"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:35 pm The long timers who have had the most access to what the intelligence produces say it’s a very important tool.
Of course it's a useful tool, and I'm not arguing that it isn't.

Warrantless searches and surveillance would help Law Enforcement to catch more criminals, no question. Who's wants to sign
up for that?

This isn't how America works, and it's the 4th Amendment for a very good reason. Do folks want to live in a police state with the idea that we'll bag more bad guys?

Yeah, me neither. Which is why I vehemently oppose the ironically-named Patriot Act.
a fan

Post by a fan »

This is why I'm so.....aggressive.....about the laughable idea that American Justice System should steer clear of investigating and indicting politicians.

If this is how they act knowing they might get caught? Imagine what they'll do if we tell them that no matter what they do, Justice won't lift a finger to investigate them, let alone indict them.

Democratic Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar indicted by DOJ on conspiracy and bribery charges
The indictments are related to a 2022 investigation into US businessmen and their relationship with the nation of Azerbaijan

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democr ... estigation
Last edited by a fan on Fri May 03, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:57 pm This is why I'm so.....aggressive.....about the laughable idea that American Justice System should steer clear of investigating and indicting politicians.

If this is how they act knowing they might get caught? Imagine what they'll do if we tell them that no matter what they won't do, Justice won't lift a finger to investigate them, let alone indict them.

Democratic Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar indicted by DOJ on conspiracy and bribery charges
The indictments are related to a 2022 investigation into US businessmen and their relationship with the nation of Azerbaijan

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democr ... estigation
Show me the man!!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”