Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
spidey44

Re: Games Today

Post by spidey44 »

Madlax59 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:08 pm Cuse looks good.
Cornell not so much.
Cornell goalie struggling.
Running clock shortly.
I thought you wrote a haiku for a second :lol:
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

spidey44 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:08 pm
Cornell not so much.
Running clock shortly.
sometimes I'm long winded .....trying to work on that ;)
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

spidey44 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:08 pm
Cornell not so much.
Running clock shortly.
That’s good…..
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:30 pm
GratefulRed wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:34 am
DMac wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:57 am Based on what I'm seeing, drizzly might be a nice relief for this one. Red sky in morning and all that...big red sky in Cuse this morning and I think even more red in Ithaca. Scary game in lousy conditions.
Forecast calls for pain.

Trap game for 'Cuse. And yes, Sea, Farmers' Market is only weekends. Chapter House is no more. Ithaca Beer Co in Collegetown is close. Otherwise head to the Crescent lot and hunker down.
Brother Red, tried to talk my son into going to Ithaca College if only to have a reason to visit in the Fall and late Spring -- to no avail. He went to Vermont and apparently mastered bong-hitting/food truck activity by his third or fourth week there. But Burlington was fun too.

I am going to watch this game after the fact, because I won't be home by the 3:00 start. So my plan: I am going to head to my sport-watching lair with beer and pizza, and my wife's "here he goes again" smirk in the rear view mirror.

DMac, are you going to Schoellkopf for the game?
Sea, sounds like your son ended up in a great spot. His day-to-day would have been very similar here--just wearing different colors.

D, you didn't miss much--as far as the women's matinee at least. Weather turned out to be almost tropical. Neither cold nor windy enough to impact the Orange's clinic. However, for those of you who haven't seen/heard about the men's nightcap--instant classic.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:24 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:08 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:03 pm I like it a lot, 8-2 now, would really like to see 10-2 at the half....oops, 9-2. Sorry, 10-2 now.
Corned beef treats are pretty good, coffee good, toasty and dry.
Here's how you make corned beef...will definitely do this again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOeXH5vZKE&t=316s
11-2 at the half.
Cuse looks good.
Cornell not so much.
Running clock shortly.
Cornell should be better than this. Moribund program. Could use some, er, rejuvenation.
Lots of staff turnover at Cornell past few years…anyone got the skinny on that? Seems like they can win there based on the men’s team success.
DMac

Post by DMac »

GratefulRed wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:57 am Based on what I'm seeing, drizzly might be a nice relief for this one. Red sky in morning and all that...big red sky in Cuse this morning and I think even more red in Ithaca. Scary game in lousy conditions.
Forecast calls for pain.

Trap game for 'Cuse. And yes, Sea, Farmers' Market is only weekends. Chapter House is no more. Ithaca Beer Co in Collegetown is close. Otherwise head to the Crescent lot and hunker down.
Brother Red, tried to talk my son into going to Ithaca College if only to have a reason to visit in the Fall and late Spring -- to no avail. He went to Vermont and apparently mastered bong-hitting/food truck activity by his third or fourth week there. But Burlington was fun too.

I am going to watch this game after the fact, because I won't be home by the 3:00 start. So my plan: I am going to head to my sport-watching lair with beer and pizza, and my wife's "here he goes again" smirk in the rear view mirror.

Sea, sounds like your son ended up in a great spot. His day-to-day would have been very similar here--just wearing different colors.

D, you didn't miss much--as far as the women's matinee at least. Weather turned out to be almost tropical. Neither cold nor windy enough to impact the Orange's clinic. However, for those of you who haven't seen/heard about the men's nightcap--instant classic.
Was very surprised when I tuned in, weather wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Didn't look balmy but tolerable, all things considered.
Cuse girls got it done, the D continues to impress me, they really made things difficult for the Cornell gals (missing Goodale too...anyone know why she didn't play?). O looked pretty good too.

Vermont was pretty early with the legalization of pot, no?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:07 am
GratefulRed wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 pm
Forecast calls for pain.

Was very surprised when I tuned in, weather wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Didn't look balmy but tolerable, all things considered.
Cuse girls got it done, the D continues to impress me, they really made things difficult for the Cornell gals (missing Goodale too...anyone know why she didn't play?). O looked pretty good too.

Vermont was pretty early with the legalization of pot, no?
I'm not sure legalization was an issue, if you know what I mean. He spent three semesters at UVM, and then worked for a while -- which is what he should have done in the first place (gap year) -- and eventually worked at a school in Los Angeles for nine months, then returned to our state school here in New Hampshire and got his teaching degree. He teaches Eighth Graders in public school here now. He's not going to be "rich" but he seems pretty content with his choices.

Tough night for the Syracuse men's team; just an epic battle.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Seacoaster Spacing Humpday Doubleheader

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Nicely spaced doubleheader today for the Coaster man (and the rest of us.)

4pm - #15 Yale at #4 Boston College on ACCNX via ESPN+

7pm - #5 Penn at #17 Princeton on ESPN+
DMac

Post by DMac »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:35 am I'm not sure legalization was an issue, if you know what I mean. He spent three semesters at UVM, and then worked for a while -- which is what he should have done in the first place (gap year) -- and eventually worked at a school in Los Angeles for nine months, then returned to our state school here in New Hampshire and got his teaching degree. He teaches Eighth Graders in public school here now. He's not going to be "rich" but he seems pretty content with his choices.

Tough night for the Syracuse men's team; just an epic battle.
Do know what you mean, legality hasn't ever much mattered with availability and procurement despite the army of agents the feds deployed on us to save us all from the devil's weed. The war on drugs, ya know. Lunacy.

All's well that ends well, don't have to be rich to be content. Sounds like he did alright to me.
Was at the UVM campus a few years back, nice place.

Yup, epic battle. I liked the girl's game better. Rhode with quite a bit of PT, scored, had a nifty shot that didn't get past the GK but I liked the creativity and quick thinking (caught it in a tough spot, was a little trapped in there). Like the way she plays, she's going to be a force for Cuse before she's done.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

My list of teams I am rooting for is getting shorter . Sorry but the Cuse stat padding at the end of the Cornell game was ridiculous, the game was over way before that .
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ACClaxfan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:23 am My list of teams I am rooting for is getting shorter . Sorry but the Cuse stat padding at the end of the Cornell game was ridiculous, the game was over way before that .
I am a Syracuse fan and nearly the entire 4th quarter I was imploring Coach to get 1, 24, 35 and 44 at least off the field -- if only for the sake of preventing an injury. The way Tyrrell was getting bounced around by the faceguard and the slides, I was worried.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:46 am
ACClaxfan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:23 am My list of teams I am rooting for is getting shorter . Sorry but the Cuse stat padding at the end of the Cornell game was ridiculous, the game was over way before that .
I am a Syracuse fan and nearly the entire 4th quarter I was imploring Coach to get 1, 24, 35 and 44 at least off the field -- if only for the sake of preventing an injury. The way Tyrrell was getting bounced around by the faceguard and the slides, I was worried.
Yes, wondered if/when this would make the FU goals thread. #8 getting one more self-draw seconds before the horn with clock running seemed a bit much, but whatever. Rivalry game.
DMac

Re: Seacoaster Spacing Humpday Doubleheader

Post by DMac »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:50 am Nicely spaced doubleheader today for the Coaster man (and the rest of us.)

The BC-Yale game is showing game time as 2 o'clock on the ESPN guide.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Seacoaster Spacing Humpday Doubleheader

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:58 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:50 am Nicely spaced doubleheader today for the Coaster man (and the rest of us.)

The BC-Yale game is showing game time as 2 o'clock on the ESPN guide.
That would make sense. They changed the start time due to the inclement weather on the way.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

BC-Yale is a nice game; two good teams. Nice vantage point from the cameras.

BC really misses the legendary cutting ability and instincts of Medjid. I'd like to see Baker loosen up and shot more; kid knows what she is doing, steady and reliable, but could be a bigger part of the offense. 6-2 BC in the 2nd.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:44 pm BC-Yale is a nice game; two good teams. Nice vantage point from the cameras.

BC really misses the legendary cutting ability and instincts of Medjid. I'd like to see Baker loosen up and shot more; kid knows what she is doing, steady and reliable, but could be a bigger part of the offense. 6-2 BC in the 2nd.
Not looking good for Yale right now. 7-2 and only 2 goals on FP. Their D hasn't given up more than 10 goals this year since opening day.
DMac

Post by DMac »

14 had a nice pass for a shoulda been assist but Davis missed the cage. Oh well, she put one in herself a minute later.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:49 pm 14 had a nice pass for a shoulda been assist but Davis missed the cage. Oh well, she put one in herself a minute later.
Yup, good player. Fundamentally sound, works hard both ways.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:44 pm BC-Yale is a nice game; two good teams. Nice vantage point from the cameras.

Haven’t watched a lot of Boston College games this year as that freshman Colbert gotten in at all?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:57 pm

Haven’t watched a lot of Boston College games this year as that freshman Colbert gotten in at all?
Someone else who follows them more closely than I do will know; sorry, I just don't.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”