NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
longislandking

Re: NESCAC

Post by longislandking »

Just heard some interesting rumors from one of my good buddies who's a men's assistant hockey coach at Middlebury, he was telling me how he overheard their athletic director complaining about how playing a 6:30 pm on Trinity's campus would pose an unfair advantage to the Panthers. Apparently, they are worried about the level of drunkenness in the crowd and are petrified that the Trinity student section will bring them to shambles. In a meeting that took well over 2 hours, the Midd AD finally constructed their masterplan: ban Trinity students from sitting in the bleachers behind the Middlebury bench, increase security presence to ensure no drinking, and removal of any student with slandering remarks towards Middlebury players, as well as requesting the Trinity AD to stand in between the benches. Honestly, as a fan of the Liberty conference and former NEWMAC player, I could really care less about these two teams, however I REFUSE to pass up such an opportunity for good drama, and that's why I love this forum. This story is truly too comical to not share, and I figure there will be plenty of BANTer about this game to come. Thinking about making the drive up to Hartford to get eyes on this game...

One thing I don't understand that was told to me from my friend was the repeated use of the Middlebury AD saying the term "Billy Soft Lips" or something like that and how if anyone says anything about a kid named Billy on Midd doing any sucking activities in his free time with other male athletes they will be forcibly removed and receive a Title IX warning from the school. Can't make this sh*t up, long live D3 lax baby!
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

longislandking wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm Just heard some interesting rumors from one of my good buddies who's a men's assistant hockey coach at Middlebury, he was telling me how he overheard their athletic director complaining about how playing a 6:30 pm on Trinity's campus would pose an unfair advantage to the Panthers. Apparently, they are worried about the level of drunkenness in the crowd and are petrified that the Trinity student section will bring them to shambles. In a meeting that took well over 2 hours, the Midd AD finally constructed their masterplan: ban Trinity students from sitting in the bleachers behind the Middlebury bench, increase security presence to ensure no drinking, and removal of any student with slandering remarks towards Middlebury players, as well as requesting the Trinity AD to stand in between the benches. Honestly, as a fan of the Liberty conference and former NEWMAC player, I could really care less about these two teams, however I REFUSE to pass up such an opportunity for good drama, and that's why I love this forum. This story is truly too comical to not share, and I figure there will be plenty of BANTer about this game to come. Thinking about making the drive up to Hartford to get eyes on this game...

One thing I don't understand that was told to me from my friend was the repeated use of the Middlebury AD saying the term "Billy Soft Lips" or something like that and how if anyone says anything about a kid named Billy on Midd doing any sucking activities in his free time with other male athletes they will be forcibly removed and receive a Title IX warning from the school. Can't make this sh*t up, long live D3 lax baby!
You should go and we expect a report. Lol
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

mailsy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 pm
longislandking wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm Just heard some interesting rumors from one of my good buddies who's a men's assistant hockey coach at Middlebury, he was telling me how he overheard their athletic director complaining about how playing a 6:30 pm on Trinity's campus would pose an unfair advantage to the Panthers. Apparently, they are worried about the level of drunkenness in the crowd and are petrified that the Trinity student section will bring them to shambles. In a meeting that took well over 2 hours, the Midd AD finally constructed their masterplan: ban Trinity students from sitting in the bleachers behind the Middlebury bench, increase security presence to ensure no drinking, and removal of any student with slandering remarks towards Middlebury players, as well as requesting the Trinity AD to stand in between the benches. Honestly, as a fan of the Liberty conference and former NEWMAC player, I could really care less about these two teams, however I REFUSE to pass up such an opportunity for good drama, and that's why I love this forum. This story is truly too comical to not share, and I figure there will be plenty of BANTer about this game to come. Thinking about making the drive up to Hartford to get eyes on this game...

You should go and we expect a report. Lol
Holy F!!!! Isn't that what college sports kinda is??? Kids getting drunk and rowdy...cheering and, perhaps, heckling (w/out profanity please!) the opponent and trying to influence the game on their teams behalf...having a great time at a game and rooting loudly and vociferously for their gang?!?!! Hey, bring it on!!! And then as the opponent have our boys (as is in this case , could be gals) shut the student section up with our performance...as opposed to mommy/the AD/the Popo/Security/Paul Blart Mall Cop!!! Bunch of freakin Snowflakes!! Play the game, full report please!!! CLD
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Btw, I will say this about my experience w the Trinity adult fans/parents, not sure if it was one or the other but, in the Tufts game one of the Tufts players got hit high, I thought it was a cheap shot as did the refs. One of the adults on the Trinity side, maybe parent, maybe just adult fan, started shouting something to the effect of, "flop" "get up" "you're not hurt" etc., it was a little agro, actually just plain embarrassing.....anyway, this one could be fun to watch tomorrow as the Midd folks are passionate as well!! Any and all reports welcome!!!
Last edited by callaxdad on Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

So, longislandking, or lik for short (sounds like lick but, and I'm definitely not disparaging you in any way, I will get back to that reference shortly!! haha) I notice this is your first foray onto the forum, which is fine. That said, I have to take your post, complete with anonymous assistant hockey coach source, with a grain of salt. Not saying you're a fraud, just saying that, as a first time poster, this is very provocative. So, that said, being from Cal, I don't think we should discriminate against this person you call Billy or anything he chooses to do with his lips (lick or otherwise)!! Haha. Nor should we try to silence people from their first amendment right to cheer and root for their favorite guy "Billy Soft Lips"!! This game should be a doosy!! CLD
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

And yet apparently you can.
LaxDad1963

Post by LaxDad1963 »

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous. Former Middlebury head coach and current AD is not “worried” about a makeshift program in the gross outie bellybutton of central Connecticut. At 6:30pm on a Saturday night, Trinity student will still be with their algebra 1 tutors; Hartford Public High has more rigorous courses than Trinity. Coach Campbell always has a well oiled machine prepared to play ridiculously pathetic programs like the bantTHEMS. I hope for a day when Trinity can compete in this conference, but today is not that day. The fans won’t matter. The chants won’t matter. And “Billy soft lips” will subtly kiss the bantams goodnight with a sweet peck on the forehead. Goodnight. Xoxo
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

LaxDad1963 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:22 am

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous. Former Middlebury head coach and current AD is not “worried” about a makeshift program in the gross outie bellybutton of central Connecticut. At 6:30pm on a Saturday night, Trinity student will still be with their algebra 1 tutors; Hartford Public High has more rigorous courses than Trinity. Coach Campbell always has a well oiled machine prepared to play ridiculously pathetic programs like the bantTHEMS. I hope for a day when Trinity can compete in this conference, but today is not that day. The fans won’t matter. The chants won’t matter. And “Billy soft lips” will subtly kiss the bantams goodnight with a sweet peck on the forehead. Goodnight. Xoxo
^strong response 💪🏻💪🏻

As it’s his first post ever, methinks lik might be doin some trollin here!!
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

Random yet somewhat related to the previous posts: There are 8 William’s (or Billy’s) on the Midd roster.

Has anybody ever seen a first name dominate a roster like that? EIGHT dudes with the same name seems crazy.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

I can no longer tell what is serious, what is sarcasm, and what is sarcasm building on prior sarcasm in this thread.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

“Snowflakes”. Will they also be providing “safe rooms” for players who have their feelings hurt by taunts from the stands. So beyond pathetic. Grow some “nads” and shut the opponent’s fans up by crushing their team on the field.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Laxguy3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 am Saturday Lines (nice):

Ham @ Conn +5.5
Colby @ Williams -2.5
Amherst @ Tufts -6.5
Bowdoin @ Wes +1.5
Midd @ Trinity +3.5
I’ll go…

Hamilton -5.5
Williams -2.5
Amherst +6.5
Bowdoin -1.5
Middlebury -3.5
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Any reason why the tufts amherst game is being filmed from the substitution box??
ah23

Post by ah23 »

callaxdad wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 pm Any and all reports welcome!!!
Had an away game at Trinity where seemingly every bro and bro-ette on campus decided to turn that Saturday into a giant darty around the field. They were obnoxious as hell, but looking back it was kind of a cool environment. Would rather get heckled (without it crossing a line) than have no one show up.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:16 pm Any reason why the tufts amherst game is being filmed from the substitution box??
Probably a/v issues...no excuses for this though imo. Team spends 30k+ on social media work and this is what you end up with? Hope AC smokes em
bonesnjnts

Post by bonesnjnts »

Gotta say that I’ve been to four games at home this year and nothing but polite fans. Actually a quiet atmosphere for the most part.

I’m in Vegas, but my hearts in Hartford.
ncaalax2010

Post by ncaalax2010 »

Wesleyan is the real deal! They just beat up a good, very good Bowdoin team today. Let's be truthful: if Jack Raba played in the Trinity game last week, they would win by 4 or 5, and Wesleyan would be the top dog. Glad he is back and they are dominating. Their offense looks pretty Unstoppable. Great effort by the Cardinals!!!
bonesnjnts

Post by bonesnjnts »

would be an interesting rematch in the conf tourney
Olddawg83

Post by Olddawg83 »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:43 am Random yet somewhat related to the previous posts: There are 8 William’s (or Billy’s) on the Midd roster.

Has anybody ever seen a first name dominate a roster like that? EIGHT dudes with the same name seems crazy.
The rumors are that Billy uses his soft lips for extra curricular activities
ergit

Post by ergit »

Olddawg83 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 pm
VTLaxGuy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:43 am Random yet somewhat related to the previous posts: There are 8 William’s (or Billy’s) on the Midd roster.

The rumors are that Billy uses his soft lips for extra curricular activities
Why don’t you leave player’s names out of it since you don’t post under your own.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”