Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
eastcoastlax

Re: Games Today

Post by eastcoastlax »

ACClaxfan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:58 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:47 pm
ACClaxfan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:42 pm Let me preface this by saying I am a big UVA fan and have been for some time. Have watched as many of their games as possibly for those years and have seen several in person. They are playing inspired this year and I would assume the new coaching staff and the veteran leaders have a lot to do with it. Now for the negative, lets pump the breaks on the youth movement, most appeared a bit overwhelmed in the Cuse game as did the coaches . The coaches better figure out the draw or it will be an early NCAA exit again. Seemed to have no plan when schwab gets faceguarded, no back up plan at the draw, terrible use and non use of timeouts. Also could not help but notice 2 veteran players sitting out (close to 200 goals between these middies) while a young inexperienced 2 middies (less than 20 goals between them ) were in during key moments and it cost them on both the defensive side and offensive side. If they can figure out the draw they could be dangerous.

Who are the "two veteran players sitting out"? It's okay to identify who they are. This is not the CIA or NSA. Here's the question : do YOU know why they were sitting out? Injuries or discipline? If you know, state it. If you don't, then maybe someone else does.

Your comment about the coaches being overwhelmed, comes from where? My guess is that Sonia and Michael Lamonica have seen more and been involved in more big moments and decisions as players(both were AA at MD) and coaches(4 CAA Championships, 6 NCAA Tournament appearances) than anyone in this Forum. They also didn't get a lot of so-called Blue Chip players, and yet they were successful. Just wanted to drop some facts to say that the UVa staff didn't funk Coaching 101.

Sorry but they were outcoached and overwhelmed in this one . Some of the above was clearly correct.
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

Some of these last conference games are basically playoff games -

Elon - Towson

Queens - Lindenwood (anybody know the tiebreaker rules for the ASUN ?)

Any others ?
totc

Post by totc »

Brownlax wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:27 pm

Also - almost had a little controversy on the game-winning goal. Multiple SBU players dropped their sticks. I'm not sure how the ref determined who's stick to check. I'm also nit sure of the rule when this happens. I thought I had seen this once before and the refs called no goal.
It was Gettysburg vs. York in 2015. Gettysburg had seemingly tied the game in the final 10 seconds of regulation but the umpires could not determine which stick to check. Why the Samuel L. Hill they didn't check all of them, I don't know.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Looks like Denver and Xavier started their game and within a few minutes the game has been canceled for weather (snow!)
Sleepdrifter

Post by Sleepdrifter »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 am
Sleepdrifter wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:27 am It’s posts like this that make me think folks like you, LaxDadMax and ONW (or Cletus) which ever handle he goes by are reminiscent of a folk lore hero football star from Polk High, who scored 4 touchdowns in a 1966 city championship game. Having zero clue about what it takes to play and coach at this level. Maybe sitting listening to the boss’s “Glory Days” while being a keyboard critic should be reconsidered.

You all need to get some new hobbies. Here is a question for your so called downswingers. Having beaten NW, UNC and BC (past 3 National Champs). What other team holds this accomplishment?

Also, maybe brush up on some geography for ONW! Having previously referred to ND as the frauds from Nap City. Indianapolis is often called Nap City, so just a quick reminder, ND is in South Bend!

Take a lap fellas. Or just simply put me on ignore as you conveniently do with any other poster that calls you out! Back to your regularly scheduled nonsense boys. Go get it!
Like I was sayin...Frauds from Nap City. I'm only through the first half of the game and just beginning the 2nd, but it's so apparent this team wasn't ready for this particular big moment. I wonder if the fact that it took place in the postseason had anything to do with it. (That's a rhetorical question.) Same old Irish--choking in the big games. 19 turnovers was the final tally--many of them unforced. 0 saves in the 2nd half. That's how you play when you're frauds--regardless of how many veteran players fill out your starting lineup.

Obviously--I have nothing against the players. My beef with Notre Dame is, and always has been, the industrial strength hype that gets flatulated from South Bend Town every preseason. Thank goodness these pretenders will now be knocked from their perch at number one at the offices of USA Lacrosse Magazine. (I'll bet the USALM staff there are breathing a sigh of relief themselves.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Sleepdrifter is either Halfpenny herself, or a member of her staff. In any event--enjoy your crow this morning. And get ready for another plate soon enough in The Tournament.
Hilarious if you think coach Halfpenny or a member of the ND women's lax staff would post to this forum. Just go back and look at the time of my post from March 30th. It was 30 mins prior to ND vs. Pitt first draw. Thinking a coach is on this forum and posting prior to the start of a conference game is laughable and truly shows your level of preposterous ideas and thoughts towards women's college lax. What comes to mind is disorder F60.81 (NPD) of the DSM-5. Look it up, you meet a majority of the criteria and may want to address that.

ONW Stats:
Joined:Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:39 amLast active:Thu May 02, 2024 10:51 amTotal posts:6589 | Search user’s posts
(1.23% of all posts / 5.57 posts per day)

What, do you get a free Lax Power T-Shirt when you reach 7K posts? Keep it up buddy, you are almost there!
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Sleepdrifter wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:20 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 am
Sleepdrifter wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:27 am It’s posts like this that make me think folks like you, LaxDadMax and ONW (or Cletus) which ever handle he goes by are reminiscent of a folk lore hero football star from Polk High, who scored 4 touchdowns in a 1966 city championship game. Having zero clue about what it takes to play and coach at this level. Maybe sitting listening to the boss’s “Glory Days” while being a keyboard critic should be reconsidered.

You all need to get some new hobbies. Here is a question for your so called downswingers. Having beaten NW, UNC and BC (past 3 National Champs). What other team holds this accomplishment?

Also, maybe brush up on some geography for ONW! Having previously referred to ND as the frauds from Nap City. Indianapolis is often called Nap City, so just a quick reminder, ND is in South Bend!

Take a lap fellas. Or just simply put me on ignore as you conveniently do with any other poster that calls you out! Back to your regularly scheduled nonsense boys. Go get it!
Like I was sayin...Frauds from Nap City. I'm only through the first half of the game and just beginning the 2nd, but it's so apparent this team wasn't ready for this particular big moment. I wonder if the fact that it took place in the postseason had anything to do with it. (That's a rhetorical question.) Same old Irish--choking in the big games. 19 turnovers was the final tally--many of them unforced. 0 saves in the 2nd half. That's how you play when you're frauds--regardless of how many veteran players fill out your starting lineup.

Obviously--I have nothing against the players. My beef with Notre Dame is, and always has been, the industrial strength hype that gets flatulated from South Bend Town every preseason. Thank goodness these pretenders will now be knocked from their perch at number one at the offices of USA Lacrosse Magazine. (I'll bet the USALM staff there are breathing a sigh of relief themselves.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Sleepdrifter is either Halfpenny herself, or a member of her staff. In any event--enjoy your crow this morning. And get ready for another plate soon enough in The Tournament.
Hilarious if you think coach Halfpenny or a member of the ND women's lax staff would post to this forum. Just go back and look at the time of my post from March 30th. It was 30 mins prior to ND vs. Pitt first draw. Thinking a coach is on this forum and posting prior to the start of a conference game is laughable and truly shows your level of preposterous ideas and thoughts towards women's college lax. What comes to mind is disorder F60.81 (NPD) of the DSM-5. Look it up, you meet a majority of the criteria and may want to address that.

ONW Stats:
Joined:Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:39 amLast active:Thu May 02, 2024 10:51 amTotal posts:6589 | Search user’s posts

What, do you get a free Lax Power T-Shirt when you reach 7K posts? Keep it up buddy, you are almost there!
Just a few hundred more gifs and he'll get it!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Sleepdrifter wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:20 am Hilarious if you think coach Halfpenny or a member of the ND women's lax staff would post to this forum. Just go back and look at the time of my post from March 30th. It was 30 mins prior to ND vs. Pitt first draw. Thinking a coach is on this forum and posting prior to the start of a conference game is laughable and truly shows your level of preposterous ideas and thoughts towards women's college lax. What comes to mind is disorder F60.81 (NPD) of the DSM-5. Look it up, you meet a majority of the criteria and may want to address that.

ONW Stats:

How'd your Frauds from Nap City do in the ACC Tournament? What? They didn't even make the final?

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Childish; literally, the sort of behavior I had to drum out of my kids in middle school. Can you just stop and recognize that you are part of a community, rather than a single person who has to have things their way. Bizarre in an adult.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Hopkins and NU tied at 10. Surprised the shot to the head from the NU defenders on JHU No. 27 didn't result in a penalty and possession to JHU.

Yeah, not a charge there at the end of the 3Q. Should be an interesting Q4.
Last edited by Seacoaster(1) on Thu May 02, 2024 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:31 pm Childish; literally, the sort of behavior I had to drum out of my kids in middle school. Can you just stop and recognize that you are part of a community, rather than a single person who has to have things their way. Bizarre in an adult.
Sea, I gave up caring about your opinion of me and your holier-than-thou judgments/standards a long time ago. I'll respond to posters quoting/tagging me with snotty insulting comments in any way I damn well please.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:42 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:31 pm Childish; literally, the sort of behavior I had to drum out of my kids in middle school. Can you just stop and recognize that you are part of a community, rather than a single person who has to have things their way. Bizarre in an adult.
Sea, I gave up caring about your opinion of me and your holier-than-thou judgments/standards a long time ago. I'll respond to posters quoting/tagging me with snotty insulting comments in any way I damn well please.
"...any way I damn well please." Thanks. Exactly; that's the point. This board "belongs" to a lot of people. There is nothing "holier than thou" about wanting some level of civility and an absence of childishness. You are just a sad, and predictably solitary person.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:44 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:42 pm
"...any way I damn well please." Thanks. Exactly; that's the point. This board "belongs" to a lot of people. There is nothing "holier than thou" about wanting some level of civility and an absence of childishness. You are just a sad, and predictably solitary person.
Just no self-awareness at all. Painful.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:32 pm Hopkins and NU tied at 10. Surprised the shot to the head from the NU defenders on JHU No. 27 didn't result in a penalty and possession to JHU.

What a close game !! this NCAA tourney may be anyones for the taking.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Madlax59 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:20 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:32 pm Hopkins and NU tied at 10. Surprised the shot to the head from the NU defenders on JHU No. 27 didn't result in a penalty and possession to JHU.

What a close game !! this NCAA tourney may be anyones for the taking.
Really impressed with the grittiness on both sides. Northwestern is beatable, but it is going to take something akin to a perfect game pla, and game, to pull it off. Great shot (under serious pressure) by the Hopkins kid and just a better save by Laliberty there at the end.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Absolutely egregious shot to the head of 27 that knocked her out of the game. No foul called. 100% should have been a yellow and hopkins ball.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:51 pm

Absolutely egregious shot to the head of 27 that knocked her out of the game. No foul called. 100% should have been a yellow and hopkins ball.
As coach of the offensive player, is there any way to have that reviewed?
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

To say they are beatable is fairly obvious and not sure it takes perfect game plan and execution - granted both have to be very good. Lost to ND, lost to Penn State, and nailbiters that could have gone either way vs Michigan and Hopkins. Penn State and Hopkins are not top 10 teams. Something may be off slightly at NU. Did you watch the game? Any onbservations. They lost the draw by quite a few which is unusual..
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

oh - prior post may have answered my question. Thought there must have been injury to key play. Please confirm.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:51 pm

I call that the Scott Effect. Disgraceful.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Lax101 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:55 pm To say they are beatable is fairly obvious and not sure it takes perfect game plan and execution - granted both have to be very good. Lost to ND, lost to Penn State, and nailbiters that could have gone either way vs Michigan and Hopkins. Penn State and Hopkins are not top 10 teams. Something may be off slightly at NU. Did you watch the game? Any onbservations. They lost the draw by quite a few which is unusual..
I watched the second half. In my view, NU defense and goalkeeping kept them in this game. Lost a lot of draws, and the NU defense did a lot to bring that back into balance. The game was, I think, exceptionally physical -- I'd be interested in hmmm's and Grateful Red's view of that, given the fact that I think their daughters are pretty well engaged in experienced in high level defensive lacrosse.

NU will play better in the NCAA tournament, and that is where I am talking about the perfect game from someone to defeat them. I could certainly be wrong. But KAH is a very able coach. And you could see that she was appreciative of the effort today, but not the execution. NU still the overall favorite, maybe even by a lot. But beatable.

And a postscript: Taylor was excellent today. She is fast, has a very good first step, can finish, and her size is an absolute monstrous handful for the defenders. Her ability to handle in heavy traffic is very good. I am going to be curious to watch NU when, next year, she is the No. 1 threat, and without the distractions of Nos. 2 and 27.
Last edited by Seacoaster(1) on Thu May 02, 2024 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”