13. Yale
14. Princeton
15. Boston University
16. St. Joseph
17. Navy
18. Rutgers
19. Delaware
20. Villanova

As usual, another crazy week topped off by Maryland. The Terps are still the Terps.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Johns Hopkins with THREE TOP FIVE WINS!!! (The Blue Jays beat Virginia, Georgetown, and themselves in the Denver game.)

DocBarrister 8-)
And Hopkins has the Va win w no Ghobreil for the Hoos.

Anyone know the deal with the UVA FOGO situation? No Ghobrell, no Braun.

Colucci is a good FOGO but not dominant. This could be a real issue for UVA. UVA brought in three (!!!) grad student transfer FOGO’s. That’s remarkable.
Henpecked

Re: 2024 top 20

Post by Henpecked »

Not sure you can have St. Joes #16 and not include the 7-3 Towson Tigers, who ran the Hawks off Hawk Hill a couple weeks ago, in the top 20. Makes no sense.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Chousnake wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:58 pm
CU77 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:37 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 pm The Terps are still the Terps.
Terps are 41-1 against PSU all-time. PSU is still PSU.
I just watched that game and have no idea how PSU lost that game. Just a complete collapse. Bad for Cornell though. I don't think PSU touched the ball for the first 10 minutes of the 4th quarter.
Hold my beer while I pop on video of the Hobart-UMass game yesterday. We give up 5+ Q4 leads over Raymond’s tenure like he gets a performance bonus for it. Why the locks on his door haven’t already been changed I don’t know but anyone wanna swap Tambro and Raymond….ive already hit your bid and looking to expedite the closing.

https://hwsathletics.com/news/2024/3/30 ... temen.aspx
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:08 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:02 pm Tillman >>> Tambroni
Ah, that takes me back to those halcyon days of 2010, when Maryland canned Cottle (no one was happier about that than me) and hired Tillman (who had done OK but not spectacularly with the Crimson), and then, after the Tillman deal was done, PSU hired Tambroni away from Cornell, one year after the national-championship-game appearance in which his team blew a 3-goal lead with 4 minutes to play. Some Terp fans at laxpower were mighty annoyed: they hadn't known that the great Tambroni might be available!

But at the time, some of us Cornell fans suspected that Tambroni might not actually be all that, and maybe that lady AD running the Terps had actually made the right move ...
Nope no way you can celebrate or give any credit to Debbie Yow. Mentored dozens make a career when you’ve heck everything else up. That’s pushing it wayyy to far/
See Martin, Malcolm
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Finster wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:25 am
joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:18 pm OK. So far 3 comments and all hate my poll.

Yup. I got it right again.

I worry when people AGREE with my poll.

Come on QK, bail me out like last week.

Gobigred
Joewillie78

No nits from me. Looks perfectly good.
Thanks Fin,

You know, people always ask something like "wait JW, team a beat team b by 3 at team a's place but team c beat team b by 7 at team b's place and team d beat team c but lost to team a .........and on and on" and to be quite honest, the number 1 factor I use for my polls is the EYE TEST.

I watch these teams and games and judge them based on what my eyes are telling me, not some formula or wild scenario of who beat who , where, and by how much etc.

MY EYES tell me how to rank teams.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:59 am
Finster wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:25 am
joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:18 pm OK. So far 3 comments and all hate my poll.

Yup. I got it right again.

I worry when people AGREE with my poll.

Come on QK, bail me out like last week.

Gobigred
Joewillie78

No nits from me. Looks perfectly good.
Thanks Fin,

You know, people always ask something like "wait JW, team a beat team b by 3 at team a's place but team c beat team b by 7 at team b's place and team d beat team c but lost to team a .........and on and on" and to be quite honest, the number 1 factor I use for my polls is the EYE TEST.

I watch these teams and games and judge them based on what my eyes are telling me, not some formula or wild scenario of who beat who , where, and by how much etc.

MY EYES tell me how to rank teams.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
That’s the best way. You own that. Folks talk their book when they use fairness but it’s out of convenience or personal gain.sot do these arguments are positioning.

Bunch of “Dirt Nasty’s” who I didn’t share before, Joe, but actually is a guy you’ll get to know if you like A24 style films as he’s getting crazy love for Red Rocket now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Rex

My team rumbles in the jungle
Your team plays with your uncle

My team is like supersize
Your team looks like two fries

My team is locked in a cage, right?
Yo team suffers form stage fright

My team is VIP
Yo team needs ID

My team looks like the Chargers, the whole team
Your team looks like it’s 14..

I can go on
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My team bench press 350
Your team couldn’t shoplift at thrifty

My team is bigger than a bridge
Your team looks like a little kids

My team, more mass than the earth
Your team, half staff, it needs work

My team been there, done that
Your team sits with a dunce cap

Anyone getting it yet?
See Martin, Malcolm
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I thought Terps would benefit a lot more from this win,

but, they are now #1 in Strength of Schedule with all 9 games against RPI #21 or better,

Hopkins #2, SoS.
coda

Post by coda »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:36 am I thought Terps would benefit a lot more from this win,

but, they are now #1 in Strength of Schedule with all 9 games against RPI #21 or better,

Hopkins #2, SoS.
They needed that win. IF they lose that game, Maryland's season was on the brink of disaster. I still think the Big 10 is 2 man race with PSU and Hopkins, but that win brings Maryland back into the at-large picture.

Poll is basically
ACC teams then Big 10 teams, then Ivies. Throw Army in the top 10. Gtown somewhere around 10...
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Terps are sitting pretty.

4 At Large for ACC.
2 At Large for the B1G plus the conference Champ.

That'll leave 2 at large for other.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

BigTurn wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:12 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 pm My new top 20 3/31/2024:

1. Virginia
2. Notre Dame
3. Duke
4. Georgetown
5. Johns Hopkins
6. Denver
7. Maryland
8. Penn State
9. Syracuse
10. Army
11. Penn
12. Cornell
13. Yale
14. Princeton
15. Boston University
16. St. Joseph
17. Navy
18. Rutgers
19. Delaware
20. Villanova

As usual, another crazy week topped off by Maryland. The Terps are still the Terps.

Gobigred
Joewillie78

How do you justify UVA over ND… You have Gtown over Hopkins and ND has better wins than UVA
Notre Dame and Virginia are a pick em for #1. It’s not like either one is clearly better at this point so no idea why you are so exorcised over it. It’s one person’s opinion for 1 week. ACC play is starting and it will all be made clear on the field soon enough.
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Ivy League is so hard to rank bc they all just beat the sh*t out of each other. Great competition
Finster

Post by Finster »

masondixonlax wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:34 am Ivy League is so hard to rank bc they all just beat the sh*t out of each other. Great competition

Truth
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

blue angels wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:13 am
BigTurn wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:12 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 pm My new top 20 3/31/2024:

1. Virginia
2. Notre Dame
3. Duke
4. Georgetown
5. Johns Hopkins
6. Denver
7. Maryland
8. Penn State
9. Syracuse
10. Army
11. Penn
12. Cornell
13. Yale
14. Princeton
15. Boston University
16. St. Joseph
17. Navy
18. Rutgers
19. Delaware
20. Villanova

Gobigred
Joewillie78

How do you justify UVA over ND… You have Gtown over Hopkins and ND has better wins than UVA
Notre Dame and Virginia are a pick em for #1. It’s not like either one is clearly better at this point so no idea why you are so exorcised over it. It’s one person’s opinion for 1 week. ACC play is starting and it will all be made clear on the field soon enough.
I agree it’s a pick em. Once again, I’m hardly “exorcised over it.” I made one comment that it doesn’t make sense given he has gtown over hop and nd has a top 5 win. Didn’t realize that was such a heinous offense, have a good one
Finster

Post by Finster »

LaxAllStars wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:20 am QK Top 20

April

https://laxallstars.com/quint-kessenich ... -1st-2024/

Somewhat bizarre rankings here from Quint. Obviously the ND/UVA 1-2 ranking is interchangeable, but I’m not seeing placing us at 3 makes much sense? JoeWillie seems to have a more defendable poll, imo. I’ll never homer a poll for my team(s).
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Finster wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:55 am
masondixonlax wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:34 am Ivy League is so hard to rank bc they all just beat the sh*t out of each other. Great competition

Truth
."....and the two remaining at larges ..."

go ahead, finish it. The two remaining AL's will be split amongst the remaing 55 college teams.

kinda find it amazing , even today, the complete total lack of respect other college programs.

I'm an Irish fan, and I ain't seeing the dominace, albeit over Cleveland St. Who else , that they beat, puts the game face on, prior to the first whistle ?

OSU ? all you gotta do, is yell "glove check".....and they will loose it.

Come on......the evidence IS overwhelming. What do Monmoth, Dartmouth & Manhatten have in common? Lost to Princeton by the same score. Tar Heels, scored a couple last minute goals to make the game appear to be close, but, essentially the same kind of domainace.

Boston University, almost beat Duke at home. We know, home field has no advantage. Just ask ESPN.

fluke game. Always......from the always, ONE bid, other leagues.

and we tolerate a system that values a system.

How can Qunnipiac schedule a game with Syracuse? Brown sure loved beating the Bobcats. And Maryland. Let's get real. You love a system that rewards scheduling based on idiotic systems.

"....sorry Tommy, I would love to get a game with you guys. Think it would be a real battle. Just can't risk it. Your leagues RPI blows. the selection committee doesn't care about wins........"

the game has grown.....the college fan base.....not so much. Bear hugging idiotic numbers to maintain the status quo........

these left over brownies are delicious.......and "eye ball tests" only work if you watch ALL leagues.

Yeah......no other league battles hard. ONLY......the Ivy league beats the crap out of each others.

wish my co-ed Aussie Rules Rugby used the college lacrosse system. The hottest ruckers, are on the Adeline team. All loses, to winning teams. But, since this is big person world, the co-ed female"hookers" on the Adeline team will NOT make the playoffs, as other teams have better records.

If only they use frpi, fsos, fqw, etc.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
DMac

Post by DMac »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:33 am these left over brownies are delicious.......
Wait, what??????????????????
YOU have left overs? ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:47 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:33 am these left over brownies are delicious.......
Wait, what??????????????????
YOU have left overs? ;)
On my twiX account, just learned that: from the Adele Arsnic & Old Lazers TwiX account.
RED check:

CoX, Aus, Formally known as Comingling Sex, or CO ED, Australian Rules Rugby, is announcing a major RULE change: the use of FLAGS.

Not sure how my Adele ladies will fair in this new game. (most likely, very )........rucking just won't be the same. Unless the rule change states the "walleye" carrier (nickname for ball ) has to lie down next to their flag.......

Wonder if Tillman pulled some of the in between periods speech to motivate the boyz.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/r ... &FORM=VIRE

doubtful.......but something put a fire under the Terps motivation
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

joewillie, update your poll! Go crazy :!:

That was wild

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”