My 2024 probably not gonna happen predictions

D1 Womens Lacrosse
MolonLaxe

Re: My 2024 probably not gonna happen predictions

Post by MolonLaxe »

Jacksonville is out of the running for the ASUN and I think Lidenwood has a great shot at beating out Liberty and winning it all. Yea, it's too early but I could see this happening.
timber18888

Post by timber18888 »

hmmm wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:30 pm
timber18888 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:28 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 pm - Northwestern wins national title, but loses at least 2 games

- Final Four: Northwestern, BC, Maryland, Cuse

- Elite Elite: Final Four plus UNC, USC, Denver, Hopkins

- At some point in the season, Laliberty will be benched at NU for Argentieri

- Erin Coykendall wins Teerwarton. Other finalists -- Scane, Smith, Sweitzer,

- JMU and Loyola fall off and don't win their conferences

- Freshman of the year: Clevenger

- Brown and Coastal Carolina make the tourney

- Columbia wins its first Ivy league game in several years

- Clemson doesn't win more than 2 ACC game
What's your reasoning behind Laliberty getting benched?
Well, she already was yesterday. Just not for Argentieri.
That wasn't because she was underperforming — it was more like Marquette was so bad that it didn't matter. If KAH didn't want Laliberty to be starting I think it would have been more evident if Argentieri had been playing (considering that she's probably the clear second-choice goalie).

Laliberty was the only reason why the ND game was remotely close. It's hard to save every shot when your offense turns the ball over every two minutes
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

MolonLaxe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:44 pm Jacksonville is out of the running for the ASUN and I think Lidenwood has a great shot at beating out Liberty and winning it all. Yea, it's too early but I could see this happening.
Lindenwood looked awfully composed in their win over Louisville the other day. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win the conference championship. I'm horrible with D2 and D3 but didn't Lindenwood win a national title or more when they were in the different D? If so, then it's in their DNA to excel.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:13 pm
MolonLaxe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:44 pm Jacksonville is out of the running for the ASUN and I think Lidenwood has a great shot at beating out Liberty and winning it all. Yea, it's too early but I could see this happening.
Lindenwood looked awfully composed in their win over Louisville the other day. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win the conference championship. I'm horrible with D2 and D3 but didn't Lindenwood win a national title or more when they were in the different D? If so, then it's in their DNA to excel.
You are correct. Lindenwood won the D2 Natty in 2021. Color me shocked that they have come out of the gates like they have this year. Missouri isn't exactly a top destination, but they have thus far proved me wrong.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

timber18888 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:44 pm
hmmm wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:30 pm
timber18888 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:28 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 pm
- At some point in the season, Laliberty will be benched at NU for Argentieri

What's your reasoning behind Laliberty getting benched?
Well, she already was yesterday. Just not for Argentieri.
That wasn't because she was underperforming — it was more like Marquette was so bad that it didn't matter. If KAH didn't want Laliberty to be starting I think it would have been more evident if Argentieri had been playing (considering that she's probably the clear second-choice goalie).

Laliberty was the only reason why the ND game was remotely close. It's hard to save every shot when your offense turns the ball over every two minutes
In the post game interview, KAH said that LaLiberty wasn't injured so I take it she just got the day off.
I don't blame LaLiberty for the loss.

Cara did a great job. She saved 70% of SOG. If she is #3, that's a deep bench.

https://youtu.be/SOi4j4mKTeM?si=cXBWeTUMj9vGtDwL
Quill

Post by Quill »

Will Columbia get its IVY win Saturday over Big Green?
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Quill wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:24 am Will Columbia get its IVY win Saturday over Big Green?
unlikely :)

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”