You've always wanted to know... useless information thread

General Chatter
AOD

Re: You've always wanted to know... useless information thread

Post by AOD »

DMac wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:39 am Indeed it was, the right-hand man of the Creator himself (he truly was a special guy. RIP).
She played a little HS wlax, told me she had a wooden stick at home, was her father's. I told
her I'd bring mine in so she could touch it.
I thought I recognized his work. We have one in the house. Yes, he truly was a special guy.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, his works of art are pretty easily recognizable (beyond the wood burned "logo", date, and signature), he was the master, made the best sticks. I've picked up and screwed around with some made by others but none of them feel like Alfie's, his were/are just the best. I know that's a horrible picture but if you look closely you can see the purple shooting string on there (blends in with the door), a dead give away that it's an Alfie.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Works of art by a master artist - I still have my 1970s-era Mohawk box stick that Alfie refurbished for me a few years back as a favor to a mutual friend - brought it back to life as only a divinely inspired true artist could. :D :D :D

RIP Alfie!
DMac

Post by DMac »

How'd he do on the pocket/stringing?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

DMac wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:13 am How'd he do on the pocket/stringing?
He ACED it, of course. :D
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Plan 9 From Outer Space

For more than half a century this was considered the worse movie ever made. Brace yourselves: modern audiences now consider it a good movie:

https://screencrush.com/movies-with-sur ... es-scores/

Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)
Rotten Tomatoes Score: 66

The worst movie ever made? Not according to Rotten Tomatoes. In fact, according to Rotten Tomatoes, Plan 9 From Outer Space isn’t even a bad movie. Ed Wood’s signature creation is actually fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. Talk about a reversal of critical fortune.

Read More: 25 Movies With Surprising Rotten Tomatoes Scores | https://screencrush.com/movies-with-sur ... m=referral

You would have thought a -66. Times sure have changed.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”