The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

https://www.ft.com/content/3b819571-662 ... e682b55700

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.
https://www.ft.com/content/3b819571-662 ... e682b55700

The US is on track to grow at double the rate of any other G7 country this year, according to IMF forecasts, as the strength of the world’s biggest economy rocks international markets.

Strong household spending and investment will help propel US growth to 2.7 per cent this year according to the fund’s latest World Economic Outlook.

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.

The figure is higher than the 2.5 per cent estimated for 2023 and represents a 0.6 percentage point upgrade on the previous forecast.

The projections highlight the US economy’s role as the driver of global growth, as investors across the world scale back their expectations for Federal Reserve interest rate cuts.

The IMF said the next best performer in the G7 this year would be Canada, with growth of 1.2 per cent.

It added that Germany’s expansion would be the weakest among the G7 at 0.2 per cent. Japan is forecast to experience growth of 0.9 per cent, while the UK is set to expand by just 0.5 per cent after flatlining in 2023.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DFJ tells another whopper. Who knew his uncle was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea. The military says his plane crashed into the sea. Clearly his uncle wasn't eaten by cannibals. They didn't even have Franks Red Hot sauce. No wonder KJP eyes look like they are ready to pop right out of their sockets trying to explain yet again more stupid chit out of the mouth of DFJ. 8-)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Who's ready to choose..... Freedom over Democracy?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Rockefeller was eaten by cannibals as i recall. I fon’t think he said more than his uncle’s plane was lost and the body never recovered or found and there were cannibals in the area.

Trump can talk for an hour in gibberish and yet you neber call him out. You are what you support.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 am Who's ready to choose..... Freedom over Democracy?
Freedom to do what, have a medical procedure?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am Rockefeller was eaten by cannibals as i recall. I fon’t think he said more than his uncle’s plane was lost and the body never recovered or found and there were cannibals in the area.

Trump can talk for an hour in gibberish and yet you neber call him out. You are what you support.
Nice try at attempting to spin one more gaffe from DFJ. Joe is much more entertaining because you never know what stupid chit will flow from his mouth at any given moment. DFJ should have you in his administration. You would fit in rather nicely. Are you easily offended? DFJ has reputation for mother effing his own people. :D
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 am Who's ready to choose..... Freedom over Democracy?
Don't know....Biden said it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm
Not like he remembers saying it.. :D
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ok :roll: ...but he's 100's of times used these words together with no verbal gaffe.
https://www.ft.com/content/28ef281e-5f6 ... b36f9fb439

I only see Fox News reporting on there being any gaffe. But the speech reporters at WH correct it as it was obvious misspeak.

Full text of his speech, which was nearly all ad lib: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... phia-pa-2/

Any time you want to make fun of Trump's constant flow of gaffes or lies, which are present every single speech and every single time speaking at some length to the press, go ahead.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

End of his speech...

"Let me close with this. I know Bobby Kennedy liked Greek poets, and they’re great, but I prefer Irish poets. (Laughter.) And that’s not a joke, unfortunately. (Laughter.) My colleagues used to always kid me for quoting Irish poets on the floor of the Senate. They thought I did it because I’m Irish. That’s not the reason. They’re the best poets in the world. (Laughter.)

The one I enjoy particularly is Seamus Heaney. He wrote a poem called “The Cure at Troy” that reminds me of the courage of Bobby Kennedy, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. And it goes like this, one stanza. It says, “History teaches us do not hope on this side of the grave. But then, once in a lifetime, that longed-for tidal wave of justice will rise up, and hope and history rhyme.”

In 2024, we have a chance to make hope and history rhyme again. Are you ready to do that with me? (Applause.)

Are you ready to move forward, not back? (Applause.)

Are you ready to choose unity over division, dignity over demolition, and choose truth over lies? (Applause.) Are you ready to choose freedom over [and] democracy? Because that’s America. (Applause.)

Folks, I’ve been doing this a long — I know I only look like I’m 40, but I’ve been doing this a long time. (Laughter.) But I’ve never been more optimistic about our future, and I mean it.

We just have to remember who we are. We’re the United States of America. There is nothing — I mean this sincerely. Think about it. We’re the only nation in the world — as a student of history, I can say — that’s come out of ever crisis stronger than we went in.

There’s nothing — nothing beyond our capacity when we do it together.

God bless you all. And may God protect our troops."
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am Rockefeller was eaten by cannibals as i recall. I fon’t think he said more than his uncle’s plane was lost and the body never recovered or found and there were cannibals in the area.

Nice try at attempting to spin one more gaffe from DFJ. Joe is much more entertaining because you never know what stupid chit will flow from his mouth at any given moment. DFJ should have you in his administration. You would fit in rather nicely. Are you easily offended? DFJ has reputation for mother effing his own people. :D

Pathetic but so typical to see blathering without substance. Frfkect, duck, cover, distract. Your stuff in a nutshell
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 pm
ok :roll: ...but he's 100's of times used these words together with no verbal gaffe.

I only see Fox News reporting on there being any gaffe. But the speech reporters at WH correct it as it was obvious misspeak.

Full text of his speech, which was nearly all ad lib: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... phia-pa-2/

Any time you want to make fun of Trump's constant flow of gaffes or lies, which are present every single speech and every single time speaking at some length to the press, go ahead.
How do you know it was ad lib?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ohmilax34 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 pm

He’s omniscient….😂
~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 pm

He’s omniscient….
:lol: :lol:

Especially when it goes against the preferred narrative!

Joe
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

My question is not an attack. I read the transcribed bit that was quoted in this thread and was impressed. I thought it was well written. I don't know if it was written, but that was what I thought when I read it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

If not, it was certainly a very relaxed back and forth. Parts certainly were prepared, others pretty standard language from stump. Quite clear it was simple misspeak. Rhythm of what he was saying but not undoubtedly as intended.

I’d be more concerned about other speeches he’s been doing where he states things as fact that are not accurate. Typically just stated incorrectly but sometimes flat untrue and certainly should not get past any formal speech writing process. My sense is that President Biden frequently is off script and that’s when misspeaking happens. The White House generally corrects those misspeaks, but harder to do when flat untrue.

He’s said a couple of times that more people in China are retired than working. Very incorrect. What is true is that more people are retiring than joining the workforce and if this demography continues with current population trends that’s where they will be eventually. And there’s no viable way out of that demographic trap other than much faster dying of older, much later retirement, or much higher birth rates. None of which are viable politically. Or immigration which is against core one China ideology. Indeed, young people with means are more likely to leave China than Chinese descent returning.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 pm My question is not an attack. I read the transcribed bit that was quoted in this thread and was impressed. I thought it was well written. I don't know if it was written, but that was what I thought when I read it.
Yes, thought so too, but when you see whole set of comments which I’d linked in prior post, that looks like lots of ad lib, relaxed not formal. The closing was more prepared it seemed to me, and obviously what he said was not as intended nor written. One word makes all the difference.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

He’s omniscient….😂
Just look at his full set of comments and tell me you don’t think a lot was ad lib, relaxed. Such a silly critique.

Plenty to challenge with Biden’s veracity and command of facts, but this is a silly critique of a simple misspeak.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 pm

He’s omniscient….
:lol: :lol:

Especially when it goes against the preferred narrative!

Joe
Why does it not surprise me that you would chime in nonsensically with zero content contribution, just personal?
;) :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Biden: the chameleon, liar, pandering man, that other nations should respect... :roll: https://x.com/RNCResearch/status/1784687909590720769

We depparetly need a 6th grader as POTUS, it would be an upgrade.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”