Conference Shuffle

D3 Mens Lacrosse
boredatwork

Re: Conference Shuffle

Post by boredatwork »

balderdash wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:27 pm
tough to see the tigers and pirates floating out as independents.

Feel like both schools will have a hard time finding a path to NCAA's now. Wonder if either school is considering a divisional reclassification? Both programs are on quite the island, especially moving forward without Whittier.
I’m pretty sure Southwestern is moving to the SAA in all sports. Colorado college as a D3 institution is on such an island I don’t really know who would take them. The expenses for anyone to play a game there in any sport are so extreme I can’t imagine a conference signing on for that.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

laxdad1434 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:37 pm
River Donkey wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:38 pm **Warren Wilson is C2C
Not this season
Yes as I have stated earlier, WWC will be joining FT next season. It’s a beautiful campus, just watch out for bears.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

balderdash wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:27 pm Reviving this thread as the alignments were posted:

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/champi ... gnment.pdf

Guess the USA South absorption didn't pan out.

tough to see the tigers and pirates floating out as independents.

Feel like both schools will have a hard time finding a path to NCAA's now. Wonder if either school is considering a divisional reclassification? Both programs are on quite the island, especially moving forward without Whittier.

Also shocked to see the c2c took WWC. No disrespect, but not sure how the other C2C programs/coaches would/could even approach that game on the schedule
This was shot down a while back, did they bring it up again this year? USA South will eventually be going to a split conference, east and west I believe so the idea may not be dead. You would have to think most of the current conference members would be against this as in the past simply due to travel costs. The current members just don’t have the budget to travel like that for conference games. Is it does go through I would imagine those teams will be operating on a “skin and bones” budget. IMO ultimately hurting recruiting and setting the current members back years.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

River Donkey wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:49 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:37 pm
River Donkey wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:38 pm **Warren Wilson is C2C
Not this season
Yes as I have stated earlier, WWC will be joining FT next season. It’s a beautiful campus, just watch out for bears.
Hopefully the game will be NJ.
laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

Unfortunately, Northwestern (MN) is terminating their lacrosse program after this season. MLC down to 4 schools and at risk to lose their AQ unless they pick up another member. Beloit is an affiliate in the NACC so maybe they can be convinced to move conferences. Otherwise there could be a lot of independents and a big shakeup in the Midwest.

https://x.com/UNW_Lacrosse/status/17571 ... 54227?s=20
d3maxlax

Post by d3maxlax »

The MLC, at least for men, may not exist much longer. Cornell College, Lake Forest College, Univ. of Dubuque will be moving to the NACC in men's lacrosse in 2024-25:
https://naccsports.org/news/2024/4/17/m ... iates.aspx
This will be in addition to Lawrence University's new men and women's lacrosse programs.
laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

d3maxlax wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 am The MLC, at least for men, may not exist much longer. Cornell College, Lake Forest College, Univ. of Dubuque will be moving to the NACC in men's lacrosse in 2024-25:
This will be in addition to Lawrence University's new men and women's lacrosse programs.

Wow! 13 teams! Not sure that is sustainable.
laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

laxfan13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 pm
d3maxlax wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 am The MLC, at least for men, may not exist much longer. Cornell College, Lake Forest College, Univ. of Dubuque will be moving to the NACC in men's lacrosse in 2024-25:

Wow! 13 teams! Not sure that is sustainable.
NACC 2025

1. Aurora University
2. Beloit College
3. Benedictine University
4. Concordia University Chicago
5. Concordia University Wisconsin
6. Cornell College
7. Edgewood College
8. Illinois Institute of Technology
9. Lake Forest College
10. Lawrence University
11. Marian University
12. Milwaukee School of Engineering
13. University of Dubuque
davegaston13

Post by davegaston13 »

Lake Forest will win the NACC in 2025. Returning all players
GoBears

Post by GoBears »

I haven’t seen this reported in this thread yet, but SUNY Canton & SUNY Morrisville will be replacing Genny/Brockport as the members of the SUNYACs goin forward. Unless recruiting steps up at those institutions and Platty/New Paltz start delivering on LI recruiting again it’s going to be a pretty lopsided league for Cortland to take. Hoping Potsdam, Oneonta, and Oswego can continue their push in closing the gap on C-state.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”