Tiffin

D2 Womens Lacrosse
Justoldlaxdad

Tiffin

Post by Justoldlaxdad »

What do u think about 37-0 score in Tiffin game? I am not big on putting up that kind of number
Idontknowtherules

Re: Tiffin

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Justoldlaxdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm What do u think about 37-0 score in Tiffin game? I am not big on putting up that kind of number
I think if a coach clears their bench at the halfway mark, I don’t have a problem with it. This is college at high school. There’s no mercy rule. Mercy just beat the hell out of District of Columbia. I think 23 nothing maybe? I don’t have score exactly, I have a problem and coaches keep their daughters in to pay their stats so they can get some kind of accolade at the end of the year. And don’t develop their younger players in a game like that.
Idontknowtherules

Idontknowtherules wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am
Justoldlaxdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm What do u think about 37-0 score in Tiffin game? I am not big on putting up that kind of number
I think if a coach clears their bench at the halfway mark, I don’t have a problem with it. This is college at high school. There’s no mercy rule. Mercy just beat the hell out of District of Columbia. I think 23 nothing maybe? I don’t have score exactly, I have a problem and coaches keep their daughters in to pay their stats so they can get some kind of accolade at the end of the year. And don’t develop their younger players in a game like that.
** players, not daughters. Sorry speak to text lol.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am
Hard to really tell without spending more time than I am willing to give but by the looks the bench started scoring in the third. Ursuiline played the entire game woman down. The player who was in goal is listed as midfield/defense. 9 out of the 11 who did play are listed as freshman. Add all of this together and you get 37-0
Idontknowtherules

Bart wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:43 am
Idontknowtherules wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am
Hard to really tell without spending more time than I am willing to give but by the looks the bench started scoring in the third. Ursuiline played the entire game woman down. The player who was in goal is listed as midfield/defense. 9 out of the 11 who did play are listed as freshman. Add all of this together and you get 37-0
Agreed And if I’m being honest, I don’t even know where either of these schools are 😂
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Only 6 assisted goals? I think they could have done more to avoid dropping 37 on them. During the break between the 1st and 2nd Quarter coach could have/should have implemented 2 rules:

#1. No shots until there is under 15 seconds on the possesion clock.
#2. No unassisted goals

Would have still been a blow out but maybe more in line with 20-25 to 0.

14 of Tiffin's 15 second half goals were unassisted. :cry:
Bart

Post by Bart »

Lurker wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 am Only 6 assisted goals? I think they could have done more to avoid dropping 37 on them. During the break between the 1st and 2nd Quarter coach could have/should have implemented 2 rules:

#1. No shots until there is under 15 seconds on the possesion clock.
#2. No unassisted goals

Would have still been a blow out but maybe more in line with 20-25 to 0.

14 of Tiffin's 15 second half goals were unassisted. :cry:
dunno..first year head coach.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”