NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ChopMan23

Re: NESCAC

Post by ChopMan23 »

Laxdad457 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:54 pm Image
Love the ‘Bos but you can’t, as a head coach, be arguing with a burner account on twitter
smoova

Post by smoova »

So, about Middlebury ...
Last edited by smoova on Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Criticizing Tufts for having a Pride game is certainly a choice…
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

ah23 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 pm Criticizing Tufts for having a Pride game is certainly a choice…
What makes a game a “Pride game”?
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Laxfan1414 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:16 pm
ah23 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 pm Criticizing Tufts for having a Pride game is certainly a choice…
What makes a game a “Pride game”?
The hosting school (or both, I suppose) calls it that, publicizes it that way, and makes it clear why, which AFAIK the Tufts men’s and women’s teams did.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

Another rough day for the Laxattackjack and Choochoo crew as Middlebury blows out #4 and previously undefeated St. Lawrence. They are so terrible and overrated yet sit at 5-2 in conference and now have a win over a higher ranked team than any team down South has pulled off this year. Their losses are three top-10 teams, a Babson team that is easily top-15 and Hamilton (better team than Lynchburg). Marathon, not a sprint.
topstringking327

Post by topstringking327 »

Week Predictions

Middlebury vs SLU: Honestly shocked by this result. The Panthers took the preseason fraudulent comments to heart. Great win for the NESCAC and makes the conference look strong

Wesleyan vs. Trinity: Trinity could be a sleeper here, but I don't see the Cocks putting up points against a strong zone D. Jack Raba may be the frontrunner for NESCAC player of the year after dropping a six-pack of points on Tufts. Connor Garzone must be back in 2016 after Ben "Feel the Bern" Burns torched the Jumbo keeper. (Feel bad for the Tufts groundcrew that has to replace all of those nets)

Tufts vs Bates: I fear for Bates. They should be terrified. I don't see Tufts pulling their starters after a loss. I'm expecting a 30-piece McNugget from the Jumbos offense. Bates may be the New York Jets of the NESCAC. We're talking Mark Sanchez butt fumble-era Jets. I don't know if they get an in-conference win this year.

Amherst vs Conn College: The New London Camels may be in for one here. After a dominating performance against a subpar Williams team, the Wooly Mammoths will ride to CT and take care of business

Colby vs Bowdoin: Colby is itching for an upset. It will happen at some point and Wednesday could be the day. Bernhardt is going to have his boys fired up for an in-state rivalry game. Where else but the NESCAC can you find a Mule battling a Polar Bear on a Wednesday night?

Hamilton vs. Williams: Williams is a bunch of frauds. FRAUDS. My stock report on the purple cows is "sell". Continentals beat the Ephs in a landslide if Jacl "Chicken" Fried is making saves.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

SouthieLax wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm Another rough day for the Laxattackjack and Choochoo crew as Middlebury blows out #4 and previously undefeated St. Lawrence. They are so terrible and overrated yet sit at 5-2 in conference and now have a win over a higher ranked team than any team down South has pulled off this year. Their losses are three top-10 teams, a Babson team that is easily top-15 and Hamilton (better team than Lynchburg). Marathon, not a sprint.
Going to laugh when Lynchburg gets in and Hamilton doesn't :lol:
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

StevieUAlum wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:36 pm
SouthieLax wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm Another rough day for the Laxattackjack and Choochoo crew as Middlebury blows out #4 and previously undefeated St. Lawrence. They are so terrible and overrated yet sit at 5-2 in conference and now have a win over a higher ranked team than any team down South has pulled off this year. Their losses are three top-10 teams, a Babson team that is easily top-15 and Hamilton (better team than Lynchburg). Marathon, not a sprint.
Going to laugh when Lynchburg gets in and Hamilton doesn't :lol:
If they win their AQ then they deserve it. But if you think Lynchburg 5-5 (with a forfeit win which is embarrassing for the very weak ODAC) is getting an at-large ahead of Hamilton 6-4 with head-to-head over Lynchburg…nope.
nospringchicken

Post by nospringchicken »

StevieUAlum wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:36 pm Going to laugh when Lynchburg gets in and Hamilton doesn't :lol:
why? ... you like affirmative action for southern schools?
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Really? Taking a victory lap? This is the one? The game that disproves that a 7-5 Middlebury is down from finishing 18-3 last year?

Look, I take no pleasure in Middlebury being down (they are down). I don’t even take pleasure in the NESCAC as a whole being down (it is, and notice I haven’t been piling on as Tufts returns to earth). It’s not a personal matter for me, I do however take pleasure in being right in my prediction, which was made especially satisfying by how hard posters pushed back on it. Clearly my prediction, and it’s coming to fruition, cut you deeply, so I’ll offer a change of topic.

How many NJIT players transferring in to Middlebury do you think it would take for Middlebury to get the NESCAC AQ?
ah23

Post by ah23 »

SouthieLax wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:07 pm But if you think Lynchburg 5-5 (with a forfeit win which is embarrassing for the very weak ODAC) is getting an at-large ahead of Hamilton 6-4 with head-to-head over Lynchburg…nope.
IMO Hamilton has no shot unless they win out (and maybe go on a mini conference tourney run). They have two good wins, but outside of that their resume is really weak.
GrayPanther

Post by GrayPanther »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:19 pm Really? Taking a victory lap? This is the one? The game that disproves that a 7-5 Middlebury is down from finishing 18-3 last year?

Look, I take no pleasure in Middlebury being down (they are down). I don’t even take pleasure in the NESCAC as a whole being down (it is, and notice I haven’t been piling on as Tufts returns to earth). It’s not a personal matter for me, I do however take pleasure in being right in my prediction, which was made especially satisfying by how hard posters pushed back on it. Clearly my prediction, and it’s coming to fruition, cut you deeply, so I’ll offer a change of topic.

How many NJIT players transferring in to Middlebury do you think it would take for Middlebury to get the NESCAC AQ?
Such a sweet, sweet concession. Delicious ...

Good night sweet price ... er ... troll ...
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Did anyone watch any of this? Has to be one of the more surprising results of the season, in the middle of a very weird stretch for Middlebury.

In the past ten days, they have:
- looked lifeless in a loss against Hamilton
- won a rock fight with Colby
- dominated two top ten teams

Make it make sense!
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

ah23 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:50 pm Image

Did anyone watch any of this? Has to be one of the more surprising results of the season, in the middle of a very weird stretch for Middlebury.

Make it make sense!
Mid week tilts with sane day bus rides can make for some awful play. To me, that explains SLU at Midd and Midd at Hamilton. Midd at Colby is explained by Midd’s inconsistent scoring all season. They have a tough time on offense in large part - inability to get shots, bad decision making, and turnovers. When they’re scoring, they have tremendous defense and can play with most, if not all - see Wesleyan.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

nospringchicken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:43 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:36 pm Going to laugh when Lynchburg gets in and Hamilton doesn't :lol:
why? ... you like affirmative action for southern schools?
Helps that Koudelka is the committee chair....
TucoBPJMRamirez

Post by TucoBPJMRamirez »

Make it make sense!
I watched it on and off. SLU didn't look prepared for the aggressive zone or the 10-man ride, which combined to generate a ton of possessions for Midd - I think the SLU goalie had close to 20 saves by halftime. Teams have been successful against Midd's offense when they double pole the middies by sticking a shorty on #29 (RPI, Babson, Union) or run packed zone in front of a hot keeper (Hamilton). Surprisingly, SLU did neither and allowed Midd to run it's standard offense without much trouble. Perhaps the SLU coaches felt like they matched up well. Will be interesting to see what Tufts does on Saturday.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

TucoBPJMRamirez wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:05 am

Make it make sense!
I watched it on and off. SLU didn't look prepared for the aggressive zone or the 10-man ride, which combined to generate a ton of possessions for Midd - I think the SLU goalie had close to 20 saves by halftime. Teams have been successful against Midd's offense when they double pole the middies by sticking a shorty on #29 (RPI, Babson, Union) or run packed zone in front of a hot keeper (Hamilton). Surprisingly, SLU did neither and allowed Midd to run it's standard offense without much trouble. Perhaps the SLU coaches felt like they matched up well. Will be interesting to see what Tufts does on Saturday.
Also saw a few offsides called on SLU. Football lines for the win.
CradleKing

Post by CradleKing »

Chipzhoo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

Make it make sense!
Mid week tilts with sane day bus rides can make for some awful play. To me, that explains SLU at Midd and Midd at Hamilton. Midd at Colby is explained by Midd’s inconsistent scoring all season. They have a tough time on offense in large part - inability to get shots, bad decision making, and turnovers. When they’re scoring, they have tremendous defense and can play with most, if not all - see Wesleyan.
You could be on to something Chipzhoo. Per @saints_mlax on instagram, the team was spotted on taking a pit stop in Lake Placid halfway to Midd. Trippie Red clark and the rest of the saints defense probably took the time to get some reps in roomers. This could explain the poor decision making you reference.
Mainelaxfan

Post by Mainelaxfan »

Bowdoin is atop the NESCAC right now, but they finish with Colby, a rivalry game, then Williams, Amherst, @ Wesleyan and @ Tufts. How many conference L’s do you think they’ll end up with?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”