Transfer portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LarryGamLax

Re: Transfer portal

Post by LarryGamLax »

Brownlax wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:29 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:34 pm
laxguy95 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:49 pm Isn't Ashley Humphrey transferring to UNC in the spring?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxGyuoCxCyy/
Hope she changes her mind and goes to a non-ACC school.
Are you upset that she’s going to UNC Larry? We know that you have issues with UNC.
I think Ashley Humphrey is outstanding. I would have liked to have seen her go to a different school and help raise the profile of that school's program. Isn't that what I said?
Now to answer your question...NOPE, I do not like the UNC program! Why? A plethora of reasons, some which I have been stated by me over the years. They had one of my clients there a few years ago and she never became the player she could have been. Partly her fault and the other part belongs to UNC. My goal will continue to be(once I return to work) Make sure that none of my clients ever goes there. I hope they will not even visit.

Did I make that clear? I hope...CRYSTAL.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:09 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:52 pm
laxguy95 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:49 pm Isn't Ashley Humphrey transferring to UNC in the spring?

Are you upset that she’s going to UNC Larry? We know that you have issues with UNC.
As time has passed, I've come around to agreeing with Larry on the Powder Blue Crew. One of Larry's takes I now fully agree with--Jenny Levy is overrated. She's great in some respects, but her coaching? Meh. She's been lucky in May on occasion, as well.
How many coaches do you consider "better" than her?
In D1 about 15 at least. If I go D2 and D3, we're talking about 15 more.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

LarryGamLax wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:23 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:09 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:52 pm

As time has passed, I've come around to agreeing with Larry on the Powder Blue Crew. One of Larry's takes I now fully agree with--Jenny Levy is overrated. She's great in some respects, but her coaching? Meh. She's been lucky in May on occasion, as well.
How many coaches do you consider "better" than her?
In D1 about 15 at least. If I go D2 and D3, we're talking about 15 more.
You kill me Larry. OK - start naming your coaches that are better than Jenny
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kate Livesay?
westcoastlax

Post by westcoastlax »

Coach Livesay is outstanding

https://athletics.middlebury.edu/staff- ... livesay/75

Career 255-37

Middlebury 2016-23
128-11 with National championships in 16/19/22/23 and runner-up in 18. Did not play in 20/21

Trinity 2007-14
127-26 with National championship in 2012 and runner-up in 13/14
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Ginny Martino is the winningest coach of all time in ANY DII sport:

https://wcupagoldenrams.com/sports/wome ... rtino/2059

(WCU is the cradle of modern-day women's lacrosse and field hockey)
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Worst kept secret. UNC finally announces the Humphrey transfer
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Curious- how does the transfer portal work? I read that it lasts for 45 days after championship season… after that can players not enter until the next time it opens? My D is thinking of transferring but has some tough decisions to make and we don’t think 45 days is enough…
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

Curious- how does the transfer portal work? I read that it lasts for 45 days after championship season… after that can players not enter until the next time it opens? My D is thinking of transferring but has some tough decisions to make and we don’t think 45 days is enough…

My daughter transferred after her sophomore year. She was honest with her coach took several days to decide and the coach told her if that school was not the best fit then she would help her find the one that was. She only wanted to transfer to one school. We told her to be open minded. She talked to two schools the first day or two and then she got a call from the school and they flew her out and she committed. I think it was within five days.
We know other girls that took over a month and one who never got picked up. It’s a challenge. You have to network and be prepared. Every coach asks why you are transferring and coaches talk to each other.
I think the 45 days is to start school in the fall. Also when transferring a lot of SA lose credits.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

laxinforlife wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:41 pm Curious- how does the transfer portal work? I read that it lasts for 45 days after championship season… after that can players not enter until the next time it opens? My D is thinking of transferring but has some tough decisions to make and we don’t think 45 days is enough…

My daughter transferred after her sophomore year. She was honest with her coach took several days to decide and the coach told her if that school was not the best fit then she would help her find the one that was. She only wanted to transfer to one school. We told her to be open minded. She talked to two schools the first day or two and then she got a call from the school and they flew her out and she committed. I think it was within five days.
We know other girls that took over a month and one who never got picked up. It’s a challenge. You have to network and be prepared. Every coach asks why you are transferring and coaches talk to each other.
I think the 45 days is to start school in the fall. Also when transferring a lot of SA lose credits.
I would love to ask a question. Is it like how it was when they were in high school and they are emailing the schools they are interested? Or is it once they hit the portal, coaches who are interested reach out to you? I’m thinking it has to be the first but who knows. It’s hard to find any info on portals online even though it is so prevalent now in other sports.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I suspect former club coaches start by putting feelers out to see if there is interest IF a SA enters the portal.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

laxfan22 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:30 pm Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I suspect former club coaches start by putting feelers out to see if there is interest IF a SA enters the portal.
I would only do this if you don't care about the current coach finding out before your D tells them. As pointed out already, coaches talk.

As far as the 45 days, I believe that's for kids to be eligible to play immediately the following year. The portal is always open to the best of my knowledge but there are deadlines for playing eligibility.
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:51 pm
laxinforlife wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:41 pm Curious- how does the transfer portal work? I read that it lasts for 45 days after championship season… after that can players not enter until the next time it opens? My D is thinking of transferring but has some tough decisions to make and we don’t think 45 days is enough…

I would love to ask a question. Is it like how it was when they were in high school and they are emailing the schools they are interested? Or is it once they hit the portal, coaches who are interested reach out to you? I’m thinking it has to be the first but who knows. It’s hard to find any info on portals online even though it is so prevalent now in other sports.
The first two coaches contacted my daughter and she has reached out to the school she wanted to go to and ended up going to but her current coach of the school she transferred from reached out to the school she wanted to transfer to which is pretty unusual but that coach is a wonderful person and we think incredibly highly of her. My daughter had multiple reasons for transferring but none were that coach! She is one of the best! The school just wasn’t the right fit. My daughter got emails from coaches I think it just depends on who you are and no we did not reach out to club coaches prior to entering the portal because that is not allowed. Once you’re in the portal the contact can begin .

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”