Duke Fans

D1 Mens Lacrosse
xxxxxxx

Re: Duke Fans

Post by xxxxxxx »

nms wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:19 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:46 am
lilax wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:57 am Word around LI is O’Neill is nursing a bad injury. If I am Duke and I already have clinched an NCAA birth, I sit him, and start Slusher.

I don’t see any benefit of having him hobble around out there.
good chance he's been nursing it for a while from what i gather (hammy?). if i'm duke, i don't believe i've clinched anything. expect if he can, he'll be going this weekend. they do get a weekend off and ~2 weeks to their next game. which if they feel they can handle or get a quick lead may effectively give a chance for another week off.
Duke has nothing clinched. A few losses by Denver, and suddenly Duke has zero top 10 wins.
Duke has the number 1 RPI, they are in

https://lacrossereference.com/stats/rpi-d1-men/
coda

Post by coda »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:15 am
lilax wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:57 am Word around LI is O’Neill is nursing a bad injury. If I am Duke and I already have clinched an NCAA birth, I sit him, and start Slusher.

good chance he's been nursing it for a while from what i gather (hammy?). if i'm duke, i don't believe i've clinched anything. expect if he can, he'll be going this weekend. they do get a weekend off and ~2 weeks to their next game. which if they feel they can handle or get a quick lead may effectively give a chance for another week off.
Duke has nothing clinched. A few losses by Denver, and suddenly Duke has zero top 10 wins.

It will annoy many fans, but I think the ACC is essentially a lock for 4 teams in the tournament
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:15 am

yes. they are now. o'neill played and played pretty well. but they could probably trot out 38-40 year old max quinzani at this point vs the hoos.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

coda wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:17 am It will annoy many fans, but I think the ACC is essentially a lock for 4 teams in the tournament
What's the worst thing that could happen? Duke loses to UNC and then drops the first game of the ACC tourney? Not enough to keep them out. UVa loses to ND and then in first game of the ACC tourney, leaving them on a four game losing streak? Where are their good wins (Maryland?)? And what if a bid thief emerges in the B1G or Ivy and Georgetown wins the Big East? I think you're right, it's still probably not enough to drop them, but there might be a path where they do get left out.
coda

Post by coda »

nyjay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:43 am
coda wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:17 am It will annoy many fans, but I think the ACC is essentially a lock for 4 teams in the tournament
What's the worst thing that could happen? Duke loses to UNC and then drops the first game of the ACC tourney? Not enough to keep them out. UVa loses to ND and then in first game of the ACC tourney, leaving them on a four game losing streak? Where are their good wins (Maryland?)? And what if a bid thief emerges in the B1G or Ivy and Georgetown wins the Big East? I think you're right, it's still probably not enough to drop them, but there might be a path where they do get left out.
Maybe Virginia, but they are sitting with a top 6 RPI. That isnt going to fall playing ND. I think it would take a couple bid-stealers to knock them out. Possible, but likely a long shot.
coda

Post by coda »

Just amazing how Duke can look so good 1 game and look completely lost the next. I have counted 1 quality shot for the Duke offense in the 1Q
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

coda wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:29 pm Just amazing how Duke can look so good 1 game and look completely lost the next. I have counted 1 quality shot for the Duke offense in the 1Q
Almost like there’s a difference between playing ND and Syracuse…
coda

Post by coda »

[flash=][/flash]
coda wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:29 pm Just amazing how Duke can look so good 1 game and look completely lost the next. I have counted 1 quality shot for the Duke offense in the 1Q
Of course they score and run good offense right after I post that. Interesting that ONeill was out on that
coda

Post by coda »

BigTurn wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:30 pm
There is, but I feel lot of it is self-inflicted. Trying to beat ND from up top had never had a hugh probability of success. Lot 1 on 1 play in the 1Q, not much ball movement
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

This is more about ND than Duke imo, but Duke’s inconsistency is a season long thing, heck honestly a years long thing at this point. They blew out Cuse, were getting blown out by UNC. Their offense racked up goals against Duke, UNC, Cuse; but had trouble hitting 10 against Cuse 1st time, Denver, and BU

This year they’ve been an up and down team who probably get the 2 seed just due to RPI boosts from the ACC and everyone else also inconsistent. Last year was the best team they’ve had in a long time. 2022 they miss the tournament

Nowhere near the consistency you get from ND, or UVA prior to this last month, or Maryland at their best
Finster

Post by Finster »

coda wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:32 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:30 pm
There is, but I feel lot of it is self-inflicted. Trying to beat ND from up top had never had a hugh probability of success. Lot 1 on 1 play in the 1Q, not much ball movement

I had no great or even good reason to hate Duke, but this Jekyll and Hyde personality/character of the team is making me hate them now. 7-1 ND now. Inexcusable play.
coda

Post by coda »

jrn19 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:40 pm This is more about ND than Duke imo, but Duke’s inconsistency is a season long thing, heck honestly a years long thing at this point. They blew out Cuse, were getting blown out by UNC. Their offense racked up goals against Duke, UNC, Cuse; but had trouble hitting 10 against Cuse 1st time, Denver, and BU

This year they’ve been an up and down team who probably get the 2 seed just due to RPI boosts from the ACC and everyone else also inconsistent. Last year was the best team they’ve had in a long time. 2022 they miss the tournament

Nowhere near the consistency you get from ND, or UVA prior to this last month, or Maryland at their best
In fairness, we should mention Naso is out for this game. Probably would be playing m, if this was a tournament game
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Duke has been uneven, but today, this is about a team with superior roster, scheme, hustle and coaching.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

coda wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:51 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:40 pm This is more about ND than Duke imo, but Duke’s inconsistency is a season long thing, heck honestly a years long thing at this point. They blew out Cuse, were getting blown out by UNC. Their offense racked up goals against Duke, UNC, Cuse; but had trouble hitting 10 against Cuse 1st time, Denver, and BU

In fairness, we should mention Naso is out for this game. Probably would be playing m, if this was a tournament game
Def a part, but Lynch also has had a lot of success against Naso in their careers
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Nice job by Danowski Junior holding O'Neill to one goal today ...
Finster

Post by Finster »

NYlax222 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:59 pm Duke has been uneven, but today, this is about a team with superior roster, scheme, hustle and coaching.

Superior? ND:

Roster, no

Scheme, maybe

Hustle, absolutely

Coaching, meh

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”