaca!
Ezra White

Post by Ezra White »

Lax3 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 am
I wish at least Quint would go to the ACC tourney instead given his public disdain for the Ivies, especially in a year when the Ivies are not as strong as they have been in prior years. He has so much trouble giving praise to any of the Ivy teams so ... Quint ... head down south and leave us be up in Ithaca!
He's probably coming so he can badmouth the Ivies. :twisted:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Ezra White wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:08 pm
Unfortunately I will have to mute the volume.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:12 pm
Ezra White wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:08 pm
Unfortunately I will have to mute the volume.
Stream “Hot Jazz Saturday Night” re-run.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:46 pm
coda wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:12 pm Have to guess the Ivy takes a step back. Princeton has been gutted. Penn struggled on O with Handley. Farrare will be missed. Cornell and Yale look like the only preseason teams likely for the tournament. Can Yale continue their Air Raid version of lacrosse and make the tournament?
Princeton may have the best FOGO/Goalie combo in the league next season along with potentially the best defense. Offense returns a good amount of experience. Lost a lot though. Time will tell.
Just ran across this old post….I thought Princeton may exceed expectations despite the players that graduated and moved on.
coda

Post by coda »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 pm
coda wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:12 pm Have to guess the Ivy takes a step back. Princeton has been gutted. Penn struggled on O with Handley. Farrare will be missed. Cornell and Yale look like the only preseason teams likely for the tournament. Can Yale continue their Air Raid version of lacrosse and make the tournament?
Princeton may have the best FOGO/Goalie combo in the league next season along with potentially the best defense. Offense returns a good amount of experience. Lost a lot though. Time will tell.
Just ran across this old post….I thought Princeton may exceed expectations despite the players that graduated and moved on.
They have surprised me. Goalie been rock solid as usual. Faceoff has not come together. They are actually a dangerous team. Madalon has done a really good job. Seem to be peaking at the right moment. Might steal Yale's tournament bid. .Though Yale's injuries have really opened things up for them.
Typical Lax Dad

coda wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 pm
They have surprised me. Goalie been rock solid as usual. Faceoff has not come together. They are actually a dangerous team. Madalon has done a really good job. Seem to be peaking at the right moment. Might steal Yale's tournament bid. .Though Yale's injuries have really opened things up for them.
McMeekin is 55% with 7 goals and 2 assists. That 55% might be closer to winning 59% with that offensive production. Rodriguez was the best FOGO in the league but not sure there is a better tandem than Gianforcaro and McMeekin combined (Gianforcaro carrying more water, admittedly). Princeton had a lot of injuries last year and a lot of these sophomores and juniors got valuable experience. I thought they could surprise some teams but 9-4 is way above expectations. 8-5 would have be a great season considering the personnel losses.
coda

Post by coda »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 pm
coda wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 pm
McMeekin is 55% with 7 goals and 2 assists. That 55% might be closer to winning 59% with that offensive production. Rodriguez was the best FOGO in the league but not sure there is a better tandem than Gianforcaro and McMeekin combined (Gianforcaro carrying more water, admittedly). Princeton had a lot of injuries last year and a lot of these sophomores and juniors got valuable experience. I thought they could surprise some teams but 9-4 is way above expectations. 8-5 would have be a great season considering the personnel losses.
Yale - 56% on faceoffs, that is after losing their top 2 FOGOs and putting up some down right ugly faceoff numbers the last few games
Dartmouth- 52.5%
Princeton- 50.9%
Brown- 48.1%
Cornell- 47.1%

hard to look at a 50.9% faceoff average on the year as a strength. Gianforcaro is a straight up stud.. But agree they have done well.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”