Top Teams

D3 Womens Lacrosse
lovelax

Re: Top Teams

Post by lovelax »

Midd squeaked by Tufts, Wes beats Smith...now for Bullets F&M Wednesday!

Wes zone D effectively limited both Tufts and Smith's dodgers who are the keys to both teams' attacks. Once that route was shut down, Smith's key attackers forced bad shots (4 of 8 shots on goal by one) and were neutralized. Not enough ball movement by Smith to beat Wes zone. This game is a blueprint how to stop WS. Still Wes is more athletic than last year and has some firepower on attack. Last year Wes beat tufts in the regular season and lost to Tufts in the Nescac playoff semis and NCAA tourney; however, they are formidable, and I would rank them # 2 right now. They handled Salisbury and gave Midd all they could handle.

Tuft Midd game was one of runs. Midd out in front 9-3 but didn't score in the 3rd period and had a 10-10 tie going into the last period. Tufts adjusted to Midd D which neutralized Tufts dodgers until the second half. Great adjustment by Tufts to make it a game. The recap said attendance was over 750.... awesome support for two top teams.

I see Midd tufts and Wes as top 4 teams this year but there will be at least two more losses for these teams after Nescac playoffs. The F&M/Bullet winner will host Centennial playoffs but these teams play each other so closely who wins is anyone's guess. Salisbury had the best OOC schedule in the country and will win out to NCAA seeding but has underperformed in the playoffs the last two years. W&L also wins out but a weak second half conference schedule does not have them prepared for the talent of the top teams. Smith will rebound and win the LL playoffs but what I saw yesterday was heavy reliance on two dodgers again and not much support elsewhere.

The last month will be interesting!
Sunnylax

Re: Top Teams

Post by Sunnylax »

lovelax wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:30 am Midd squeaked by Tufts, Wes beats Smith...now for Bullets F&M Wednesday!

Wes zone D effectively limited both Tufts and Smith's dodgers who are the keys to both teams' attacks. Once that route was shut down, Smith's key attackers forced bad shots (4 of 8 shots on goal by one) and were neutralized. Not enough ball movement by Smith to beat Wes zone. This game is a blueprint how to stop WS. Still Wes is more athletic than last year and has some firepower on attack. Last year Wes beat tufts in the regular season and lost to Tufts in the Nescac playoff semis and NCAA tourney; however, they are formidable, and I would rank them # 2 right now. They handled Salisbury and gave Midd all they could handle.

Tuft Midd game was one of runs. Midd out in front 9-3 but didn't score in the 3rd period and had a 10-10 tie going into the last period. Tufts adjusted to Midd D which neutralized Tufts dodgers until the second half. Great adjustment by Tufts to make it a game. The recap said attendance was over 750.... awesome support for two top teams.

I see Midd tufts and Wes as top 4 teams this year but there will be at least two more losses for these teams after Nescac playoffs. The F&M/Bullet winner will host Centennial playoffs but these teams play each other so closely who wins is anyone's guess. Salisbury had the best OOC schedule in the country and will win out to NCAA seeding but has underperformed in the playoffs the last two years. W&L also wins out but a weak second half conference schedule does not have them prepared for the talent of the top teams. Smith will rebound and win the LL playoffs but what I saw yesterday was heavy reliance on two dodgers again and not much support elsewhere.

The last month will be interesting!
Sorry to be a nudge but William Smith does not go by Smith. If you want to abbreviate just use WS. Bothers me as an alum. :)

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”