B1G 10 Conference Championship - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxfan9999

Re: 2024 Big Ten Women's Lacrosse Tournament Schedule

Post by laxfan9999 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:34 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 am Saturday, April 27 - Quarterfinals at campus sites of higher seeds

Game 1: #4 Seed vs. #5 Seed
Game 2: #2 Seed vs. #7 Seed
Game 3: #3 Seed vs. #6 Seed

Thursday, May 2 (Semifinals at Martin Stadium, Evanston, Ill.)

1 p.m. (BTN) Game 4: #1 Seed vs. Game 1 Winner
3:30 p.m. (BTN) Game 5: Game 2 Winner vs. Game 3 Winner

Saturday, May 4 (Championship at Martin Stadium, Evanston, Ill.)

5:30 p.m. (BTN) Game 6: Game 4 Winner vs. Game 5 Winner

I don't like brackets for conference tournaments. Teams should be reseeded after each round. Lowest plays highest because it pays to win.

And current standings:

2024 Women's Lacrosse Standings

Michigan 4-1 (14-1)
Northwestern 4-1 (12-2)

Current seeds below before Sunday's NU at Michigan final Big 10 regular season game.

#3 Penn State 4-2 (9-6)
#4 Maryland 4-2 (12-4)
#5 Johns Hopkins 2-4 (10-6)
#6 Rutgers 1-5 (7-8)
#7 Ohio State 1-5 (7-8)
What will the tiebreaker be for a 3-way tie at 4-2 between UM, MD and PSU who all split against each other?
Penn state would be 2 because they beat the number 1 seed. Maryland would be third and Michigan fourth based on head to head.
OuttaNowhereWregget

2024 Big Ten Women's Lacrosse Tournament Schedule

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

#1 Northwestern 5-1 (13-2)
#2 Penn State 4-2 (9-6)
#3 Maryland 4-2 (12-4)
#4 Michigan 4-2 (14-2)
#5 Johns Hopkins 2-4 (10-6)
#6 Rutgers 1-5 (7-9)
#7 Ohio State 1-5 (8-8)

Saturday, April 27 - Quarterfinals at campus sites of higher seeds

TBA (Assuming 7pm) Game 1: Johns Hopkins at Michigan
12pm - Game 2: Ohio St at Penn St
4pm - Game 3: Rutgers at Maryland

Thursday, May 2 (Semifinals at Martin Stadium, Evanston, Ill.)

1 p.m. (BTN) Northwestern vs. JHU/Michigan
3:30 p.m. (BTN) Ohio St/Penn St vs. Rutgers/Maryland

Saturday, May 4 (Championship at Martin Stadium, Evanston, Ill.)

5:30 p.m. (BTN)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: 2024 Big Ten Women's Lacrosse Tournament Schedule

3:30pm - Game 1: Johns Hopkins at Michigan
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: B1G 10 Conference Championship - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

The way the seeds fell this year was anti-climactic. A rematch between Michigan and Maryland should have been in the offing. Instead we get a Penn St vs Maryland rematch which will predictably go the Terps way, and whichever team emerges from Michigan/Hop will go down without a whole lotta fanfare to Northwestern. It will still be good to see the Wildcats beat Maryland for the 6th out of 7th time for another Big 10 title but, I would have liked to see either Hop or Michigan get another shot at Maryland.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 am The way the seeds fell this year was anti-climactic. A rematch between Michigan and Maryland should have been in the offing. Instead we get a Penn St vs Maryland rematch which will predictably go the Terps way, and whichever team emerges from Michigan/Hop will go down without a whole lotta fanfare to Northwestern. It will still be good to see the Wildcats beat Maryland for the 6th out of 7th time for another Big 10 title but, I would have liked to see either Hop or Michigan get another shot at Maryland.
Why do you say the Penn State vs Maryland matchup would go to the terps?

Penn State already beat them once in Maryland this year.

I think Penn State will beat them again and we'll see a different matchup in the finals.
OuttaNowhereWregget

HailMaryPass wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:45 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 am The way the seeds fell this year was anti-climactic. A rematch between Michigan and Maryland should have been in the offing. Instead we get a Penn St vs Maryland rematch which will predictably go the Terps way, and whichever team emerges from Michigan/Hop will go down without a whole lotta fanfare to Northwestern. It will still be good to see the Wildcats beat Maryland for the 6th out of 7th time for another Big 10 title but, I would have liked to see either Hop or Michigan get another shot at Maryland.

I think Penn State will beat them again and we'll see a different matchup in the finals.
I hope you're right. Nothing much in the world of women's lacrosse gives me more satisfaction than seeing Maryland lose. I just think Reese will have the charges ready. Somehow I don't see Penn State sneaking up on anyone else the rest of the way.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:51 am

I hope you're right. Nothing much in the world of women's lacrosse gives me more satisfaction than seeing Maryland lose. I just think Reese will have the charges ready. Somehow I don't see Penn State sneaking up on anyone else the rest of the way.
PSU seems to have the Terps figured out though. They've won either 5 of the last 6 or 4 of the last 5 against them. Even in the Big Ten only Covid season where PSU only won 4 games, 2 of them were against MD.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

But by your rationalization, Penn State won't beat Ohio State to get a matchup with MD... While I don't believe that will happen either, nothing will surprise me this lax season.
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 am

But by your rationalization, Penn State won't beat Ohio State to get a matchup with MD... While I don't believe that will happen either, nothing will surprise me this lax season.
Penn State will have their revenge vs Ohio State. Then the Maryland scenario will play out.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 am
spidey44 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 am

Penn State will have their revenge vs Ohio State. Then the Maryland scenario will play out.
Good point on Reese having the charges ready. Didn't realize Ohio State beat Michigan, I gotta keep up! But hopefully down goes the terps!! And we can see a different matchup for the finals.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Hop up 4-0 late in the 2nd quarter at Michigan. I would actually welcome playing Hop (if they hang on) over Michigan for a change (being a Northwestern fan). Michigan is too tough of a grind lately. I'd rather have an easier opponent in the Blue Jays for next weeks semifinal.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm Hop up 4-0 late in the 2nd quarter at Michigan. I would actually welcome playing Hop (if they hang on) over Michigan for a change (being a Northwestern fan). Michigan is too tough of a grind lately. I'd rather have an easier opponent in the Blue Jays for next weeks semifinal.
Blue jays definitely the easier matchup for you. I just have a feeling the wolverines will make a comeback in this one though..
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Rutgers up 4-1 at college park
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxlaxlax wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 pm Rutgers up 4-1 at college park
Yes--and Sterling went down with an injury toward the end of the 1st quarter. She walked off on her own strength but not sure if she's coming back. We'll see soon enough.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

With the way this season has gone, what better game next weekend than Northwestern Hopkins with Madison Doucette coming back to Northwestern.
Last edited by laxfan9999 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxlaxlax wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm Hop up 4-0 late in the 2nd quarter at Michigan. I would actually welcome playing Hop (if they hang on) over Michigan for a change (being a Northwestern fan). Michigan is too tough of a grind lately. I'd rather have an easier opponent in the Blue Jays for next weeks semifinal.
Blue jays definitely the easier matchup for you. I just have a feeling the wolverines will make a comeback in this one though..
7-1 Hop with under 10 minutes left in the 3rd now. It will be a major Jekyll and Hyde performance if they do. I doubt Hop lets Blue come back on them twice in a matter of weeks.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Signs of life from Ann Arbor. Hop up 7-4 with under 11 minutes left in the 4th.

Meanwhile on the field hockey turf at College Park, Rutgers leads 5-3 at the half. Julia Hammerschlag in goal for the Terps since Sterling went down.
OuttaNowhereWregget

7-6 now and the Blue Jays have to be shaking in their cleats at the prospect of blowing yet another lead over Michigan. 7 minutes to go in the 4th.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Sterling back in goal for Maryland to start the 3rd quarter.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Hop scores a nice one to stop the bleeding. 8-6 with under 6 minutes left now. Still a big hole to climb out of for Blue.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”