UVA 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Hooz123

Re: UVA 2024

Post by Hooz123 »

Finster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:22 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:17 pm Embarrassing display. Stopped counting turnovers. We can't even catch the ball.

Ok. I take it back. UVA won’t win. The bright side of this loss is you’ll never play this bad again. And now you’ve got revenge on the mind.

How does Duke put 4 on Cuse but 18 on UVA?! 😂😂
Cassese is a problem, that's how.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Hooz123 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:30 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:17 pm Embarrassing display. Stopped counting turnovers. We can't even catch the ball.

Ok. I take it back. UVA won’t win. The bright side of this loss is you’ll never play this bad again. And now you’ve got revenge on the mind.

He helped his alma mater out today
Finster

Post by Finster »

norcalhop wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:48 pm

I think it’s UVA’s Defense coach Greco that laid the egg, not Cassesse.
molo

Post by molo »

Duke didn’t expose any weaknesses that have not been evident all year. They had the personnel to capitalize. Versus opponents who had legs chances to beat them, UVA is 1 and 2. SU will be tough.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Finster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:07 pm

Lars is UVA's defensive coach. They don't have a traditional defensive coordinator.
coda

Post by coda »

That is tough. Duke has a solid offense, super talented. Goalie play was atrocious. I think at least 7 goals went in before there was a save. That affects the defense. I know it’s against the unspoken rules of not pointing fingers at Goalies and FOGOs, but sometimes it’s deserved
cmbtp88

Post by cmbtp88 »

coda wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:54 pm

That is tough. Duke has a solid offense, super talented. Goalie play was atrocious. I think at least 7 goals went in before there was a save. That affects the defense. I know it’s against the unspoken rules of not pointing fingers at Goalies and FOGOs, but sometimes it’s deserved
Curious, why would you point the finger at the FOGOs? they won the FO battle when everyone said we were going to get smoked. Both UVA FO men were above 55% in the game, is it because their FO guy scored 2 goals because we didn't slide on Fast breaks in the 4th qtr? we dominated the FO in the 1st half especially....just asking...
coda

Post by coda »

cmbtp88 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:24 am

Curious, why would you point the finger at the FOGOs? they won the FO battle when everyone said we were going to get smoked. Both UVA FO men were above 55% in the game, is it because their FO guy scored 2 goals because we didn't slide on Fast breaks in the 4th qtr? we dominated the FO in the 1st half especially....just asking...
Not in this game. That is just a general rule in lacrosse. You can blame a lot of things for a loss, but most coaches leave Goalie and FOGO alone. This game was about goalie play
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

To be fair to the tenders, defense was atrocious.

Terrible approaches, standing up straight, sleep walking.
Terrible in pick management, slides haphazard and late.

Very different from early games this year.

That said, need to stop balls even when defense is flat.

Offense was stagnant much of the game.

Somehow, this team is not playing as a team the way will need to do if they're going to make a big run down the back stretch.
Finster

Post by Finster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:11 am To be fair to the tenders, defense was atrocious.

Somehow, this team is not playing as a team the way will need to do if they're going to make a big run down the back stretch.

UVA will be fine come tournament time. I will say this, they better not come into Syracuse flat. To lose to Duke, lose to Cuse, then face ND…not sure I’d like that trajectory if I’m a UVA fan. So, ironically, the game this weekend might be far more critical to the Wahoo’s self confidence than originally thought.
coda

Post by coda »

Finster wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:20 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:11 am To be fair to the tenders, defense was atrocious.

UVA will be fine come tournament time. I will say this, they better not come into Syracuse flat. To lose to Duke, lose to Cuse, then face ND…not sure I’d like that trajectory if I’m a UVA fan. So, ironically, the game this weekend might be far more critical to the Wahoo’s self confidence than originally thought.
I can imagine UVA losing 2 in a row. Their tournament chances are not on the line, but this feels almost like a must win for them. I can not put my finger on it, but there is something off with this team right now. They are 10-2 and I dont think Lars would say they have played more than a couple games to their ability.
cmbtp88

Post by cmbtp88 »

coda wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:34 am
cmbtp88 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:24 am

Not in this game. That is just a general rule in lacrosse. You can blame a lot of things for a loss, but most coaches leave Goalie and FOGO alone. This game was about goalie play
Oh, I got you, you were saying goalie play in this game....yeah...hard to understand that after seeing the first 10 games they have played...
LILaxLaw

Post by LILaxLaw »

Notre Dame comes to Klockner as the #1 team in the country. Will the Hoos get revenge for last year's semis or will it be 3 losses in a row?
Hope the weather cooperates and a decent crowd shows up. Should be a good one.
molo

Post by molo »

UVA best ND twice last year but lost their most important matchup. It’s hard to find any weaknesses on ND. Like most teams, they could use some depth a dm, and their attack, while excellent, lacks a natural lefty.
UVA has some top talent but features a few weaknesses that have been apparent all year. In most games, they simply have enough talent to overcome opponents, but against Hopkins, Duke, and SU, all teams that run at least six quality midfielders, these issues came back to bite them. While the four close defensemen who play most of the time are tall, they struggle off ball. Quick attackmen like the Kavanaghs spell trouble. Yager and
Chizmar are a formidable pair of dms in transition, but there’s not much depth behind them. The first midfielder, all former attackmen, fine offensively, but there is not an English or Stevens in this group. Recently, the best natural midfielder, Terenzi, has been getting some runs with the first and second units after starting the season as a dm. The second midfield, a group of several former attackmen, has not generated much offense. Terenzi would help, but is it safe to go without him at dm? Nunes had a rough day against Duke and started haltingly against SU but stabilized. I don’t see a clear advantage at FOGO for ND. UVA has improved there.
ND is clearly the best team in the country and deserves to be favored. UVA’s best player of all time won’t go out easily in his final game at Klockner. UVA by something like 16-15 in a game similar to the Cuse game .
molo

Post by molo »

UVA best ND twice last year but lost their most important matchup. It’s hard to find any weaknesses on ND. Like most teams, they could use some depth a dm, and their attack, while excellent, lacks a natural lefty.
UVA has some top talent but features a few weaknesses that have been apparent all year. In most games, they simply have enough talent to overcome opponents, but against Hopkins, Duke, and SU, all teams that run at least six quality midfielders, these issues came back to bite them. While the four close defensemen who play most of the time are tall, they struggle off ball. Quick attackmen like the Kavanaghs spell trouble. Yager and
Chizmar are a formidable pair of dms in transition, but there’s not much depth behind them. The first midfielder, all former attackmen, fine offensively, but there is not an English or Stevens in this group. Recently, the best natural midfielder, Terenzi, has been getting some runs with the first and second units after starting the season as a dm. The second midfield, a group of several former attackmen, has not generated much offense. Terenzi would help, but is it safe to go without him at dm? Nunes had a rough day against Duke and started haltingly against SU but stabilized. I don’t see a clear advantage at FOGO for ND. UVA has improved there.
ND is clearly the best team in the country and deserves to be favored. UVA’s best player of all time won’t go out easily in his final game at Klockner. UVA by something like 16-15 in a game similar to the Cuse game .
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

molo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:34 pm UVA best ND twice last year but lost their most important matchup. It’s hard to find any weaknesses on ND. Like most teams, they could use some depth a dm, and their attack, while excellent, lacks a natural lefty.
Would expect ND to be hyper focused on eliminating hoos transition and unsettled opportunities. Not sure it’ll be that high scoring, but very well could be wrong. Excited to find out.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

UVa is just a poorly coached team and mentally undisciplined. They aren’t title material. It really sucks to say that.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm UVa is just a poorly coached team and mentally undisciplined. They aren’t title material. It really sucks to say that.
Some of these turnovers in the 4th are on the players not the coaches.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

It’s on the coaches. Simple game management. You have Cormier and Shelly on attack and our long poles constantly just run through traffic and fumble the ball in front of the goal in transition. Like What the heck are you doing. You pass to Shelly. Idiot team
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

We have what 50 turnovers now? 😂😂 Lars that’s a joke.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”