TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Big Dog

Re: TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

Post by Big Dog »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:11 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:09 am
BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:37 am We muted most of the Jays PSU game so we didn't have to listen to Q the K's inane babbling.
It was remarkably refreshing.
I don't normally mind Q too much but if he mentions one more time that Degnon had Salmonella! :roll:
Don't forget, he had mono too.
Don't forget, part of Q's job is to help grow the game and audience for espn. As (hopefully) each televised game contains new eyeballs, a some human interest back story of key players can be welcome to those new viewers (and explain why he is a 6ith year senior?). If Degnon was in the Olympics this year, nbc would run a whole 5 minute segment on his illness.
Booker

Post by Booker »

random observer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:22 pm Speaking of broadcasters, I'm beyond sick of Booker Corrigan continually plugging events run by Corrigan Sports every 5 minutes, no matter how irrelevant they are to what's happening in the game he's calling. Absolutely shameless and gross, but he seems to get a pass from everyone. And yet we have a four page thread complaining about Quint calling an EMO a power play because it aligns with PLL terminology...
Hi, I’m Booker Corrigan. I have always posted using my own name and people either know or they don’t. they either like me or they don’t ~ their opinion of me is none of my business ….

Who is Random Observer ?

I have 2 children and a wife, and I announce part time. My main job is with CSE and we do own and operate the All American games. 90% of the games I am lucky enough to call are largely paid for by CSE. So yes I am going to mention them. I also help work very many of the Underclass tryouts, and I love having the chance to remind all these great lacrosse parents to “model the behavior they expect” and I always help encourage every play to do all they can to grow into the “best possible version of themselves” it’s not an opportunity I take lightly. I love this sport and respect every player and coach.
Again, I post using my own name and I truly enjoy having fun anytime I’m around the sport of lacrosse.
I can honestly say that I can’t recall ever doing any game ever when I plugged CSE “EVERY 5 MINUTES”. Sorry I might now be your style CSE is my employer and they sincerely do spend a good bit of money getting these games on the air.
You and I should call a game sometime soon. It’s incredibly fun and the close games are amazing.
What dates would work for you, Random Observer ? I’d be happy to call you by your real name.
Please let me know soon, as we have a good slate coming up.

Thanks. We will have a great time doing the game !!
Booker
PS ~ To All ~ please try to post positive stuff about our amazing kids. They work hard and had to deal with CoVid …..
Finster

Post by Finster »

Booker wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:58 pm
random observer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:22 pm Speaking of broadcasters, I'm beyond sick of Booker Corrigan continually plugging events run by Corrigan Sports every 5 minutes, no matter how irrelevant they are to what's happening in the game he's calling. Absolutely shameless and gross, but he seems to get a pass from everyone. And yet we have a four page thread complaining about Quint calling an EMO a power play because it aligns with PLL terminology...
Hi, I’m Booker Corrigan. I have always posted using my own name and people either know or they don’t. they either like me or they don’t ~ their opinion of me is none of my business ….

Who is Random Observer ?

I have 2 children and a wife, and I announce part time. My main job is with CSE and we do own and operate the All American games. 90% of the games I am lucky enough to call are largely paid for by CSE. So yes I am going to mention them. I also help work very many of the Underclass tryouts, and I love having the chance to remind all these great lacrosse parents to “model the behavior they expect” and I always help encourage every play to do all they can to grow into the “best possible version of themselves” it’s not an opportunity I take lightly. I love this sport and respect every player and coach.
Again, I post using my own name and I truly enjoy having fun anytime I’m around the sport of lacrosse.
I can honestly say that I can’t recall ever doing any game ever when I plugged CSE “EVERY 5 MINUTES”. Sorry I might now be your style CSE is my employer and they sincerely do spend a good bit of money getting these games on the air.
You and I should call a game sometime soon. It’s incredibly fun and the close games are amazing.
What dates would work for you, Random Observer ? I’d be happy to call you by your real name.

Booker
PS ~ To All ~ please try to post positive stuff about our amazing kids. They work hard and had to deal with CoVid …..

Dude,

You are by far my favorite announcer. Your love of the game and the players comes through. I wouldn’t have any clue who if any team you favor.

Random is a good dude. Just got up on the wrong side of the bed today is my guess.

By the way, Booker is every young lacrosse players favorite announcer; everywhere I’ve gone they know Booker. This guy sells the game far more than any of us. You ought to send him some Venmo cash if I’m being frank.

You do an incredible job, Booker. Ignore the haters, that mostly comes from someone just having a bad day.

Carry on brother!!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

“That shot was so for right, Michael Moore is doing a documentary on it” 😂😂😂
Last edited by youthathletics on Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Finster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:03 pm You do an incredible job, Booker.
+1
Booker & George were great today on the Cornell-ND game.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Who is Random Observer ?

Booker
Booker, you and George always have fun with the games and seem to be fans of all the kids on the field. The line about the Kardashians made me spit my beer. :lol:
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Henpecked wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:51 pm

Who is Random Observer ?

Booker
Booker, you and George always have fun with the games and seem to be fans of all the kids on the field. The line about the Kardashians made me spit my beer. :lol:
Whoever said "He's got the hands of a Moyle" at 4:58 of the 3rd made me laugh out loud.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Who is Random Observer ?

Booker
Whoever said "He's got the hands of a Moyle" at 4:58 of the 3rd made me laugh out loud.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

No offense and I fully understand that some viewers find that "shtick" entertaining; but I am also sure that others eventually hit the MUTE button for today's ND vs CU game.

To each their own, no harm no foul.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tothedraw wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:10 pm

Who is Random Observer ?

Booker
Hers the one you referenced….and a few others. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5wc3zMr ... 4yNjZ0MGMy
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

tothedraw wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:10 pm

Who is Random Observer ?

Booker
"someone call that corner an Uber, it got hammered"
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

It was well done by CSE. The game had everything.
Finster

Post by Finster »

CU88a wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:53 pm No offense and I fully understand that some viewers find that "shtick" entertaining; but I am also sure that others eventually hit the MUTE button for today's ND vs CU game.

To each their own, no harm no foul.

It’s not really a schtick when it’s who you are. Booker is an incredibly friendly, positive guy who has a natural affinity for good natured quips. I can absolutely tell you that every high school player I’ve run into loves the guy, not because they buy into a ‘schtick’, but because he keeps everything positive, knows the players, spends time with them, and is genuinely curious about their lives outside lacrosse. The guy is the real deal, zero airs about him.
molo

Post by molo »

Are Booker and George brothers? I have a funny story about the older George Corrigan, the brother of Gene and Dick Corrigan, former UVA and Yale coaches.
Finster

Post by Finster »

molo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:08 pm Are Booker and George brothers? I have a funny story about the older George Corrigan, the brother of Gene and Dick Corrigan, former UVA and Yale coaches.

I don’t know. I do know that his sister is Kelly, who is an accomplished writer and well known podcaster.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

molo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:08 pm Are Booker and George brothers? I have a funny story about the older George Corrigan, the brother of Gene and Dick Corrigan, former UVA and Yale coaches.
Yes they are, Radnor legends.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Who is Random Observer ?

Booker

You are the man, Book. Keep being you. The positivity in your broadcast is awesome. Prayers to your wife and family. Cheers.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Beninati and Dixon. B1G Network. Adults in the room.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm Beninati and Dixon. B1G Network. Adults in the room.
Beninati is legit. Calls all the Caps games.
~Livy
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

The CBS Sports crew is solid with E Washburn on color (live now Navy - Loyola).

I like Dixon and Joe, Dixie gets a bit pbpish when he is on color cuz he does pbp on other broadcasts.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”