Notre Dame 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DocBarrister

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by DocBarrister »

BigTurn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 pm Not the cleanest game from either team. This is a slugfest.
Notre Dame’s ride won this game. I think Virginia had something like six failed clears, and even some of their “successful” clears ended in quick turnovers. That’s how lacrosse should be played.

Shellenberger is a great player, but sometimes he is too unselfish. He should have demanded the ball on that last timeout.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

What clown take. Notre dame ride has nothing to do with brain dead unforced turnovers. That was the sloppiest lacrosse I’ve ever seen at this level and only you could find a way to spin it like ND made a difference.

Bet corrigan ia drinking buddies with those refs too.

Congrats. Norte dame barely beat what resembled a middle school team for a half.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm I’m really starting to question Lars’ ability to coach lacrosse.
:roll:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm What clown take. Notre dame ride has nothing to do with brain dead unforced turnovers. That was the sloppiest lacrosse I’ve ever seen at this level and only you could find a way to spin it like ND made a difference.

Congrats. Norte dame barely beat what resembled a middle school team for a half.
You’re an idiot.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
coda

Post by coda »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm I’m really starting to question Lars’ ability to coach lacrosse.
This probably a bit far, but I have said Lars’s teams have a bit of club in them. To be honest, if there is weakness watching UVA and Duke it’s IQ at times. UVa likes to play fast, but sometimes (like today) they play too fast. Watching Duke bring a pick for ONeill, when he has a short on him was another Wow moment. Let UNC switch the pick and get a pole on him.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm What clown take. Notre dame ride has nothing to do with brain dead unforced turnovers. That was the sloppiest lacrosse I’ve ever seen at this level and only you could find a way to spin it like ND made a difference.

😂 cry it out little man
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Intense game with many scrums and turnovers. UVA 13-23 on face-offs yet ND won the gb battle 50-26 . Impressive. Down 7-4 agaisnt a motivated UVA team and ND goes on 7-2 run to finish them on the road. Love or Hate ND, their effort is there every week which can't be said for some other top teams
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Tip of the cap to freshman Shawn Lyght on Shelly. Held a 5th year(?) tewaaraton finalist to 1,2 with 6 turnovers.

Great effort from Will Lynch and wings to muck it up at the X in the 4th and scrap out some extra possessions after a tough day.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Great win by Irish. The UVA turnovers were in part sloppy play, but alot had to do with ND pressure all over the field. The idiot poster earlier who refuses to acknowledge that should pick up a stick and try to clear against this ND team. UVA didn't lose because the refs either. Did you expect them to allow at TO by UVA when they didn't have possession? Hope these teams meet twice more this year, its great for the sport.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Great win by Irish. The UVA turnovers were in part sloppy play, but alot had to do with ND pressure all over the field. The idiot poster earlier who refuses to acknowledge that should pick up a stick and try to clear against this ND team. UVA didn't lose because the refs either. Did you expect them to allow at TO by UVA when they didn't have possession? Hope these teams meet twice more this year, its great for the sport.
molo

Post by molo »

And UVA didn’t have possession there because someone couldn’t scoop the critical gb, kind if the story of the day.
JayBlue

Post by JayBlue »

Notre Dames ride has A LOT to do with it. It makes all the difference. It’s awesome to watch and clearly undervalued…
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

“Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”
CJ's Pub

Post by CJ's Pub »

https://theacc.com/news/2024/4/30/2024- ... unced.aspx

Congrats to the 7 players named to the All ACC team and to Coach Corrigan, honored as the ACC Coach of the Year. Incredible season so far, but now the hard part begins !

Liam Entenmann - Defensive Player & Goalie of the Year - Back to Back seasons.
Pat Kavanagh - Offensive Player of the Year
Eric Dobson
Will Donovan
Ben Ramsey
Will Lynch
Chris Kavanagh

Incredible to see this teams sustained success. 7 players on the list, all deserving, but no Shawn Lyght or Devon McLane on there is a head scratcher. Both having phenomenal seasons. Regardless, congrats and good luck in the playoffs to the team.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Well deserved all around and a great accomplishment. But no time to be reading press clippings when there’s another ring to be won.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

fully agree, Big Turn. Past five games (Four ACC, Cornell) have been great tests, and gauntlet ahead, and no time for complacency. Room for improvement from this past weekend - while UVA D contested shots well in 1st H, way too many were same level, or, into goalie stick. GB advantage 'only' translating into 2G margin shows opportunity (need) for even better ND play in next two tourneys. Can't wait.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

azim21 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:03 pm I thought about bringing this point up a few weeks ago, and maybe it's a conversation for its own thread, but I really do not see any benefit to the ACC tourney for the 4 teams playing in it this year (Assuming UNC doesn't knock off Duke as I think they technically have a path where they could still make it in). ND, Duke, and Syracuse should all be locks for the NCAA tournament. Maybe there's a case UVA could be left out if they lose to ND this week and first round of ACC tourney (that'd be four straight losses to end the year), but the committee has them at #5 so I just don't see it happening. I can't imagine coaches will rest starters, but I just don't see any benefit whatsoever to winning the ACC tourney when there's no auto-bid. I guess seeding could be what's on the line (especially for UVA), but if I'm Corrigan and I win this weekend, I'd consider limiting the runs of the 1st line middies and starting attack as they should be a lock for that 1 seed. Just isn't worth the risk of injury when your goal is the National Championship, not the ACC tournament championship. Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way idk.

I will say from a fan's perspective, I love it and cannot wait for the ACC tournament. Going to be some awesome games!
So I've realized there's no excuse for Notre Dame to not go all out for the ACC tournament. They've played less games than everyone else and should be well rested. But with Hopkins loss to Michigan, is there really any way the Irish aren't the #1 seed for the NCAA tourney? Even if they lose to UVA?

This game today is going to be a great one. With some of the bid thieves who have emerged, UVA's season might be on the line. They're certainly gonna give it all they got. Welcome back ACC tournament!
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Some amazing games yesterday. To name just some: PSU is scary good when they are on. Congrats to Providence team for giving G'town such a fight. Nova - big win. Anticipate today's games to continue - some upsets, and mostly great games. Can't wait for ACC - such a gauntlet. Be very interesting to see which Duke team shows up. Anticipate ND UVA to be another super close game.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

It's UVa day today. 13-9, UVa cruises.
coda

Post by coda »

CJ's Pub wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:17 pm https://theacc.com/news/2024/4/30/2024- ... unced.aspx

Congrats to the 7 players named to the All ACC team and to Coach Corrigan, honored as the ACC Coach of the Year. Incredible season so far, but now the hard part begins !

Liam Entenmann - Defensive Player & Goalie of the Year - Back to Back seasons.
Pat Kavanagh - Offensive Player of the Year
Eric Dobson
Will Donovan
Ben Ramsey
Will Lynch
Chris Kavanagh

Incredible to see this teams sustained success. 7 players on the list, all deserving, but no Shawn Lyght or Devon McLane on there is a head scratcher. Both having phenomenal seasons. Regardless, congrats and good luck in the playoffs to the team.
Surprised at that. Entenmann is 4th in save percentage in ACC games and 3rd in saves per game. Really hard to say he has been teh best ACC goalie, let alone the Defensive player of the Year

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”