NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ChopMan23

Re: NESCAC

Post by ChopMan23 »

Hot take on a rainy thursday but if Tufts and "Bury played today I have Tufts by at least 10. I just have not seen a complete dominant game from Salisbury yet.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

callaxdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am Yes, however, they have quite different meanings Laxattackjackwagon!! Maybe you should Google it, you can do that on the interweb!! Why am I so offended, blah blah blah? Nope, not offended at all, Jackwagon, nor do I believe every other team is bowing to Tufts. And, I do not have to accept anything, especially something you're offering, Jackwagon!! :lol: :lol: Now thats domination!!!! BAM!!!

dom·i·nate
verb
have a commanding influence on; exercise control over.

#downyear
choochooCharlie

ChopMan23 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am Hot take on a rainy thursday but if Tufts and "Bury played today I have Tufts by at least 10. I just have not seen a complete dominant game from Salisbury yet.
It could happen. But I believe Tufts to be one dimensional and thought CNU would beat them by 6. Didn’t happen. A team hasn’t forced Salisbury to play a complete game yet, so whether they can is yet to be seen. (I’ll err on the side that they can, because they’ve earned that IMO)
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

ChopMan23 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am Hot take on a rainy thursday but if Tufts and "Bury played today I have Tufts by at least 10. I just have not seen a complete dominant game from Salisbury yet.
Pretty sure Tufts went in Memorial Day weekend last year with same feeling. You’re correct about Salisbury having not played a complete game yet, gonna be pretty scary when they do. 9-0 means very little. The number 14 is the only important number.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

callaxdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am
callaxdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am
callaxdad wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:05 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:56 pm
callaxdad wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:07 pm
WoodStick wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 pm
EasternShoreLaxGuy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am
The12lov3 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:19 am Do we agree now that Tufts has reloaded and there has not been really a hiccup from last year. You might call RIT a hiccup but I think that those two teams can beat each other on any given day. Compared to how they played against RIT vs CNU/Union, it was night and day. I think if Tufts plays there A game, they could easily beat RIT. Regenery looks to be the real deal and we are starting to see Freshman getting a lot more playing time. Emsing and Beyers looks like they are the next two impactful players. Lots to be excited about especially since their are a lot Sophmores getting a substantial amount of playing time.
I think Tufts thrives when they are the bigger faster team (as most teams do). The problem is that they don't get away with their run and gun game when teams can keep up with them (Specifically the other teams mids). CNU and Union don't have the athletes that SU and RIT have which allows Tufts to get up and down the field at a high rate of speed uncontested. Whereas when you have pressure at that rate of speed, they turn the ball over and look UGLY. Which leads you to say that they weren't on their "A" game. I will say they look like they have reloaded well. But they don't play many tight games due to this reason IMO
I completely agree. Am on record, love the way the Jumbos play, always have. When they are clicking they might be the most fun team in all of college lacrosse to watch. The problem is when you get a team that is also big, physical and has the speed to keep up their TO's come back to bite them in the a$$. The truly great teams can play multiple styles and can adjust, Tufts has not proven that of late.
Heres the deal, last year Tufts beat RIT and lost to Salisbury, two years ago they beat Salisbury and lost to the eventual champ RIT. Bottom line, Tufts will most likely have to go through both of them in the playoffs this year if they expect to win it all. Can they do it? Absolutely. Those 3 and prolly one or two others are fairly evenly matched. It often comes down to who's healthy and peaking in May.

And I totally agree with you WS, a really, really fun brand of lax to watch! I never played the game but, I have to believe Tufts is a very attractive place for a HS lax recruit.
i am not sure how you are saying tufts, salisbury and RIT are evenly matched. RIT dominated when they played tufts. lead the entire way. salisbury is a few steps above everyone else. and after today, watching CNU get manhandled by Williams, a 500 team barely ranked in the top 20. it makes the Tufts/CNU win, not as impressive.

at this point, it looks like Salisbury is the top team

RPI and RIT look pretty even. we saw it in the matchup. and we can see it with similar opponents scores.

tufts can beat most teams. and tufts likes to run on the score more than other teams do. but that doesn’t make them as good as salisbury.

will be interesting to see what happens in may. D3 lax is getting better each year. more and more teams can compete with the top teams. i expect to see several upsets in the tourney.
Not sure what game you watched but, Tufts RIT was 14–11 with about eight minutes to go… Tufts had a couple of opportunities to cut it to two goals… A three goal lead with several minutes to go in lacrosse is a close game IMHO … RIT scored a couple of goals in the last couple of minutes, including an empty netter. Also, Tufts led 2-0 early… not a big deal but, you erroneously stated that RIT lead the whole way, get your facts straight… Just saying. Anyway, yes, RIT won but, dominated them, as you asserted? Sorry, you are sorely mistaken. Or just clueless.
if you are using that argument to claim the team are equal. does it go the same way for York/salisbury? york scored first. actually the first 4. game was 14-11 in the 4th. i can look at both games and honestly say the winner was in control the entire game (except the first few mins)
So now you're changing your tune from "dominated" to "in control"? OK, yes they were ahead almost the whole game. No, it wasn't back and forth with multiple lead changes. However, if you think they were comfortable at any point, until the very end, you are sorely mistaken. Anyone who saw the game knows either team could win on any given Sunday (which is when the two would most likely meet in the Semis!) Anyway, good to hear you've at least come around and are singing a different tune! :lol: :lol:
in control. dominated. they are both subjective terms.
is this the “gotcha” part of your defense? why are you so offended that your team doesn’t match up well with another team. it happens every day in sports. you are talking like Tufts has won the last 6 national championships and that every other lacrosse program is bowing down to Tufts. at some point, you have to accept that other teams are just better. now, if they meet again, anything can happen. just like if CNU and Tufts meet again, anything can happen.
Yes, however, they have quite different meanings Laxattackjackwagon!! Maybe you should Google it, you can do that on the interweb!! Why am I so offended, blah blah blah? Nope, not offended at all, Jackwagon, nor do I believe every other team is bowing to Tufts. And, I do not have to accept anything, especially something you're offering, Jackwagon!! :lol: :lol: Now thats domination!!!! BAM!!!
they say you have lost a debate when you resort to name calling. if this bothers you so much that you need personal attacks, i will bow out of this conversation.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

So moving away from the guys with diarrhea of the mouth let’s talk some lacrosse.

Colby (Away) Tufts (Home)12:00 P.M.
6-26
Bowdoin (Away) Hamilton (Home) 1:00 P.M.
12-10
Conn. College (Away) Williams (Home) 1:00 P.M.
9-14
Middlebury (Away) Wesleyan (Home) 1:00 P.M.
11-10
Trinity (Away) Bates (Home)
9-12

What do you have?
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

SKUD wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm So moving away from the guys with diarrhea of the mouth let’s talk some lacrosse.

6-26
12-10
9-14
11-10
9-12

What do you have?
Agree with all aside from Hamilton. I think they come away with a W against a scrambling bowdoin.
WoodStick

Post by WoodStick »

Wizard-Saga wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am
WoodStick wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am
bonesnjnts wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:49 pm
WoodStick wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:48 pm
bonesnjnts wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 pm solid win by trinity tonight in a tough season...
I am all for rose colored glasses and agree a win is a win, but "solid win", really. I think you are setting the bar just a little bit too low here. Clark is 3-7 with blowout losses to Wentworth and Salve Regina. That they only beat them by 8 (and by the way the game was 3-3 in the first quarter) should be cause for concern.
First game that all phases of team played well at the same time. They were actually down 3-1 early in the first Q. Clark is not good but it was a game Trinity has to win and they did. Clark had 3 shots on goal in the second half.

Lets see how the next 2 games play out. Then we can see if there is cause for concern. They need a bit more consistency going forward.
They should beat Bates, though they are improving and making the long trip to Lewiston is never easy. Conn will be a real test. Problem with Trinity is not the athletes, plenty of them on the field for the Bants, it is the abysmal coaching. They are undisciplined on both sides of the field and are often unprepared. They play an awful ooc schedule so they can pad stats it is a joke. The school clearly does not care about Lacrosse if they did they would get rid of the clown show running the program. Feel bad for the kids.
Based on this post and some of your posts, I'm guessing you are a parent from a kid who is no longer with the program (for whatever reason). Your trolling is just annoying. We get it...you don't like the Trinity coach. Just stop.

Am sorry, am not a parent of a player no longer on the team, and while I do not know the coach personally have watched numerous games over the years and have come to the conclusion that he is not very good at his job and do not mind pointing it out. If you do not enjoy reading my posts I suggest you skip them as I believe this forum is all about sharing thoughts and ideas.
WoodStick

Post by WoodStick »

shorelax12 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am
bonesnjnts wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 pm solid win by trinity tonight in a tough season...
I am all for rose colored glasses and agree a win is a win, but "solid win", really. I think you are setting the bar just a little bit too low here. Clark is 3-7 with blowout losses to Wentworth and Salve Regina. That they only beat them by 8 (and by the way the game was 3-3 in the first quarter) should be cause for concern.
First game that all phases of team played well at the same time. They were actually down 3-1 early in the first Q. Clark is not good but it was a game Trinity has to win and they did. Clark had 3 shots on goal in the second half.

Lets see how the next 2 games play out. Then we can see if there is cause for concern. They need a bit more consistency going forward.
They should beat Bates, though they are improving and making the long trip to Lewiston is never easy. Conn will be a real test. Problem with Trinity is not the athletes, plenty of them on the field for the Bants, it is the abysmal coaching. They are undisciplined on both sides of the field and are often unprepared. They play an awful ooc schedule so they can pad stats it is a joke. The school clearly does not care about Lacrosse if they did they would get rid of the clown show running the program. Feel bad for the kids.
I do not have any intimate knowledge as to the coaching staff, but I am curious to hear from a Trinity insider as to the team dynamics with the transfers and whether that strategy is paying dividends. I am a big proponent of coaches bringing in their own recruiting classes and developing them during their 4 years on campus. It gives the coach a true insight as to a player's strength/weaknesses, and the ability to assess whether that player has a legitimate shot to be a contributor now, or at some time down the road. Excluding the known commodities that left high-level D3 to play D1, taking in the transfers is basically rolling the dice on an unknown commodity because that transfer probably rode the bench at whatever D1 school that they came from, and, outside of kids that simply hate the D1 grind, were probably over-recruited. I suspect that this was even more pronounced with the 2022 class since many of them were recruited mostly by video due to covid. Also, there was lot of discussion on this forum last year about several seniors leaving the before the season, I imagine that this had a huge impact on team unity, and left younger players without peer leadership. bonesnjnts, I think that your perspective as the parent is really valuable, as most of the posters on the forum do not have this type of insight, so I am always interested to hear your thoughts, especially when you are obviously watching the games, as opposed to making generalized statements about coaching, discipline schedule, etc.
I could give specifics but would never call a player out, but if you look at their stats and see their shooting %, their inept ability to score on man-up, their slides etc etc. All of this can be cured by effective coaching. I do give them credit a lot of credit for overcoming all of the turbulence last year. Their 5-5 in league record was surprising.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

they say you have lost a debate when you resort to name calling. if this bothers you so much that you need personal attacks, i will bow out of this conversation.
Hear! Hear!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

SKUD wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm So moving away from the guys with diarrhea of the mouth let’s talk some lacrosse.

6-26
12-10
9-14
11-10
9-12

What do you have?
Agree except I think Trinity over Bates.
choochooCharlie

Unknown Participant wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Hear! Hear!
WoodStick wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pmIf you do not enjoy reading my posts I suggest you skip them as I believe this forum is all about sharing thoughts and ideas.
Amen!
Say it louder for the people in the back.

NESCAC lacrosse takes that you disagree with are open for you to argue. BUT so are the positions that you take! This idea that ANYONE who doesn’t yield to you is; a troll, a clown, a d**k, or has some dreamt up personal vendetta is sad.
Strap on a helmet, because life’s tough.
Bilo

Post by Bilo »

Nescac12001 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am Bowdoin does not have the budget to travel and play. I forget the exact rule, but there’s something with the school that limits them from traveling a certain distance unless funded by the team (parents) or alumni. Last years trip to FL was funded by alums. The school does not support the team past a certain distance, and no one wants to go to Brunswick. There are limitations to Bowdoin’s OOC, as well as other NESCAC schools I’m sure, but Bowdoin in particular
Unfortunate that Bowdoin is so budget-constrained ... it'd be a guaranteed win if they could make it to Newport News.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Hear! Hear!
WoodStick wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pmIf you do not enjoy reading my posts I suggest you skip them as I believe this forum is all about sharing thoughts and ideas.
Amen!

NESCAC lacrosse takes that you disagree with are open for you to argue. BUT so are the positions that you take! This idea that ANYONE who doesn’t yield to you is; a troll, a clown, a d**k, or has some dreamt up personal vendetta is sad.
Thanks for the life lesson, we are all better for it......perhaps a more mature audience in the CLC forum would be a better place for you to sow your seeds of knowledge, us NESCAC folks simply can not handle it at this fragile time
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

WoodStick wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

I do not have any intimate knowledge as to the coaching staff, but I am curious to hear from a Trinity insider as to the team dynamics with the transfers and whether that strategy is paying dividends. I am a big proponent of coaches bringing in their own recruiting classes and developing them during their 4 years on campus. It gives the coach a true insight as to a player's strength/weaknesses, and the ability to assess whether that player has a legitimate shot to be a contributor now, or at some time down the road. Excluding the known commodities that left high-level D3 to play D1, taking in the transfers is basically rolling the dice on an unknown commodity because that transfer probably rode the bench at whatever D1 school that they came from, and, outside of kids that simply hate the D1 grind, were probably over-recruited. I suspect that this was even more pronounced with the 2022 class since many of them were recruited mostly by video due to covid. Also, there was lot of discussion on this forum last year about several seniors leaving the before the season, I imagine that this had a huge impact on team unity, and left younger players without peer leadership. bonesnjnts, I think that your perspective as the parent is really valuable, as most of the posters on the forum do not have this type of insight, so I am always interested to hear your thoughts, especially when you are obviously watching the games, as opposed to making generalized statements about coaching, discipline schedule, etc.
I could give specifics but would never call a player out, but if you look at their stats and see their shooting %, their inept ability to score on man-up, their slides etc etc. All of this can be cured by effective coaching. I do give them credit a lot of credit for overcoming all of the turbulence last year. Their 5-5 in league record was surprising.
I certainly respect you discretion, I would never want anybody to post anything negative about an individual player. I agree, at lot of what you point out should be ironed out by the coaching staff. What always gets me, and this doesn't get reflected in the stats, are the unforced errors, makes you want to bang your head against the bleachers, especially in a close game that may turn on the one or two bad possessions.
choochooCharlie

shorelax12 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Hear! Hear!
Amen!

Thanks for the life lesson, we are all better for it......perhaps a more mature audience in the CLC forum would be a better place for you to sow your seeds of knowledge, us NESCAC folks simply can not handle it at this fragile time
You’re welcome.

-choochoo out.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

callaxdad wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:40 pm
BallHunt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:27 am Is it me, or does Bello field have a lot of guys slipping, not Jumbos players as much as opponents? Saw this in NESCAC semis last year too. I think the middle of the field might need more rubber.
I've seen quite a few games there the past 2 years and this season as well and haven't noticed that. However, FYI, it should be noted the turf is new this season so you can't compare the current conditions to years past.
Good to know. That whole complex is around Bello is pretty nice, given it is in an urban environment.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

callaxdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am
callaxdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am
callaxdad wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:05 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:56 pm
callaxdad wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:07 pm
WoodStick wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 pm
EasternShoreLaxGuy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am
The12lov3 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:19 am Do we agree now that Tufts has reloaded and there has not been really a hiccup from last year. You might call RIT a hiccup but I think that those two teams can beat each other on any given day. Compared to how they played against RIT vs CNU/Union, it was night and day. I think if Tufts plays there A game, they could easily beat RIT. Regenery looks to be the real deal and we are starting to see Freshman getting a lot more playing time. Emsing and Beyers looks like they are the next two impactful players. Lots to be excited about especially since their are a lot Sophmores getting a substantial amount of playing time.
I think Tufts thrives when they are the bigger faster team (as most teams do). The problem is that they don't get away with their run and gun game when teams can keep up with them (Specifically the other teams mids). CNU and Union don't have the athletes that SU and RIT have which allows Tufts to get up and down the field at a high rate of speed uncontested. Whereas when you have pressure at that rate of speed, they turn the ball over and look UGLY. Which leads you to say that they weren't on their "A" game. I will say they look like they have reloaded well. But they don't play many tight games due to this reason IMO
I completely agree. Am on record, love the way the Jumbos play, always have. When they are clicking they might be the most fun team in all of college lacrosse to watch. The problem is when you get a team that is also big, physical and has the speed to keep up their TO's come back to bite them in the a$$. The truly great teams can play multiple styles and can adjust, Tufts has not proven that of late.
Heres the deal, last year Tufts beat RIT and lost to Salisbury, two years ago they beat Salisbury and lost to the eventual champ RIT. Bottom line, Tufts will most likely have to go through both of them in the playoffs this year if they expect to win it all. Can they do it? Absolutely. Those 3 and prolly one or two others are fairly evenly matched. It often comes down to who's healthy and peaking in May.

And I totally agree with you WS, a really, really fun brand of lax to watch! I never played the game but, I have to believe Tufts is a very attractive place for a HS lax recruit.
i am not sure how you are saying tufts, salisbury and RIT are evenly matched. RIT dominated when they played tufts. lead the entire way. salisbury is a few steps above everyone else. and after today, watching CNU get manhandled by Williams, a 500 team barely ranked in the top 20. it makes the Tufts/CNU win, not as impressive.

at this point, it looks like Salisbury is the top team

RPI and RIT look pretty even. we saw it in the matchup. and we can see it with similar opponents scores.

tufts can beat most teams. and tufts likes to run on the score more than other teams do. but that doesn’t make them as good as salisbury.

will be interesting to see what happens in may. D3 lax is getting better each year. more and more teams can compete with the top teams. i expect to see several upsets in the tourney.
Not sure what game you watched but, Tufts RIT was 14–11 with about eight minutes to go… Tufts had a couple of opportunities to cut it to two goals… A three goal lead with several minutes to go in lacrosse is a close game IMHO … RIT scored a couple of goals in the last couple of minutes, including an empty netter. Also, Tufts led 2-0 early… not a big deal but, you erroneously stated that RIT lead the whole way, get your facts straight… Just saying. Anyway, yes, RIT won but, dominated them, as you asserted? Sorry, you are sorely mistaken. Or just clueless.
if you are using that argument to claim the team are equal. does it go the same way for York/salisbury? york scored first. actually the first 4. game was 14-11 in the 4th. i can look at both games and honestly say the winner was in control the entire game (except the first few mins)
So now you're changing your tune from "dominated" to "in control"? OK, yes they were ahead almost the whole game. No, it wasn't back and forth with multiple lead changes. However, if you think they were comfortable at any point, until the very end, you are sorely mistaken. Anyone who saw the game knows either team could win on any given Sunday (which is when the two would most likely meet in the Semis!) Anyway, good to hear you've at least come around and are singing a different tune! :lol: :lol:
in control. dominated. they are both subjective terms.
is this the “gotcha” part of your defense? why are you so offended that your team doesn’t match up well with another team. it happens every day in sports. you are talking like Tufts has won the last 6 national championships and that every other lacrosse program is bowing down to Tufts. at some point, you have to accept that other teams are just better. now, if they meet again, anything can happen. just like if CNU and Tufts meet again, anything can happen.
Yes, however, they have quite different meanings Laxattackjackwagon!! Maybe you should Google it, you can do that on the interweb!! Why am I so offended, blah blah blah? Nope, not offended at all, Jackwagon, nor do I believe every other team is bowing to Tufts. And, I do not have to accept anything, especially something you're offering, Jackwagon!! :lol: :lol: Now thats domination!!!! BAM!!!
Yeah, whatever dude. Let me respond by saying this....when you make rude and offensive statements, assertions and allegations and try to put words in my mouth, then yes, I will come back at you hard. I might even insult you and belittle you because thats what you deserve based on your words and actions. You are a loud mouth, blow hard, prick. Sorry to offend you.

By the way, this is not the debate club Jackwagon...maybe you visited the wrong website by accident...yes you should bow out of this discussion permanently and go join the debate team where you might have a chance for a victory.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

At the very least…can we try to make the walls of quoted text smaller.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

ChopMan23 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

6-26
12-10
9-14
11-10
9-12

What do you have?
Agree with all aside from Hamilton. I think they come away with a W against a scrambling bowdoin.
This is where we left off. Highbouncer had a good post about the midweek results if you can find it. Southfie did a great breakdown of N v S results for the year too.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”