B1G 10 Conference Championship - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxnut

Re: No worries!

Post by wlaxnut »

Turtles Lax wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:38 am Terrapins have shells...no problem(s) in rain. 8-)

TL might have a bad hair day, but TL’s Laxchix will be just fine. Play on!

Peace, out.

TL

wlaxnut wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:22 am Still thunderstorms in the forecast for late afternoon. Rats! as Charlie Brown was wont to say.
They won’t be just fine if there’s lightning. That’s what the most recent forecast is calling for.
Turtles Lax

Duh!

Post by Turtles Lax »

:roll: Even TL knows that...but doesn’t understand why they simply don’t play with wood sticks in that scenario. :o

But TL digresses...to this important observation. The one seed should always and forever get the early game! PERIOD! (Any sport...not just lax.).

Though it certainly did not affect Carolina last week, it surely can affect a team that must endure weather delays, OT’s, and other factors that lengthen ‘first’ games.

TL understands teevee outlets want marquee games for prime time matchups but they should not have the option of picking.

That is all.

Peace, out.

TL
wlaxnut

Re: B1G 10 Conference Championship - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by wlaxnut »

I'm really happy for Northwestern finally beating Maryland. They took control of the game early and never relented. Too little, too late for Maryland. Largely, I felt they played an uninspired game. I never really got a sense of urgency from them. They're not the powerhouse they used to be. They narrowly escaped losses in games against Syracuse and North Carolina earlier this year, so this game was not a surprise. 5 of 12 folks on LaxPower Back-Up Stick picked NU to win. I was impressed with the poise the 'Cats played with all game--from their goaltender out. It's about time we get a little new blood in the winners circle. Maybe we'll see more in the weeks to come.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Just saying, NU is hardly new blood. BC, Cuse — that’s new blood.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:25 pm Just saying, NU is hardly new blood. BC, Cuse — that’s new blood.
In the B1G 10 winners circle, definitely new blood--and in the Terps winning circle. When was the last time Maryland lost to anyone besides UNC and BC? You have to go back a good ways to find out. Last time NU beat Maryland was 7 years ago. For the National Championship--I need BC for that new blood, but I'll take anyone besides Maryland.
LuvLax

Post by LuvLax »

wlaxnut wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:21 pm I was impressed with the poise the 'Cats played with all game--from their goaltender out.
Mallory has had plenty of experience. She started every game as a Frosh & Soph. Started 10 games her Jr. Year. She has backed-up this year, but when destiny calls...Big 10 Tourney MVP!

Plus the D held Jen Giles scoreless.

The last time the Terps lost in the Big 10 Tourney, they went on to win the NC. Cathy Reese will have her team ready for the Big Show.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

wlaxnut wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:45 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:25 pm Just saying, NU is hardly new blood. BC, Cuse — that’s new blood.
In the B1G 10 winners circle, definitely new blood--and in the Terps winning circle. When was the last time Maryland lost to anyone besides UNC and BC? You have to go back a good ways to find out. Last time NU beat Maryland was 7 years ago. For the National Championship--I need BC for that new blood, but I'll take anyone besides Maryland.
Ohio State, 2015
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

LuvLax wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:58 pm
wlaxnut wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:21 pm I was impressed with the poise the 'Cats played with all game--from their goaltender out.
Mallory has had plenty of experience. She started every game as a Frosh & Soph. Started 10 games her Jr. Year. She has backed-up this year, but when destiny calls...Big 10 Tourney MVP!

Plus the D held Jen Giles scoreless.

The last time the Terps lost in the Big 10 Tourney, they went on to win the NC. Cathy Reese will have her team ready for the Big Show.
We shall see, but we shall see. If you don’t have the horses, no amount of good coaching will make the difference.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Hop Clinches the 4 seed

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Unless of course anyone thinks Michigan will beat Mighty Maryland tomorrow. (I added the Mighty on Fenny's behalf)

But seriously--with the Jays owning the tiebreaker vs the Wolverines, they are sure to give coach Tucker one more shot at getting a first time program win over the Chelonians.

OuttaNowhereWregget

The Big 10 gets a day in the sun this Friday. Guessing the Maryland/Johns Hopkins game, nor I guess the NU/Rutgers game will be very competitive. Still compelling matchups both, in prime time. Many talented players on all four rosters. So maybe NC/BC on Saturday and Maryland/NU Sunday. Not too shabby.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Next year the Big 10 conference championship format will include all 7 teams.
Poursuivant

Post by Poursuivant »

Just got back from the MD/Hopkins game and watching the Rutgers/NU game on TV. What unreal weather for lax! However, what been really mind boggling has been the game calling by the refs. I’ve heard of letting them play, but I thought it was getting a bit too much. My wife, who was not raised playing or watching lacrosse, even commented about players needing helmets. I thought there were questionable checks and slashes that were not called consistently.
Watching the Rutgers/NU game, my impression from the first game is reinforced. Do the refs have something against Gilbert? She can’t buy a flag or a card! That poor girl is getting mugged out there!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

The Northwestern cross check on a defenseless Rutgers player with 13 seconds left in the game was embarrassing and uncalled for. The Rutgers played handled it well. I hope KAH has a lengthy discussion with her player. And I hope it was a momentary lapse in judgement
OuttaNowhereWregget

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:40 pm The Northwestern cross check on a defenseless Rutgers player with 13 seconds left in the game was embarrassing and uncalled for. The Rutgers played handled it well. I hope KAH has a lengthy discussion with her player. And I hope it was a momentary lapse in judgement
That was shameful--and an all too common occurrence from the Wildcats. I lost some respect for Girardi and the team after watching that.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:40 pm The Northwestern cross check on a defenseless Rutgers player with 13 seconds left in the game was embarrassing and uncalled for. The Rutgers played handled it well. I hope KAH has a lengthy discussion with her player. And I hope it was a momentary lapse in judgement
Dirty play from a dirty, undisciplined, and thuggy program.

Who do I sound like?
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxer12 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:51 pm
Dirty play from a dirty, undisciplined, and thuggy program.

Who do I sound like?
I calls 'em like I sees 'em. If a play is dirty, undisciplined or thuggy--then that's what I'll call it--regardless of what color the uniform is.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Northwestern fans right about now, and who can blame them...

OuttaNowhereWregget

2024 Big Ten Women's Lacrosse Tournament Schedule

Saturday, April 27 - Quarterfinals at campus sites of higher seeds

Game 1: #4 Seed vs. #5 Seed
Game 2: #2 Seed vs. #7 Seed
Game 3: #3 Seed vs. #6 Seed

Thursday, May 2 (Semifinals at Martin Stadium, Evanston, Ill.)

1 p.m. (BTN) Game 4: #1 Seed vs. Game 1 Winner
3:30 p.m. (BTN) Game 5: Game 2 Winner vs. Game 3 Winner

Saturday, May 4 (Championship at Martin Stadium, Evanston, Ill.)

5:30 p.m. (BTN) Game 6: Game 4 Winner vs. Game 5 Winner

I don't like brackets for conference tournaments. Teams should be reseeded after each round. Lowest plays highest because it pays to win.

And current standings:

2024 Women's Lacrosse Standings

Michigan 4-1 (14-1)
Northwestern 4-1 (12-2)

Current seeds below before Sunday's NU at Michigan final Big 10 regular season game.

#3 Penn State 4-2 (9-6)
#4 Maryland 4-2 (12-4)
#5 Johns Hopkins 2-4 (10-6)
#6 Rutgers 1-5 (7-8)
#7 Ohio State 1-5 (7-8)
LaxDadMax

Re: 2024 Big Ten Women's Lacrosse Tournament Schedule

Post by LaxDadMax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 am Saturday, April 27 - Quarterfinals at campus sites of higher seeds

Game 1: #4 Seed vs. #5 Seed
Game 2: #2 Seed vs. #7 Seed
Game 3: #3 Seed vs. #6 Seed

Thursday, May 2 (Semifinals at Martin Stadium, Evanston, Ill.)

1 p.m. (BTN) Game 4: #1 Seed vs. Game 1 Winner
3:30 p.m. (BTN) Game 5: Game 2 Winner vs. Game 3 Winner

Saturday, May 4 (Championship at Martin Stadium, Evanston, Ill.)

5:30 p.m. (BTN) Game 6: Game 4 Winner vs. Game 5 Winner

I don't like brackets for conference tournaments. Teams should be reseeded after each round. Lowest plays highest because it pays to win.

And current standings:

2024 Women's Lacrosse Standings

Michigan 4-1 (14-1)
Northwestern 4-1 (12-2)

Current seeds below before Sunday's NU at Michigan final Big 10 regular season game.

#3 Penn State 4-2 (9-6)
#4 Maryland 4-2 (12-4)
#5 Johns Hopkins 2-4 (10-6)
#6 Rutgers 1-5 (7-8)
#7 Ohio State 1-5 (7-8)
What will the tiebreaker be for a 3-way tie at 4-2 between UM, MD and PSU who all split against each other?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Let’s go PSU! Upset coming!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”