Virginia 6A 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
OSVAlacrosse

Re: Virginia 6A 2019

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

ReLax! wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 pm 6A Rankings going into Regional Play (IMHO):
1. Madison: Convincing victory over a talented Oakton team to take Concorde. Who are those guys?
2. Oakton: Tough loss to Madison after OT win over Westfield
3. Westfield: Could still win it all. Their goalie can steal games
4. South Lakes: On a roll in capturing Liberty crown. Will likely have tough test v Oakton Monday
5. SoCo: Win over Robo last night sets them up nicely for regionals. Lotta heart here
6. Patriot: Has the talent, but can they put it all together against non-Cedar competition
7. Freedom: Very good defense, could surprise - don't sleep on these guys.
8. Yorktown: Well coached squad that fights hard but has had some unfortunate injuries
9. Chantilly: Scrappy crew that could win it all - next year
10. Battlefield: Younger team that will do well in coming years. Maybe 1-2 yrs away?
11. West Springfield: Has a few stellar players that have played together since kindergarten. This will be their last rodeo.
The one ranking I would question is #7 Freedom is not a top 11 team in 6A and lost to Forrest Park a combined 54-2 this season.
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:28 am
ReLax! wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 pm 6A Rankings going into Regional Play (IMHO):
1. Madison: Convincing victory over a talented Oakton team to take Concorde. Who are those guys?
4. South Lakes: On a roll in capturing Liberty crown. Will likely have tough test v Oakton Monday
5. SoCo: Win over Robo last night sets them up nicely for regionals. Lotta heart here
6. Patriot: Has the talent, but can they put it all together against non-Cedar competition
8. Yorktown: Well coached squad that fights hard but has had some unfortunate injuries
10. Battlefield: Younger team that will do well in coming years. Maybe 1-2 yrs away?
11. West Springfield: Has a few stellar players that have played together since kindergarten. This will be their last rodeo.
The one ranking I would question is #7 Freedom is not a top 11 team in 6A and lost to Forrest Park a combined 54-2 this season.
I am guessing they thought the Freedom South Riding was 6A.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

MyLongStick wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:22 am
OSVAlacrosse wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:28 am
I am guessing they thought the Freedom South Riding was 6A.
Now that we eliminate Freedom from the rankings I do like West Springfield in the top 10. I was wondering if having a top 11 was a spinal tap reference?
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

With the removal of Freedom, let’s add ROBO and make Tilly and B-field a 9A and 9B. So Mr. OSVA, technically that’s 11 teams, but realistically seems to be an accurate Top TEN? Sorry if I broke the rules.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

:oops: Yes, my bad on Freedom. Thought they were 6A. Still a damn good team w/ Posey and Myers. So we take them out to make 10 :D
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

And for you non-6Aers out there, yes Briar Woods, Riverside or Atlee might be able to beat them all.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Champe, Broad Run, Dominion, and Stone Bridge also better than Freedom and would be in a top 10 list if all public schools are included. However I think Robinson should be in the top 11 6A list but keep it 11 so that WS can stay in the list.
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

OSVA great This Is Spinal Tap clip. FYI my name is for the take away check so the reference to the movie and 11 is inadvertent. Nevertheless my top ten lists will include 11 teams in honor of the best tongue in cheek rock band parody ever.
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

Those new regions are weird for lacrosse. The 3 #1s in Region C are SoCo, Colgan and West Po? From the top 11 on this board Colgan and West Po ain't gettin a ton of love. Looks like this format pretty much guarantees Rob/Woodson/SoCo spots in state tournament or am I reading that incorrectly?

It's a shame everybody can't be in the same region. In my opinion those were the most exciting games (other than Rob/Tilly 2OT '15 state championship) as teams knew their seasons were on the line. Hardwood/Pollack firing at will, another save by Kondracki!!! those memories still give me chills.
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

Good point FX - it is a shame as many of the better teams will get bounced early in Region D while other mediocre teams in other regions will march into states. SoCo has the path of least resistance. Colgan did not get much love as they are a one man show with Chris Clarke. West Po has surprised this year and its good to see them rising but they are not a top 10 (11?) team.
JMlacrosse

Post by JMlacrosse »

Anyone know where they post scores for last night's games?
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

JMlacrosse wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:21 am Anyone know where they post scores for last night's games?
Great question. I have been keeping up with my son’s team on inside lacrosse by posting the results but I am in the minority. Which stinks because the ratings need all schools to report to make it even close to accurate. For individual schools I have been going to their twitter accounts.

Max preps has attempted to be “the place” but that too is basically like inside lacrosse: dependent on parents.

VHSL is another (failed) story.
Adriano

Post by Adriano »

Laxnumbers.com is a pretty good resource too, but incumbent upon a team admin to post updated scores.
sguy

Post by sguy »

JMlacrosse wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:21 am Anyone know where they post scores for last night's games?

Laxnumbers.com is absolutely the most complete source of scores right now.
JMlacrosse

Post by JMlacrosse »

Thanks. We've had a hard time finding results. Fanlax has been a pretty good reference this year. Appreciate the help!
UnderArmourOdor

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

Region C First Round on 5/17

Woodson 16 Woodbridge 3
Forest Park 19 Justice 6
Robinson 16 Annandale 6
West Springfield 20 Hayfield 6
TC Williams 13 Hylton 11

Region C Quarterfinals on 5/21

Woodson @ West Potomac
Robinson @ Forest Park
West Springfield @ Colgan
TC Williams @ South County

Region D First Round on 5/17

Stonewall Jackson 8 Yorktown 5
Chantilly 12 Marshall 6
Battlefield 9 McLean 2
Westfield 11 Langley 5
Oakton 14 Osbourn Park 2

Region D Quarterfinals on 5/20

Stonewall Jackson @ Madison
Chantilly @ Battlefield
Westfield @ Patriot
Oakton @ South Lakes
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

Region C must stand for CUPCAKES. In Region C quarter finals are Colgan, West Springfield, Forest Park and TC Williams - all LOUSY teams, and the remaining teams in C are at best above average and will get FREE Passes to states. Meanwhile, over in the Region D quarters are 5 of the top 7 teams in our Top 11. What a S**T Show. Great work VHSL admin.
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

SpinalTap14 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:24 pm Region C must stand for CUPCAKES. In Region C quarter finals are Colgan, West Springfield, Forest Park and TC Williams - all LOUSY teams, and the remaining teams in C are at best above average and will get FREE Passes to states. Meanwhile, over in the Region D quarters are 5 of the top 7 teams in our Top 11. What a S**T Show. Great work VHSL admin.
While WS, Colgan and SoCo aren't lousy teams I agree with the sentiment. As I said earlier its a darn shame. Some good teams will not get into states
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

As my son has graduated here's my last summary of how some of the NoVa boys did at the next level. This is D1. Will post D2/3 tomorrow. Congrats to these men who were able to play a sport and stay in college. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me (unless if you went to UNC :lol: )

Jack Flynn AF/Dominion 18 G/5 A 27 GBs
Kyle Richbourg AF/CVille 1 A 7 GB 1 CT
Jordan Cole Army/McLean 8 GB 9 CT
Jackson Newsome Brown/W&L 14 G 3 A 20 GBs
Kevin Quigley Bryant/SoCo 5 G 2 A 20 GBs
Conor Shears Bucknell/Yorktown 26 GBs 23 CTs (2nd team all Patriot League)
Parker Baddley Colgate/Battlefield 3 G 19 GB 15 CT
Chris Laclellan Drexel/Madison 7 G 2 A 8 GBs
Kevin Petrillo GTown/Westfield 2 G 2A
Darren Almodiel Hampton/Chantilly 2 G 1 A 28GB 18 CT
Ryan McLaughlin herndon/High Point 1 G 1 A
Colin Zimmerman High Point /Chantilly 1 G 1 GB 2 CT
Holden Patterson Marquette/Robinson 6 G 1 A
Kyle Brickerd Maryland/Broad Run 1 G 1 GB
Nick Cole Navy/Stone Bridge 20 G 9 A 21 GB 4 CT
Colin Meehan Navy/Chantilly 2 GB
Jack Rowlett UNC/Robinson 4 G 40 GB 20 CT
Brendan Wallace Ohio State/Chantilly 1 GB